• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Ladekabel

Had the quest to win three games with any class.Did it with Druid and lost to several Temo Mages with perfect draws and Boom Bot RNG and a disgusting Aggro Paladin who killed me turn 6. One mage conceded/left befor the mulligan, won against a Freeze Mage and a Pirate Rogue who only went to the place that is called the face.

Got my 40 gold and bought a GvG pack since I want a Coghammer and Quartermaster for Midrange Paladin. Opened an Iron Juggernaut in my first pack of the year. Keep dem legendaries comin', Blizz!

gutshot

Made it to rank 3 which is the highest ever for me. Egg Druid doing work. Probably could have hit legend if I had had the time. I had a 70% win rate in the games I played between ranks 5 and 3 and a 65% win rate overall for the month with Egg Druid.

Rewards were Sorc Apprentice, Ice Lance and Echo of Medivh. Not bad.

Tarazet

Made it to rank 3 which is the highest ever for me. Egg Druid doing work. Probably could have hit legend if I had had the time. I had a 70% win rate in the games I played between ranks 5 and 3 and a 65% win rate overall for the month with Egg Druid.

Rewards were Sorc Apprentice, Ice Lance and Echo of Medivh. Not bad.

I've been wondering why Crazed Alchemist didn't make it into Egg Druid. If you use him on an 0/2, he turns it into a 2/0 instantly killing it.

dmr87

"Might as well do the Brawl for a free pack"

5cEb.png

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
No, unless the card played was golden to begin with. This still works on the ordinary Mirror Entities as well.

This is incorrect. If you have a golden mirror entity, the copied minion will also be golden, regardless of whether or not the original minion was golden or not.

In a rare opportunity of revenge... I lost to a weird taunt warrior playing a control priest deck. But an opening hand with only a deathlord playable will do that to you. I got fed up of losing so I qued secret paladin, was immediately matched against the same guy who basically played the same opening hand. Except this time I have a great curve and it wasn't even close how bad I beat him.

Messing around with mistcaller control shaman and get paired up against miracle rogue.

The opponent managed to get off 2 concealed auctioneers and still lost.

The highlight of the match was a scarab into tinkmaster into a 1/1 squirrel on a stealthed auctioneer.

This felt so fucking good.

Start of turn

End of turn

Just the right amount of mana and such a huge board swing. I won next turn.

I love Reno Jackson as a card and I think Blizzard knocked it out of the park with him but I really wouldn't mind it if I never saw him in another Warlock deck ever again.

gutshot

I've been wondering why Crazed Alchemist didn't make it into Egg Druid. If you use him on an 0/2, he turns it into a 2/0 instantly killing it.

Because the goal is to use the egg to trade into an enemy minion, killing it and getting you a 4/4 in return. The Crazed Alchemist doesn't help achieve that. It just upgrades your token without helping clear your opponents board in the process.

ZealousD

Bash
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Pit Lord

Bit of a shame I probably won't find a use for Pit Lord, since he actually looks pretty good. Bash and Sorcerer's Apprentice is nice, though. That's actually my second golden one so now I have 22 gold cards in my tempo mage deck.

mxgt

Banned
Renolock can be disgusting, but I don't think it's anywhere as annoying or cancerous as Secret Paladin, Aggro Shaman, etc.

Maybe I'm biased.

Sande

Just went 2-3 in arena against some ridiculous decks. Got 40 dust as a reward though so I'm not complaining. Getting essentially 200 gold out of a 2 win arena feels a bit silly.

Renolock can be disgusting, but I don't think it's anywhere as annoying or cancerous as Secret Paladin, Aggro Shaman, etc.

Maybe I'm biased.

Yeah, I mean it's not like it's a broken deck or anything and it's horribly susceptible to combo decks. It's still incredibly strong though, but I think that's a byproduct of Warlock's cards becoming so crazy efficient along with their hero power. Warlock has somehow ended up with some of the best removal in the game now, plus their minions typically trade super efficiently. Just a tough deck to deal with all around.

ZealousD

Renolock is a perfectly fair deck. I appreciate that it exists. It's not too fast and it's not too slow, and it has its counters. Sometimes it has issues really grabbing the board in any meaningful way which also means that its healing capability can sometimes fall a bit flat, especially against decks that don't run out of gas as quickly.

Dahbomb

The only thing strong about Renolock is Jaraxxus. It's a single card that makes it very hard for control decks to beat Lock.

Otherwise Renolock loses to the same shit other control decks lose to. Combo Druid and Paladins running Divine Favor/Equality.

Pooya

I have had very good results against secret paladin with renolock, that one divine that they might run doesn't even matter. Renolock is more mid range compared with handlock, I've realized secret paladin has a hard time dealing with a 5 drop 4/7 or twilight drake even, you can clear their board 3-4 times over, MCT usually is live here and tank them into late game where they can't deal with. Midrange paladin is different but that's become relatively unpopular again, haven't seen one in some time. I actually won them too. With all the control priests you don't want to play midrange paladin.

Druid is the worst match up but it's doable still, you just need more taunts and use them better. Lists with senjin are better here. What might surprise you actually is freeze mage, that's not a great match up either exactly as renolock is pretty slow. You can get forced into playing reno before alex, it's hard game for freeze mage too but I think they're favored a little if they know what they're doing. Fortunately most freeze mage players on ladder are really really bad.

Overall is a great deck to climb with as lower ranked players can't really plan for it, it's a complex deck to play against like freeze mage I guess. Druid is still a better climber overall, I've been doing really well against paladin with that too actually. I wouldn't play paladin because I don't want to play mirror matches all the time and hate it actually.
I don't think either deck has a really really bad match up, even zoo or tempo mage aren't THAT bad for druid. Patron is really awful for druid but that's still rare. You want a bad match up, try playing patron against priest or control warrior, you want to choke yourself. that's BAD. With druid or renolock you always have solid chance at winning anything really.

inky

Did the brawl with Hunter. Awful pack, not feeling like playing HS (maybe only for like rank 15 month rewards)... I'm officially on break.

Owzers

I felt like a cat staring down a mouse once i knew he was freeze and not tempo, kept Kezan in my hand from the start. This was after a flamestrike, then he played a healbot and a second ice barrier, i played molten, he froze and i silenced his second doomsayer. Knocked out his barrier with a molten, then stole his life. Didn't even remember if freeze mage plays BGH or not.

The only thing strong about Renolock is Jaraxxus. It's a single card that makes it very hard for control decks to beat Lock.

Otherwise Renolock loses to the same shit other control decks lose to. Combo Druid and Paladins running Divine Favor/Equality.

Is Jax so strong because it's another heal or because of the laying out the hero power? Why do you think it's so powerful?

Dahbomb

Is Jax so strong because it's another heal or because of the laying out the hero power? Why do you think it's so powerful?
Most control decks don't have a burst finisher so the 15 HP of Jaraxxus is still fairly healthy. Control decks are based around out valuing the other guy's deck by controlling all of his cards... well control decks don't have an answer for 6/6s being spawned every turn. If they can't finish the game quickly then they almost always lose. So Handlock first gains card advantage, plays enough big threats to keep them busy and clear their threats with removals/AOEs... then plays Jaraxxus when it's safe to clinch the game.

Against Aggro/Midrange, Jaraxxus ends up being a heal more often than not if you even get that far.

ViviOggi

Control decks have limited answers for big threats and Renolock runs about as many of those as full control lists while having a better curve and more dynamic answers themselves. When you're not ahead/setting up lethal and a 6/6 is coming down for 2 mana every turn you're just screwed (unless you're that fucking rank 17 Priest with Holy Fire and motherfucking Mindblast I ran into today).

The heal is largely irrelevant nowadays against anything that isn't full control as in the lategame you're either facing disgusting, unclearable boards leaving you no time to even play the Lord, or when you do you're gonna get combo'd down a turn later. 15 life dude, what's that nowadays? Druid combo, Shaman hyperburn, War Axe into Grom+Task, Freeze Mage... It's only really a thing against stuff like Face Hunter or in very drawn-out matches vs Rogue.

as priest, like dahbomb said, you don't have anything to go through 6/6 every turn especially if you've used lightbombs. Also having a 3/8 weapon is pretty good as well. At the point in the game where jaraxxus is played, the opponent probably has nothing really left to counter it in a control style, so really some kind of burst or established board control is the only way to get through

Pooya

Battlecry shaman is a lot of fun but Rumbling elemental I feel could have been better. I feel they could have made it 3/5 instead. 2/6 is just awful, yeah more health harder to kill but 2 attack is just awful for a 4 drop, I would have preferred 3/5 like Fel Cannon is. 2 attack makes it unplayable against priest too.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
"Might as well do the Brawl for a free pack"

5cEb.png

Is there even any decks that still play Deathwing? Maybe a Dragon Warrior or Priest for Fatigue. I know I didn't see any last season in Ranked, it was only a few brawls he popped up in.

I got nothing good from my Ranked Reward or my Brawl pack this week. I now have 2 Golden Cobra Shots though, those are surely going to be meta soon, right?

Honestly I don't know what Blizard is thinking with all these "shot" cards. They keep making them, and they are never good.

bjaelke

TidesofTime is rank 2 legend, and he was just matched against a rank 13 player. Not level 13 legend, plain ol level 13

The rank 13 player is/was most likely on a solid winstreak and with the ladder reset it is not impossible for him to get matches against someone high up the ranks.

Kalavaras

Banned
God fucking damnit I need to play more druid. Got so excited of an awesome combo in my hand I went full retard with innervate innervate FoN SR SR and didnt even realise youre not supposed to innervate first. Opponent had lethal on board of course. Fuck.

Top Bottom