• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

EUA

hi fellas i'm somewhat new to hearhstone. currently i wanna go with renomage and spend my 1600 mana to create a few epics i think are crucial for this deck. or i can craft antonidas which is the only card i don't have to build a tempo mage deck. i also have all the add-ons and was lucky enough to open boom sylvanas and alexstrasza.

What should i do? i wanna go with reno because even playing incomplete deck was awesome but maybe tempo will be a better choice?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
hi fellas i'm somewhat new to hearhstone. currently i wanna go with renomage and spend my 1600 mana to create a few epics i think are crucial for this deck. or i can craft antonidas which is the only card i don't have to build a tempo mage deck. i also have all the add-ons and was lucky enough to open boom sylvanas and alexstrasza.

What should i do? i wanna go with reno because even playing incomplete deck was awesome but maybe tempo will be a better choice?

Renomage is a pretty weak deck imo. Tempo Mage is stronger and Antonidas will also help open up Freeze Mage for you as well.

ViviOggi

what makes it weak? it can potentially go all the way up to legend right?
Any reasonably competent deck can get to legend if piloted well since all you need is a winrate higher than 50%. I've seen Reno Mage maybe once or twice on ladder and played by Savjz, and I don't think it's been too successful for him - but streamers got time. From what I've seen I don't think the deck is consistent enough to warrant its long-ass matches, especially if you're looking to climb. Tbh the only worthwhile Reno deck is Renolock.

EUA

Any reasonably competent deck can get to legend if piloted well since all you need is a winrate higher than 50%. I've seen Reno Mage maybe once or twice on ladder and played by Savjz, and I don't think it's been too successful for him - but streamers got time. From what I've seen I don't think the deck is consistent enough to warrant its long-ass matches, especially if you're looking to climb. Tbh the only worthwhile Reno deck is Renolock.

i think kibler actually plays or played renomage.

but two people telling me it's a weak deck is not a good sign.

sigh, i really enjoy playing it leisurely even against aggro decks. it also leaves some room for creativity when tempo mage deck is pretty concrete.

but i think i will craft antonidas. thanks guys :)

i think kibler actually plays or played renomage.

but two people telling me it's a weak deck is not a good sign.

sigh, i really enjoy playing it leisurely even against aggro decks. it also leaves some room for creativity when tempo mage deck is pretty concrete.

but i think i will craft antonidas. thanks guys :)

like vivi said you get high rank with any deck, so you can do it w/ renomage if you want, but I think kibler said it might be too slow in this meta.

Took 6months as f2p but finally got my first 12 in arena :D I was 7-2 to begin with.

ufC0D45.jpg

Dark Peddler is such a good card in arena, didn't really mean to end up with 4 of them, but they were crucial. Last match when 11-2 vs paladin I discovered an MCT and then hit a 25% chance to get his murloc knight, which then got another murloc knight, he then gave up with 20 health left.

245gold classic pack and 2 golden cards for my trouble... lol

EUA

like vivi said you get high rank with any deck, so you can do it w/ renomage if you want, but I think kibler said it might be too slow in this meta.

nah, i'm really looking for an "easier" way to climb and tempo is a time-proved deck so i will go with that considering the alternatives i have.

Raxus

nah, i'm really looking for an "easier" way to climb and tempo is a time-proved deck so i will go with that considering the alternatives i have.

Easy and quick? Probably aggro shaman is the way to go. Cheap to make and you can just zip from match to match.

Pooya

All the control warriors just jump on ladder as soon as I q in my oil rogue. goddamn. I thought cw was dead in the meta. die already.

Now seriously, what do these jokers think playing control warrior from rank 14, it's like the slowest possible deck to climb and loses to whole bunch of decks. but I guess they get to troll me. Still won this last one but barely, after 20 minutes. /residentsleeper.

that deathwing/tournament medic deck is just impossible to beat with rogue.

Dahbomb

All the control warriors just jump on ladder as soon as I q in my oil rogue. goddamn. I thought cw was dead in the meta. die already.
It's the cyclical ladder meta.

Start of ladder people go back to playing their favorite decks.

End of ladder people go for the cheap stuff (aka the Secret Paladins and Druids) to grind those last bit of ranks.

Start of ladder is also the time where people come up with some new flavor of the month deck that does some damage early on.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

It's too random.

Mage doesn't have Lock card draw. So you are SOL if you don't draw Reno.

Honestly right now I'd advise playing something else class wise. Too hard for Mage to really win consistently.

ViviOggi

I'm not understand what I'm seeing.
I actually ran into that shit with some cancerous deck, I think it was Secredin. Was 1 damage off lethal three turns in a row but the heart of the cards wasn't with me. Hyper armor spam and Geddon topdick after Deathwing were too much.

Think about it though. He had early Justicar, all of the armor gains and I didn't even have on-curve MC or Boom. Tirion was in my bottom 3 cards. This deck is as full retard anti-aggro as you can go and went to fucking fatigue vs Secredin. Had his aldored Geddon not survived my bots he would have died miserably to my hero power. This is how far we've come.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Yeah with Reno Mage you're just playing a bunch of random value cards and hope you draw into Reno to make it all worth it. Renolock is going to get you more consistency because of the better early game minions and hero power.

Curator into sky golem into animated armor vs. aggro shaman. Hilarious.

This shaman looks like he lost a long time ago if you were somehow able to play Justicar and Sky Golem by Turn 7.

Owzers

I had the game people hate, no good answers for temp mage spelling me to death with flamewalkers outside of.....implosion hitting for 4 and then a boombot hitting the second flamewalker later for 4 as well after they flameball my Dr.

IceMarker

I feel like we could make a MadLib out of this

Ladder is filled with too many ___(Class)___ who run ___(Card)___, ____(Card)____, and ___(Card)___. Games are over at ____(Turn Number)____, so I see the same cards every game. Of course I have to lose to them.

Dahbomb

If the answer isn't Paladin + Minibot + Muster for Battle + Mysterious Challenger + Dr Boom then I would like to know what game you are playing.

Last night played midrange pally went like 8-4.

Switch to Secret for a few game and just went on like a 10-2 run.

Yeeeeeeeeeeep why do i just not join the dark side for good.

If you enjoy it, just craft and play renomage. Winning ranked matches is meaningless, so might as well have fun.

Owzers

double shrinkmeister cabal combo to take my 6/7 blessing'd secret keeper? Losing, lots of losing.

edit: pulled a doomhammer, so close to being a shaman and being annoying. More annoying. I'm still kinda bad at this game, playing a warrior against renolock, i still don't know exactly when to do stuff, for instance, keep track of ways a warrior can remove stuff. Pretty sure he played both brawls and executes, didn't want to use Rafam's 10/10 to a minion buff until i had close to lethal, delayed the game longer than needed to go around BGH.

lol i'm so bad, i missed lethal because i hit someone else with my boombot trying to maintain board control and the mage turned out to be reno. They had 1 health....:/ Still won, but me being bad is a thing.

Tubie

First time I play in over a month and the Brawl pack gives me a legendary lol.

It was just Gruul, but the dust is nice I guess.

Haunted

I feel like we could make a MadLib out of this

Ladder is filled with too many ___(Class)___ who run ___(Card)___, ____(Card)____, and ___(Card)___. Games are over at ____(Turn Number)____, so I see the same cards every game. Of course I have to lose to them.
Reads like a twitch chat copy/paste joke. :lol

My only guess at the Tournament Medic is for hyper aggro or maybe even really late game against another control deck. With Justicar it's a six health heal before you cap at 30.

Not sure why you wouldn't just use Healbot instead of Tournament Medic.

It is for Paladins.

You can use the 1/8 body to trigger secrets/shields etc. it can also be used with execute and will probably stay on the board.

It is also hilarious to play, because your opponent will highlight it to see what it is, every single time.

Dahbomb

It is for Paladins.

You can use the 1/8 body to trigger secrets/shields etc. it can also be used with execute and will probably stay on the board.

It is also hilarious to play, because your opponent will highlight it to see what it is, every single time.
Hmm, not that bad I guess. Can also be used to clear those 1/1s that Warrior struggles against.

Tarazet

Hmm, not that bad I guess. Can also be used to clear those 1/1s that Warrior struggles against.

Death's Bite. I'm always impressed with how people don't play around the deathrattle. It's almost like Swipe.. you get what you want from the mulligan, the curve looks perfect, but it's actually playing directly into the opponent's capabilities. But DB has the downside of being broadcast ahead of time, and people still don't know how to play around it. Beat a golden Priest by shutting down an excellent turn 5 with a DB deathrattle.

Vex_

Banned
Death's Bite. I'm always impressed with how people don't play around the deathrattle. It's almost like Swipe.. you get what you want from the mulligan, the curve looks perfect, but it's actually playing directly into the opponent's capabilities. But DB has the downside of being broadcast ahead of time, and people still don't know how to play around it. Beat a golden Priest by shutting down an excellent turn 5 with a DB deathrattle.

How does one play AROUND deaths bite?

Pooya

I'm trolling people with black knight in my renolock today, it's so fun how people just hover over it. I'm guessing most of the newer players that started this year don't know this card exists. lmao.

I think it's ok in the meta, I put it in because of druids but it's easy way to deal with Tirion or coghammer or whatever and every other deck probably has a belcher, prefer it over Sylvanas actually. I haven't seen much value in that these days. It's generally good in mirror or against priest too. Since I'm running combo, I needed a way to deal with taunts quickly to set it up. I was running spellbreaker and owl before, now running this in place of spellbreaker to see how it works.

bjaelke

It's not the first DB that kills you, it's the second. Patron meta taught me that.

Top Bottom