• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dumb caster "knife juggler seems like the best owl target in this deck" (talking about paladin)... yeah, only if you ignore the potential for sludge belcher and tirion, avenge as well. dumb caster =
thatsadmirable

edit:
Why are so many casters so bad at casting this game?

Betting in a match of Hearthstone.

Might as well put up a site that takes bets on who's going to win a coin flip.

Amirite or am I right?

Gambling is never based on games of chance.
hush.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There's worse things to bet on. Your odds are still better than Vegas.

_DrMario_

I'm trying to learn how to play Oil Rogue and I have to say I don't think I'll ever understand the point of Violet Teacher. Even months ago when I was watching Ryzen play Oil rogue, I still never saw the point of that card.

Dahbomb

I'm trying to learn how to play Oil Rogue and I have to say I don't think I'll ever understand the point of Violet Teacher. Even months ago when I was watching Ryzen play Oil rogue, I still never saw the point of that card.
It generates bodies on the board and Rogue has many spells to generate many tokens.

More importantly if you generate a lot of tokens it increases the chance that one of them will stay alive for an Oil combo (even though some times the Oil might hit a summoned Token and you won't get the immediate attack bonus).

The 1/1s also contest the other crap that people have on the board particularly against aggro decks.

Imagine violet teacher says "+1/+1 every time you play a spell". It is like that. Violet teacher + prep + sap/eviscerate/fok gives you 2 tokens so you have added 5/7 to the board for only 4 mana. Many classes cann't deal with a 3/5 and the tokens in the same turn. And violet teacher is particularly good against paladin due to 5 health vs a 4 damage truesilver and spawning tokens.

It just makes all your spells better and oil runs a lot. Backstab alone makes VT extra good. And even later into the match you can get a lot of power on the board and extra value out of your spells. Turn 8 VT + prep + sprint, refill you hand while getting 5/7 power on the board.

JesseZao

Dumb caster "knife juggler seems like the best owl target in this deck" (talking about paladin)... yeah, only if you ignore the potential for sludge belcher and tirion, avenge as well. dumb caster =
thatsadmirable

edit:
Why are so many casters so bad at casting this game?

Admirable is just the worst. Cannot stand him.

Dahbomb

My ladder experience generally goes like this.

"Today I feel like playing slow.. time to Freeze the Ladder!"

Queue up into Ladder with Freeze Mage, go against Control Warriors (always Justicar on turn 6), Druids and Midrange Hunters with Flare. Everyone carries Loatheb anyway.

Fuck losing to Wallet Warrior in a 9-1 match up... time to play fucking Wallet Warrior!

Que into Secret Paladins with god curves, Midrange Paladin with Justicar always on turn 6 and Druids with combos all the time. And Mech Mage randomly that freeze your face for the entire game. Oh and that one random ass guy on Ladder still playing Handlock because he just had to queue into Ladder right as you dared to play some CW.

I forgot what game I am playing... time to be serious.

Bust out aggressive Secret Paladin, gain 2 ranks in a row real easily in a quarter of the time, disgusted in self and closes Hearthstone for the day after opening a couple of packs from some gold.

ZZMitch

I just lost to a guy that started his turn 1 by playing a Secret... and then coining out Secret Keeper after.

Feels bad man.

Pooya

I just lost to a guy that started his turn 1 by playing a Secret... and then coining out Secret Keeper after.

Feels bad man.

maybe it makes you feel better, that should mean it wasn't a bot, bots don't make mistakes like that.

Pooya

17-5 with rogue this season. Still rocking 100% win rate vs paladin. Getting disgusting wins against these decks that just vomit cards on curve.

I had a druid living roots into aspirant innervate aspirant into shredder, I beat him by turn 6.

I had a paladin who zombie chow into shielded minibot into coin DOA, into shredder turn 4... still beat him by a landslide super blade flurry finish at the end.

I had this weird ass hunter playing mukla's champion and snipe where I made a huge misplay (not really the card I played but not waiting to see if it was snipe lol), but his mukla bringing highmane into bgh range gave me the needed opportunity to race him to death and somehow pulled out a win.

Pretty fun first day of the new season I have to admit. Not nearly as much aggro as I thought there would be... only 2 of the 6 games I played tonight were aggro (both were aggro druids). And I am on a 9 win streak. Feelsgoodman. I am updating the list at the moment if anyone wants to try running it.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_11_02_15_02_01_30.png

Basically cut ERF for a BGH, but credit for that suggestion goes to Hotform.

Your deck is doing well for me, playing without heals is kinda scary but works out more often than not. I guess if you have to heal, you're going lose anyway. Still might swap a dread corsair for a belcher if I feel I need some longevity. I will never play healbot in rogue again in any case. These last two games just now I won with 4 health and 7 health in order. Both were paladins with GOD draw though and I went through Boom and Tirion. No better feeling in this game than sapping Tirion.

I've been running bgh myself for a while, dealing with Dr. Boom is too expensive otherwise. I think Hotform is running one in Blizzcon too (edit you said it!) I like to see his list too, probably not very different. I'm not sure if he had barbers. edit: This appears to be his list http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/357138-hotform-rogue-blizzcon-2015

I'm running BGH in my patron list too, maybe make it 2 even soon lol

17-5 with rogue this season. Still rocking 100% win rate vs paladin. Getting disgusting wins against these decks that just vomit cards on curve.

I tried to play Oil Rogue at Rank 14 today. Running... Crimzig's list? Double Assassin's Blade and Double Coldlight.

I immediately jumped out of the meta and into some pardoxical world where Secret Mage and Wailing Soul Druid were things. The Druid Turn 6 Innervate/Innervate/Force/Roar'd me to make me even more annoyed.

funkypie

Banned
It's long grinding gold for naxx cards, should have done this ages ago. Instead I've just been buying packs.

Not even unlocked the second wing yet, first was free.

Wonder what Blizzard is thinking with all the backlash that's starting to build up. More and more people unhappy with how Blizzard is handling the game so I wonder how much longer they can stay silent. Then again, probably not affecting their profit margins too much I'd guess.

Wonder what Blizzard is thinking with all the backlash that's starting to build up.

tumblr_l619cbtmch1qzt72soc.gif

Blizzard gave us a lot of good TGT cards so they are doing their job. The only thing they can say about constructed is "our community will play the same lame shit no matter what we do" so there really isn't much to say.

Yeah, I mean, I don't expect they're taking too much of a hit monetarily but it definitely seems like contempt is building so I'm just more curious as to how long they'll brush it to the side. I'm not expecting much until their bottom line is hit though.

What backlash? Did something happen? Or are you just talking about everyday salt?

There's just more and more people beginning to grow unhappy with the way Blizzard's handling the game. Most I've seen anyway.

Sande

My knife juggler just went face 5 times in a row when all it had to do was hit the damn Aspirant once. Then the druid swiped my whole board.

In the end I was killed from 21 hp with an empty board because druid.

Edit: Just found out that getting Counterspelled counts as discounting a card when my Tiny Knight of Evil was suddenly buffed. That's not an interaction you see every day.

Just Pete

Banned
Alright lads, I gave this game a go during my tea break yesterday morning I don't really know what I'm doing but I opened a pack and got this golden Toshley bloke, dont know what to do with him.

Alright lads, I gave this game a go during my tea break yesterday morning I don't really know what I'm doing but I opened a pack and got this golden Toshley bloke, dont know what to do with him.

Since you're new you can probably throw him into just about any and every deck you make. The stats make it a very solid minion to play and the spare parts are just a bonus.

It's not a crazy legendary that you look at and go "wow" but Toshley will do work, especially for a newer player.

Sande

Freeze mage is so damn ridiculous. How can you win if they get a decent draw and you don't have a bunch of heals in hand? There's so little counterplay beyond just healing after Alexstrasza drops.

Loomba

My knife juggler just went face 5 times in a row when all it had to do was hit the damn Aspirant once. Then the druid swiped my whole board.

In the end I was killed from 21 hp with an empty board because druid.

Edit: Just found out that getting Counterspelled counts as discounting a card when my Tiny Knight of Evil was suddenly buffed. That's not an interaction you see every day.

I would have rage conceded after the swipe to be honest.

Kangi

Turn four. "Okay, this board works so long as he doesn't have Arcane Missiles".

*Spellslinger*

*Arcane Missiles (created by Spellslinger)*

Why do I play this game?

keuja

Yeah, I mean, I don't expect they're taking too much of a hit monetarily but it definitely seems like contempt is building so I'm just more curious as to how long they'll brush it to the side. I'm not expecting much until their bottom line is hit though.

There's just more and more people beginning to grow unhappy with the way Blizzard's handling the game. Most I've seen anyway.

In what way Blizzard is badly handling the game?

Top Bottom