• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

It seems the feedback has woken Ben Brode on Twitter:
Well, one of Blizzard's core values is in fact listening to all feedback. Just know that listening does not mean always responding.

As well, I'm curious where the team is now numbers wise. 200 seems to be the latest reliable number but who knows how that is divided up.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, one of Blizzard's core values is in fact listening to all feedback. Just know that listening does not mean always responding.
That I'm well aware of. What I mean is that he's aware that some people are getting too antsy to wait for Blizzcon.

As well, I'm curious where the team is now numbers wise. 200 seems to be the latest reliable number but who knows how that is divided up.
IIRC the last number we got was 50, but that doesn't include all the other split off teams like Battle.net, eSports, central services, etc.

Ladekabel

Brawl is pretty cool but you need a partner who knows what he's doing. The first four I played with didn't attack Mechazod with a 30+ attack Guardian of Kings. The win with a partner who sees what you're planning and plays along felt satisfying.

And I made my dailies and only 1 Secret Paladin was among my opponents.

ricelord

12214103_923761077698458_1499898005_o.jpg

so yeah...this mage was living the dream.

he still lost.

Got a win in tavern brawl! Lol my partner lived with 1 hp.... lololol.

He had 9 hp and the minion that let you use hero power twice. I was just praying he heal to 13hp because boss had 12 attack. Lucky he did and he got smacked for 12 but i had lethal in my hand from board and ice howel.

Yeah this brawl is pretty fun. Kind of lame you don't get a pack from playing with a friend though since communication is kind of important and you just get a pack from conceding anyway

jgminto

The co-op Brawl was a lot of fun, probably my favourite one yet. Hope they do more co-op stuff in the future. I also got a Cenarius from the free pack so I think it's telling me to switch back from Aggro to Ramp Druid since I wasn't enjoying it.

Owzers

Coin Cho is a poor call to make.

your Cho shaming post reminded me not to squander him when i finally got cho playing paladin, saved up enough mana and spells to get value from him. It took me two games to not be awful, mainly not playing into barrel roll shenanigans by not attacking with low value minions until they got buffed.

It seems the feedback has woken Ben Brode on Twitter.

Deck Slots:

deckslotsqms3z.png

I'm not sure if he reads this thread, but apparently you can reach him on Reddit:

brode2n2s5e.png

That reddit post quoting the CM was just misleading. All he said was that the majority of players don't want new deck slots. He then said regardless they are still being worked on.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Oh I thought Anub'Arak was a Joust. Not as bad as I thought then but still terrible

You are probably thinking of The Skeleton Knight.

Aka the 6 mana Salty Dog that you have a 40% chance to draw another 6 mana Salty Dog from.

VoxPop

What's the most all around playable deck?

Currently running

Tempo Mage (just got golden Mage!)

Totem Shaman

Secret + Mid Range Paladin

Face Hunter

Mill Rogue

I have 3200 dust (including a Golden Malygos disenchant) to make a new deck.

Looking for something fun with a high win rate. Debating on Handlock or Control Fatigue Warrior. Any suggestions?

ZealousD

What's the most all around playable deck?

Currently running

Tempo Mage (just got golden Mage!)

Totem Shaman

Secret + Mid Range Paladin

Face Hunter

Mill Rogue

I have 3200 dust (including a Golden Malygos disenchant) to make a new deck.

Looking for something fun with a high win rate. Debating on Handlock or Control Fatigue Warrior. Any suggestions?

Druid. Aggro or Midrange, take your pick.

qWFzUpA.jpg

Needed to make something new to combat my frustration at the game (I tend to tilt more when getting bad luck with established decks), so I threw this together. Went 14-2 with it today up to Rank 6 before I had to go get some food.

That would have to be an exceptionally greedy list. Greedy enough that Bolvar would be a better card.

Why would bolvar be a better card? Bolvar would only be good if you're running a lot of small minions. Skeleton knight would be good if you're running a lot of early removal and mostly only bigger minions, like in control warrior. I'm not exactly sure what the list would look like but I can see minibot being the only minion below 4 mana... potentially. I guess aldor peacekeeper and BGH would have to be cut or included making it slightly worse.

Essentially SK would be just high attack, potentially high value minion - essentially a win condition in some match ups. And versus control, the deck that doesn't run out of threats usually wins. I think it is worth trying, but I'm not about to spend the dust on it atm as I am more interested in other legendary cards, and likely would rather wait for next expansion before spending dust on a card I probably won't use much. I learned my lesson from classic (mukla, captain greenskin, others) to not make legendary cards I am not going to get a lot of use out of. I have even got a lot of use out of gallywix though.

G.ZZZ

Currently playing a new age patron modified list that's so much fun, playing nerubian eggs, double shredder and double brawl.

2 Inner Rage
2 Whirlwind
2 Execute
2 Battle Rage
2 Fiery Win Axe
2 Armorsmith
2 Cruel Taskmaster
2 Nerubian egg
1 Bash
2 Acolyte of Pain
2 Shredder
2 Death's Bite
2 Brawl
2 Grim Patron
1 Sylvan
1 Dr. Boom
1 Grom

Dahbomb

There will be a Challengestone at Blizzcon featuring Savyj, Kibler, Amaz and Frodan. Rules are that every deck must contain at least WoW raid bosses.

Catch is that BIG GAME HUNTER is banned!

Clearly BGH is just going through all the years old raids and just one shotting them all with his OP gear

The best WoW raid boss card is probably Nefarian, Jaraxxus, Ragnaros or Loatheb

Tacitus_

I'd run it in control paladin if the joust was near guaranteed. I think I would at least try it. Maybe will if I happen to open one.

I bumped into a druid running it some time ago. Some sort of Avina deck with Malorne, Ysera and Cenarius. Didn't do much for him even though he won the joust every time.

Kolento played a bunch of rogue today and was kicking ass against paladins. I guess people are finally getting that you can play rogue to beat all these paladins.

Kolento, Dog, and Yagut were all running Rogue pretty successfully. Recently, there was an article on Reddit about "5 Decks to beat the Meta" that hit Front of r/hearthstone. Oil Rogue was 2nd on the list.

Edit: Wrong quote

Kolento played a bunch of rogue today and was kicking ass against paladins. I guess people are finally getting that you can play rogue to beat all these paladins.

Kolento, Dog, and Yagut were all running Rogue pretty successfully. Recently, there was an article on Reddit about "5 Decks to beat the Meta" that hit Front of r/hearthstone. Oil Rogue was 2nd on the list.

Edit: Wrong quote

RIP my midrange Paladin I guess lol.

ZealousD

I'm not saying bolvar would be bad, but skeleton knight just fills a different role. And I'd imagine bolvar works best when you run small minions played from cards, not just hero power.

I can tell you from experience that bolvar does not work best when you run small minions played from cards. Aggro decks aren't really looking to throw their minions away all that quickly so you actually don't gain attack for Bolvar that much more quickly anyway. Bolvar works in greedy control paladin lists because it represents a huge stat threat that control decks have to expend their premium removal and silence cards on, which enables you to play other large minions with less concern. Bolvar can eat a BGH so you can play Dr. Boom or Ragnaros. Bolvar will eat a silence so you can play Sylvanas, Tirion, or Piloted Sky Golem (another card better than Skeleton Knight). Bolvar gains attack much faster than people theorycrafted because the hero power gives you a consistent source of minions.

If you are playing a greedy control paladin deck, your aim is to counter other decks with large minions in them, like Handlock or Control Warrior. If you play Skeleton Knight against those decks you are giving them a gift, because they have plenty of options to remove Skeleton Knight with minimal resources and you are much more likely to lose the Joust. Bolvar is much harder to remove and is a much greater threat. Why would I play a 7/4 when I can play a 10/7 instead? Heck he's probably even better now with Justicar Trueheart in the game.

The meta is in the completely opposite direction of where Bolvar is as a card, which is the reason he doesn't see more play.

Oh Divine Favor.

I was playing a Patron Warrior with Paladin on my free account. I was up on health 15-5 but my opponent had just filled the board with 7 Grim Patrons. I had ONE CARD (Consecration) in hand going into my next draw, while my opponent had a full hand.

Top decked Divine Favor. Played it and got 6 cards, including Arcane Golem. lol /game

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Oh Divine Favor.

I was playing a Patron Warrior with Paladin on my free account. I was up on health 15-5 but my opponent had just filled the board with 7 Grim Patrons. I had ONE CARD (Consecration) in hand going into my next draw, while my opponent had a full hand.

Top decked Divine Favor. Played it and got 6 cards, including Arcane Golem. lol /game

There is a big reason why I think a lot of players from more "competitive" or whatever other kinds of CCGs don't like the balance in hearthstone. Divine Favor pretty much exemplifies the type of card that should never have been printed if total class and card balance was a goal. It is a card that fundamentally punishes players for building up an advantage. In a game that is attempting to be balanced this a a horrible idea. Shouldn't the player who built up an advantage in cards be able to use that advantage? It flys in the face of the thing that most card games do. The person who built the card advantage is punished for that? So they shouldn't try to get a card advantage against a player who is vomiting their deck onto the board? This makes no sense and leads you quickly into a spiral of faster and faster decks.

Thank goodness every class doesn't have some kind of card like this, or else this game would be very very different. Or hell, maybe that's the solution. I have no idea. I do know that in other games, a card like Divine Favor wouldn't be playable on turn 3/4. It actively encourages and feeds an aggro playstyle right at the time when they are at the peak of their power during a game. Not a good idea. Push that card out until turn 5/6 and all of a sudden, if they have no play for a turn 5 or 6, the tables can start to turn. The tug of war is intact. Control vs Aggro matters again.

ZealousD

Fuck off with those packs. ;_;

lol. I've been playing since launch and probably sunk like $400 or more into this game and I haven't had another pack even get close to being that good.

inky

lol. I've been playing since launch and probably sunk like $400 or more into this game and I haven't had another pack even get close to being that good.

It's not only you, 2 other people in my friend's list have got golden legendaries in the past couple of days. Raxus was one of them I think.

I've been playing since beta and still no golden for me that's why ;_;

I should have stopped after 1 bad arena but I did two more that were even worse. I think I saw Eye for an Eye and Wisp at least 5 times each. Awful drafts, awful hands. So salty right now.

Top Bottom