• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Kunohara

what does your demon deck look like? I'm struggling in that same range, went from Reno back to secret paladin, to druid, and now zoo at rank 7. I played most of the season with Renolock but it feels so uneven sometimes, priest/warrior i'm set, aggro if i don't draw well i'm doomed. And then secret paladins....

At work so I'll do it from memory. 2x Voidwalker 2x flame imp 1x owl 2x knife juggler 2x egg 2x voidterror 2x peddler 2x haunted creeper 2x abusive 2x PO 2x voidcaller 2x argus 2x doomguard 2x imp gang 2x implosion Dr boom mal ganis

I think that's all of it.

Haunted

I know having Elise Starseeker and Ysera and Varian Wrynn in one Control Warrior deck is too slow for this meta.

I know it.

But if I can't play my favourite cards, why even play at all.

ViviOggi

I know having Elise Starseeker and Ysera and Varian Wrynn in one Control Warrior deck is too slow for this meta.

I know it.

But if I can't play my favourite cards, why even play at all.

Varian is sadly unplayable but Elise is legit clutch in CW right now. She has straight up won me numerous mirrors, Priest and Renolock games, and against anything else 3/5 is a solid 4-drop for trading down garbage when you coined out Death's Bite or didn't draw it.

Been playing a dreadsteed deck I netdecked from hearthpwn. Pretty inconsistent but it is so damn hilarious when it works, the hesitation in plays once you have 5 unkillable tokens on the board is amazing. You can just watch the hope drain from your opponents eyes lol.

JesseZao

The fact that they are literally brawling makes me think it is Tavern Brawl related. Probably another Brawl where you can choose a persistent buff effect.

It would be cool if it were a "treasure chest" style expansion where they add something to every tribe/mechanic.

FoxSpirit

Last Brawl, oponent slams down Nozdormu and "next turns" instantly. Wait, Nozdormu. *fsssssss*
Pick your cards, make all your plays in what feels like 0 time. And I was slightly behind. Frustrating, I am certain I could have come back with what I had but with no time to think this card is eeevil.
Anti-discover card.

Dahbomb

I think it's a Tavern Brawl like that Battlecry/Murloc/Deathrattle Brawl.

That was one of my favorite Brawls so I am interested in the new tribe based Brawl.

Ladekabel

Even though I miss Coghammer and a second Mysterious Challenger, I finally tried to play a "lighter" version of Secret Pally. Lost all my games. From all the early drops I have in my deck, I only draw my late game.
Sometimes I think this game wants to keep me from playing it.

Even though I miss Coghammer and a second Mysterious Challenger, I finally tried to play a "lighter" version of Secret Pally. Lost all my games. From all the early drops I have in my deck, I only draw my late game.
Sometimes I think this game wants to keep me from playing it.

If you arent running two MC then just run Mid range dude.

Owzers

At work so I'll do it from memory. 2x Voidwalker 2x flame imp 1x owl 2x knife juggler 2x egg 2x voidterror 2x peddler 2x haunted creeper 2x abusive 2x PO 2x voidcaller 2x argus 2x doomguard 2x imp gang 2x implosion Dr boom mal ganis

I think that's all of it.

thanks, i think it might be time to craft Malganis, he will give me more zoo and renolock options, trying to spend dust efficiently.

Haunted

Varian is sadly unplayable but Elise is legit clutch in CW right now. She has straight up won me numerous mirrors, Priest and Renolock games, and against anything else 3/5 is a solid 4-drop for trading down garbage when you coined out Death's Bite or didn't draw it.
I do think any of these cards is a viable late game finisher on its own. But trying to play all of them is just inviting disaster in this meta.

And I'll still do it because I'll stop playing before I remove any of them from my control warrior. ;_;7

I think Kibler is becoming my favorite HS streamer. He tries different decks and does a great job talking through his plays out loud. I have probably learned more from him about deck quality and trading than anyone else.

Zemm

I think Kibler is becoming my favorite HS streamer. He tries different decks and does a great job talking through his plays out loud. I have probably learned more from him about deck quality and trading than anyone else.

He is the best but his connection is so shit which puts me off when I have to refresh so often.

Really? I assumed his channel was the same as his YouTube which is to say every single video involves a golden monkey.

Ladekabel

Lost to a few Murloc Paladins who al OTKOd me. That was fun and interactive.

People were whining about Patron but Paladin is way worse than Patron ever was.

Is it worth it to include Mirror Entity into my Tempo Mage deck if I only have 1? And should I include Mad Scientists too? So my options are:

A: 1 Mirror, no MS
B: 1 Mirror, 1 MS
C: 1 Mirror, 2 MS
D: No mirror, no MS

I don't know if any other secrets are worth using as a substitute for the second Mirror.

ViviOggi

Is it worth it to include Mirror Entity into my Tempo Mage deck if I only have 1? And should I include Mad Scientists too? So my options are:

A: 1 Mirror, no MS
B: 1 Mirror, 1 MS
C: 1 Mirror, 2 MS
D: No mirror, no MS

I don't know if any other secrets are worth using as a substitute for the second Mirror.
You don't run secrets without 2x Scientist ever (except for Reno lists I guess). Counterspell/Spellbender are fine substitutes.

Owzers

this game....

got back to rank six and lost to two freeze mages in a row, first with zoo and second with renolock after i Kezan'd a ice block so i'd be in great shape, except i lost with 7 cards left in my deck and no Reno. Maddening, i needed you reno!

and back to rank 7.

edit: lore coming out of a shredder when i have two innervates in my hand switching to druid. THIS GAME!

ViviOggi

Lol. Polymolph, Hex, or entomb the warleaders. Combo ender

Ain't nobody got time for low-tempo spells like Poly in Mage, non-aggro Shaman is a literal torture device and Priest still loses the matchup by default, Entomb or not. If you can't rush/burn that deck down you're done, plain and simple.

Cat Party

Lol. Polymolph, Hex, or entomb the warleaders. Combo ender
Even if you do that, the second Anyfin can summon 4 bluegills and 2 murk eyes for 22 burst damage.

The only reliable way to beat murlocadin is to kill them before turn 10. Which is hard because the rest of the deck is all heals.

Zemm

Even if you do that, the second Anyfin can summon 4 bluegills and 2 murk eyes for 22 burst damage.

The only reliable way to beat murlocadin is to kill them before turn 10. Which is hard because the rest of the deck is all heals.

Not too hard when all your heals and draw are in the last 10 cards :/ I've even had a priest burst me down once, and one thought steal Anyfin :'(

It's a deck that gets punished regularly by shaman, hunter, freeze mage, aggro and secret laladin, but beats priest, warlock, most tempo mage and druid. I really do think it's pretty balanced.

zer0das

Banned
Summoning stones! Summoning stones everywhere!

http://imgur.com/a/HOZoF

Got a summoning stone from a holy nova in the first one. In the second one I mindcontrolled his summoning stone (that he copied from mine), then got a third one from a card generating card. He mindcontrolled the Varian from my mindcontrol, but then I generated 3 minions from one spell and he had no AOE clear haha.

Apathy

Just faced a RenoLock at rank 19 and almost won as a rogue with nothing but basic cards.With Mal'Ganis, Rag, Dr Boom, Loatheb, Troggzor, and Gormok oh and Reno Jackson naturally, vs the zero I have. Got him to 5, then again to 15. I would love to hear any one even justify that and why it's taken so long to get fixes.

As soon as I saw that it was Reno I just spend every turn getting to just about the end of the rope just to annoy him and make it take that much longer to get his gold.

Dahbomb

Just faced a RenoLock at rank 19 and almost won as a rogue with nothing but basic cards.With Mal'Ganis, Rag, Dr Boom, Loatheb, Troggzor, and Gormok oh and Reno Jackson naturally, vs the zero I have. Got him to 5, then again to 15. I would love to hear any one even justify that and why it's taken so long to get fixes.

As soon as I saw that it was Reno I just spend every turn getting to just about the end of the rope just to annoy him and make it take that much longer to get his gold.
Justify what and fix what?

kamakazi5

To kind of go along with this is it seen as bad sportsmanship to not concede even with no chance of winning? Conceding is super common but I hate doing it. I want to keep a match going for as long as I can.

Apathy

Justify what and fix what?

Smurfing? trying to farm low level people for gold? I still don't see that being fixed as I covered a few post up.

To kind of go along with this is it seen as bad sportsmanship to not concede even with no chance of winning? Conceding is super common but I hate doing it. I want to keep a match going for as long as I can.

Well if I play a normal match and it's not someone who is clearly not supposed to be there I'll concede if I see a loss coming (or cause I didn't draw the right card).

Pooya

Rogue decks are pretty cheap actually. You can even build a budget oil rogue which will be more than good enough for rank 19 and let me tell you that you are actually favored against a renolock. Basic decks are for rank 21-25. You can't expect them to work past that, even then people have pushed them far above that. I'm almost legend with oil rogue this season, my deck probably cost somewhere like 3000 dust and 1400 gold to build (two wings of Naxx). I cut Edwin, only have Bloodmage and Loatheb, not even running Boom now. Double oil and pirate are better these days. You have 2x Azure Drake, 2x Teacher for rares 2x Shredder and some other commons and 2x prep.

Rogue is like the only skill based class in the game demanding high level game knowledge of every class and deck, I wouldn't start playing the game with that class. For my alt, it was a great choice, cheap strong deck and my experience from other server helped a lot.

Smurfing? not really, ladder is free for all. You can't expect to get matched against similar players on ladder. Casual mode has MMR. Even then people that bought a lot of packs can have a lot of cards initially.

Dahbomb

Some people just buy packs with real money and just craft some deck online. They might actually be new/bad players than gold farmers.

Mulgrok

I don't know how, but for some reason I got a read on my arena opponent having pyroblast at the start of the game. Because of this I made sure to burn through my 2 truesilvers just so I would heal myself to 11 hp, and it payed off as he cast pyroblast before conceding on turn 10.

I made another card :)

By8mG0H.png

Apathy

Some people just buy packs with real money and just craft some deck online. They might actually be new/bad players than gold farmers.

I would agree with you a lot at the lower levels. If I see some bad legendary or just bad play out of a person, but the amount of gold/dust/real money that someone would need to get a deck like the one I mentioned earlier (because even the minions were not just some shitty minions that seemed out of place) would be crazy if they were just bad/new. Again, possible, but highly unlikely.

Top Bottom