• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

ViviOggi

Ok let's get double MC teched out of 10 cards drawn both times getting the best possible roll, that's enough Hearthstone for today

make experimental beast hunter deck and experimental face hunter deck with camel and brave archer

lose like 6 games in a row with face deck while tweaking it, it morphs into standard face hunter, delete deck

try beast hunter deck, 1st game lose to face hunter

Mulgrok

That's a good one

Blizz is still giving players the chance to find the epic counter to Secredin, while everyone who has progressed past rank 20 understands that there's no counter to a perfect curve. Then we'll get some Weblord-/Exorcist-tier "tech cards" in the next expansion which will do nothing but annoy arena players. At that point Blizzard's next move depends on one thing: did Paladin get another beyond broken card or just four ridiculous ones? If it's the former they'll nerf MC as everyone is busy pumping money into packs trying to get the new Dr., otherwise it stays on the "watchlist" for another year like Boom while players can keep enjoying the fun and interactive Paladin deck building challenge. Brawl's open all year, come in and say hello.

you say this, but tempo mage rng can counter perfect curve or fail miserably :p

gutshot

It's similar to Lotheb. Battlecry at its base lets you know the effect only works the turn you play the card.

Edit: If echoing ooze doesn't work with Brann, I do feel that that it's a programming error. Rito pls.

It's because the Battlecry essentially "gives" the minion the text "Create an exact copy of this minion at the end of this turn". Brann triggering the Battlecry twice just means that it gets that text once and then it gets it again, overwriting the first time. The effects don't stack because it's the same effect.

Owzers

"i'm doing well, nothing can go wrong if i stay above 18 health here"

FoN with double savage. Sometimes i forget, even with one tick of Emperor, that people will have good hands because i always struggle even to get one combo set up if i don't keep it in hand during the mulligan.

Are druids supposed to keep combo pieces in their hand from the start and I've been playing druid wrong?

This was easily the top 5 best Tavern Brawl that Blizzard made. Even in its last day I am seeing more variety in Brawl than in Constructed. Just played a Spell Hunter with Lock n Load against my Renolock.

Was that me? I made a lock n load hunter in brawl last night and played a renolock. Never saw any other hunters except deathrattle ones.

Also, add me to the druid combo hate train.

EDIT: Oh yeah, some priest in not-arena played 4 Spawn of Shadows against me yesterday and I still haven't figured out how.

Dahbomb

Was that me? I made a lock n load hunter in brawl last night and played a renolock. Never saw any other hunters except deathrattle ones.

Also, add me to the druid combo hate train.

EDIT: Oh yeah, some priest in not-arena played 4 Spawn of Shadows against me yesterday and I still haven't figured out how.
If you played against a Freeze Mage that went to fatigue and you won by getting Gladiator Longbow twice from Lock n Load then yeah that was me.

Lyng

"i'm doing well, nothing can go wrong if i stay above 18 health here"

FoN with double savage. Sometimes i forget, even with one tick of Emperor, that people will have good hands because i always struggle even to get one combo set up if i don't keep it in hand during the mulligan.

Are druids supposed to keep combo pieces in their hand from the start and I've been playing druid wrong?

No if your playing midrange you should mulligan hard for ramp.

Up to rank 19, still trying to reach a rank in which people know not to just hit me in the face every single chance they get, I was trying to get my druid to level 10 by playing ranked with it and I was still winning.

I still have that free Arena run to play but for some reason I'm hesitant, I don't want to waste it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Up to rank 19, still trying to reach a rank in which people know not to just hit me in the face every single chance they get, I was trying to get my druid to level 10 by playing ranked with it and I was still winning.

I still have that free Arena run to play but for some reason I'm hesitant, I don't want to waste it.

It may be dull but I'd try to get classes to level 10 through the AI, since you're missing core cards before that point.

ViviOggi

You should emote "thanks".

Let him know you appreciate all his support.
First thing I did

You're close to the point where you'll start losing, but it will be to people still hitting face just with better stuff. It seems like you understand the basics well enough, tbh I'd start watching streamers like Kripp, Hafu or ADWCTA, read some arena guides and jump straight into that. You're gonna hit a wall in either mode, but in constructed you're boned without a better collection while arena will a) actually give you results from improving your play and b) help you expand your collection.

You don't become an infinite arena player overnight, so you'll still find yourself in constructed (or brawl) doing dailies which you'll hopefully enjoy at least a bit, but getting good at arena asap is really worth it. Constructed is in a terrible spot right now and I don't even want to think about playing it as a cardless newcomer.

Divine Favor is so fucking stupid.

It's a card that punishes your opponent from playing conservative and slow while rewarding you for vomiting minions onto the board and making dogshit plays because who fucking cares, you just drew 7 cards for 3 mana!

It's like a reverse Blue Shell, except the Blue Shell is only given to last place, not the BEST IN THE GAME.

Brofist

It's a card that punishes your opponent from playing conservative and slow while rewarding you for vomiting minions onto the board and making dogshit plays because who fucking cares, you just drew 7 cards for 3 mana!

It's like a reverse Blue Shell, except the Blue Shell is only given to last place, not the BEST IN THE GAME.

Divine Favor should definitely be reworked, broken as is

I'm not sure how they could even change Divine Favor.

Maybe something like, draw a card for every two cards in your opponent's hand?

I really have no idea. It definitely needs an adjustment though.

Owzers

disgusting loss to a Shaman, argh that curve.

Tunnel Trogg
Totem Golem
Ancestral Knowledge
Feral Spirit
Flametongue

Well, that was a fun 5 turns

Funny, I always felt the same way about decks that used Alexstrasa. I would always do good trades, keep a good board, only to be blasted for ~15 damage on turn 9. Granted, if you know a deck is going to play Alexstrasa, the actual good play is to use face to trade(if possible).

Dahbomb

4 mana

Draw cards for each enemy minion on the battlefield until your hand is full.
We actually need more cards like these in the game ie. more reward for more minions the opponent has. It could be like a comeback mechanic for slower/control decks but still not promote fatigue playstyle because you are drawing a bunch of cards.

Szadek

Fucking delete it that's how, how that card exists boggles the mind
Not really, for a very long time it wasn't even played at all.
Even now most Secret paladin deck play only 1 copy. The only other paladin deck that plays the card is aggro paladin, which is very dead right now.

Dahbomb

Not really, for a very long time it wasn't even played at all.
Even now most Secret paladin deck play only 1 copy. The only other paladin deck that plays the card is aggro paladin, which is very dead right now.
The card was played as far back as the first Blizzcon where guys like Kripp farmed all the slow decks with Divine Favor Aggro Paladins.

The reason Divine Favor wasn't used as much back then is because aggro wasn't as punishing back then. People were using stuff like SSC and DID for their 3 and 4 drops. When Paladin got Minibot and Muster, that's what allowed them to really play aggro.

jgminto

tTGvQxT.png
Yessssss! Time to bust out the Oil properly!

cannot be stated enough. fuck divine favor.

fucking paladins bending me over in games where I don't even play against them. Man tonight sucked

Tarazet

make experimental beast hunter deck and experimental face hunter deck with camel and brave archer

lose like 6 games in a row with face deck while tweaking it, it morphs into standard face hunter, delete deck

try beast hunter deck, 1st game lose to face hunter

Camel was born to run with Injured Kvaldir.

Owzers

I've been alternating between a Violet Teacher Druid and Renolock with Brann but no faceless/PO/arcane golem, got from rank 14 to 11 with some horrific matches and some easy Reno wins over warriors and priests ( sorry warriors and priests). I might switch back to Secret Paladin eventually and ride the curve god train as far as i can get.

There's always aggro shaman...

inky

Well, the Starving Buzzard nerf wasn't about making a balanced card, it was about sending a message.

The message was: we have no idea what to do with it.

The amount of cards Starving Buzzard allowed Hunter players to draw ultimately ended up being too excessive for its low cost. This change will allow the Hunter’s opponent more time to react to both the Starving Buzzard and the cards drawn by its power.

Now the Hunter's opponent has all the time he needs because the card is never played ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Brofist

Well, the Starving Buzzard nerf wasn't about making a balanced card, it was about sending a message.

The message was: we have no idea what to do with it.

Now the Hunter's opponent has all the time he needs because the card is never played ¯_(ツ)_/¯

All they really had to do was change the text on the card to keep Unleash from triggering it.

Just drafted a 6 fireball Mage deck in arena. Seems like it'll go terribly wrong somehow.

MMaRsu

Yesterday I played someone who did Grim Warrior and did a hp change to fireball lol. Pinged a few grims, threw on a frothing and a taunt that does 3 1dmg to all. Oh yeah and an armor smith..

That was pretty cool

accel

My first ever arena run after watching videos, etc (I am a new player, who've been a lurker for a long time, made a post several pages ago). 6-3. I guess I got lucky (and got a good class - picked a druid out of druid / warlock / priest).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Anyone else thinks Reno and Finley are an attempt to weaken aggro decks?
Do you think it worked?

I don't think it's necessarily meant to weaken instead of just being a new control tool(in reno anyway). I do think it hurt face hunter in particular a lot, though, as the deck taps out at a certain point and it can't make up for that swing.

Finley is a weirder case though he'll find his way into decks for awhile. For now I see him enable aggro more than anything else, most notably in aggro shaman but also sometimes in stuff like warrior to get something more proactive in finishing a match off.

FeD.nL

But you don't understand how that would be too complex for a new player to understand /BenBrode

But in all honesty some of the 'nerfs' have been outright bans and Blizzard should just be upfront with it instead of some spouting some bullshit excuse telling their customers that one more of their cards will be added to the useless pile.

Top Bottom