• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Pooya

3 freeze mage matches very close together, easy games but take awhile . this last one was running malygos, almost burned through my armor. I won with only 10+7 health, I was scared for a bit lol. I only have trouble against secret paladin and renolock as patron. the deck isn't very good against secret paladin, if you get turn 5 combo, you win, if you don't you lose. well, if they don't get Dr.6 you are probably going to win but overall the window for you to get cards is very short and there is no comeback mechanic here, when paladin lands on board it won't get out.

Surprisingly, I've been doing fine against priest. Kor'kron elites do work in this match up, pushing quite a bit of early damage they can't recover from.

hi, played the game in the beta phase and couldn´t find time to play for at least half a year. Just played a game here and there when i could spare some time. NOW i want to start playing more frequently thanks to my android phone and want to buy this christmas card thingy where you get the 50 packs for 44 euro. I have also seen the solo adventures have their own cards.

Question is, are the sp adventures worth buying, with gold or money, for the cards alone or can i craft what i need for my decks?

Playing mainly warlock if that matters.

thanks

Tarazet

hi, played the game in the beta phase and couldn´t find time to play for at least half a year. Just played a game here and there when i could spare some time. NOW i want to start playing more frequently thanks to my android phone and want to buy this christmas card thingy where you get the 50 packs for 44 euro. I have also seen the solo adventures have their own cards.

Question is, are the sp adventures worth buying, with gold or money, for the cards alone or can i craft what i need for my decks?

thanks

The expansions are all pretty good and open up deck archetypes that wouldn't really be viable otherwise. In LoE, you get Reno Jackson to improve the Handlock shell, Curse of Rafaam and Dark Peddler give you a pretty good SMOrc face deck option, Imp Gang Boss and Emperor Thaurissan from Blackrock are excellent, and Naxx has indispensible staple value cards like Sludge Belcher and Loatheb. I wouldn't skip out on the expansions if you don't mind paying for them, depending on the kind of deck you're looking for. Gold is probably better used on arena or packs specifically for GvG cards.

Ridli

There are a lot of really strong warlock cards that are found in Solo Adventures. Dark Peddler, Void Caller, Imp Gang boss... As well as stuff like nerubian eggs, haunted creepers, sludge belchers, Emperor, and Reno.

Naxx is still a very high value purchase if you have the cash, as well as LOE.

Dre

thanks

If you don't mind spending some cash, the adventures are probably the best value you'll get with real money.
A lot of adventure cards are staples and irreplaceable in most competitive decks.

Tarazet

I've been playing arena with a F2P account. Reminded me of how much I hate arena. Even if your win rate is 50% the experience is just horrific. Not to mention I always get TGT packs which are fucking useless.

ViviOggi

I've been playing arena with a F2P account. Reminded me of how much I hate arena. Even if your win rate is 50% the experience is just horrific. Not to mention I always get TGT packs which are fucking useless.
I mean 50% winrate is 3-3, that's indeed an awful experience and not worth it whatsoever

So is TGT hands down the least-impactful set/adventure? Seems like only 3-4 cards see regular use. I'd argue LoE had a larger impact despite being much smaller.

dralla

I worked my way up some ranks and now I'm hitting Paladin's running Anyfin.

How do you stop this, bruhs. Playing a mid-range control Preist. Don't have the burst damage to get lethal quick enough

So is TGT hands down the least-impactful set/adventure? Seems like only 3-4 cards see regular use. I'd argue LoE had a larger impact despite being much smaller.

All it did was introduce a bunch of broken ass cards like Mysterious Challenger and Darnassus Aspirant. Entire classes (Warlock) got nothing.

Because the inspire and joust mechanics are at best worthless, at worst loses you the game.

Because the inspire and joust mechanics are at best worthless, at worst loses you the game.

The big issue with many of the cards is that they don't fit into deck strategies very well. But I think you're wrong about them being worthless. For example, nexus champion saraad was an include in tempo mage decks for a while because the extra spells generated could win the game or feed antonidas. Whereas a lot of the other ones merely have the high value but lack the strategy tie in of antonidas, for example.

Same goes with a lot of the joust cards. A few extra stat points if you win the joust is nice, but it doesn't really tie into a lot of deck's longer term strategies. Although elekk saw a lot of play.

Szadek

Inspire is good, great in Arena. At least Murloc Knights, Paletress and Saraad see play. Joust is ass.

Discover is far better then both.
The joust class cards aren't too bad ( minus argent lance), but the neutrals are all terrible.
The problem is most joust cards is, that they are terrible if the fail and just sightly better than other cards if they win.

The sad thing is, joust is better than the cards with a discount for every minion that died that turn.

Tomcat

whats the best version of control priest right now? There seem to be many versions of this deck. Trying dog's list right now.

I learned today that Southwest airline's internet is fast enough to play HS. Just finished a 6 win hunter quest using brawl. I don't trust it enough for ladder or arena (had 1 disconnect but it wasn't in-game) but brawl and story mode work just fine.

Y4ozSW3.jpg

#AggroPriest

Feels so good to crush decks full of sticky aggro minions.

Cipherr

Inspire sucks because it craps on classes like rogue. Not every hero power is easy to use multiple times without wasting poison or weapon charged etc.

hey guys, just read your comments and a huge thank you from me. Will buy the naxxrams thing. I dont mind spending some money at all because i enjoyed quite some hours for free and i have no problem giving something back for it. What about the heroic stuff in the adventures? sounds tough and i still suck. are they necessary for the cards?

hey guys, just read your comments and a huge thank you from me. Will buy the naxxrams thing. I dont mind spending some money at all because i enjoyed quite some hours for free and i have no problem giving something back for it. What about the heroic stuff in the adventures? sounds tough and i still suck. are they necessary for the cards?

No. Heroic only gets you a card back and they are frustrating.

Heroic adventures only reward card backs. No card unlocks are tied to them.

Kornflayx

Nope, if you beat heroic you just get the cardback from Naxx

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So i think i got the new Star Wars spoiled by one of Forsen's donation messages =/
FeelsSpoiledMan

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
This is why you go see the biggest movie of the year right away so spoilers stay holding those L's
Im going on monday :(

or maybe you learn to let go of worrying so much about being aware of some plot point or another and just yknow enjoy the movie.
Of course im gonna enjoy it, but i got got big time.

FoxSpirit

The brawl this week is such BS, whoever gets ahead first with gifts crushes. Unless luck has it I get shit and he gets Antonidas, Antonidas, KelThulzad... or how about that lady who summons legendaries on hero power?

While I get shit like vanish and that Ogre.

jgminto

Tried playing Egg Druid, it's a pretty fun deck. Token Druid was actually one of the first decks I made when I was early with the game. I ran Dark Wispers in my original deck though, that was a super satisfying card when it worked.

The brawl this week is such BS, whoever gets ahead first with gifts crushes. Unless luck has it I get shit and he gets Antonidas, Antonidas, KelThulzad... or how about that lady who summons legendaries on hero power?

While I get shit like vanish and that Ogre.

"Take this time to consider your past deeds."

I did and made a Warlock deck.
"This week's brawl is brought to you by Warlocks United"

I just played my first Brawl this week, I kept away from the internet 'cuz Star Wars.

Today, I got to live the Jaraxxus/Sacrificial Pact dream, and he was playing Secret Paladin. Victory has never tasted so sweet.

Owzers

So i think i got the new Star Wars spoiled by one of Forsen's donation messages =/
FeelsSpoiledMan
....this is how I got spoiled, I thought I was safe from the Internet for a day but it got me the day before I saw the movie. Even with the big spoiler I still liked the movie.

cHinzo

Man this Brawl is great for clearing all the quests. Most of them are super easy when playing warlock. Think I finished like 6 quests already during this Brawl. :D

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Doomsayer is kind of pointless when Warlock can T2 Power Overwhelming to nab both presents. I think it's too slow overall. I've seen it work only occasionally when Warlock has many guaranteed ways to clear presents.

Mage is the other good one. Anyone with lots of non-enemy instant damage will do well.

Tarazet

Doomsayer is kind of pointless when Warlock can T2 Power Overwhelming to nab both presents. I think it's too slow overall. I've seen it work only occasionally when Warlock has many guaranteed ways to clear presents.

Mage is the other good one. Anyone with lots of non-enemy instant damage will do well.

Doomsayer does get you both gifts, since the game considers you as having killed them both. I coined one out and played a turn 2 Dr. 6 against a Paladin.

Doomsayer is okay, but crazed alchemist counters that and works even better tbh because you'll use it on your own gift (when not killing doomsayer) and get board presence as well, whereas doomsayer is more of a high risk somewhat equal reward play.

Just had to explain to a friend getting into the game what Ysera did and it struck me that if you go into your collection and look at Ysera it doesn't tell you what the Dream Cards are. That is extremely un-intuitive. Same with Rafaam, Gelbin Mekkatorque, ETC, Jaraxxus and Majordomo...

Top Bottom