• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Zoggy

its really pathetic i'm more interested in tomorrows update than probably anything else vg related this year.

fuuuuuuuuuck this game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Prerelease card discussion is one of my favorite things with a game like this so I'm super excited to see this later.

Pooya

yeah, I don't think they will even speak about the nerfs here. Brode once said if they announce nerfs early, players will feel bad losing to those cards before the nerfs actually happen. So they are not going to talk about nerfs until like a week before they happen and that probably won't happen until standard arrives in late April. They can't nerf something like BGH in current meta for example, it will cause chaos. No stopping that Dr. Boom or secret play.

We will see some cards in form of show matches and hopefully are not forced to watch winter finals in between card reveals because screw that. No one cares about any of those.

Just gonna throw a prediction out there that there will be a Mad Scientist type card in the expansion that assists in playing secrets similar to Kirin Tor Mage but it will be Hunter only.
If they do that I hope they also add some secret removal cards, right now all we have is Flare(IIRC). I wouldn't be mad if they just added in a Kezan Mystic clone, but I'd rather they give a few classes their own unique secret removal cards.

Fireblend

Banned
Just got Alexstraza from a Watch and Learn pack
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif

Please be good post-nerf, please be good post-nerf....

Xanathus

If they do that I hope they also add some secret removal cards, right now all we have is Flare(IIRC). I wouldn't be mad if they just added in a Kezan Mystic clone, but I'd rather they give a few classes their own unique secret removal cards.

I don't think they will do that, but this secret playing card will probably be moderately priced so that it won't be run in face decks but midrange decks will run it.

manhack

maybe a card thst returns secrets to the other players hand or changes the secret in play to something else. I feel like they dont want a pure destroy secrets card outside of flare

Danj

Is it just me or is Flame Juggler bugged? Its text says it does 1 damage to a random enemy but it always seems to go face.

rando14

Is it just me or is Flame Juggler bugged? Its text says it does 1 damage to a random enemy but it always seems to go face.

I guess "Enemy" = "Character", thus Face + minions are eligible

It would specifically say "Minion" if it meant ONLY minions

Shiver

I just hope Alex won't be warsong'd and sent to the grave. It was my first ever legendary and I refuse to disenchant it.

A completely new ability could be cool maybe.

Footos22

I hope they announce a console version. Its one thing i really want. i play on my phone or laptop all the time atm but itll just be nice to sit back on sofa with the big screen. Would be perfect for streaming too.

Can't wait for Standard, hopefully losing Naxx and GvG cards means it'll be harder to play that damn Reno card. Also hope to see a reduction in "dead by turn 7" aggro decks.

I hope they announce a console version. Its one thing i really want. i play on my phone or laptop all the time atm but itll just be nice to sit back on sofa with the big screen. Would be perfect for streaming too.

I'd like the option to reduce the graphics quality on Android mobile. My tablet can play it fine, but the lag and slow-down on my mobile is horrible. Can't help but think it's all the graphical fluff making it chug like a slug.

Apathy

Can't wait for Standard, hopefully losing Naxx and GvG cards means it'll be harder to play that damn Reno card. Also hope to see a reduction in "dead by turn 7" aggro decks.

I'd like the option to reduce the graphics quality on Android mobile. My tablet can play it fine, but the lag and slow-down on my mobile is horrible. Can't help but think it's all the graphical fluff making it chug like a slug.

Unless they add another Belcher/deathlord style card or some way to protect your face in standard, aggro decks will become stronger.

Rosenskjold

Can't wait to see the expansion! But at the same time playing ranked and just hating this game so much, either's aggro mage or it's some mech deck where they start with double warper ofc.

Apathy

I'm so HYPED only ~3hrs to go!

Too bad I'm starting to agree with some people that we won't see much out of today's announcement other than the release and name which we already knew, and maybe one card or explanation of the new word. I don't think well be seeing all the cards and we wont be getting the Nerf list

Fireblend

Banned
Too bad I'm starting to agree with some people that we won't see much out of today's announcement other than the release and name which we already knew, and maybe one card or explanation of the new word. I don't think well be seeing all the cards and we wont be getting the Nerf list

That's what I'm expecting and I'm pretty hyped about it. A cinematic, some cards, a showcase of the new mechanics, maybe an exhibition match? Then I expect a walkthrough of some sort through the new UI elements for formats and the deck recipes... they have plenty to talk about today.

That'd be more than enough for me. Obviously they're not going to show all 100+ cards, specially if it's looking like it's going to release in a month at least. I expect something similar to last expansion, with a website revealing new cards over the next month.

gutshot

They'll show more than one card. Usually with these announcements they show off 20-30 cards on the first day. Then another 40-50 over the weeks leading up to release. And then the rest of the cards a few days before they patch them into the game.

Unless they add another Belcher/deathlord style card or some way to protect your face in standard, aggro decks will become stronger.

Just messed around with a Druid deck where every minion had taunt, played an aggro Shaman and I was dead by turn 6.

I think this upcoming expansion makes or breaks the game for me. It's just not fun anymore, just same shit different day. Either it's the revitalizing shot in the arm the game needs, or Blizzard drops the ball and I give up...

mjc

Right but what I mean is, I have never seen it hit a minion ever.

Anyway, I got a legendary in a pack today, keep or dust?

Could go either way, if you have some classic or TGT legendaries you need maybe you could dust him.

Fireblend

Banned
Right but what I mean is, I have never seen it hit a minion ever.

Anyway, I got a legendary in a pack today, keep or dust?

Never ever dust anything unless you:

1. Know exactly what you're going to do with the dust.
2. Will spend the dust immediately after.

Even as duplicates/useless cards, having a card that can be put in a deck is much, much more valuable than having some pile of dust just laying around.

And I'd keep Toshley in any case; he's no auto include but it's an alright card. Plus DEing non-golden legendaries just feels wrong to me.

Phreaker

I hope that's not the case. We already knew everything (they told us), other than the name of the expansion. We better at least see some cards/mechanics.

georly

I hope that's not the case. We already knew everything (they told us), other than the name of the expansion. We better at least see some cards/mechanics.

Every expansion announcement has had several cards revealed as well as the new major mechanic. I expect the new mechanic and a handful of cards to be revealed today with a new card or two being revealed every day until the expansion releases.

georly

I am really confused why so many want to nerf BGH especially in a meta that is going to tilt heavy handlock.

Because you don't want a card that is auto-include in almost every deck. He's borderline auto-include right now. If they make ANY good cards in the new expansion that are 7+ damage, then he becomes auto include again. He should be situational or a counter, like kezan mystic or harrison jones. They should swap his text with hemet nesingwary's text.

Raxus

Fair enough. As long as too much removal isn't stripped from the game I can live with it assuming the other nerfs prove to be true.

Top Bottom