• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Also, without Shielded Minibot I think Paladin will be in a pretty tough spot. Everything will move to OTK Paladin which will then get nerfed because of Ole Murk Eye.

Warxard

Banned
Oil Rogue can be replaced due to how classic heavy that deck is. Replace Sword oil with like, Cold Blood. Belcher with Sunwalker.

Only hard card to replace is Loatheb. (I use Master of Disguise to cloak in replacement of Loatheb, along with Cleef.)

Can't stop the oil nigga we OUT HERE, we HUNGRY

so standard is what's being used in the HS championship so that'll definitely be the one to play for real. Did they give any timeline on when this stuff will come out?

Apathy

Also, without Shielded Minibot I think Paladin will be in a pretty tough spot. Everything will move to OTK Paladin which will then get nerfed because of Ole Murk Eye.

After the shit that is MC, I don't care if paladin is in a tough spot. Feels like I would see a lot more murloc decks

Dahbomb

Has Blizzard said how Standard/Wild will effect Tavern Brawl?
I think it only applies for Constructed so Tavern Brawls and Arena are unaffected by it. Except the card rewards from Arena.

And yeah Anyfin Paladin seems pretty unaffected right now without additional nerfs.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

"Standard is only available as a format in Friendly Challenges, Ranked, and Casual play, so it won’t affect Arena, Solo play, or Adventures."

They technically don't clarify, so it might vary per Brawl, but if we read just the first part, it wouldn't apply to Tavern Brawl.

bjaelke

Did they give any timeline on when this stuff will come out?

The split is set to happen sometime in spring alongside the launch of another new set
In a recent Designer Insight Ben Brode said that they learned from previous experience not to announce new stuff too early.

Yes. It will be different from week to week.

Will Tavern Brawls use formats?
Tavern Brawls have different rules each week, so some Brawls will be in Wild format, while others could be in Standard format, but they’ll all be crazy fun!

Blizzard is answering questions through twitter @PlayHearthstone if you guys want to try your luck with asking something.

Also, arena awards will only award packs for Standard, so I'd assume it will only offer Standard cards for thr draft.

Edit: Looks like I'm wrong and it's already been clarified a few posts up.

Already confirmed that it's 2 separate ladders, but only a single highest ranked reward is given out at the end of the month. So you just need to focus on one ladder.
This is the biggest bullshit. Give people separate rewards for both ladders. Hell, make the Wild reward only old cards.

Otherwise, my biggest concern is that the classes are pretty boring without most of the Naxx/GvG cards. Most of the things that excited me in this game are about to die. They better rebalance the hell out of the classic and basic cards.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Keep bad legendaries for Tavern Brawl. You never know. If they do a co-op Constructed Brawl you might use The Beast.

Dragner

If I had my way, BGH wouldn't be nerfed - it would be removed. A 3/2 BGH changes literally nothing. The gross thing about that card is you play it to remove a massive minion they spent their entire turn playing, and get to play something after on the same turn. Need it to cost like 5-6 mana IMO.

I know its not a big difference but something needs to be done with BGH, card is needed, but card cant trade with a 4 drop after killing a 7 drop, thats bonkers for 3 mana, so the mechanic should stay but the stats should eb lowered, or make it higher cost.

As per the other thread, you can bet this change will come with new cards... Exactly the same as the old cards being removed.

I see it as a way to get people to buy decks again, not something that is going to meaningfully change the game.

And I can see why. I think lots of people paid gold for League and I paid only gold for TGT packs. There just gets less point over time without power creep.

Now the power creep, and the wallets, can be opened again

Kumo

Only thing I don't like is how we won't be able to purchase old packs and adventures anymore. There are still a good amount of cards I want in GvG, for example Iron Juggernaut or Trade Prince Gallywix, that I know I won't be crafting any time soon. Also I can't justify ever spending 1600 dust on a card that's only usable in one format.

I guess one solution is to lower the cost to craft for cards in older sets, but an easier solution would be to just let us spend our gold/money how we want.

bjaelke

I know its not a big difference but something needs to be done with BGH, card is needed, but card cant trade with a 4 drop after killing a 7 drop, thats bonkers for 3 mana, so the mechanic should stay but the stats should eb lowered, or make it higher cost.

Well they just removed that 7 drop, so technically BGH has already been nerfed.

inky

I didn't realize people had so much of a problem with BGH. Yes, it limited high cost drops, but with Dr 7 it was a necessity. I still think people will clear that spot for other stuff now.

I guess my perspective has always been that of a controlish Druid player, bereft of any form of good removal. It was basically the only chance at getting some tempo back most of the time so it never struck me as unfair. It still sucked when someone pulled it on you of course, but my experience is that it never traded up on top of removing, considering you could clear it with almost anything (particularly a well place boom bot ;P)

FeD.nL

Or you know since someone is rotating out:

dphZHQnZ.png

Kappa

Dragner

everybody will have free 400 dust (Rip mayordomo).

And yeah, Dr balanced will be gone be there will be a new Dr 7 at any point and probably more ragnaros and giants now.

Ridli

Holy crap they did it. No more Naxx/gvg, rebalancing of classic/basic. I can't wait for spring!

Oh man, ArcticDonkey I hope you didn't just spend cash in Naxx D:

I wanted a shake-up, I'm not sure this is what I wanted. Wild seems like the new casual, the much less popular mode. This allows them to faze out cards in the popular format, but still keep them around so that they don't let people disenchant for their full amount. So few cards are introduced in adventures, I'd prefer they not faze any adventures out at this point.

Dahbomb

Anyone here going to dust their Dr Boom?

Not me man, this card has provided me with too many wins to DE. Plus I might tinker around with Wild every now and then.

G.ZZZ

Roar is getting bumped to 4 mana for sure. BGH is another card that they probably want to nerf, but the giants are still in and handlock exist so they shouldn't imho. TBH i wanted some buffs the most more than nerfs, especially to taunts/defensive cards cause they sucks in general.

I'd hold off on the dusting.

For all we know blizzard will release some standard cards that makes the whole mode unplayable for a year (with all the counters sitting in wild). You will not even be able to steal an iceblock any more.

Then there is always brawl.

What are you going to do with the dust anyway?

Top Bottom