• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

It's impressive how annoying people can be without any real chat options. When we both know you've lost why do people feel the need to drag their turns out as long as possible?

Blizzard, give me a mode where the turns are sped up. I'm impatient and tired of waiting for people who take forever on the early rounds.

Fireblend

Banned
Fuck Unstable Portal! First I was kinda sad that the card leaves Standard but now it can die in a hellfire! In the last two days my opponent got a BGH out of it when I had my Rag on the board.

It often wins me games in the most ridiculous ways. Yesterday it gave me a SI:7 when I was 2 off lethal against a warrior lol

Intrigue

Banned
It's impressive how annoying people can be without any real chat options. When we both know you've lost why do people feel the need to drag their turns out as long as possible?

Auto squelch should be an option as well.

Seems to be the norm nowdays, running into a couple clowns that will go thru 75% of the rope and do emotes the entire time.

I just squelch them but annoying to have to do it so often.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Just dropped Kezan Mystic on a Hunter stealing his freezing trap, just got a continuous stream of taunting from him until he conceded a few turns later.

I never knew salt could taste so good.

There are a few classes that insta trigger me when they taunt. Hunter, mage, and priest, they are just way too fucking smug.

I've grown to like arena a lot, I don't even want to touch ladder anymore, as long as I have enough for entry. Hell i'll even pay for it.

You still vs a lot of bullshit, but it feels like less bullshit lol.

I actually like even noz is played. Thinking in your feet that fast is fun
It'd be fine if animations didn't fuck it up completely, card is broken. I don't get why you need to see an animation for every point of damage that frothing berserker gains for example, on top of that almost every animation takes slightly too long to play out which adds up and becomes extremely annoying when you're roping.

Intrigue

Banned
It'd be fine if animations didn't fuck it up completely, card is broken. I don't get why you need to see an animation for every point of damage that frothing berserker gains for example, on top of that almost every animation takes slightly too long to play out which adds up and becomes extremely annoying when you're roping.

Or secret pally trigger,

Just add a knife juggler on top of that and its half a turn.

Zemm

Blizzard, give me a mode where the turns are sped up. I'm impatient and tired of waiting for people who take forever on the early rounds.

I've been saying this since release. It's worse if you use Dectracker because it tracks the time for each persons turn. My turns are always (literally 100%) half the time of the other persons every single game, it feels like people don't think about their next turn until it is their next turn.

"I will say that in general, when we look at ensuring the Standard format is a dynamically changing environment, I think we have to look at changing the Druid cards," he said. "Because so many of the cards in their decks are from the basic sets, kind of unevenly from every other class in the game. All of its power right now stems from the classic sets, so it’s hard for us to make new cards that are more appealing to Druid players than those basic cards. So we’re definitely looking at those."

That said, he doesn't want to threaten the "soul of the card," as he puts it. "Our ideal is that we want to change the fewest unique elements of a card. We don't want to change cards so they're unrecognizable."

Don't worry guys, Druid will still have a soul, just hopefully a chargeless soul.

Quote is from Brode, probably should mention that.

gutshot

Nozdormu is busted. Should be removed from the game.

Is Unearthed Raptor still broke?

Yeah, the animations are always going to be a problem with Noz in its current form. I think they should change the card to this.

Rr2ncTS.png

Then you wouldn't even need to nerf FoN+SR!

Lyng

Don't worry guys, Druid will still have a soul, just hopefully a chargeless soul.

Quote is from Brode, probably should mention that.

I just hope they dont just nerf druid to the ground. Remove the combo but let druid be viable outside of straight up aggro bullshit. Give us old school ramp back.

Couple more quotes from this article that I found interesting.

The changes don't necessarily just apply to regular play, either. Brode said they're open to toying with formats the Arena mode as well.

"It’s something we could be changing more frequently even, we could experiment with an all Grand Tournament Arena. The way Arena is set up we already mess with the percentages on the new stuff so you actually get to see it in the Arena, since there are so many other cards there."

Finally, while not related to the format change, we had to wonder if Blizzard had given up on introducing new heroes. The game introduced three alternate portraits last year, but since then has gone entirely silent about the addition of new ones.

"I think you’ll hear about new heroes in the not-too-distant future," Brode said. "We definitely haven’t given up on them, it’s something we think is exciting. We just haven’t made any new ones yet."

Haines

Banned

I jumped into learning magic and people were even worse at some sealed, and fmn etc. At least in hearthstone you know they can only go so long.

Nozdormu ladder, should be fun. let's get nuts.
I got one out of confessor paletress last night, rope started as the animation cloud was happeneing and i was so confused at first. It was fun tho, and why i like some rng in hearthstone. The suprises can be fun sometimes

Ive been tinkering a djinni priest last few days. One of my favorite cards, but theres some very good reasons its essentially unplayable. When it works tho, you kind of just win.

It would be such a money-maker. 1000g or $10 entry fee, and you get to open 10 packs worth of cards for the new set + use the game's entire basic and classic uncommons. Winner gets entry fee back, second place gets half, etc. People would do it just for the chance at 10 free packs, but if you did something like a 16-man tournament, double elimination, Blizzard would make a ton of cash.
I see it a bit different. Have options where you can play in a 2 to 16 person tournament. Set tournament entries (all in gold coins of course) that range from 1 coin to 25? 50? 100?

Once everyone is registered, each entrant gets to open 25 packs of cards. You may only use these cards for the tournament. They go away once the tournament is over.

Out of the 125 cards you must make 2 decks (you can use your cards twice if needed) that will be used during the round. If you win, you move to the next round where you get to open 5 more packs and again, make 2 more decks. You do this until all players are eliminated but 1. You have a certain payout schedule where the top 4 players get a return of golden coins.

I'm sure this format needs severe tweaking but you get the idea. Then again....maybe I just play too much online poker.

Mixed2k

Poor little ship's cannon never got his chance to shine in some overpowered pirate deck.
Any other "good" GvG cards that never saw their full potential because their synergies weren't there ?

Poor little ship's cannon never got his chance to shine in some overpowered pirate deck.
Any other "good" GvG cards that never saw their full potential because their synergies weren't there ?

Troggzor and the other Troggs
Malorne
Gahz'rilla
Gallywix
Iron Juggernaut
Mech-Bear-Cat
Metaltooth Leaper
Fel Cannon
Anima Golem
Neptulon
Recombobulator
Foe Reaper
Toshley, but I think he saw some play
Upgraded Repair Bot
Iron Sensei
Warbot
Screwjank Clunker

Mostly mech cards stuck in classes that would never run mech decks.

For Naxx...well, almost every card in Naxx saw some modicum of play except for Nerub'ar Weblord, Maexxna, Stoneskin Gargoyle, Anub'ar Ambusher and Poison Seeds.

Ship's cannon probably had the most latent potential to become insane besides Gallywix. Knife Juggler is strong, yes. Now imagine If there was a Muster for Pirates or Pirate-splosion card Ships' Cannon would be ridiculous.

Tarazet

Ship's Cannon was OP as fuck in that Tavern Brawl where you got a deck full of pirates and discovered a card each turn.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Yes, took down a warrior with a reno, dr boom, grommash and rag as a priest. Played that game out of my mind, and he never got me down past 20.

Edit: Hah, funny, some rogue just burgled me, so i mind visioned back and got a light bomb, a card I dont even have in my collection

Yup, gang up times 2 on an antique healbot, comepletely not broken. No one at blizzard tests for shit.

I once beat a mill rogue with their own fatigue after they ganged up six healbots. Powerful, but not broken.

Apathy

Of I can save a card, it's a toss up between Belcher and loatheb. Loatheb is such a helpful card and can find a home in so many decks (and slows down those pesky mages). Belcher more cause it literally could be in any deck.

I see it a bit different. Have options where you can play in a 2 to 16 person tournament. Set tournament entries (all in gold coins of course) that range from 1 coin to 25? 50? 100?

Once everyone is registered, each entrant gets to open 25 packs of cards. You may only use these cards for the tournament. They go away once the tournament is over.

Out of the 125 cards you must make 2 decks (you can use your cards twice if needed) that will be used during the round. If you win, you move to the next round where you get to open 5 more packs and again, make 2 more decks. You do this until all players are eliminated but 1. You have a certain payout schedule where the top 4 players get a return of golden coins.

I'm sure this format needs severe tweaking but you get the idea. Then again....maybe I just play too much online poker.
I think a 2 person tournament is pretty silly, but otherwise I find your idea to be a worthwhile alternative.

Trade prince for sure. Probably the one card from gvg that I would want to save and move into classic.

I think it would be cool if they didn't phase out the class legendaries. Despite how broken of a set GvG was the class legendaries were generally designed pretty well. The best one out of all of them is probably Mal'Ganis and without Voidcaller it isn't as ridiculous. After that it's Neptulon and Vol'jin which are far from broken as well.

I think a 2 person tournament is pretty silly, but otherwise I find your idea to be a worthwhile alternative.
Tournament would probably not be the correct term. I just think it would be interesting if you could challenge someone on your friends list to a dual. Each put in 25 gold, open 25 packs to create your decks. Winner take all double elimination. The salt would be spectacular.

Malice215

I'm not a fan of Blizz's approach of ditching everything that wasn't released in the last two calendar years for Standard instead of just focusing directly on the problematic cards.

I really hope that they don't screw this game up.

Any suggestions on decent cheap decks that don't require Naxx or GvG?

I went and bought LOE instead of Naxx because of the news last week. Also dumped 700 gold on the first wing of Blackrock. I haven't touched ranked because I'm still just messing around with my limited selection of cards. I'd like to be able to hold my own though even without the soon to be phased stuff.

I've been really enjoying Druid lately. I switched from mage after reading that he doesn't rely on the wild stuff in a lot of his decks. Cheers.

ViviOggi

I went and bought LOE instead of Naxx because of the news last week. Also dumped 700 gold on the first wing of Blackrock. I haven't touched ranked because I'm still just messing around with my limited selection of cards. I'd like to be able to hold my own though even without the soon to be phased stuff.

I've been really enjpying Druid lately. I switched from mage after reading that he doesn't rely on the wild stuff in a lot of his decks. Cheers.
You could MAYBE try a ghetto version of Lifecoach's Slow Miracle Rogue. You need Preps and a bunch of classic rares, anything else is expendable for low- to mid tier ranked play. Thalnos can be replaced with that spell damage gnoll, Boom with another big drop, Belchers with a good 5 (maybe the 4/6 weaponsmith thing), and Edwin with something like Farseer.

Probably not viable if you're super new but neither is Druid. In that case Mage is the go-to struggle class. Either way casual is more or less pointless, ranked is the exact same thing.

Tarazet

You could MAYBE try a ghetto version of Lifecoach's Slow Miracle Rogue. You need Preps and a bunch of classic rares, anything else is expendable for low- to mid tier ranked play. Thalnos can be replaced with that spell damage gnoll, Boom with another big drop, Belchers with a good 5 (maybe the 4/6 weaponsmith thing), and Edwin with something like Farseer.

Probably not viable if you're super new but neither is Druid. In that case Mage is the go-to struggle class. Either way casual is more or less pointless, ranked is the exact same thing.

Belcher is needed as an anti-rush tool. Taz'dingo or Evil Heckler would be better. Also, the deck is pretty difficult to play well. I've played a good bit of miracle and you never stop second-guessing yourself.

Much appreciated, I'll definitely look into it.

I guess I should transition to ranked. My impression was that casual leaned less towards meta decks which is where I'm at now. I highly doubt I'll be facing Renolocks or secret Pallys at the bottom of the bottom tier but I'd still like to be comfortable with a deck that utilizes the options I have available.

Thanks again.

Apathy

I've been really enjoying Druid lately. I switched from mage after reading that he doesn't rely on the wild stuff in a lot of his decks. Cheers.

First wing of Blackrock gets you Grim Patrol, Gang Up and Resurrect plus Emperor for the wing and Quick Shot and Dragon's Breath from the class challenges.

With LoE, you got some Unearth Raptor. That and Gang Up you might be able to make a rogue deck

Much appreciated, I'll definitely look into it.

I guess I should transition to ranked. My impression was that casual leaned less towards meta decks which is where I'm at now. I highly doubt I'll be facing Renolocks or secret Pallys at the bottom of the bottom tier but I'd still like to be comfortable with a deck that utilizes the options I have available.

Thanks again.

Even with a bad deck you can get to 20 for your card back and some rewards in Ranked. Since people can't go back down past 20 (and you can't get lower than any rank from 25-20 when you pass it) it will just take some time and you won't have the people that farm for gold down there. The more you play and win the more gold the more you can buy decks with

ViviOggi

Belcher is needed as an anti-rush tool. Taz'dingo or Evil Heckler would be better. Also, the deck is pretty difficult to play well. I've played a good bit of miracle and you never stop second-guessing yourself.
Nah, the 4 mana slot is stacked as is and both Teacher and Pillager are irreplaceable in this list.

And yeah, Rogue is one of the more difficult classes but also arguably the most dynamic and enjoyable one. You indeed face the lost discipline of decision-making every turn. Generally I wouldn't oversell deck difficulty in a children's card game like Hearthstone though, it has only ever seen two truly demanding decks in Patron and classic Miracle (and they both got rekt by Blizz). Like, there's certainly pretty big differences in skill ceiling between certain decks. Roughly top tier lists are full autopilot right now while tier 2 and lower is a bit different. But as far as skill floor goes there's no deck you can't wrap your head around within a week or two well enough to get decent results.

Speaking of Miracle Rogue, what if they make Auctioneer 5 mana again? Leeroy is still 5 mana and no more Spare Parts in Standard!

I'm so glad I got to the topof the page with a dumb post.

Top Bottom