• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

squidyj

I'm playing a silly shaman deck with 2x ancestral spirit and 1x reincarnate.
Nobody expects the ancestral spirit lol.

Dre

I just use the deck tracker plugin.

That plugin is buggy though, the golden card detection is wrong most of the time and the GUI is super ugly.
The Innkeeper from Hearthpwn is way better in that regard, it even shows you how much dust you need to craft a deck.

That plugin is buggy though, the golden card detection is wrong most of the time and the GUI is super ugly.
The Innkeeper from Hearthpwn is way better in that regard, it even shows you how much dust you need to craft a deck.

you can see how much dust is needed for decks you get off of hearthpwn or w/e in hdt. But im fine w/ the gui. Didnt know it messes up the golden card count, but I havent really checked

Kelthuzad, I've worked him into paladin many times successfully.

Si7 agent, just an intelligently designed and well balanced card that has a situational strength that pays off by smart plays.

Blade flurry, since the beginning I saw the strength in this card Hard to believe but at one point decks weren't running this card. I remember using it in the early days to beat handlock. And imagine that, it is still great versus handlock.

Van cleef, no surprise... another rogue card. But partially because it was my first legendary I cared about getting. And because he is huge for 3 mana.

I like a lot of cards but only a few really stand out to be put on a list for me.

I just used reincarnate to clear +6+6 off of a secretkeeper, is this real life?

You might wanna report a bug since reincarnate somehow found its way into your deck
laugh.gif

Dre

you can see how much dust is needed for decks you get off of hearthpwn or w/e in hdt. But im fine w/ the gui. Didnt know it messes up the golden card count, but I havent really checked

It does? Nice.
I probably haven't noticed due to not liking the GUI at all.
I haven't checked with commons and rares but it definitely showed me golden legendaries and epics I don't have so I stopped using it, since it kinda ruins the main purpose of a collection tracker for me.

In the spirit of positivity and to reduce sodium levels... post your favorite/best designed cards in Hearthstone.

Don't know if I have any favorite cards, but I do like dragon synergy like Kibler. I also like brave archer but I havent put her in a deck yet.

Oh yea I am also a fan of cards like aldor, eadric, brawl, sylvanas, and enter the coliseum. Definitely very nice cards to fight for board control and really mess w/ the opponent

Dahbomb

I also like Molten Giants because they are one of the few actual comeback card in the game. Well that and Divine Favor.

bjaelke

How does creating new decks change the fact that you're seeing the same small set of decks over and over and over again on the ladder?

Being a popular streamer could play a part in it. I know I'd want to play a deck if it looks fun and somewhat competitive. Maybe other viewers will come to a similar conclusion and try out his latest creation instead of just spamming kappa, elegiggle and whatnot.

Pooya

I enjoy playing patron, it's good against the aggro decks but against priest and control warrior it's so hopeless now. Everytime I win against those is because they don't have the answer and that doesn't happen often. Handlock match up actually I feel is better than before, I haven't lost to a single one, they die to Grom plus extra reach of inner rage very often. I'm running Sylvanas now which helps against priest a lot but still not enough.

There is nothing to do to help against control warrior or armor warrior but maybe I'm not playing correctly against priest. I'm wondering if playing completely defensively is better here.

Dahbomb

I have beaten CW as the new Patron Warrior a couple of times.

It basically hinges on getting a very early 4 man Patron when they don't have a weapon equip. You basically want to do this as early as possible because that's the least likely time they have a Brawl. If they don't have a Brawl then your chances to win increase a lot because it's hard for them to remove all the Patrons.

It's still an awful match up though, most of the other minions get removed easily.

I am not sure what to do against Priests either. Stuff like Acolytes/Armorsmiths get stolen by Cabal late game. Frothings will die to deaths (or just about anything else because they are fragile). Auchenai + Circles and Lightbombs deal with Patrons. Their minions aren't small enough to get cleared by whirlwind effects especially if they are running double Deathlords and Blademasters. Only way to win is to put the pressure on early, get the Shredders up as that's the most resilient minion against Priests and try to finish the game quick with Grommash. Try best not to play into Lightbomb and save Loatheb for when you have a sizeable board.

squidyj

I just double ancestral spirited a haunted creeper before trading it in to give myself more stuff on board and the face hunter i'm playing against pops one of my two new creepers, plays hounds and goes all face (not for lethal of course, I wouldn't be dumb enough to set up lethal against myself). he never even stopped to wonder why I might have flooded my board, which is pretty much what I was counting on. one bloodlust later and that's the game.

Moonlight

Banned
Joust is really bad in terms of playability, but I think it's fun as a concept. Thought about messing around with a bit and came up with two ideas for it.

oxbeOzR.png

(this should be errata'd to be specific that there's always going to be a loser in the Joust)

X9VqWel.png

There's a lot of problems with that Hunter secret, but Joust presumably exists so you'll want to play bigger and costlier minions, and I like cards like King's Elekk which encourage precisely that in a class like Hunter. Thought it might be interesting to incorporate it into a secret.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Liandrin is on Shattered Sun Cleric. Maybe that could be a point of confusion?

Pooya

There is Khadgar too and I'm not sure who is Arch-Thief Rafaam? I don't think they are releasing a third portrait for mage yet, maybe next adventure has a legendary for each class.

ViviOggi

Freeze Mage doing work tbh

Playing that Illuminator version, Face Hunter was legit crying when I was at 28 health on turn 5 and his hand empty

Lumine

Haha what the fuck. How they can remain so obtuse is beyond me. People have been screaming for additional deck slots since beta. Just because your stats show that not every player fills all 9 constantly does not automatically mean they are fine with having less. In fact it probably means they're consistently deleting decks and building new ones. And just because a large number of players only plays the game occasionally does not mean it's ok to completely ignore adding such a basic and needed feature. Personally I'd love for them to up the number of deckslots to 100 or so. Giving us just a few slots at this point would be almost just as useless. Though still better than nothing I suppose.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Bored with the current game meta setup so I decided YOLO and created a Joust Pally. I am running 6 Joust cards in my deck for ultimate RNG fuckery.

Matches have been fun at least even if the mechanic is broken lol

If they ever do restricted formats then I think they'll add deck slots for each format. I don't think they will though, and they've stated that is something they want to avoid doing.

I would not be surprised to hear about more deck slots at blizcon though. I can definitely believe that the feature is not requested by the majority of players, since there are millions of them. But that doesn't mean they are not doing them.

In fact, the reddit post is misleading to make you believe they are definitely not coming. Here is the full post he failed to quote, the bold is the important part ignored:

You're not going to like this response, but in the spirit of transparency, a few items in your list are definitely not requested by the majority of Hearthstone players: deck slots(crazy, but true), ladder system, tournament format, tournament friendly mode, arena improvements, achievements, addressing inconsistency. This does not mean that we don't care about these items. In fact, we have mentioned many times that we are working on many of the items on your list, but we simply don't have any meaningful updates at this time. If you simply want us to acknowledge that we are still working on them, then here you go: We are still working on them.

"how many people use all 9 deck slots", lmao blizzard.
I dont really understand the hearthstone team, they just seem lazy and make up excuses to why they dont make their game better.

Pooya

They probably want to add deckslots but it's just that it's too complicated to do any time soon., probably because of battle.net (it sucks), UI design across several platforms (mobile version is already cramming too much in as it is).

I like to see how Blizzard manages to launch a FPS on battle.net, the feature set is so horrible. Voice chat is coming apparently, maybe we get appear offline feature too finally. See, it's not just a hearthstone team thing.

gutshot

They probably want to add deckslots but it's just that it's too complicated to do any time soon., probably because of battle.net (it sucks), UI design across several platforms (mobile version is already cramming too much in as it is).

I like to see how Blizzard manages to launch a FPS on battle.net, the feature set is so horrible. Voice chat is coming apparently, maybe we get appear offline feature too finally. See, it's not just a hearthstone team thing.

Voice chat is already in Overwatch, although hardly anyone uses it (thank god).

sibarraz

Banned
Yea,, on top of that they made some more changes like getting a card almost all of the time now instead of gold.

I'm a new arena player with a big card collection and overall I think that arena rewards are fine, must of the time I recover the investment and get my free pack, don't know what more people expect

Tacitus_

I fail to see how battle.net would impact more deck slots.
Visual design and unwrangling their spaghetti code is probably the issue. Though I wonder what's (visually) wrong with using the button that goes between basic and custom decks. They've already got the deck view switch designed and implemented.

I'm a new arena player with a big card collection and overall I think that arena rewards are fine, must of the time I recover the investment and get my free pack, don't know what more people expect

The arena rewards first didn't have the single card reward and instead gave additional gold or dust. Then they changed the reward pack from being the latest expansion to a random one.

Dahbomb

Some people don't have 9 slots taken up because they keep one slot free in case they have to make a new deck for a quest or something. I am personally like that.

sibarraz

Banned
Overall the negativity of the fanbase is making me enjoy less the game.

I know that there are lots of issues, but between the meta, the constant whining of the fanbase, pros implying that they don't enjoy the game and blizzard stuborness, it really makes you think on why even play the game.

I still had some fun with arena since is a quick way to gain more dust, and I want to play to get a better card collection to had more options in the future, I still had hope that this bad moment could be a turning point for blizzard to finally step it up and make the game fresh again

I'm still missing

-Anubarak
-Al An Akir
-Baron Geddon
-Bling o Tron
-Captain Greyskin
-Rhonin
-Varian Wrynn

ViviOggi

The arena rewards first didn't have the single card reward and instead gave additional gold or dust. Then they changed the reward pack from being the latest expansion to a random one.
Card reward always existed but yeah at a much lower rate. Nowadays you get a plain common almost every single time.

Xanathus

Some people don't have 9 slots taken up because they keep one slot free in case they have to make a new deck for a quest or something. I am personally like that.

The fact that they used that as a metric shows just how incompetent the Hearthstone team are.

Haunted

ayy

I think it's quite apparent to avid players (which clearly, many devs on the Hearthstone team are) that it's best to keep at least one free slot at all times for tech decks, experiments and general deck building. You don't want your slots to be completely full, just like you'd never want your HDD to be actually full.

If people have a 10GB HDD, they'd probably use 8. That doesn't mean that 10GB are sufficient. If they had 100GB, they'd probably use 95GB. I have 9 deck slots and I'm currently using 8. If I had 18 deck slots, I'd probably be using 16. Weird that they don't understand the argument.

I don't think they're that dense/incompetent, so the most likely explanation for me is that they're still trying to figure out how to monetise the eventual expansion of slots.

This meta has completely scared my friends away from the game :(

Bring back Grim Patron just allow bans in conquest so tournaments are still fun too watch.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm sure deck slots are actually not an issue for the 5 million people or whatever who log in a few times a weeks.

However, I think there is a lot of value in solving issues that are both simple and of large importance to their most dedicated audience instead of just constantly telling them that by raw numbers, most people are not needing a lot of deck slots.

Overall the negativity of the fanbase is making me enjoy less the game.

I know that there are lots of issues, but between the meta, the constant whining of the fanbase, pros implying that they don't enjoy the game and blizzard stuborness, it really makes you think on why even play the game.

The hearthstone community (especially reddit)... can be so very negative and outspoken.

I don't necessarily disagree with their issues though.

hort

Neo Member
So I had a weird interaction last night thats been bugging me:

Priest opponent plays injured blademaster, the blademaster hurts himself so its a 4/3

Priest plays power world shield on blademaster, blademaster is now 4/5

I use ironbeak owl to silence the blademaster. I think this should silence the PW:S and knock the blademaster back down to 4/3, but it stays at 4/5, effectively making the PW:S a 2 health heal.

Why doesn't the blademaster get knocked back down to a 4/3 in this situation? I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that it was injured when it got the sheild, so its max health went from 7 to 9 and its active health went from 3 to 5, and the silence only affected the max health, but shouldn't it affect its active health if 2 of that came from the shield?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Silence doesn't take off buffs from the max health. They're two separate variables

Max health gets + 2 from PW:S
Current health is 5

Silence takes away the +2 but its current health remains 5. Yes, it means all HP increasing abilities are also semi-heals.

hort

Neo Member
Silence doesn't take off buffs from the max health. They're two separate variables

Max health gets + 2 from PW:S
Current health is 5

Silence takes away the +2 but its current health remains 5. Yes, it means all HP increasing abilities are also semi-heals.

Yea, thats kind of what I figured was the case. Just seems kind of counter intuitive in that situation where the silence appears to do nothing on first glance.

At least I'll know not to do that again :p

Pooya

The brawl is pretty fun, it's interesting to see how existing cards like Millhouse. Arcane Golem or Lorewalker Cho are used here. It looks a bit hard at first, just know that seemingly your highest attack minion is assassinated every turn.

Xanathus

Just waiting for big names like Kripp and Trump to cut down on Hearthstone as well. It's a sinking ship, if you're a big time streamer you need to branch out to other games like people like Lirik and Sodapoppin.

Top Bottom