• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Apathy

Will there be anyone who buys packs for real money if the release date is correct? I'm already up over 2k gold saved and will likely have at least double that by May. And I know I'm on the lower end of what many of you already have stashed.

I'd spend all my gold and maybe like 40 packs with money

RNG in this game can go blow me, my opponent uses arcane missles twice and all of them hit my deathlord

So, even I as a native speaker can't exactly figure out what the Old Gods mechanics are.

It seems like there are some minions that will have to be played in a deck along with the Old Gods, and whenever they're played, they're "buffing in advance" the Old God minion which will cot 10 mana. So, if you played 3 of these special minions before playing the 10 mana one, the effect will be weaker than if you played 5 of those minions throughout the game.

This is some serious extrapolation, take it with a grain of salt.

So sort of like Bolvar getting a buff from minions dying while he's in hand or Knight of the Wild getting cost reduction for each beast played. 10 mana is still too much to pay for a minion unless it has a ridiculous effect. Varian is 10 mana and has a ridiculous effect and is still too slow to play.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I'd be happy to get nerfs/patch next week, but man I don't want to wait another month and a half for the next set. Holy hell.

Pooya

Their FAQ stated that standard arrives with the new set, I'm still skeptical of that part in the article, could be a mis translation on their part. It's also possible things have changed since.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm sure their effect won't be as simple as "gain +1/+1", I doubt you'll be able to get rid of them with a simple Polymorph or Execute.

Or, you shouldn't be able to anyway.

Edit: Also, having standard and the release of the new set be so far apart seems like a huge mistake, just taking away cards doesn't seem very fun or interesting.

I'm guessing you may get something like a Minion that acts as a counter spell if its in hand, if the spell targeted an old god. Then you can discard the card after the effect procs, for that Tiny Knight of Evil syengery!

More random guesses, I'm betting 10-12 of the minions that buff Gods to be neutrals, and a few select classes to get a single card that also does it too (Like Warlock, Warrior, and Priest). I'm guessing there is only going to be a one or two spells that do it, and maybe a weapon.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm guessing you may get something like a Minion that acts as a counter spell if its in hand, if the spell targeted an old god. Then you can discard the card after the effect procs, for that Tiny Knight of Evil syengery!

More random guesses, I'm betting 10-12 of the minions that buff Gods to be neutrals, and a few select classes to get a single card that also does it too (Like Warlock, Warrior, and Priest). I'm guessing there is only going to be a one or two spells that do it, and maybe a weapon.

Yeah, historically tribes have been overwhelmingly neutrals with one or two key cards that define that class' variant.

Ben Brode was also noting that they want to continue to push the power cards into classes, so they need ideas like this for neutrals more than ever assuming they want any to get used.

Aww shucks...

We got leaks!

There was a zero percent chance they'd keep a secret with a two day embargo. I have no idea what they were thinking.

Apathy

I was thinking about cultists (not the one currently in game just in general). What if you get minion cards that specifically lower the cost of God cards because they are chanting to them, and if they lower the cost of the god, when the god is played the cultist are sacrificed

Dahbomb

No way in hell they push out Standard without nerfs.

Otherwise it will be Druids with Shaman all over the place just like that tournament that happened recently. Would actually be worse than Wild format.

Owzers

So you just want nobody to comment on an article published today claiming to have information? Just ignore it? I don't understand what the point of your post is.

Surprises! We're too close for speculation, much like news channels that want to run pre-debate coverage hours before the debate or pre-draft coverage.

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah, if the "standard first, expansion later" thing is true, I expect them the nerfs to come with the first one. No way are we just getting Naxx and GvG taken away with no other change.

But hey, that tournament everyone said wasn't really Standard is actually going to have been a great Standard preview! haha.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think this mechanic could be pretty good. You stick the new keyword (Worshiper? I'm going to call it Worshiper for now) on early game minions, so that way when you are stuck with them in the late game, they are still useful.

So you can have something like a 2/3 Paladin 2 drop that has the text "Worshiper: At the start of your turn, give a random God Divine Shield".

Pooya

They just randomly dropped 'deck recipes' news. There is obviously something being released next week (or soon), long before the next set comes out.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm still thinking they just screwed up communicating, and it is going to be the Standard Nerfs first, and the main standard mode won't come out until WotOG.

That, or Blizzard just wants to Yolo it and watch people play gimpy TGT inspire decks.

Tagyhag

I'm more excited about Standard mode than I am the new expansion. It'll just be nice making 9 new decks.

Standard can't come soon enough

Breh, Hearthstone will always have RNG, always. Maybe look into more peaceful games? This doesn't seem like a healthy use of your time.

Ridli

Bleh, this leak is just confusing without more official clarification. Gonna have to distract myself until tomorrow's event.

Apathy

If standard mode comes out and it's not just the nerf, man, it's going to be massive aggro city with no healbots or good taunters to stop them

Acidote

From that Argentinian site's cache and quoting myself from the gaming side:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...rthstone-whispers-old-gods-la-nueva-expansion

So, 134 new cards. Four Old Gods showing up, they were shown C'thun. "The whispers of the old gods affected some minions" so I guess they will be changing certain existing cards related to the Old Gods. Standard next week, expansion by the end of April or first days of May.

The Old Gods supposedly start as 6/6 10 mana cost minions, but there are 16 related minions that empower them. The article is not too well written, but I think they might also have a battlecry that does damage based on the number of those related minions that have been previously played. I think that might be about C'thun only and they're assuming too much about the other old gods based on that.

The rest is pretty much hay and banter.

Dahbomb

If standard mode comes out and it's not just the nerf, man, it's going to be massive aggro city with no healbots or good taunters to stop them
Just going to be Combo Druid and Aggro Shaman with Zoolock of the Battlecry flavor dominating everyone. Will be more imbalanced than Wild is now.

Apathy

Just going to be Combo Druid and Aggro Shaman with Zoolock of the Battlecry flavor dominating everyone. Will be more imbalanced than Wild is now.

Let me go cry in a corner, in fear.

How long before the LoE or TGT did they let people start preordering?Was it only cash preorders at that time or could you pre order with gold as well

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder what kind of nerf BGH will get. Become a 3/2? Kill range uped to 8? Completely new card text?

Maybe make it "Battlecry: Kill a Minion with 8 Attack". No more, no less.

Apathy

I wonder what kind of nerf BGH will get. Become a 3/2? Kill range uped to 8? Completely new card text?

Maybe make it "Battlecry: Kill a Minion with 8 Attack". No more, no less.

Maybe it wont outright kill a huge minion, maybe just do x amount of damage to a big minion. Like say it will only go 6 damage to minions with 7 attack or more. So it might instant kill a few minions but not most.

Fireblend

Banned
Maybe it wont outright kill a huge minion, maybe just do x amount of damage to a big minion. Like say it will only go 6 damage to minions with 7 attack or more. So it might instant kill a few minions but not most.

If your opponent controls a 7 or more attack minion, give your charge minions +1 attack.

:p

sibarraz

Banned
Blizzard contacted a mod from reddit telling him that Standard/Wild will not be released next week, he also confirms that the expansion will be released alongside the new format on late april/early may

In the other hand, next week is the patch with the recipes, and maybe we will see the nerfs of the cards, but since the lore reason of the nerf are the interference from the gods, maybe that will not happen

I wonder if they will change the artwork of those cards?

Top Bottom