• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It would be a lot of work and Blizzard doesn't seem to be too fond of work.

Fishlake

Awesome brawl, I won my first try as a pally. I had great team work with my partner. I sent him a friend request.

I got Malygos as well from the pack!!!!!!!

Dre

I like this Brawl. Played 3 won 2. The paladin deck seems to have Leeroy and Icehowl as burst cards.

Line_HTX

Damn, I'm kind of excited on trying out this co-op brawl.

By the way, is it worth getting the Blizzcon 2015 cardback? Does it at least look better than last year's, if anyone has a picture?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What gets me about Hearth is the stuff like stat tracking is so much better in every other game they currently run. So it's not a Blizzard issue. It's a Hearth issue. Playing SCII or HotS and these games have stat tracking out the ass.

Idk it's not that Blizzard doesn't care. It's more that it just feels like Hearth has the B team.

Hate me if you disagree.

Won the first brawl I was in, had to "Lorewalker Cho" a couple of buffs to my co-op Priest partner so he could buff a minion to win. We'd have died the next turn.

Edge of the seat stuff. Not sure if I'll be doing it again so soon, though...

Sande

I had a buff paladin deck and I was paired up with a priest. That didn't seem like the best duo against that assassination spamming SOB, but we made it. I managed to get a nice 20 damage hit in with my Stalagg and we also buffed his Lightwarden to 34 attack.

This is a really good brawl. It's a bit sad that we didn't get to make our own decks, but I guess that would have been a little too crazy with both players running Millhouse and so on.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Won the first brawl I was in, had to "Lorewalker Cho" a couple of buffs to my co-op Priest partner so he could buff a minion to win. We'd have died the next turn.

Edge of the seat stuff. Not sure if I'll be doing it again so soon, though...

You weren't chifo by a any chance? because i just won a game like that and got my pack.

Interfectum

I haven't been in the HS scene for a few months, can someone summarize what's currently "wrong" with Hearthstone? Did the expansion fuck things up or something?

Dre

Damn, I'm kind of excited on trying out this co-op brawl.

By the way, is it worth getting the Blizzcon 2015 cardback? Does it at least look better than last year's, if anyone has a picture?

It's actually really nice IMHO.

635784527837125175.png

Sande

This is the point where they (should) make all brawls available to play with friends at all times. This one is too good to play on a couple of days every few months.

br3wnor

Pretty cool brawl, won my first shot so don't think I'll play it again but definitely an improvement over the past few months.

Maybe I just played brawl with a bot? Probably not. But he freaking took so long every turn and roped out during mulligan and turn 1. And then it said me or my opponent did not qualify for gold.

Dahbomb

I am a little disappointed that the Brawl used pre made decks. I guess they could not figure out a way to make the Brawl work with BGH, silence and Black Knight LOL!

Fishlake

I am a little disappointed that the Brawl used pre made decks. I guess they could not figure out a way to make the Brawl work with BGH, silence and Black Knight LOL!

I think they just wanted to introduce the concept it is not hard to make an effect like immune to destroy/ transform.

I really like this and how they do let us use our own decks next time. I've got to get back to work now on my program.

Xanathus

I want to see someone pull the Thaddius dream in this Brawl.

Thaddius into double Blessed Champion.

The thing is that the AI will automatically use Assassinate on a minion that is considered "strong". It might be affected by what turn it is because it uses Assassinate on weak minions on early turns but it will definitely prioritize big threats on later turns. So the only way for Thaddius to get a hit in is if the AI used Assassinate on Feuggan/Stallag that survived the turn before which is in itself hard for the same reason.

Dahbomb

You can also waste it's turn by having Lore walker Cho on the board. It will specifically kill Cho on the board with a special card.

Auctopus

Mechazod is OP.

Also, no way are those bombs he throws RNG.

Edit: "Assassinate: Destroy the enemy with the highest attack power"

Now that everyone I get paired up seems to know what they're doing its too easy but those first three games or so were a blast.

Dragner

Idk I won my first 2 attempts buffing a shielded minibot at infinitum and my pal comboing with holy champion to do insane dmg...opp assesinate cho, lightwell, and lightwarden but my minibot and his holy champion were uncontested (I shielded it every turn).

Second one was won by Fjola Lightbane alone, so good.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So hearthstone doesn't make much money?

Hearthstone has made and will continue to make a ton of money. Discontent has been growing over the past 6 months. We have no knowledge of whether profits have taken a downturn during that time or not. That was my original point.

Regardless, I suspect profits are still good. But this game's dedicated community does not and should not really care what its profits are. This game makes most of its profit from the millions of casuals who put occasional money into it. I don't think anyone here is particularly invested in Blizzard pursuing that market.

First tavern brawl attempt...

Priest co-op partner power word shields mechazod on t1.

Conceded immediately and got my pack. Fuck that shit.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
See Kripparrian's video "How Fast is Too Fast?"

That video strikes me as by far being the best and most constructive analysis of the situation I've seen.

It explains the problem in detail, explains why recent card additions don't combat the problem, makes concrete suggestions for how to fix the issue, shows the issue in action, and doesn't take a screamy or ragey tone and thus avoids distracting from the issue.

Razakin

That feeling when you miss lethal on brawl when you don't remember that when millhouse is played, spells are free and you can play that bloody Icehowl and buff that instead with your full hand instead of Refreshment Vendor.

Kind of disappointed in the brawl. It could have been so much better.

All it is is essentially wading through bullshit RNG to pull off a bullshit combo. Hearthstone in a nutshell I guess lol.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems the feedback has woken Ben Brode on Twitter.

Deck Slots:

deckslotsqms3z.png

I'm not sure if he reads this thread, but apparently you can reach him on Reddit:

brode2n2s5e.png

Top Bottom