• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Sheroking

every dragon priest used to run Light bomb though, and probably for good reason

Most Priests will try to hold onto Light Bomb for Doctor Boom.

Light Bomb isn't as powerful as it once was anyway because a lot of the Light Bomb targets are leaving with it or are better solved with Entomb.

Furo

Suggested change to Force of nature fill your board with 2/1 ents ;).

Please remove charge from the game.
I'll guess they will increase the cost of savage roar to 4 or 5. Force of nature itself alone isn't a super strong imbalanced card (6dmg for 6 mana for 1 round), without savage roar there won't be a need to change it.

Certain classes are going to need a lot of love in the new expansion, I'm sure they will not leave a class totally gimped...LOL

I main'd Priest in its dark ages. I know very well Blizzard has no problem gimping/keeping an entire class unplayable. Yes, Dragon Priest is viable, but a lot of that revolves around great synergy with VC/DC/DL etc.

Also, another serious issue is lack of a solid board clear. As it stands, Excavated Evil is counter-productive for Priest as it enters the opponent's deck once used -- Holy Nova only does 2 damage. The great thing with Priest was the various amount of ways to clear the board in case the game got out of hand. ASP/COH now takes up 4 deck spots when 1 light bomb did a more efficient job.

Until we see the plans for expansion I guess it's hard to speak more definitively, but it's looking very grim for Priest.

Haines

Banned
Nerfs to classic op cards like savage roar
Busted cards like boom shredder scientist gone
New expansion
A ton old cards gone making slots open to diff cards being played again
New format
More deck slots

All in the same day. Can't come soon enough

Man, it's crazy how some cards just become bottom tier garbage the second that Naxx or GvG are released.

Like Gorillabot A-3, that thing will be completely worthless in Standard.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hunter is back?

No scientist hurts hunter/mage a lot, but it should be better off now. Face hunter atleast will be seen now that we're losing healbot.

Man, it's crazy how some cards just become bottom tier garbage the second that Naxx or GvG are released.

Like Gorillabot A-3, that thing will be completely worthless in Standard.

This is one of my biggest worries with this setup. Any tribe like mech is SIGNIFICANTLY worse considering GvG actually made them a thing. There is no way a mech deck can really work you remove the bulk of them. Supplemental additions seen in later expansions like Clockwork Knight are also terrible now.

It basically means there's only hope for Pirate/Murloc since they're ingrained in classic. Demons as well, but those are losing a VERY big one in Voidcaller and Mal'Ganis, which also makes dreadsteed worse.

Levi

Banned
I have a mech mage deck with 100% golden cards. :(

But I'm excited for the future of Hearthstone. Formats were inevitable, there's no way they can just keep adding cards year after year after year and keep the game healthy.

People making meta calls so soon are being silly. They're rebalancing basic and classic cards and releasing a new set before this change hits live. We'll likely be playing a very different game.

As far as helping new players, my five months of play so far I've spent my dust crafting the very best stuff i could so i don't have the full classic set or legendaries like Ragnaros or Alex because i went for Boom and Malganis instead. I don't feel like this has helped me much at all, i probably shouldn't have started hearthstone when i did.

You've got 5 months of play.... you're not really a new player at that point.

Owzers

People making meta calls so soon are being silly. They're rebalancing basic and classic cards and releasing a new set before this change hits live. We'll likely be playing a very different game.

then why am i so bad!

Maybe i'm not bad....maybe i'm a future pro.

Someone brought this up on Trump's stream. Do you think we'll see a new class in the next expansion along with this reset? I wouldn't mind seeing Deathknight as a WoW/lore nerd but who knows what it could do to the meta.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I'm pretty sure this will lead to the inevitable death of "Wild" as a format. For the same reasons that it has died in every other card game, lack of support. While the limited format (Type II in MTG and Hearthstone's Standard), gives the designers room to support new players and new ideas without crowding the design space, I think Blizzard choosing to go this route is disappointing. They seem to have chosen a familiar concept instead of pushing the boundaries.

Hearthstone is a DIGITAL game, they have the power to change every card ever made. Un-make cards, change cards, rework cards, rebalance cards, re-order entire sets, move cards from one set to another, etc. They have myriad options that aren't available to a physical card game due to not having any physical parts. Blizzard could have done some or all of those things to make the game better or easier for new players while not completely removing old cards and content (adventures). It seems like an admission of defeat. "We couldn't find a better way than what Magic was doing. Sorry guys! Here's Magic Type II - Hearthstone Edition!" Maybe they did try a lot of these things but just aren't talking about them or found some other good reason not to do them, but they didn't seem to address that at all in anything I've read.

I just wonder why they would want stick to the trappings of a physical game when they aren't bound by those things at all. I wouldn't want them to hold some ideal of physicality so highly that they ignore all the options available to them.

I mean, sure, if you want to legitimately confuse and piss off players, they could do that, and lose massive numbers of players.

Being biased and wanting the company to keep making money, I'm glad they're not taking that approach.

Apathy

I can see then giving warriors a new weapon that has something like sweeping strikes from wow built in, maybe that you will do half damage to the minion next to the one you are hitting for full damage.

Ridli

Huh. With all those Gvg and Naxx death rattles gone, Museum Curator is gonna be pulling a lot of useless cards and then sometimes Sylvanas/Cairne.

Someone brought this up on Trump's stream. Do you think we'll see a new class in the next expansion along with this reset? I wouldn't mind seeing Deathknight as a WoW/lore nerd but who knows what it could do to the meta.
Creating a new class means developing a full class set. That is a lot of work.

That said, wouldn't it be interesting if the Naxx set is being removed to become the Deathknight set? ;)

What would a Deathknight do for a hero skill, though?

gutshot

Nerfing Savage Roar by increasing its mana cost doesn't really do much. The main problem with the card, and the reason it can be so restrictive, is because it scales so insanely well. A board with 5 1/1s would be nothing to be scared about versus any other class but against Druid they play one 3 mana card and instantly do +12 damage. It's nearly a OTK if they happen to have two in hand.

I expect any nerfs will address this problem, possibly putting a cap on the amount of minions that can be buffed. "Give 3 random minions +2 Attack" is much less powerful of a card while still being a strong burst option.

inky

Well, if Blizzard is really thinking about making more classes, wouldn't this be the time to do it?

I think it will be a traditional expansion this time, but the more they wait, the more cards they have to imagine and balance once they want to take that extra step. IF they ever want to... but considering they can't get alt hero portraits for 60% of the classes yet I'm not holding my breath for something like that.

Dahbomb

Some of the salt in the other thread...

Good thing I am not even daring to enter the official forums or reddit.
I think aside from the no Naxx Adventure availability it has been received well particularly from long time HS players.

A lot of people saw this coming too with all the hints they were throwing out.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I think aside from the no Naxx Adventure availability it has been received well particularly from long time HS players.

A lot of people saw this coming too with all the hints they were throwing out.

I think anyone who is already fully bought into the ecosystem has no reason to complain.
It makes sense. If you were already committed to buying everything, this really doesn't change anything for you.

The thing it does is fix the cost of entrance to some lower ceiling. For a completely new player, that will keep the "complete" set of playable cards in reach. For the long-time player nothing really will change, you'll keep buying the newest thing.

Szadek

Sounds good. The game is way cheeper than any other card game I play ,so I always have all the good cards in no time anyway.

What would a Deathknight do for a hero skill, though?
I like this idea:
tLseQlw.png

Just heard about the formats thing, pretty interesting. It still kinda sucks for new players as now some of my adventures cards are going to become useless(for standard), luckily I'm almost at a point where I can just craft the cards I need and I'm opening packs on a regular basis.

I'm guessing arena is going to stay the same? I hope it does, more cards makes arena better imo.

Raxus

Huh. With all those Gvg and Naxx death rattles gone, Museum Curator is gonna be pulling a lot of useless cards and then sometimes Sylvanas/Cairne.
?

There are lots of good death rattles left especially now we got rid a lot of garbage death rattles.

Apathy

I'm going to be roping secret paladins until this new change happens. Them loosing avenge is still not enough, there needs to be an actual way to get rid of secrets (and with Kezan Mystic being removed too it, the game desperately needs it).

Owzers

I'm going to be roping secret paladins until this new change happens. Them loosing avenge is still not enough, there needs to be an actual way to get rid of secrets (and with Kezan Mystic being removed too it, the game desperately needs it).

i loved using Kezan to try to swipe a freeze mage's ice block, hopefully they still have some type of anti-secret card in the new set.

Honestly I'm scared for control decks. No Loathebs, Sludge Belcher, Healbot, etc. is a scary world. Obviously it all depends on what comes out in the new set though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Honestly I'm scared for control decks. No Loathebs, Sludge Belcher, Healbot, etc. is a scary world. Obviously it all depends on what comes out in the new set though.

Priest is losing their best clear too. Next set is going to be extremely interesting.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Priest is the class in need of the most dire changes to base and expert.

They need to go back in time and balance the classes of the past so they don't need to print crazy Priest cards every set to shore up their innate flaws.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

Welcome back! For my money, you're the best (of a bunch of great) analyst the game has on here.

YES!!!! I just beat my first Secret Paladin. My strategy was
he went AFK.

Sounds good. The game is way cheeper than any other card game I play ,so I always have all the good cards in no time anyway.

I like this idea:
tLseQlw.png
That would definitely be my hero, then. I absolutely love the undead and Charge.

I actually have a lot of thoughts about hero powers, and I'm going to make a big post about it. Hopefully it gets folks talking...

Ben Brode was right about not wanting to release info too far before the content actually comes out, I'm getting salty at every Shielded Minibot and Muster for Battle already

Frenden

Banned
I'm so torn. I have an almost complete collection from all sets. I love what this does to the meta, but I feel like an idiot buying and crafting all these now-useless cards.

Overall, yay.

Face hunter with flare.

It'll work just fine. What are you going to do, drop a sludge belcher or use a healbot?

Top Bottom