• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Who am I kidding about playing Hearthstone for more than an hour a day?

This warlock just healed like 80 health over the course of this match against my late game paladin. I literally outplayed in on every turn, counting his health to avoid molten giants, avoiding value for Reno, not over-comitting because of hellfire, shadowflame, the demon AoE. I also had good draws throughout the entire match. I finally set up leathal for the next turn by having tons of 1-1s on the board, so I trigger his Thaddius and back my ass up with Sludge and a slime (2 taunts). He has TWO cards left, and a Thaddius on board.

Siphon Soul > slime
Silence > sludge

Face, leathal

Holy fucking shit, I want to break my teeth and shove them up my nostrils. 40 minutes or my life wasted.
Have you spent more money on games or computer equipment/furniture destroyed in frustration over games the last few years?

Tacitus_

AI pls

Wo55xGx.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why did you trigger his Thaddius if you were at 11 HP?
Because two taunts, all direct damage gone including AoE. Safe bet. Also, he had two cards left and I set up leathal this way

The_Poet

Banned

This warlock just healed like 80 health over the course of this match against my late game paladin. I literally outplayed in on every turn, counting his health to avoid molten giants, avoiding value for Reno, not over-comitting because of hellfire, shadowflame, the demon AoE. I also had good draws throughout the entire match. I finally set up leathal for the next turn by having tons of 1-1s on the board, so I trigger his Thaddius and back my ass up with Sludge and a slime (2 taunts). He has TWO cards left, and a Thaddius on board.

Siphon Soul > slime
Silence > sludge

Face, leathal

Holy fucking shit, I want to break my teeth and shove them up my nostrils. 40 minutes or my life wasted.

Grow up dude.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm heading out to celebrate. Go ahead and keep quoting me with shit posts that are even worse than my own.

Siphon Soul > slime
Silence > sludge

Face, leathal

Happy Feast of Winterveil.

bjaelke

Took a bit longer than I had anticipated but finally completed the last heroic wing using only Priest. Skelesaurus Hex in particular made me question my decision at times.

cHinzo

Shoulda played the Anyfin Paladin deck and OTK'd him. :d That's what I did against that lame ass Priest who kept healing himself to full life while clearing my board. Can't get more than 30 HP! 😁😁

Dahbomb

Because two taunts, all direct damage gone including AoE. Safe bet. Also, he had two cards left and I set up leathal this way
Clearly it wasn't a safe bet if he still hadn't used a Siphon Soul and Silence yet. Also if you hadn't triggered his Thaddius you wouldn't have taken 11 damage to face.

Sounds like you got greedy for the lethal and got punished.

Kornflayx

Holy shit, I had the deal 100 damage to enemy heroes quest. One match against Reno Warrior and that quest was completed. Golden Monkey, Lorewalker Cho, Double Healbot, Reno.... everything was played. It was awesome

Yoshichan

Clearly it wasn't a safe bet if he still hadn't used a Siphon Soul and Silence yet. Also if you hadn't triggered his Thaddius you wouldn't have taken 11 damage to face.

Sounds like you got greedy for the lethal and got punished.
That was his Spellbreaker... he had already used owl before. Who the fuck runs that card.

JesseZao

I'm've been working on an Elise beast hunter with call pet and tracking. Basically I wanted to use the tracking deck thinning to draw the monkey faster.

Szadek

Sounds like a classic bronze player trying to give advice.
One player once told after a game that I was a bad at the game, even though I won.
Apperently I shouldn't go all face when I'm running out of cards and when the other player is low on health.

Kunohara

I'm liking Curator as well. It basically saved me just now from an aggro warrior. I picked belcher and he didn't have a silence. I don't really care about its stats since I'm playing a more minion based deck.

Also, I have about 5600 dust lying around, and since I basically have all the good legendaries and cards, I'm really tempted to finally craft a golden one. I've only gotten one golden one from a pack, Rag, but I dusted it because I did not want to turn down 1600 dust. In hindsight, I wish I kept it cause he looks real nice golden. I'm thinking either Sylanvas, Ysera, or Dr Boom. Or maybe I should craft some golden cards instead. I would like to have an all gold deck to go with my golden priest, but I would need 21k dust for that at the moment, heh. I figure I do the legendaries first since they are the most expensive.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

Siphon Soul > slime
Silence > sludge

Face, leathal

I would talk shit but i also get extremely angry sometimes when playing this fucking game, i slam my fists and curse loudly, so i undertand that anger. It shouldn't be this way it's just silly and embarassing, hopefully both of us can learn how to play the game like most people.

ViviOggi

I'm liking Curator as well. It basically saved me just now from an aggro warrior. I picked belcher and he didn't have a silence. I don't really care about its stats since I'm playing a more minion based deck.

Also, I have about 5600 dust lying around, and since I basically have all the good legendaries and cards, I'm really tempted to finally craft a golden one. I've only gotten one golden one from a pack, Rag, but I dusted it because I did not want to turn down 1600 dust. In hindsight, I wish I kept it cause he looks real nice golden. I'm thinking either Sylanvas, Ysera, or Dr Boom. Or maybe I should craft some golden cards instead. I would like to have an all gold deck to go with my golden priest, but I would need 21k dust for that at the moment, heh. I figure I do the legendaries first since they are the most expensive.
Golden adventure cards are the best crafts since you can't get them any other way. Of course legendaries are flashier, but the adventure ones aren't too exciting overall. Out of those three I'd craft Ysera because you get multiple goldens, or Boom for practicality since he fits in literally every deck.

Kunohara

Golden adventure cards are the best crafts since you can't get them any other way. Of course legendaries are flashier, but the adventure ones aren't too exciting overall. Out of those three I'd craft Ysera because you get multiple goldens, or Boom for practicality since he fits in literally every deck.

Good point about adventure cards. Maybe I will go with Boom since he is used in lots of decks. Might craft golden zombie chows and belchers also. Might even do curators too.

Absolutely destroying with control Priest right now, though luckily I haven't run into any Warlocks today.

Also I just want to say Museum Curator has the best attack sound in the game.

Everything was Warlock, Paladin, or Shaman. Though quite a few Druid mirrors and the occasional Mage.

Except for the Legend-rank (first one I've played this season) brother brann mill rogue that managed to get me. He woulda been boned after I went full fel reaver, but he managed to have two backstabs, two vanishes, and a sap in hand. With over 15 cards remaining. Slight turn in the cards and it would've been a different game.

Hunter doesn't exist anymore boys, Rexxar is dead.

And back to rank 3. Question is if I can hold on and push forward.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Curse of Rafaam ended being exactly what I needed for my super aggro Discardlock. Now it's like a 45% win deck instead of a 40% win deck. Even finished off a reno mage through her freezing trap with it.

Not great for rushing up the ladder, but great for having fun sniping fools on ladder that have no idea what the hell you're doing.

I personally think it is a bit silly to become angry when you lose because you were out maneuvered or you make a play that ultimately leads directly to you losing. As others have mentioned, why pop thaddius? Unless you had to... seems unnecessary. Also, it was mentioned that they were outplaying the warlock every turn. Not sure that happened, but that is ultimately not what decides games. It isn't like he RNG'd you to death with two boom bots. He capitalized on a situation made possible by activating thaddius.

And it didn't have to be siphon soul and silence. It could have been other combos of cards. It isn't like a 1/2 taunt is particularly life preserving that late into a game.

Ultimately, it doesn't make sense to stay mad for long after a game like that. Mostly I think people should just try to learn from what happened to try and prevent that from the future. Maybe even check out a replay (like hearthstone deck tracker) to see what you could have done differently. You can't always respect every AOE or molten giant play they might put out. At one point you may have had a high chance to win sooner than taking the "safest" route turn to turn.

Really off to a different topic, but sometimes people think the safe play is the one that always has the best chance to win. This is not true. Sometimes you can "disrespect" a card. And sometimes you must "disrespect" a card, because you lose in the long run. Paladins usually don't have the benefit of the doubt in a long match vs warlock simply because jaraxxus makes bigger dudes, although that can change under the right circumstances (harrison jones for example).

I personally think it is a bit silly to become angry when you lose because you were out maneuvered or you make a play that ultimately leads directly to you losing. As others have mentioned, why pop thaddius? Unless you had to... seems unnecessary. Also, it was mentioned that they were outplaying the warlock every turn. Not sure that happened, but that is ultimately not what decides games. It isn't like he RNG'd you to death with two boom bots. He capitalized on a situation made possible by activating thaddius.

And it didn't have to be siphon soul and silence. It could have been other combos of cards. It isn't like a 1/2 taunt is particularly life preserving that late into a game.

Ultimately, it doesn't make sense to stay mad for long after a game like that. Mostly I think people should just try to learn from what happened to try and prevent that from the future. Maybe even check out a replay (like hearthstone deck tracker) to see what you could have done differently. You can't always respect every AOE or molten giant play they might put out. At one point you may have had a high chance to win sooner than taking the "safest" route turn to turn.

Really off to a different topic, but sometimes people think the safe play is the one that always has the best chance to win. This is not true. Sometimes you can "disrespect" a card. And sometimes you must "disrespect" a card, because you lose in the long run. Paladins usually don't have the benefit of the doubt in a long match vs warlock simply because jaraxxus makes bigger dudes, although that can change under the right circumstances (harrison jones for example).

yea i just insta conceded a match b/c I misplayed and wasnt even mad. Most of the time my losses right now is due to me not actually thinking about stuff. Too many new decks and I havent learned all the new cards in play. Like with the rise of shaman I have no idea what mana their spells cost so Im always like I have no idea if im getting greedy right now lol

i only get angry when i get bad draws. this game has been giving me doubles in mulligans far too often in the past couple days

I don't even get mad anymore because it happens way too often lately.

At this point it's like fuck it.. god doesn't want me to win. I'm just read NeoGAF while my opponent ropes me on the easiest play possible. Whatever... I hit high enough for the golden epic for the month. I don't care anymore!

Pooya

So many warlocks on EU and they can be anything, token zoo, demon zoo, malylock, renolock and even regular handlock.

You can guess if it's a zoo or not from mulligan usually. but after that the mystery begins.

zombie chow? ok it's renolock or malylock.

imp gang boss? ok still can be both.

twilight drake? still be both. It's so annoying, it can go on turn 5 before you see what is this. and your game plan is widely different. molten or no molten, lots of heals or not much. It's so bad.

I will probably start playing malylock myself soon, it's one dragon deck that is actually fun to play. dragon priest is miserable. I'm sick of playing warrior of any kind now, it just feels too weak and a win takes a lot of effort when some other deck just goes on a winstreak in the time you win a single game. next game awful hand fast loss against stupid paladin curve. yeah I'm done with this class until they start printing some decent cards for it. it feels so hopeless at times. Only viable warrior deck right is patron if you ask me, cw is so bad and even patron is very fragile. I hope patron archetype gets some cards in future, this set was just awful warrior. yeah monkey taunt, it's alright but it's not going to do much by itself. warrior can't deal with all this sticky garbage everyone has now.

CoolOff

So many warlocks on EU and they can be anything, token zoo, demon zoo, malylock, renolock and even regular handlock.

You can guess if it's a zoo or not from mulligan usually. but after that the mystery begins.

zombie chow? ok it's renolock or malylock.

imp gang boss? ok still can be both.

twilight drake? still be both. It's so annoying, it can go on turn 5 before you see what is this. and your game plan is widely different. molten or no molten, lots of heals or not much. It's so bad.

Time to tech! Depart foul creature!

Or play Dreadlock with double Sac Pact.

Shaman is like the perfect example of why spells should have adjusted damage values when used on heroes.

Edit: Holy fuck Anyfin Can Happen is fucking broken. So Blizzard nerfs Patron and then creates something just as bad? lol

inky

Been away for a couple of weeks. I did finish the last adventure today, although I still have the last heroics to go. Seem a bit simpler than last week at least.

With all the cards out it is finally time to go through some new Spell Druid iterations! Moonkin, Raptor, Raven Idol all go in... but who will be there in the end? :D

Top Bottom