• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

I know, but this "every mech will be gone" is different from there won't be enough for a viable deck. Minor annoyance but people have been spouting similar stuff for a while now and it's been bottling up.

Standard is losing synergy cards like Mechwarper, Cogmaster, Tinkertown Technician, Blastmage, and Powermace in addition to the most powerful mechs like Sky Golem, Shredder, Spider Tank, Mech Yeti, Annoy-o-Tron, Snow Chugger, and Whirling Zap-o-matic. There's not a whole lot left to work with in the way of mech decks. Without those mech synergy cards, the mech tag is pretty worthless. The only synergy card left is Gorillabot and there aren't enough mechs to fill out your curve to be able to reliably trigger his battlecry.

No nerfs or nerf announcement for a long time either (for those hoping they would be part of Monday's patch):

IGN: When are you guys intending on telling us specifically what’s happening with the nerfs to Basic and Classic cards? And have you finalised the changes?

Mike Donais: We have specific ones in mind that we’ve been playtesting, but they’re not really final because I still have the ability to change them at any time, so they’re not super final. We plan to announce them about a week before the set comes out.

He also said 10-12 cards will be nerfed, and that BGH is high on their list to be nerfed

Dahbomb

He also said 10-12 cards will be nerfed
No way BGH escapes the nerf list now.

I can't even come up with 12 cards that Blizzard can nerf from the set. Based on what they have talked about themselves, I would expect these to be on the list:

Knife Juggler
Leper Gnome
Keeper of the Grove
Ancient of Lore
Alexstrasza
Big Game Hunter
Savage Roar/Force of Nature
Divine Favor
Molten Giants
Innervate
Ice Block
Random Rogue card like Prep

Most of these are extremely sketchy as it is.

No way BGH escapes the nerf list now.

Big Game Hunter, I think pushes in a little bit of an unhealthy direction because it means that all the big, high attack minions we ever print will get hit by this, and it sort of limits our design space.

IGN: So it’s safe to say that is one of the cards you’re looking at.

Mike Donais: It’s high on our list.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/11/find-out-when-hearthstones-card-nerfs-will-be-announced

I think we need a title change

:͓̦̺̞͇̫ͪ̈́ͬͩ͋ͫ̃̓ ̩̪͉̎̅ͯH̷̛̻̦͊͊ͩ̃̇̆ͦ̆e͐͋̑ͮͯ҉̹̖̝̗͢ḁ̧̯̖͕̤̜̟̟ͥ͌̍͒͊̎r̃͊ͦ͏҉͉̪͙̞͎̮͈̖̫t̞̘͔̘̩̻̳̹͐̔͒͜h̴̖̮̦̰̳̒̽ͧ͗̏͒̀ͅͅs̢̹͍͈͙̭̻͓͇̀̍ͮͪ̅͜͠t̴̪͚̒̋̓̏͗̃̓ͨȯ̝̝̟̣̹̋̒͌̈n̶͔̳̺͇̗̤̜͊̉ͫ̌͌̓̃͘͞ē̩͍̯͍̦ͭ ̧̎ͫ͏̮̠̹̹͇̰̻͠|̖̞̮̲̻̦̫̞̇ͣ̽ͭͩ̉ͪ̑͒̀O̠̖̪̽ͭͬͭ͘͝T̴͓̼̍̇̓ͮ͋ͥ͒ͫ̀͡8̖̼͎͎̘̋̎̾̈͑͠͞|̧̰̼̰̩̳͎̌̐͊̔ͅ Thread corrupted by the Old Gods

Hearthstone |OT8| Your Heart Will Explode

Hearthstone |OT8| Finally, the Metzen Expansion

Hearthstone |OT8| Zzof Shuul'wah. Thoq fssh N'Zoth!

Hearthstone |OT8| Look upon the true face of RNG, and know that your end comes soon!

Tacitus_

Standard is losing synergy cards like Mechwarper, Cogmaster, Tinkertown Technician, Blastmage, and Powermace in addition to the most powerful mechs like Sky Golem, Shredder, Spider Tank, Mech Yeti, Annoy-o-Tron, Snow Chugger, and Whirling Zap-o-matic. There's not a whole lot left to work with in the way of mech decks. Without those mech synergy cards, the mech tag is pretty worthless. The only synergy card left is Gorillabot and there aren't enough mechs to fill out your curve to be able to reliably trigger his battlecry.

Yes, they're losing those. We're also getting 130 new cards, so all I'm saying is wait until we know more

ricelord

:͓̦̺̞͇̫ͪ̈́ͬͩ͋ͫ̃̓ ̩̪͉̎̅ͯH̷̛̻̦͊͊ͩ̃̇̆ͦ̆e͐͋̑ͮͯ҉̹̖̝̗͢ḁ̧̯̖͕̤̜̟̟ͥ͌̍͒͊̎r̃͊ͦ͏҉͉̪͙̞͎̮͈̖̫t̞̘͔̘̩̻̳̹͐̔͒͜h̴̖̮̦̰̳̒̽ͧ͗̏͒̀ͅͅs̢̹͍͈͙̭̻͓͇̀̍ͮͪ̅͜͠t̴̪͚̒̋̓̏͗̃̓ͨȯ̝̝̟̣̹̋̒͌̈n̶͔̳̺͇̗̤̜͊̉ͫ̌͌̓̃͘͞ē̩͍̯͍̦ͭ ̧̎ͫ͏̮̠̹̹͇̰̻͠|̖̞̮̲̻̦̫̞̇ͣ̽ͭͩ̉ͪ̑͒̀O̠̖̪̽ͭͬͭ͘͝T̴͓̼̍̇̓ͮ͋ͥ͒ͫ̀͡8̖̼͎͎̘̋̎̾̈͑͠͞|̧̰̼̰̩̳͎̌̐͊̔ͅ Thread corrupted by the Old Gods

Hearthstone |OT8| Look upon the true face of RNG, and know that your end comes soon!

Hearthstone |OT8| The OG's Back in The House.

Hearthstone |OT8| The current meta never ends

The cards they revealed were sadly a bit uninteresting, there's some unoriginal cards based on older cards and there's some cards that are completely dedicated to a legendary minion(which is a cool concept but their effects are not, there's much more they could do than "add +x/+x", like come on Blizzard).

Anyway, hope we get some more new cards soon, I really don't understand that they chose the unoriginal cards to show us first, doesn't bode well for the rest.

Oh and I'm going to be REALLY disappointed if they don't nerf BGH, corrupted Healbot's stats are super suspect given that they're pretty fucking mediocre for the downside that he has.

inky

Coldlight Seer, Hogger and some Alliance Lumberjack. Doubt the rarities/costs are accurate.

For TGT the cost/stats were accurate in the end, but the rarities were not (all were shown as legendary). Doesn't prove anything obviously, but it might be a similar case here.

A 2/3 for 6 must have a hell of an effect is that is accurate.

So I guess BGH is a for sure nerf then. I'm worried about the implications of that. Classes with hard removal certainly get better if we start seeing a ton of big minions.

bunbun777

My guess is the old gods will debuff your opponents cards. Either make them cost more or lose stats like a reverse mist caller.

It's gotta be board conditional status effects I would imagine. Enemy minions die in 2 turns, gain control of enemy minions after two turns. ..

Apathy

BTW, Kibler asked if there were going to be any dragons, and apparently there will be dragon(s) in the new cards, corrupted ones Im sure

Corrupted piloted shredder incoming. When that leaves standard? Messed up piloted shredder followed by redeemed piloted shredder and finally nice when you get to know him piloted shredder in 2017.

All these cards are pretty underwhelming. C'Thun is potentially interesting, but when did a 10 mana card ever work out? Never. Even the broken murloc combo didn't really happen and that was way more damage than this.

The interesting part is these cards suggests no BGH nerf, which doesn't seem right.
I'd also suggest it confirms a master of disguise nerf, otherwise Brann plus C'Thun plus pandas will be pretty fun, if you lived to use it, which you wouldn't.

From there I'm guessing 10-12 Shaman nerfs to add overload.

Fireblend

Banned
Was just playing some Tavern Brawl...

Hunter has complete control of the board against me as Mage. I play a big taunt trying to stop him. He plays Acidmaw, and sacrifices one of his smaller minions against my taunt, puts me as <10 health. I'm pretty much fucked.

My next draw? A Flame Leviathan. Damage to his entire board, which dies from Acidmaw. He pretty much had no cards on hand.

It was smooth sailing after that.

Thats how I've always said it, and how everyone that plays wow says it

Sorry, I should have clarified. I spent like 8 years of my life thinking it was "See-thun" and about a year ago realized it was "Kah-thun" so the inner teenager in me still hasn't gotten used to "Kah-thun" yet.

Xanathus

Been thinking of scumming back from rank 5 to 20 to farm for Golden Druid before the combo nerf happens... guess I have 2 more seasons to get it.

Apathy

God this is hell. I got the shit brawl quest. This is the worst shit ever. My opponent can play a whole hand in one turn, I sit there with shit cards that are in a deck not even a retarded monkey would build

Levi

Banned
God this is hell. I got the shit brawl quest. This is the worst shit ever. My opponent can play a whole hand in one turn, I sit there with shit cards that are in a deck not even a retarded monkey would build

Easiest quest ever. If you don't get legendaries in your mulligan, concede. If you get legendaries and they don't get discounted in your first two turns, concede. I got 9 wins in 20 minutes with this strategy last night.

Apathy

Easiest quest ever. If you don't get legendaries in your mulligan, concede. If you get legendaries and they don't get discounted in your first two turns, concede. I got 9 wins in 20 minutes with this strategy last night.

I do mulligan for legendaries. Then my opponent has 1 mana legendaries while mine cost 1 less than they should...for turn after turn

yea the revealed cards were kinda meh. Everytime I looked at them I was like these are just based off of old cards, but maybe thats how they want to play it as? Corrupted cards are versions of old cards? Hopefully the others are good though

jgminto

Cthun seems like a fun legendary especially since the cultists have decent stats. I wonder if the Corrupted Healbot will be run in Auchenai Priest, the stats and cost make it much less versatile than a Chow which can easily be dropped and circled for burst on the same turn.

Dahbomb

The Corrupted Healbot is more like a bigger version of Zombie Chow than a reverse Antique Healbot.

Also the Doomsayer is very different from the original Doomsayer. Not really comparable IMO aside from starting at 0/7 stats.

While they were doing their presentation I was half expecting Dr Tentacles.

The Corrupted Healbot is more like a bigger version of Zombie Chow than a reverse Antique Healbot.

You could see how it "might" work, because you can get it to last a turn and then do something with circle to stack up the damage. But probably not.

Without the big combo, it is just a shitty mech in a game that no longer has mech synergy.

Also the Doomsayer is very different from the original Doomsayer. Not really comparable IMO aside from starting at 0/7 stats.

You can compare them in the sense that the original doomsayer is good and this one really sucks.

I'd rather play something like an azure drake every time. It only works if you are winning by a lot, in which case every other 5 drop will be just as good.

My only hope out of all this is the C'Thun gets buffed even when it isn't in your deck.

jgminto

Also the Healbot probably should have at least Boulderfist stats to see play outside of Priest. If Warrior or other slower decks want a 5 Drop is there much of a reason to pick it over Pit Fighter?

yea the way I see it is that at the 5 mana turn, 7 health with no attack is probably just going to die on board, whereas w/ doomsayer 7 stats at 2 mana was pretty good. Plus that thing is just an overcosted doomsayer when it gets hit w/ silence

Also the Healbot probably should have at least Boulderfist stats to see play outside of Priest. If Warrior or other slower decks want a 5 Drop is there much of a reason to pick it over Pit Fighter?

Only if one of the other old gods does something funky with healing.

Pooya

That doomsayer is just really bad. It dies for free on board, that's just unplayable. Even if it doesn't you have like 7/2, 7/3 or something on your turn which is not any good for 5 mana. There are not any synergies with existing cards either, maybe some other card makes it do something.

I guess it's kind of a healbot, it heals you for 7 maybe sometimes...it's a neutral epic card. I'm just going with it being an awful card. There were a whole lot of those in TGT. Like Recruiter, Master of Ceremonies etc

cards like the new doomsayer are the sort of cards that wouldn't have been possible had they not nerfed warsong commander
Kappa.png

Top Bottom