• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

I really like the idea of Fel Cannon. There's another cannon like it, and if you ran 4 cannons, it's kind of interesting to think about what a game would play out like if RNG fell in your favor.

Acerac

Banned
I really like the idea of Fel Cannon. There's another cannon like it, and if you ran 4 cannons, it's kind of interesting to think about what a game would play out like if RNG fell in your favor.

That card really shows what it can do in arena. Turn 2 mechwarper turn 3 fel cannon has won me games.

Zoggy

yo what if they let us trade cards that aren't in standard anymore.

like as long as the dust value is equal you can trade.

CoolOff

Anyone on EU interested in running a small tournament on Sunday with the Tempo Storm limited deck builder? It's a really interesting tool.

Shiver

I'm interested, but don't think I'll have the time. I've been playing around with the draft tool a bit and it is really cool. makes me wish they would implement a sealed format in the client some day.

CoolOff

Sweet. I'm thinking Conquest BO5 with 3 decks built. Since you open the packs yourselves it's based on mutual trust, but since there's nothing in it but fun and glory I assume that's not going to be a problem.

I also assume people have all the cards available that they want to put in. Since it's weighted towards normals and rares like Arena, this shouldn't be a major issue either, even if I wouldn't be anywhere near being able to participate if we ran it on NA.

After having opened a few sets, soulbound cards really decide what classes are even possible to build around. Also, I had one draft with 3 Captain Greenskin...

Pooya

Man, playing druid, people just concede when they go kinda low in hp and can't clear my board even though I don't have lethal. I won like 6 or 7 games today. I guess they thought the garbage I was holding was roar or something? lol, this midrange hunter guy had me at 10 or so, I charged my druid of the claw and he conceded. I was looking to get lethal next turn as it wasn't a good idea to drag the game with highmanes and stuff potentially coming down but I didn't have lethal.

Now mirror games are even more hilarious, I got 4 dude on board, the guy just conceded.

This last game was just dirty, instead of going force/roar for control, I accidentally played two force... the guy instantly conceded, I just threw that game but won anyways!! Druid mind games are real.

This is like rank 6, I guess having too much experience is kinda bad sometimes LOL!

I heavily changed my deck to counter aggro, it works great. I'm playing with two belchers and no shades. I win control games anyway. I'm playing aspirants again, it's really good against aggro. I actually have a chance against tempo mage like this. I also run MCT and Kezan even! I was getting quite a bit of hunter and mages. I like my deck right now. The double root, double drake version is too slow and greedy for these ranks I guess. Probably woks better in legend.

Tarazet

Man, playing druid, people just concede when they go kinda low in hp and can't clear my board even though I don't have lethal. I won like 6 or 7 games today. I guess they thought the garbage I was holding was roar or something? lol, this midrange hunter guy had me at 10 or so, I charged my druid of the claw and he conceded. I was looking to get lethal next turn as it wasn't a good idea to drag the game with highmanes and stuff potentially coming down but I didn't have lethal.

Now mirror games are even more hilarious, I got 4 dude on board, the guy just conceded.

This last game was just dirty, instead of going force/roar for control, I accidentally played two force... the guy instantly conceded, I just threw that game but won anyways!! Druid mind games are real.

This is like rank 6, I guess having too much experience is kinda bad sometimes LOL!

I heavily changed my deck to counter aggro, it works great. I'm playing with two belchers and no shades. I win control games anyway. I'm playing aspirants again, it's really good against aggro. I actually have a chance against tempo mage like this. I also run MCT and Kezan even! I was getting quite a bit of hunter and mages. I like my deck right now. The double root, double drake version is too slow and greedy for these ranks I guess. Probably woks better in legend.

When I play Druid, I keep Force of Nature and Savage Roar in my mulligan 100%, and then just try to have something to play in the early game, doesn't matter what. I don't care if I give up a turn or two in the early game, if I get the combo my chances are pretty damn good.

gutshot

Savage Roar is going to change to like, your beasts have +2 attack or similar. They're not going to just up the mana cost, it's a problematic card.

They won't touch Force.

I agree. I'd like to see them just cap Savage Roar's scaling. Make it buff 3 random minions for +2 attack or something. That would make the FoN+SR combo deal a flat 12 damage, whether you have extra minions on the board or not. This is in line with other 2 card burst damage combos (double Fireball, Grom + Task, etc.).

But knowing Blizzard, they will probably just nerf the card into unplayability.

ViviOggi

When I play Druid, I keep Force of Nature and Savage Roar in my mulligan 100%, and then just try to have something to play in the early game, doesn't matter what. I don't care if I give up a turn or two in the early game, if I get the combo my chances are pretty damn good.
I mean Combo is stupid broken but that's because a) Druid's curve cheats out big minions which will hit face a bunch of times and b) it scales with the board. It's not like Secredin which usually keeps Balancer and then draws into a guaranteed curve, Druid runs a lot of 4+ drops and ramp cards so you can end up with the infamous "bad Druid player" hands quite easily. On the flipside between Lore, Wrath and Drakes you're bound to draw into the combo eventually.

That's not even getting into the fact that all the aggro decks won't ever let you get to turn 9 when you whiff multiple early drops. Sounds like a surefire way of lowering your winrate tbh.

Zemm

That really isn't the best way to play it though, you want innervate, wild growth, maybe a shredder etc in your opening hand.

I'm interested, but don't think I'll have the time. I've been playing around with the draft tool a bit and it is really cool. makes me wish they would implement a sealed format in the client some day.
It would be such a money-maker. 1000g or $10 entry fee, and you get to open 10 packs worth of cards for the new set + use the game's entire basic and classic uncommons. Winner gets entry fee back, second place gets half, etc. People would do it just for the chance at 10 free packs, but if you did something like a 16-man tournament, double elimination, Blizzard would make a ton of cash.

Apathy

I agree. I'd like to see them just cap Savage Roar's scaling. Make it buff 3 random minions for +2 attack or something. That would make the FoN+SR combo deal a flat 12 damage, whether you have extra minions on the board or not. This is in line with other 2 card burst damage combos (double Fireball, Grom + Task, etc.).

But knowing Blizzard, they will probably just nerf the card into unplayability.

If bloodlust cost 5 for +3, Savage roar should at lest be 4 for +2 to begin with. If they changed it to hit 3 random minions they would gave to do the same to lust. Realistically they shouldn't allow it to stack with a second roar.

Just dropped Kezan Mystic on a Hunter stealing his freezing trap, just got a continuous stream of taunting from him until he conceded a few turns later.

I never knew salt could taste so good.

Pooya

Of all the cards that will be gone, death's bite is the only one that hurts. Notably because Blizzard hasn't printed a single decent weapon since coghammer.

We're talking about argent lance, charged hammer ( this one isn't that bad honsetly), poisoned blade, ogre warmaul and cursed blade. Now you have to wonder if they're going to print a decent weapon again.

The other thing is that warrior relies a lot on that whirlwind. Not just for clearing, for enraging, for drawing cards, for activating execute, for gaining armor. It really should have been a basic card as warrior basic cards are mostly just trash compared with other classes and it's a key to all the class synergies to function on a basic level. Gorehowl can't really replace it. Whatever we get has to have a whirlwind attached which makes it like a copy of death's bite... that makes me think that we're not getting that.

I'm starting to enjoy my Elise patron deck quite a bit and it would work perfectly fine in standard....except for death's bite.

Even if we get something, it's going to go away in two years and we need something else again that performs the same function.

I feel like Ratsmah is getting sniped like nobody has been sniped before, just runs into back to back golden pallys at 1-0 and 1-1.

Btw I hope we get some mage and Warlock weapons in the next set, they can be zero damage but have some cool effects instead.

Edit: rofl yeah he's getting sniped hardcore, this is really sad.

ViviOggi

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿) This is the 1-3 police, ratsmah you're coming with us (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿) .

ViviOggi

wpeqwEy.png

iMhSJpr.png

It's literally not possible to get to 1-2 with that kind of a mage deck unless you're brain damaged, which this guy clearly isn't.

I know it's "expected behaviour" but it really disgusts me that there's people out there saving up their top tier decks for these occasions, what does it even prove? That you're an asshole?
Doesn't he have a delay?

Don't think he does, even then it's not that hard to queue up when he does.

CoolOff

How does this stream sniping work?

You have a deck ready with the same result as the guy you're sniping, then you just queue up at the same time and hope you get matched together.

For example, the Mage might have had 1-0, then quickly conceded two games when he saw ratsmah going towards 1-2.

Heropon

You have a deck ready with the same result as the guy you're sniping, then you just queue up at the same time and hope you get matched together.

For example, the Mage might have had 1-0, then quickly conceded two games when he saw ratsmah going towards 1-2.

Wow, this kind of people should get a life.

Also consider the fact that there's probably several people trying to do this every match. Happens to every big HS streamer, I wouldn't be able to handle it if it was me. Kripp even intentionally doesn't draft cards that are susceptible to getting sniped like betrayal and MC tech if he can help it.

The most disgusting people are the ones who watch the stream to keep tabs on what cards they drew so they can "out play" them.

gutshot

I won against Hafu once. Didn't check her stream until afterwards. :3

Yeah, I beat ratsmah in Arena once. Pulled up the stream just to confirm it was really him, then immediately closed it. I don't even know why you would want to stream snipe. It takes away the satisfaction of beating a pro/streamer.

Tarazet

That really isn't the best way to play it though, you want innervate, wild growth, maybe a shredder etc in your opening hand.

I probably should have clarified, I don't mulligan for the combo. I just don't throw the pieces out. Most games are too fast to risk not getting them. The exception is that if I'm against Priest, that game is not going to be over in 10 turns, so I'm going to throw them out to get Shredder and Wrath.

Xanathus

I probably should have clarified, I don't mulligan for the combo. I just don't throw the pieces out. Most games are too fast to risk not getting them. The exception is that if I'm against Priest, that game is not going to be over in 10 turns, so I'm going to throw them out to get Shredder and Wrath.

That's really the exact opposite of how you should be playing Druid...

Intrigue

Banned
i'm running some misdirection hunter tonight, except i subbed in captain greenskin for arcane golem. i don't see why you wouldn't, greenskin makes eaglehorn bow even more amazing

bPKR2Gn.png

i almost want more traps just to make EHB super OP but i'm not sure. tracking is pretty slick cos you can drop it after EHB and snipe greenskin and things like that.

i think i'm gonna experiment with a -1 abusive +1 freezing trap

Haha, that is funny.

I'm on your friends list SwedeInKC

Ladekabel

Fuck Unstable Portal! First I was kinda sad that the card leaves Standard but now it can die in a hellfire! In the last two days my opponent got a BGH out of it when I had my Rag on the board.

Haines

Banned
I wouldnt expect in terms of announcements very soon. They just made some massive ones. They are probably reading everyones opinions and putting the final touches on before PR start hitting. They said they dont even know if they are keeping the special unlockable minions in standard, so they are still figuring this new hearthstone out.

I hope that they dont hold back with the balance changes, but its hard to trust blizzard. They havent exactly earned it quite yet,

Top Bottom