• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Pooya

Thijs is playing on three servers simultaneously with oil rogue. How you login into three instances of the game? The game boots you out. Doesn't look like it's three different accounts.

Danj

I was just thinking it's been months since I've even seen a legendary card in a pack, won this week's brawl and got this:

9vqpLae.jpg

Keep or dust?

Dre

Cairne is ok-ish. He doesn't see much play besides in Raptor/Control Rogue decks and some odd Reno decks like Renopaladin or Renomage.

I'd still keep him, unless you're desperate for 400 dust and want to craft a Legendary ASAP.

Pooya

I was just thinking it's been months since I've even seen a legendary card in a pack, won this week's brawl and got this:

Keep or dust?

I wouldn't dust playable legendary cards. 400 dust really isn't much, you get it from 10 awful packs you will open with the help of brawls/quests anyway. What will you do with that dust? That's the question.

Cairne is a fine card and it's a cool one too. I liked him in warcraft III so yeah it's valuable to me at least for fun factor, but he's also perfectly playable. if you don't care about that and just want something quickly for your current decks maybe but I feel it's going to be regrettable. Hell, I'm even keeping my last Lorewalker in the hope that the game shows mercy and not give me yet another one. I actually played it in winter's veil brawl, it was fun. I don't think any legendary is worth dusting now, 1600-> 400 is a very bad turn over, I only dust really really bad epics if I need dust and there are a lot of those in TGT for example. 400-> 100 is kinda better, I won't feel bad about that in case I want it someday.

tl:dr, don't dust if you care about your collection.

Haunted

Looking at the thumbnails of Brian Kibler Gaming's Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler's Youtube channel makes me want to watch him less. Looks like he's gone full reaction shot Youtuber.

Raxus

I wish Blizzard would get the fuck on the ball and nerf Paladin already.

I'm tired of the 6 month buffer between nerfs.

About on par with most card games. The big difference is Blizz has been really shitty about how they 'ban' cards now and their new sets are starting to amplify problems (see secrets and deck filtering) instead of leveling the playing field.

Danj

tl:dr, don't dust if you care about your collection.

Okay, I guess I'll keep it then, thanks.

Sylvanas and Antonidas seem to be the two legendaries that I could really do with right now. I have Dr. Boom, and I have the ones from Naxx, BRM and Explorers, but that's about it.

Vex_

Banned
About on par with most card games. The big difference is Blizz has been really shitty about how they 'ban' cards now and their new sets are starting to amplify problems (see secrets and deck filtering) instead of leveling the playing field.

I just always assume this game will never be truly balanced.

What I do when I see something OP:

I pull my pants down
turn around, making sure my ass is facing my monitor
bend over while spreading**
and take the OPness up my anus (in this case, it is paladin)

I'm actually getting used to it now. I'm quite conditioned.

**(Optional) Prep with lube

Looking at the thumbnails of Brian Kibler Gaming's Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler's Youtube channel makes me want to watch him less. Looks like he's gone full reaction shot Youtuber.
They're still fun to watch. I do agree though, it kind of feels like he just recently discovered a video editor or something sometimes.

Pooya

They could change to put secrets to your hand. Sometimes Secret paly doesn't get MC and they just play secrets combined with secret keeper, minibot, shredder and others, they still can be really good and hard to deal with. They're bad if you're just drawing them instead of minion, so having a card that just draws your secrets is still reasonable and playable imo, it probably should cost less than 6 and lowered stats to make it really good but if they keep the soul of the card it's still playable.

The other approach is to severely nerf its stats, something like 5/3 or similar is reasonable with current text. It needs to have way less health so that you don't want to play it without board at all. Right now it's still really threatening alone if you can't kill it, you get hit in face for 10 if you attack, or you can pass your turn maybe playing something that is going to reduced to 1 health anyway and get hit for 7...

Looking at all the post launch nerfs, Blizzard will just remove the card, there won't be a soft nerf. It's just a matter of time now, I'm sure they've seen enough stats by now...

JohnCYQ

Been having a lot of fun (and success) with Hobgoblin warlock.

I choose to go with 1 Argus and Enhance-O since I would often times have several minions on the board, can re-populate the board at least 1-2 more times even after board clears via hobgoblin combos, and Enhance-O can sometimes provide lethal via windfury, or board stickiness via divine shields, taunts too if attempting to survive vs aggro decks.

Tinyfin is great even outside the Hobgolin synergy, as it can help enable Gormok and make the Sea Giants cheaper as well.

I like Brann here since there are several targets to use him with. Abusive for a 4atk buff (either to trade up or to enable BGH), double discovery value with Peddler, 1 mana 9/9 seeker, Argus/Enhance-O or even Gormok for a 8-damage battlecry.

I will admit that the early game can be pretty bad for this deck when you consider the lack of flame imps and juggler. Could be improved by swapping out R.Seeker, Brann and maybe x1 Tinyfin for 1x flame imp and 2x juggler,

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I wish Blizzard would get the fuck on the ball and nerf Paladin already.

I'm tired of the 6 month buffer between nerfs.

Saying "nerf Paladin" is one of the most unhelpful and short-sighted things you can say.

If you think a card needs to be nerfed then say which card needs to be nerfed.

But don't just make an incredibly broad statement like that, because all it does is just illustrate that you really don't know or aren't sure what actually needs to be changed.

It's like when people were saying "nerf Hunter" some time ago when Face Hunter was actually dominant. Nobody could say which card actually needed to be nerfed.

As far as I'm concerned, the only OP card for Paladins right now is Mysterious Challenger. Nerf that card, for sure. But nothing else really needs to be changed.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Saying "nerf Paladin" is one of the most unhelpful and short-sighted things you can say.

But don't just make an incredibly broad statement like that, because all it does is just illustrate that you really don't know or aren't sure what actually needs to be changed.

It's like when people were saying "nerf Hunter" some time ago when Face Hunter was actually dominant. Nobody could say which card actually needed to be nerfed.

As far as I'm concerned, the only OP card for Paladins right now is Mysterious Challenger. Nerf that card, for sure. But nothing else really needs to be changed.

MC is OP for sure, no question there, shoulda have been a 4/4 or 7 mana. However paladin does feel somewhat stronger compared to other classes because most of the time they will they have the better trades since they can vomit stuff onto the board every turn and they can refill their hand easily with divine favor, secret paladin just took this into the next level and it just feels unfair,when they curve every turn perfectly.

Okay, sure. Minibot is too strong. Muster is too strong.

Of course, can't change Minibot without killing it. Muster should be 4 mana.

Either way, it's not just Paladin cards. It's Knife Juggler. It's Piloted Shredder. It's Dr. Boom.

Tarazet

They could change to put secrets to your hand. Sometimes Secret paly doesn't get MC and they just play secrets combined with secret keeper, minibot, shredder and others, they still can be really good and hard to deal with. They're bad if you're just drawing them instead of minion, so having a card that just draws your secrets is still reasonable and playable imo, it probably should cost less than 6 and lowered stats to make it really good but if they keep the soul of the card it's still playable.

The other approach is to severely nerf its stats, something like 5/3 or similar is reasonable with current text. It needs to have way less health so that you don't want to play it without board at all. Right now it's still really threatening alone if you can't kill it, you get hit in face for 10 if you attack, or you can pass your turn maybe playing something that is going to reduced to 1 health anyway and get hit for 7...

Looking at all the post launch nerfs, Blizzard will just remove the card, there won't be a soft nerf. It's just a matter of time now, I'm sure they've seen enough stats by now...

You could probably make MC a spell with no body and it would still be a swing worth 6 mana, because it puts so many cards into play at once. Making him also a threat by himself with a 6/6 body is so out of whack that it should have been nerfed within a week.

Trying out renolock to climb the ladder now. Not having a lot of success due to the extreme amount of aggro out there. Guess I'm back to anti-aggro control priest for now.

Dahbomb

The strongest Paladin cards at the moment are:

Mysterious Challenger : Needs a nerf no ifs and buts about it.
Divine Favor : A big problem card in general. Just increase cost by one.
Any fin Can Happen : Just a stupid OTK enabler. Not really sure how they can change this one.
Muster for Battle : I don't think it should be 4 mana because Paladin has way too many 4 mana cards as it is. On paper the card is stated properly but when you factor in versatility and synergies it's just too strong. Maybe lower the token count to two. 2 mana worth of stats on board plus a 1 mana weapon = 3 mana.

You can't really change Minibot without removing it from play so I didn't include it.

Honestly speaking only MC will ever get nerfed among these cards. And if Secret Paladin becomes unplayable Paladins will just go back to playing standard Aggro, Midrange and Combo.

ZealousD

Okay, sure. Minibot is too strong. Muster is too strong.

Of course, can't change Minibot without killing it. Muster should be 4 mana.

Making Muster 4 mana would similarly kill it. It's 2 mana worth of tokens plus a 1 mana weapon. Putting them on a single card increases the value somewhat but not to 4 mana.

About the only thing that could be done to Muster is to knock a charge off the weapon.

Just have Muster give Paladins a Cursed Blade instead!

The biggest thing with Mysterious Challenger is that there's no drawback. Even with no secrets it's a 6/6 for 6 mana. It only has upside. Other class cards are a 6/6 but they hardly have as much strength.

sibarraz

Banned
Lid9df1.png

I finally managed to kill jaraxxus while playing with priest

It was important to steal his reno jackson and play harrison against his weapon even though it will lead me to a fatigue war

JohnCYQ

Any fin Can Happen : Just a stupid OTK enabler. Not really sure how they can change this one.
Muster for Battle : I don't think it should be 4 mana because Paladin has way too many 4 mana cards as it is. On paper the card is stated properly but when you factor in versatility and synergies it's just too strong. Maybe lower the token count to two. 2 mana worth of stats on board plus a 1 mana weapon = 3 mana.

You can't really change Minibot without removing it from play so I didn't include it.

Honestly speaking only MC will ever get nerfed among these cards. And if Secret Paladin becomes unplayable Paladins will just go back to playing standard Aggro, Midrange and Combo.

I don't think Anyfin is quite good enough to be considered problematic. I mean as long as they do not add in more charge/buff murlocs into the game, Anyfin will be fine. I mean it is a 10 mana card that does one specific thing afterall.

The card can also get weaker if more murlocs with good stand-alone effects gets added as well, kinda like what happened with Finley, and Coldlights in mill decks.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If the problem is the granularity of Minibot why not swap them.

Shielded Minibot
Divine Shield
3/3

Muster for Battle
Summon 2 1/1 Silver Hand Recruits. Equip a 1/3 Weapon.

IceMarker

You know I was thinking about the practicality of the "destroy your opponent's weapon" battlecry effect on Acidic Swamp Ooze and Harrison Jones triggering twice with Brann Bronzebeard. What if Blizzard printed a weapon that had "Deathrattle: Equip a */* weapon."?

Cat Party

Anyfin shouldn't be able to summon multiple copies of the same minion.

Dre

You know I was thinking about the practicality of the "destroy your opponent's weapon" battlecry effect on Acidic Swamp Ooze and Harrison Jones triggering twice with Brann Bronzebeard. What if Blizzard printed a weapon that had "Deathrattle: Equip a */* weapon."?

Perfect opportunity for Blizzard to finally buff the Paladin class.

Ashbringer
Deathrattle: summon a 7/1 Corrupted Ashbringer

j/k

ZealousD

Shielded Minibot
Divine Shield
3/3

Muster for Battle

That version of Shielded Minibot is even stronger, jeez.

Pooya

200px-Silvermoon_Guardian%28634%29.png

This guy exists. I guess if Fierce Monkey is ok then a 3 mana copy
of this with mech tag is too.

minibot gotta be 2/1. it would still be really good and it makes sense next to similar minions.

Tagyhag

Get my opponent down to 3 HP in Arena and he topdecks 2 ironbark protectors and 1 volcanic lumberer in a row. What a shitty feeling that is.

Dahbomb

Shielded Minibot
Divine Shield
3/3

Muster for Battle
Not sure if troll because both of those versions are better than the last ones.... especially that new Muster wtf.

sibarraz

Banned
I think that making mysterious challenger an 7/8 mana card could be a fair nerf.

In that range almost all the classes had a way to make a complete clear of the board

The template for what MC should be is already out there in The Mistcaller and Wilfred Fizzlebang, MC should be a 4/4 at best. How all three of those cards were released at the same time I will never understand. Hell, as class legendaries, I would prefer if Mistcaller and Fizzlebang had better stats than MC

Hycran

Banned
MC is actually one of the easier cards to fix. Keep everything the same about it but limit it to only drawing 3 secrets at a time. The problem with secrets paladin right now is that there is nothing secret at all about what's going on. It's always the same 4 or 5 secrets and players know how to play around it. If you made it 3, there might actually be some mystery as to what is happening and players could tech out cards like get down knowing players will pay sub optimally based on the assumption of the card being there.

Ladekabel

I don't think limiting the secret count would do anything. Secret Paladins would only run three (with Avenge and Noble Sacrifce as a given) and find other, efficent ways to fill in the gaps in the deck. Even now I face Secret Pallys who don't run the full tree.

Owzers

MC is actually one of the easier cards to fix. Keep everything the same about it but limit it to only drawing 3 secrets at a time. The problem with secrets paladin right now is that there is nothing secret at all about what's going on. It's always the same 4 or 5 secrets and players know how to play around it. If you made it 3, there might actually be some mystery as to what is happening and players could tech out cards like get down knowing players will pay sub optimally based on the assumption of the card being there.

I like my solution better: add more secrets the next expansion. That way nothing has to change but make the game harder for people trying to guess.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I think MC should be ether converted to a legendary, or made the first mythical card that has a "1 of" restriction. The effect is fine if you could only have one copy in your deck.

Top Bottom