• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Lore reasons for nerfs lmao

C'thun whispers: "Yeah it would be great for everyone if you just stopped killing all the 7 attack minions. Maybe do something different. Thanks, we appreciate it."

Pooya

I don't think BGH is all that relevant regarding gods either way. If they want you to build a deck around a 10 mana card, it is probably a win condition by itself not just some big body or with a special battlecry, but just winning the game if conditions are met.

We already have a card like that, it's anyfin can happen. If you play a bunch of murlocs and survive to play anyfin, you win the game. There is hardly a counter at that point, I think gods will be just like that. They are something like Exodia equivalent in Hearthstone I guess but probably not broken.

Apathy

Blizzard contacted a mod from reddit telling him that Standard/Wild will not be released next week, he also confirms that the expansion will be released alongside the new format on late april/early may

In the other hand, next week is the patch with the recipes, and maybe we will see the nerfs of the cards, but since the lore reason of the nerf are the interference from the gods, maybe that will not happen

I wonder if they will change the artwork of those cards?

Just to clarify this is what the mod posted

PSA: I just received word from Blizzard clarifying that the Standard and Wild formats ARE NOT going live with next week's patch. The formats will only be added along with the release of the expansion, which, according to the post (which may or may not be accurate), is late April/early May.

Edit: To clarify, I do not know the release date for the expansion. Blizzard has yet to announce anything about it. If the link in the OP is accurate, then the expansion is indeed April/May. It could very well be earlier or later than that; we just have to wait until we get word from Blizzard. All that I know is that the Standard and Wild formats are releasing along with the expansion, not with the upcoming patch.

So it's still not confirmed if it really will be released in late april or early may until blizzard actually says it.

Apathy

Really hoping for some crazy madness like battlecries out of the Old Gods, like making opponent minions succumb to madness and making them yours

If we are talking about lore reasons for nerfing cards, they really need to stop divine favor from fucking over the old gods completely.

Ten mana? Good luck.

In the other hand, next week is the patch with the recipes, and maybe we will see the nerfs of the cards, but since the lore reason of the nerf are the interference from the gods, maybe that will not happen

Lore reasons, eh. So I guess the cards will be un-nerfed when Old Gods are rotated out. :)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So you just want nobody to comment on an article published today claiming to have information? Just ignore it? I don't understand what the point of your post is.

Speculation over vague, incomplete, and possibly even incorrect info is kind of a waste of time, especially when we know we are getting the full truth in less than 24 hours.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Speculation over vague, incomplete, and possibly even incorrect info is kind of a waste of time, especially when we know we are getting the full truth in less than 24 hours.

You call it a waste, I call it fun. Its the type of stuff that I love to do in online communities.

Dahbomb

Speculation over leaked content is some of the most fun you can have on GAF.

Also I find it hilarious that the Old Gods are going to be nerfing the cards that make them unplayable...

Pooya

Speculation over vague, incomplete, and possibly even incorrect info is kind of the number one reason many register on neogaf...to waste their time :b

ZealousD

I suddenly feel like the old man because I stopped playing the leaked info speculation game years ago, lol.

It's better to manage your expectations, imo. Every once in awhile I see people complaining about their arena rewards at 12 wins, how crappy their Brawl pack was, or that they got a bad epic in their ranked chest. That stuff never bothers me. And it's because I manage my own expectations and my own attitudes. I have no reason to be disappointed if standard doesn't come out next week because I'm taking all this stuff with a grain of salt.

Owzers

ipad hearthstone lag almost cost me the game, it lagged all my moves and made my doomguard play go back in hand for reasons. I only presume this means the expansion is hitting later than expected.

The only class specific mentions are a couple of Druid cards, Ice Block and handlock's giants, I don't know how that's shitting on Shaman more than others.

The Savage Roar nerf makes it strictly better than Bloodlust.

I mean, it's already better than Bloodlust anyway but that change would still be a slap in the face.

I really don't like the idea of having Savage Roar be that similar to Bloodlust, it's not even about it being strictly better, it's just extremely lame for them to be basically the same card except for a minor difference.

Edit: I really can't stand when people say "yeah the card is good but it isn't unbeatable". That's your idea of balance? A card not literally being unbeatable is fine?

Apathy

That proposed changed to juggler reynad has won't really get rid of the issue he has with that card now, which is stupid juggles, which mostly come from summoned minions. Wouldn't it be better to also have the text change to be "played minions" to stop current and future shit like muster and creepers from triggering it.

Apathy

Man Im liking Brain Kibler more and more the dudes just overall positive personality is great.

An old timer that does not rage and his stream isn't full of robotic voices or bad music, and him trying different decks and succeeding. The only time he even gets a tiny little bit miffed is when a keeper of uldaman is played

I want ironbeak owl to be nerfed. Possibly even more than savage roar. Fuck that card.

I like the idea to just have it be Hunter only. If you're not a Shaman/Priest/Hunter/Druid you'll have to use Spellbreaker. A silence for 2 mana available to every single class is just stupid, also the fact that Priest/Shaman/Druid could potentially have Owl AND their own exclusive Silence card.

Apathy

I like the idea to just have it be Hunter only. If you're not a Shaman/Priest/Hunter/Druid you'll have to use Spellbreaker. A silence for 2 mana available to every single class is just stupid, also the fact that Priest/Shaman/Druid could potentially have Owl AND their own exclusive Silence card.

No way, I'm sick that hunters already have the only way to deal with secrets once standard hits

Edit: as in I don't want them to have even more things that should be neutral to deal with aspects of the game

manhack

An old timer that does not rage and his stream isn't full of robotic voices or bad music, and him trying different decks and succeeding. The only time he even gets a tiny little bit miffed is when a keeper of uldaman is played

Yeah I think his perspective as a tournament player and game designer helps keep him on an even keel about so many aspects of Hearthstone that bother other people. It also seems he does focus his dislike on cards that are truly problematic.

ZealousD

Man Im liking Brain Kibler more and more the dudes just overall positive personality is great.

Yeah Kibler is my favorite streamer. Very professional, not salty/whiny, intelligent, speaks very well, very warm and friendly, and often funny. Just an all around great guy.

Apathy

Yeah Kibler is my favorite streamer. Very professional, not salty/whiny, intelligent, speaks very well, very warm and friendly, and often funny. Just an all around great guy.

I like the way he speaks about his thinking process and why he makes choices

Peléo

That proposed changed to juggler reynad has won't really get rid of the issue he has with that card now, which is stupid juggles, which mostly come from summoned minions. Wouldn't it be better to also have the text change to be "played minions" to stop current and future shit like muster and creepers from triggering it.

Definitely, but the Nerf is huge. Juggler has less impact on turn 3 then turn 2, can´t be coined anymore, more expensive to combo with unleash or implosion, etc. KJ is specially poweful when the juggles can kill 1/2 health minions, which is more common, obviously, on the start of the game.

Dahbomb

Did the remove Dr Boom? What is the thread title referencing?
Standard format will arrive this spring! When the momentous moment arrives, you’ll be able to build Standard decks using the following sets:

Basic
Classic
Blackrock Mountain
The Grand Tournament
The League of Explorers
The Spring 2016 Expansion

Curse of Naxxramas and Goblins vs Gnomes will not be part of Standard.

Apathy

Peléo;198109111 said:
Definitely, but the Nerf is huge. Juggler has less impact on turn 3 then turn 2, can´t be coined anymore, more expensive to combo with unleash or implosion, etc. KJ is specially poweful when the juggles can kill 1/2 health minions, which is more common, obviously, on the start of the game.

Oh agreed, I just really hate the card ad how it works with summoned rather than just played minions.

what time tomorrow is the Blizzard event for this?

NVM, the game answer it for me when I turned it on,

"Tune in March 11 at 10:00 a.m. PST to see what has been lurking unfold live on Twitch! "

ricelord

12837750_999125730161992_607560590_o.jpg

It's all fun and games till the priest gain more armor than you.

greepoman

Nothing quite as satisfying as milling a Reno Lock to death and then doing the same to a secret pally the next game. I didn't know life could be this good. Not to mention destroying other fatigue decks. Mill Rogue is still the OG in that department.

FeD.nL

Pretty damn excited to see what they have in store for today. The name of the exp makes me think that the god cards will be indestructible anthems.

Xanathus

Just gonna throw a prediction out there that there will be a Mad Scientist type card in the expansion that assists in playing secrets similar to Kirin Tor Mage but it will be Hunter only.

Top Bottom