• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Apathy

My elise deck now doesn't even want to give me my elise, let a lone the monkey

I entomb - bottom of my deck
My opponent entombs - the very next one they draw

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I got the Mill Rogue groove going now. I think I'm 6-1 now. It's one of those things where people just go "What. The. Fuck." and winning is all but guaranteed as long as they don't pick F'ing 10 Unstable Portals.

manhack

I feel like a lot of these Brawl mechanics, when they introduce spell buffs tend to benefit tempo mage so much that it punishes playing anything else.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if they could implement some of the fates as secrets. Especially if it was some sort of secret.

Dire Fate Secret: If you have less then 10HP at the start of your turn, pick a dire fate.

greepoman

I just wanna complain about dark peddler for a sec...I mean wtf blizz. In a vacuum it's not overpowered but I mean you already have a class with great low mana drops and great card draw....let's give them more of both in one card! Spread the love to other classes who actually need some good low mana minions.

manhack

I just wanna complain about dark peddler for a sec...I mean wtf blizz. In a vacuum it's not overpowered but I mean you already have a class with great low mana drops and great card draw....let's give them more of both in one card! Spread the love to other classes who actually need some good low mana minions.

Yeah dark peddler is an amazingly good card. Will be interesting to see if the expand on the Discover theme in the new expansion. Would not be surprised if the "Fate" mechanic in this weeks' Tavern Brawl is part of the new expansion. If so it will probably be toned down slightly, but it seems Discover and Fate could make running out of cards a thing of the past.

Apathy

wow, i mulligan my whole hand just to get the exact same cards back in the same order.

The armor one is so much fun vs a hunter, completely negates their hero power

fertygo

Just win a game after I stop give damage to my opponent at 21 hp so he not getting his 2nd fate, and deliver lethal at next turn, his hand too full of coin and banana so he can't do anything.

Apathy

The murloc makes it no fun.

My opponent gets an ironbark and neptulon from the portals, I get shit. and a guardian of kings, oh shit, I am still at 2 portals for the whole game, hes at 8.

One of opponents had a good idea, playing warlock and picking armor, so he could life time all he wanted. we went into fatigue 15.

I was thinking of maybe a rogue deck with vancleef + coins or bananas

Apathy

Unstable portal giveth and Unstable portal taketh. From getting a wisp the other game to getting deathwing in this one. Balanced Portal indeed

manhack

iGEUWps.png

Quick overview of what I've been seeing the start of the season.

Warlock no surprise at #1. Good match up for rogue, so no complaints.

Mage and Paladin Close for #2 and #3 spots. I always seem to play a lot more mage than other people though.

Apathy

I was wrong, fuck that card, my opponent got a cobra, greenskin, acidmaw and a northshire cleric when I had taunts up. Fuck that card

Edit: have had some fun with rogue, lock, warrior (my second lowest class), and mage with different combinations. Up to 11 wins already, going to be doing a lot of this brawl.

ViviOggi

When will these silly Priests learn that in a control vs control game dropping the monkey first is a losing play?

Hopefully never actually, smooth sailing for me

Shiver

Maly Rogue was kinda fun. First game I face what I think is a freeze mage. Then boom, drops four moltens on one turn. I play malygos and clear with deadly+blade flurry (and trigger ice block). He gets two more moltens from duplicate that he puts down and a second ice block. I clear again with second deadly+flurry and he concedes.

Most fun game I've played on ranked in a long time.

Mulgrok

playing a deathrattle shaman deck at rank 17 for shits and giggles. Just beat a control warrior in a game that went into fatigue. brawl was his last card and once he used it I put down Rivendare, nerubian egg, and double ancestral healinged the egg. He conceded. :p

EDIT: boring as hell though and took forever.

manhack

Maly Rogue was kinda fun. First game I face what I think is a freeze mage. Then boom, drops four moltens on one turn. I play malygos and clear with deadly+blade flurry (and trigger ice block). He gets two more moltens from duplicate that he puts down and a second ice block. I clear again with second deadly+flurry and he concedes.

Most fun game I've played on ranked in a long time.

Welcome to the club. I really think some form of Miracle Rogue might be Tier 1 in standard.

Lovin' it.

Pooya

Seeing a lot of Jackiechan hunters on ladder lol. It's apparently good against druid... without kill command, weapons and traps? well, I have a very easy time against these guys. It's good that people are open to try new things but this deck doesn't seem all that good to me in the meta. Someone hitting #1 legend with it doesn't mean it's good for ladder climb now...

Dahbomb

Seeing a lot of Jackiechan hunters on ladder lol. It's apparently good against druid... without kill command, weapons and traps? well, I have a very easy time against these guys. It's good that people are open to try new things but this deck doesn't seem all that good to me in the meta. Someone hitting #1 legend with it doesn't mean it's good for ladder climb now...
That deck sucks, doesn't even have Dr Balanced in it.

Zoo is so monstrous in this meta, prob not gonna ladder with anything but that for a while. Sea giant, PO with void terror, loatheb, I like sea giant, never really used it before but it involves some decisions that make games go hilariously your way when you figure it out right. Just have to play major control without any aoe but this game is so ripe with sticky minions it doesn't matter. Leeroy is sick in it too

Fireblend

Banned
Ok, this Brawl ain't that bad. I got a brawl quest so I thought I might as well give it a go.

I get matched against a Rogue, and we both choose cheap spells. Eventually, I'm able to get Antonidas out and fill my hand with 2-mana fireballs while the Rogue is at 18 health. I'm at 27 and pretty confident about my win, he can turn Antonidas into an Tinyfin if he wants. He chooses the card draw fate, suicides a couple of minions with my Antonidas, topdecks Burgle and I shit you not, gets an Ice Block and an Antonidas of his own. So he plays the secret and has no mana left for Antonidas; I of course know it's Ice Block because what else could it be and leave him with one HP. Next turn, he gets Antonidas out and leaves me with a grand total of 3 HP. I'm fairly sure he wasn't playing prep (or he got really unlucky and didn't draw one all match), if he had he would have easily won with an extra fireball. He'd also been very liberal with his eviscerates in the early game, he had none left by that last turn.

Craziest Burgle I've seen yet.

I'm about 95 wins away from my first golden character (Paladin) but I just can't take playing Secret Pally anymore so I switched up decks for this month. Last night I went with an Escavated Monkey Priest and holy cow its fun. You actually have options instead of just playing the same minions on curve. Also, Museum Curator is very powerful. I don't know how many deathrattle minions will be cycling out come Standard, but right now, there are a whole bunch of solid choices. It really helps to fill out your curve until you can get Elise out.

Anyone have a list of the deathrattle cards which will be leaving the scene?

Dahbomb

I'm just waiting for the Chakki version
So just that list with Worgens.

Anyone have a list of the deathrattle cards which will be leaving the scene?
Off the top of my head:

Deathlord
Unstable Ghoul
Dancing Swords
Nerubian Egg
Haunted Creeper
Sludge Belcher
Death's Bite
Piloted Shredder
Web Spinner
Zombie Chow
Fuegan/Stalagg
Mad Scientist
Piloted Sky Golem
Sneeds Old Shredder
Dark Cultist
Malorne
Void Caller
Toshley
Clockwork Gnome
Explosive Sheep
Mechanical Yeti
Powermace
Boom Bots

As I type this I am staggered by how much Deathrattle cards dominate the meta.

Off the top of my head:

Deathlord
Unstable Ghoul
Dancing Swords
Nerubian Egg
Haunted Creeper
Sludge Belcher
Death's Bite
Piloted Shredder
Web Spinner
Zombie Chow
Fuegan/Stalagg
Mad Scientist
Piloted Sky Golem
Sneeds Old Shredder
Dark Cultist
Malorne
Void Caller
Toshley
Clockwork Gnome
Explosive Sheep
Mechanical Yeti
Powermace
Boom Bots

Aoe will dominate it if they go away doe

Off the top of my head:

Deathlord
Unstable Ghoul
Dancing Swords
Nerubian Egg
Haunted Creeper
Sludge Belcher
Death's Bite
Piloted Shredder
Web Spinner
Zombie Chow
Fuegan/Stalagg
Mad Scientist
Piloted Sky Golem
Sneeds Old Shredder
Dark Cultist
Malorne
Void Caller
Toshley
Clockwork Gnome
Explosive Sheep
Mechanical Yeti
Powermace
Boom Bots

wow. that really hurts Priest decks. I don't see how they will be able to add THAT many deathrattle cards in the next expansion. Blizzard is in for a real challenge.

wow. that really hurts Priest decks. I don't see how they will be able to add THAT many deathrattle cards in the next expansion. Blizzard is in for a real challenge.

There are still some really strong deathrattles that you can get, and since there are so few left, you'll almost always get offered Cairne or Sylvanas.

The actual list of deathrattles available to Priests in Standard (obviously excluding any deathrattles included in the new set):

Abomination
Anubisath Sentinel
Thalnos
Cairne
Chillmaw
Harvest Golem
Huge Toad
Leper Gnome
Loot Hoarder
Majordomo
Sylvanas
The Beast
Skeleton Knight
Wobbling Runts

Unless I missed any, that's 14. Cairne and Sylvanas are the best choices, Leper Gnome, Harvest Golem, and Huge Toad are all fine. Thalnos and Loot Hoarder cycle themselves. Abomination is great if you're up against a Zoo type of deck. Chillmaw is great if you're running dragons. It looks like the only really bad choices are Skeleton Knight, The Beast, and Majordomo.

Apathy

Deathlord, no :(

He's screwed me a few times but usually it was OK. Aggro decks are going to fuck up priests with him and sludge leaving.

that the camel hunter? I honestly thought that was a joke deck b/c of him going from like rank 100 to 1 in one game

Dahbomb

I think Priest losing Lightbomb is the bigger deal. Most of those Deathrattle cards hurt Priest because they were so hard to control.

Apathy

I just realized what the most egregious issue I have with this whole game, and it didn't click till now. It's not some of the OP cards, or bullshit rng, no, none of that. It's that paladin's are yellow coloured and rogues are black instead of following the wow colour scheme of rogues being yellow and paladins pink.

Use the fate that gives all minions windfury. Then I use the Hounds card, yet none of them get windfury, so I get rekt. Would be nice if the cards explained things better.

Top Bottom