• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Standard can't come soon enough

4L6L3Kr.jpg

Apathy

i thought you gave somebody else the password to your account so they could change it? I dont understand why you keep playing this game, rage and then post about it when you couldve easily walked away multiple times

Hey, don't take away the fun of yoshi rage

Fireblend

Banned
So, I just saw a very convincing leak in spanish.

Apparently Standard would be coming next week and the new expansion late April.

134 new cards, 16 of which will interact with the Old God cards, apparently buffing them?

Fireblend

Banned
That leak doesn't make any sense because Standard is super unbalanced without any new cards and nerfs and they can't apply nerfs until the Winter tourneys are over.

The pictures look believable, I thought it'd be worth mentioning :p it's still obviously unconfirmed.

gutshot

That leak doesn't make any sense because Standard is super unbalanced without any new cards and nerfs and they can't apply nerfs until the Winter tourneys are over.

I think that might just be a translation error. It says in parenthesis "designed for new players" so I'm guessing that is referring to the Deck Recipes patch which we know is coming very soon.

What I can tell from a bad google translation it sounds like old god cards will increase in power over time similar to Gruul or shade of naxx. There is also something about spawning minions and costing 10 mana.

gutshot

Nah, I'm sure of what I'm reading, spanish is my first language. If not it's written in a really misleading way.

Oh ok. Well I guess it makes sense for them to give away one god and some cards that synergize with him, if that mechanic is core to the expansion. I'm assuming all the gods are legendaries, so having to hope you get one in a pack before even being able to mess around at all with the new mechanic would be frustrating.

Fireblend

Banned
So, even I as a native speaker can't exactly figure out what the Old Gods mechanics are.

It seems like there are some minions that will have to be played in a deck along with the Old Gods, and whenever they're played, they're "buffing in advance" the Old God minion which will cot 10 mana. So, if you played 3 of these special minions before playing the 10 mana one, the effect will be weaker than if you played 5 of those minions throughout the game.

This is some serious extrapolation, take it with a grain of salt.

Pooya

next week?! damn nice, I don't even care about the cards.

Sounds like you have to build your deck around gods. they are probably really strong otherwise it would be just gimmick. C'thun sounds awful though, 10 mana 6/6 that gets buffed, so what it just eats one hard removal, there should be more to it.

A 10 6/6 that goes up over time does not seem great

I'm sure their effect won't be as simple as "gain +1/+1", I doubt you'll be able to get rid of them with a simple Polymorph or Execute.

Or, you shouldn't be able to anyway.

Edit: Also, having standard and the release of the new set be so far apart seems like a huge mistake, just taking away cards doesn't seem very fun or interesting.

gutshot

Also, apparently this article is from the Argentinian version of ESPN, which only just recently began covering esports. It's possible some of the details are not only getting lost in translation from Spanish to English, but also lost in the translation from game devs trying to explain this expansion to a non-gamer journalist.

Pooya

If they nerf the cards wouldn't it mess with winter championship? When does that end? Probably that's when patch comes out.

Apathy

I'm sure their effect won't be as simple as "gain +1/+1", I doubt you'll be able to get rid of them with a simple Polymorph or Execute.

I would hope some legendaries come out with the "elusive" buff (even though it ruins the art of the cards). Would also help if BGH gets nerfed to not be an instant kill

gutshot

This bit is also interesting:

The whispers of the Gods also contaminated to various minions, which now have different characteristics to those of before.

Does that mean old cards will be reprinted with different text?

I'm hoping they introduce a new mechanic for the old gods that make them similar to their raid encounters in WoW. I was thinking the old gods spawn tentacles minions that must be killed and the old god is immune to everything until the tentacles are dealt with.

I'm hoping they introduce a new mechanic for the old gods that make them similar to their raid encounters in WoW. I was thinking the old gods spawn tentacles minions that must be killed and the old god is immune to everything until the tentacles are dealt with.

It depends on how complicated they want to get. If they wanted to replicate Old God or their servants raid encounters they would probably have to Yu-Gi-Oh it

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, if the "Standard" patch is hitting next week, does that mean we are getting our Nerfs next week? Surely they aren't going to rotate out GvG and Naxx a full month before WotOG hits.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So, if the "Standard" patch is hitting next week, does that mean we are getting our Nerfs next week? Surely they aren't going to rotate out GvG and Naxx a full month before WotOG hits.
If we take it at face value, I'd expect both Naxx/GvG being moved out and the nerfs, and then a month later we get the new cards.

gutshot

Will there be anyone who buys packs for real money if the release date is correct? I'm already up over 2k gold saved and will likely have at least double that by May. And I know I'm on the lower end of what many of you already have stashed.

Pooya

Giving free cards isn't exactly unusual. LoE had free cards too in a way. It's the first time the game is seeing major changes and some players are bitter about 'losing' cards, everytime there is a first for hearthstone they gave away free stuff. Like first wing of Naxx for first adventure, free GvG packs for first expansion etc.

Top Bottom