• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Sheroking

Final boss.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_02_03_16_18_17_52.png

sibarraz

Banned
The only logical nerf that I think is remove the charge from force of nature.

They could compensate by giving better stats to the trents or something like that

I still don't know if it will be worth it to dust cards by the time that standard arrives, I think that I will wait until that day comes and se if I'm short of dust to get the cards needed to stay competitive

Dahbomb

It can have charge but it can't hit face (like Ice Howl). I like that it can be used as a board clear. I would compensate by giving FoN 3 attack so it can be 3 3/3 Treants.

Sheroking

Hearthstone_Screenshot_02_03_16_18_29_13.png

Yay. 3rd 12 win arena run, first with a not-Mage class.

It can have charge but it can't hit face (like Ice Howl). I like that it can be used as a board clear. I would compensate by giving FoN 3 attack so it can be 3 3/3 Treants.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a 6 mana, 6 damage push to the face.

It's Savage Roar that is the problem. It's stupid in decks that don't even have Force of Nature in them.

JesseZao

The chance of Cursed Blade being chosen has to be purposely inflated by Blizz for this Brawl. It's uncanny how often it is shows up.

FoxSpirit

Holy hell, I can't buy GvG packs anymore once standard hits? I miss quite a bit GvG and crafting only is expensive AF.

Now I feel sad, should I invest my gold into getting some more GvG or simply go into TGT right away.... fuuuuuck.

Pooya

silence druid is pretty good, too bad wailing soul goes away too.

-----

people keep getting legendary cards from their brawls, I keep getting doomhammer.

Haunted

I will instantly concede to the first player I meet in this Brawl who's not playing Rogue, just out of respect.

5 games, 5 rogues.

edit: 6

Pooya

So Amaz made a video to smear Firebat, it got backfired and Firebat is now actually playing for Reynad replacing him in Red Bull tournament. How some say hearthstone isn't sports when it has all this drama, lol!

Classic/basic card nerf wish list:
Innervate - refills empty crystals instead of giving full ones. That way there is no turn 1 way to spend 5-6 mana.

That basically ruins Innervate. I think they should make it similar to Preparation but for minions. They could change the text to "The next minion you play costs 2 mana less." You would still be able to ramp with it, but you couldn't use it for ridiculous finisher combos.

So Amaz made a video to smear Firebat, it got backfired and Firebat is now actually playing for Reynad replacing him in Red Bull tournament. How some say hearthstone isn't sports when it has all this drama, lol!

Quite a few people have left Archon on bad terms. Reynad and Firebat can bond over their hatred of Amaz

I will instantly concede to the first player I meet in this Brawl who's not playing Rogue, just out of respect.

5 games, 5 rogues.

edit: 6
I won on my first try with Mage freeze deck. My logic was that since weapons are free, freezing the opposing hero is game-winning. I turned out to be right, and I don't even have any mage cards.

I won on my first try with Mage freeze deck. My logic was that since weapons are free, freezing the opposing hero is game-winning. I turned out to be right, and I don't even have any mage cards.

That's smart. Every deck will be focusing on weapons so freezing the hero effectively shuts it down completely

Mulgrok

That feel in arena when, as warrior, you mulligan into your 4 weapons at the start and the mage opponent coins snowchugger into snowchugger into frost bolt into water elemental into duplicate water elementals....etc

Finally saved up enough gold to get an Adventure, was originally going to get Naxxramas but after seeing the coming changes I got League of Explorers instead.

It's weird because I'd been set on Naxx for so long :(

Frenden

Banned
I Snowchuggered and freeze-spelled my way to victory too. Freeze mage is very effective when you can hit face every turn, haha.

Owzers

Finally saved up enough gold to get an Adventure, was originally going to get Naxxramas but after seeing the coming changes I got League of Explorers instead.

It's weird because I'd been set on Naxx for so long :(

You're on your way to Reno time.

Paladin win 5 quest, never leave me Secret Paladin.

Dahbomb

I wonder if sites like Tempostorm will still publish tier lists for Wild format. I hope they don't because then the meta will be defined by the players playing the mode and not Reynad + crew. That might actually increase diversity and promote more experimentation.

There's a very good possibility that Wild might have more variety than Standard at some points in the meta games. The OP cards answer other OP cards and there are just more answers available. If stuff like BGH/Alex/Combo is nerfed, then something like Handlock could be uncontested in standard.

Like I know people hate Secret Paladin and Druid right now but compared to previous phases of HS these past few months had more class variety. Previously you would have completely gimped classes that would see no representation online.

Past few months I saw these decks being played which was the highest amount ever in HS:

Secret Pally, Anyfin Pally, Midrange Pally, Combo Druid, Aggro Druid, Tempo Mage, Mech Mage, Freeze Mage, Oil Rogue, Raptor Rogue, Miracle Rogue, Zoolock, Renolock, Handlock, Control Warrior, Grim Patron Warrior, Aggro Shaman, Control Priest, Dragon Priest, Midrange Hunter, Face Hunter etc.

Issue always was that minion tempo game play dominated but you still had lots of flavors of it and other playstyles too.

The only big loss was lightbomb and maybe deathlord, and I'm sure that at least the first one will appear in some form in the new expansion or even be replaced by excavated evil

Also, Dragon Synergy will be better now

Light of the Naruu saw a decent amount of use as I recall, at least in decks that ran Auchenai.

Oh and shit, Velen's Chosen of course.

Mulgrok

I wonder if sites like Tempostorm will still publish tier lists for Wild format. I hope they don't because then the meta will be defined by the players playing the mode and not Reynad + crew. That might actually increase diversity and promote more experimentation.

There's a very good possibility that Wild might have more variety than Standard at some points in the meta games. The OP cards answer other OP cards and there are just more answers available. If stuff like BGH/Alex/Combo is nerfed, then something like Handlock could be uncontested in standard.

Like I know people hate Secret Paladin and Druid right now but compared to previous phases of HS these past few months had more class variety. Previously you would have completely gimped classes that would see no representation online.

Past few months I saw these decks being played which was the highest amount ever in HS:

Secret Pally, Anyfin Pally, Midrange Pally, Combo Druid, Aggro Druid, Tempo Mage, Mech Mage, Freeze Mage, Oil Rogue, Raptor Rogue, Miracle Rogue, Zoolock, Renolock, Handlock, Control Warrior, Grim Patron Warrior, Aggro Shaman, Control Priest, Dragon Priest, Midrange Hunter, Face Hunter etc.

Issue always was that minion tempo game play dominated but you still had lots of flavors of it and other playstyles too.

Ya, I think the real reason for retiring naxx and gvg was they made way too powerful of cards overall. If they didn't go full retard with those the game would have been a bit more balanced. :p

Raxus

Ya, I think the real reason for retiring naxx and gvg was they made way too powerful of cards overall. If they didn't go full retard with those the game would have been a bit more balanced. :p

No matter what they did they had to take the magic route eventually. It would be that or flood the game with shit with a few notable cards or nerf tons of cards to oblivion to get people into the new set. This is a nice compromise.

Pooya

ah, forgot about Shrinkmeister being removed now. No longer you need to be scared of cabal shadow priest. The card lost a lot of value with minibot and belcher gone too. There is really not much you can steal turn 6+ now, I'm wondering if people still play it at all. It wasn't that good before GvG.

Frenden

Banned
This format shake-up prompted me to catalog my cards in a way I hadn't before. I'm missing more than I thought:

I'd need roughly 13,200 dust for all the epics and 41,600 dust for the legendaries.

DRUID
* Mulch - E
* Astral Communion -E
* Dark Whispers - E
* Aviana - L

HUNTER
* Steamwheedle Sniper - E
* Dreadscale - L
* Acidmaw - L

MAGE
* Wee Spellstopper - E
* Flame Leviathan - L
* Rhonin - L

PALLY
* Coghammer - E
* Bolvar Fordragon - L
* Quartermaster - E
* Eadric the Pure - L

PRIEST
* Confuse - E

ROGUE
* Beneath the Grounds - E
* Anub'arak - L

SHAMAN
* Elemental Destruction - E
* The Mistcaller - L

WARLOCK
* Dreadsteed - E
* Wilfred Fizzelbang - L

WARRIOR
* Magnataur Alpha - E

NEUTRAL
* Millhouse Manastorm - L
* Recombobulator - E
* Eydis Darkbane - L
* Tinkmaster Overspark - L
* Mini-Mage - E
* Blingtron 3000 - L
* Elite Tauren Chieftain - L
* Hemet Nessingway - L
* Nexus Champion Sarad - L
* Recruiter - E
* Gazlowe - L
* Justicar Truehart - L
* Kodorider - E
* The Skeleton Night - L
* Skycap'n Kragg - L
* Foe Reaper 4000 - L
* Icehowl - L
* Malygos - L
* Mekgineer Thermaplugg - L
* Onyxia - L
* Frost Giant - E

Holy hell, I can't buy GvG packs anymore once standard hits? I miss quite a bit GvG and crafting only is expensive AF.

Now I feel sad, should I invest my gold into getting some more GvG or simply go into TGT right away.... fuuuuuck.

Don't quote me on this, but I think someone said on a stream - either Trump, the ValueTown guys, or Kripp - that crafting non-Standard cards would cost the same amount of dust as breaking it down currently would. I might have misheard them though in all honesty, since I don't pay too much attention when watching streamers.

Raxus

I will say, with the loss of deathrattles, inspire seems a LOT more attractive now.

Dahbomb, I'd also like to mention Evil Heckler and Pit Fighter got a lot more attractive now as well.

That basically ruins Innervate. I think they should make it similar to Preparation but for minions. They could change the text to "The next minion you play costs 2 mana less." You would still be able to ramp with it, but you couldn't use it for ridiculous finisher combos.

That would get rid of the ridiculous FoN + Roar + Innervate + Roar, but other than that I don't think it's really enough. Maybe if FoN summoned 2 3/3 minions.

The combo doesn't need to be butchered that way. Delaying it one turn is enough. Also if innervate is changed the way I suggested, I think druid would be good.

I really don't think the combo or innervate is too op, however it is too prohibitive going forward. These cards will be legal in every standard format going forward, therefore they need their teeth cut a bit to give them less chance of just dominating druid deck design forever.

Dahbomb

I will say, with the loss of deathrattles, inspire seems a LOT more attractive now.

Dahbomb, I'd also like to mention Evil Heckler and Pit Fighter got a lot more attractive now as well.
Yeah probably. Depends on what 4/5 drops they have in the expansion.

Evil Heckler still dies to stuff like Frostbolt ping, Truesilver, Flamestrike etc. I think if someone really needs a taunt in a Reno style deck and has already used up Senjin they can consider Evil Heckler now.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Truesilver will definitely make a comeback. With Shredder gone it returns as the 4-slot of choice here. Keeper of Uldaman loses a lot of luster with Muster for Battle gone.

Hycran

Banned

The beauty of this is that as soon as I saw the video load, I knew it would be a trainwreck. These guys are not only not PR experts, but they aren't the least bit sympathetic, even if they are 100% telling the truth. If you want to be a real business, you have to no-sell everything, wish someone the best of luck and move on. You don't get a nickname like Scamaz by being an upstanding individual and while I enjoy his content, I can't say I haven't enjoyed his fall from grace.

Xanathus

That was also my first deck with brawl, seemed pretty obvious to be one of the best. Just made a Tempo Mage with 2 Snowchuggers, Water Elementals, Mirror Images, and even 2 Frost Elementals.

Eddie Bax

Mmm, this brawl. I got a poor bastard with an Arcanite Reaper + double Rockbiter after he got given a Cursed Blade. 22 points of damage in one hit.

Take a break from the game for a year then come back when Reno is banned out.
Why? Because I hate one card?

I don't even mind Dr. Boom. I beat Dr. Boom all the time. I've never beaten a Reno Druid, Warlock, Paladin, or Warrior so far.

Edit: Just beat another deck with Dr. Boom.

Dahbomb

Why? Because I hate one card?

I don't even mind Dr. Boom. I beat Dr. Boom all the time. I've never beaten a Reno Druid, Warlock, Paladin, or Warrior so far.
There are Reno Druids? First time I have heard of it.

Aside from Warlock these decks aren't even good. You are playing right into a Reno play if you get crushed by it all the time. First step is recognition that a deck is Reno (if you don't see any duplicates for a while assume Reno) and when you do that, you don't go all in on attacks. That should be the playstyle against Warlock anyway because under 15 HP they start getting cheap Molten Giants and they can wipe your board + heal back up.

There are Reno Druids? First time I have heard of it.

Aside from Warlock these decks aren't even good. You are playing right into Reno play if you get crushed by it all the time. First step is recognition that a deck is Reno (if you don't see any duplicates for a while assume Reno) and when you do that, you don't go all in on attacks. That should be the playstyle against Warlock anyway because under 15 HP they start getting cheap Molten Giants and they can wipe your board + heal back up.
My deck isn't good enough to play it slow. I need to take the hits I can get. Once I have a non-basic deck, then I can do that sort of thing.

The thing that bothers me about Reno is that I can completely outplay my opponent for the first 8 or so turns, and then he gets this card that's like "LOL, none of that mattered!" Meanwhile, I'm probably at 10 health because I have to Life Tap constantly to keep board advantage due to my weak creatures. It's maddening.

Dahbomb

The thing that bothers me about Reno is that I can completely outplay my opponent for the first 8 or so turns, and then he gets this card that's like "LOL, none of that mattered!" Meanwhile, I'm probably at 10 health because I have to Life Tap constantly to keep board advantage due to my weak creatures. It's maddening.
Please tell me how you are "out playing" your opponent.

And I don't mean slow as in try to play a control game.. I mean only play as much stuff on the board to pressure/threaten without actually flooding or going all in. Save chargers in hand, save Power Overwhelmings in hand. If you keep the Warlock around 15-20 then they are less likely to play Reno due to greed and you can kill them with a surprise burst combo.

Please tell me how you are "out playing" your opponent.

And I don't mean slow as in try to play a control game.. I mean only play as much stuff on the board to pressure/threaten without actually flooding or going all in. Save chargers in hand, save Power Overwhelmings in hand. If you keep the Warlock around 15-20 then they are less likely to play Reno due to greed and you can kill them with a surprise burst combo.
It's not even possible for my deck to do 15 in one turn unless I have enormous RNG.

I am outplaying my opponent by constantly having board control. Every turn, I'm trading and maintaining the board. My deck just doesn't have any late game heavy stuff to close out a long-term match. Anyone who has basic strong late cards will beat me if the match goes too long. That's why I was going to work toward Mal'ganis and Kel'Thuzad.

Top Bottom