• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Aggro Shaman can also steamroll with insane starts, especially if they grab Finley and get a decent power. Lost to a couple of those by turn 6 if not before, which is pretty disgusting.

Also lost today to a Miracle rogue, surprisingly, which was kinda crap - he went through like 9 cards in one turn making a 12/4 auctioneer with a weapon on board and me at like 14 health already at that point. Found both his saps early which sucked for me.

I feel like Paladin is probably the strongest, most consistent deck right now, whichever variation you pick. Probably followed by Reno lock. Aggro Shaman is the best full-on face deck. One of the Priest variants might be up there, but I don't typically play Priest - they usually get destroyed by Warlock though. Only Priest game I lost today as Warlock I think was one that did 15 burst damage in one turn - Auchenai, Chow, Circle, 2x Flash Heal. Was gross.

Haunted

Shielded Minibot: 2 mana 2/1 w/ divine shield

Mad Scientist: 2 mana 1/1, same deathrattle

Piloted Shredder: 4 mana 4/2, same deathrattle.

Don't call them nerfs, they're just tweaks.

There should be a card that sets both players hero powers back to their original power.
What about a card that removes/seals hero powers.

bjaelke

What about a card that removes/seals hero powers.

I'm sure Blizzard will explore more cards that punishes the use of Hero Powers. Grand Tournament gave us Saboteur and League of Explorers gave us Dart Trap.

Maybe a Kvaldir Raider inspired (see what I did there?) minion that triggers after your opponent uses his/her Hero Power.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Don't call them nerfs, they're just tweaks.

I'm really not in favor of nerfing Shielded Minibot. Making it a 2/1 puts it on the same tier as Argent Squire and Scarlet Crusader, which are decent cards but barely viable in Constructed. So you're basically just making a class card on par with a neutral.

Paladin had an extremely weak Turn 2 before he was introduced. Paladin used to be one of the worst classes because they often just hero powered on Turn 2 and then they had to play catchup through the rest of match. That's why every Paladin used to run double equality and double pyro. They fell so far behind they needed that board clear just to be relevant. Minibot is as core to Paladin Turn 2 as Fiery War Axe is to Warrior. What are these classes without these cards?

Haunted

Those are fair points. I didn't remember it was a class card that is allowed to be stronger, it just felt right in that pack as part of that perfect curve.

Szadek

I honestly don't really mind Mad Scientist anymore. He basically is a class card.

Piloted Shredder on the other hand should really be a 3/3. The 4 attack really limits how many other cards are viable.

The_Poet

Banned
I honestly don't really mind Mad Scientist anymore. He basically is a class card.

Piloted Shredder on the other hand should really be a 3/3. The 4 attack really limits how many other cards are viable.

I think 4/2 would be fine. It means its weak to many more removal options and any lingering 2 drops, while still giving its user some board presence after the first part is cleared.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

3 health does just as much damage. 2/4's, 2/5's, and 2/6's all stack up very poorly against shredder. Arcane Nullifier, Axe Flinger, Maiden of the Lake, Rumbling Elemental... etc. 3 health also keeps it much more resilient against AOE's like Consecrate or Holy Nova..

ViviOggi

Rank 5 was super ez for me this season, I barely played at all. A bunch of people playing garbage decks since the last wing came out definitely helped. Been playing Reynoodle Zoo until about rank 13 back when it was hot shit and then got a crazy streak with Dog's Control Priest.

I don't even understand how that happens, lol.

That can't be intended.

Our guess is that the +1/+1 buffs on the Questing Adventurer were some how applied non-sequebtially with the swap when copied. So, maybe three +1/+1's applied to the Faceless Manipulator'd, then he had a swap, then the remaining +1/+1 buffs applied.

Really makes no sense and can't be intended.

It would make more sense if the Faceless was just a 5/12, because then you could just make the case that it somehow retroactively got buffed from the three cards you played(Somehow counting itself.)

But the fact that it got +6/+6 makes zero sense. I really wish you hovered over the card to see what the buff list looked like.

Sande

I'm seriously considering 2 Blood Knights in every fucking deck I run. Paladin is completely out of control. It doesn't even matter if that loses to every other class because I'm facing paladin 90% of the time.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i have been playing ranked for 2 days straight and i have barely seen hunter, damn LOE killed hunter. Climbing from 14 to 7 with oil rogue feels super good, very strong deck right now since hunter is dead currently.

bjaelke

Faceless has been bugged in Tavern Brawl for some time now. Never experienced it myself, but there are a few reports on the official forum.

It all started after they fixed the bug where it would not copy all stats and often kill the Faceless upon play because it started with negative health.

It would make more sense if the Faceless was just a 5/12, because then you could just make the case that it somehow retroactively got buffed from the three cards you played(Somehow counting itself.)

But the fact that it got +6/+6 makes zero sense. I really wish you hovered over the card to see what the buff list looked like.

Wish I had hovered over it too. I swore I did, but by the time I went back to look at the replay I realized I'd forgotten to do so.

Faceless has been bugged in Tavern Brawl for some time now. Never experienced it myself, but there are a few reports on the official forum.

It all started after they fixed the bug where it would not copy all stats and often kill the Faceless upon play because it started with negative health.

Oh Blizzard...

What does Faceless do now in Brawl?

Weird stuff like I experienced, apparently.

Phreaker

There is also weird things happening with buffed entombed cards. I entombed a Northshire Cleric that was highly buffed. When I drew her she showed in my hand as 1/-2 and showed the same when I played her on the board. Then it happened last night to me with this buffed Sludge Belcher when I drew it from my deck:

gcqN82a.jpg

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Just had a similar game with my Priest deck. My Acolyte of Pain absorbed 3 juggles which allowed me to play Reno with the heal effect (have two Shadowform).

Damn that's nice! Reno is pretty cool. People don't actually realize that every point of damage matters, one damage missed can mean the difference between a loss or a win.

I had a couple great games early last night with my sacrificial pact saving the day. Even got to sac pact a Jaraxxus once (half the reason I have the card in there is insta-win for mirrors if I draw it.) Few really close ones where I got down to 2 or 3 health as Jaraxxus but pulled them off. Though I lost a handful of games like that as well via consecrates or whatever.

I really like the combo version of Reno Lock though with Arcane Golem/Faceless/PO/Abusive. Potential to get a second PO from peddler. The Faceless has come in handy a few times vs. Tirions when I wouldn't otherwise have an answer, but have like Facless + Owl. The reach of the combo is really strong, but it's not the end-all win condition like it is in Druid.

Really would like a Mal'Ganis though which I don't have. That and two Lightbombs right now are the only cards I really need.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Ran a secret pally to fatigue with elise priest, lol. I was actually sad I already entombed tirion and lightbombed boom as the monkey gave me rend and chromaggus.

Dragner

So I started Rank 5 and 2 stars, 2 wins later Rank 5 and 2 stars, twitted blizzard, waited 5 hours and still no fix. Im the only one having that problem? EU server.

bjaelke

Relog on EU. That's the only solution right now.
Damn that's nice! Reno is pretty cool. People don't actually realize that every point of damage matters, one damage missed can mean the difference between a loss or a win.

I've also seen a lot of people prematurely blow their load all over the opponent before Reno had been played. That kind of mess only leads to emote spam, extensive roping and post-game friend requests.

First time seeing a golden monkey played. This priest plays elise, then the next turn the map, then two turns later monkey. Cool but he fucked himself by removal all of his removals so I flooded the board and killed him fairly easily.

Loomba

Every time I need a card desperately and don't draw it over the next 15 cards and lose because of it. It's in my mulligan for the next game first card without fail.

It's actually become a thing I look out for now.

Ridli

Had a really bad feeling tonight. Long losing streak that dropped me two ranks. Next match I queue up and opponent plays Golshire Footman on turn one.

I felt terrible, like blizz thought I was such a scrub I needed some kind of mercy win.

It ended up being some dude trying to some kind of crazy token deck w sword of justice, keeper, and competitive spirit, but still felt awful at the time.

Ugh. 1 loss away from dropping to Rank 5 now after being Rank 1 like a week ago. Not a good run for me lately.

Of course when I decide to play SMOrc Shaman I get matched vs. like 3 other aggro players in a row with better pulls than me. I'd much rather play control vs. aggro than aggro vs. aggro.

Top Bottom