• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

manhack

So apparently the Level 16-20 areas are filled with PK'ers on the PvP servers. I'm guessing there was enough of an influx of players that they are griefing. (level 18 so far and the quest areas are jam packed.

Apathy

So apparently the Level 16-20 areas are filled with PK'ers on the PvP servers. I'm guessing there was enough of an influx of players that they are griefing. (level 18 so far and the quest areas are jam packed.

Soon as you hit 15 you need to queue for dungeons

if you're alliance at 10 queue for pvp

Little did we know that the meta has already shifted and the nerfs already came where it matters most - BM. With the surge of people after Liadrin, gone are the days of WELL MET and in are the days of...I dunno what Liadrin says yet.

I haven;t touched WoW in years, would I have to re-start my account to get the portrait?

Oh, new character, I have no time to get a new toon to 20 lol

manhack

Joined a higher level dungeon, hit 20 really quickly and got the new Paladin hero.

So glad I had a lvl 16 character hanging out.

Ketch

Earthen Ring Farseer can replace Si7 and Sludge Belcher can replace the blade flurry.

I suppose card cycles may work best to help dig for Malygos for the rest. Burgle isn't really common in the deck anyhow.

Ok thanks for the advice. I subbed in 1x loot hoarder, 2x farseers, 1x belcher, and 1x violet teacher

Saprol

i'm stuck in midair wow purgatory forever. maybe i can get lv20 from afking

pgNSI2B.png

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
You know in the deck recipes they have all of these cute names like "Empowered Spells" for Malyrogue and "The Thrill of the Hunt" for Face Hunter but then they decide to go for just straight up "Handlock" for... Handlock.

Tarazet

Leveled a 13 Night Elf Warrior I had been sitting on up to 20 by killing a bunch of gnolls and then tanking the Deeps for the 2000th time. Played a game with the "Classic Paladin" deck just to try out the emotes because I literally had no Paladin decks put together. She definitely continues the trend of being the civilized alternate to the standard portrait, which I like. Playing with that deck against a Priest made me wish I had chosen the Anyfin deck instead. The "Classic" decks all seem to be somewhere around the grade of Trump's basic decks with a couple of idiomatic substitutions.

I did run into a bump when leveling in WoW. The first run through Ragefire Chasm, the last boss wouldn't spawn and I couldn't loot anything. I guess the instance server went poop because it was getting hit so hard.

manhack

If I'm playing paladin it is going to be the cheapest eboladin garbage standard allows.

I'll stick with "well met" I think.

Been using a variation of an aggro paladin that someone posted here a long time ago. It runs Dr. Boom, Tirion and double Divine Favor. It destroys control match ups and is very strong against other aggro if you don't have Tirion and Boom in your starting hand.

Danj

You need to make a new WOW character for that portrait? Well there goes any interest I have in that.

Wait so if you already have a WOW character it doesn't count? Sadface :(

EDIT: it specifically seems to be if you level to 20 after March 11th, 11am PST. So I guess if you have a WOW character that was less than level 20 you can still do it.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20056282/a-new-hearthstone-hero-has-come-to-light-3-14-2016

EDIT 2: given that WOW time cards cost more than it would cost if this was a hero you could purchase in the shop, I don't think I'm going to bother (I already used my WOW free trial long ago)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Somehow got from rank 19 to rank 13 tonight without seeing a single secret palidan or agro shaman. I guess those decks are just too quick and easy to have anyone using those decks be at a low rank.

Played comboless ramp druid with Naga Seawitch and Raven Idol. Raven Idol is pretty commonly a ramp spell letting you ramp more often than you used to, and Naga Seawitch acts a lot like a huge taunt, which ramp druid can never get enough of. And if they don't treat it like a taunt, then say hello to a five mana Ragnoros. You can even usually suicide it off if it's more of a drawback for your hand.

Seems like a really solid deck in TGT with those upgrades. Shame it isn't used more but I'm guessing it doesn't match up well at the higher levels. Probably will actually be the goto Druid deck should the combo be nerfed.

And I always love insane start fun:
http://i.imgur.com/CABw8Yr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Z3DeWtb.jpg

It feels like Secret Paly is already drying up. I faced 1 in 30 matches tonight.

My Feign Death Hunter deck is pretty crappy, it has no real win condition outside of "Out Value other player".

Look at these crappy stats. 43% winrate.
http://hss.io/d/8099877

ZenaxPure

Wait so if you already have a WOW character it doesn't count? Sadface :(

EDIT: it specifically seems to be if you level to 20 after March 11th, 11am PST. So I guess if you have a WOW character that was less than level 20 you can still do it.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20056282/a-new-hearthstone-hero-has-come-to-light-3-14-2016

EDIT 2: given that WOW time cards cost more than it would cost if this was a hero you could purchase in the shop, I don't think I'm going to bother (I already used my WOW free trial long ago)

WoW is free up to level 20, even on accounts with no sub time (you just can't log on any characters that are level 21+)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Starter edition is always free up to lvl 20. That's all you need. You don't have to pay anything.

Ok I'm trying to hit 20 and it might take longer then I expect right now. I didn't account for 100 other people doing it at the same time (the last time I saw starting zones so packed was Burning Crusade) and people killing quest givers

Apathy

It feels like Secret Paly is already drying up. I faced 1 in 30 matches tonight.

My Feign Death Hunter deck is pretty crappy, it has no real win condition outside of "Out Value other player".

Look at these crappy stats. 43% winrate.
http://hss.io/d/8099877

I played 10 matches tonight. 7 were anyfin, 1 secret, 1 mech mage and 1 was murloc shaman. Fuck tonight was aids.

Interestingly, none had the liadrin hero.

ricelord

Ok I'm trying to hit 20 and it might take longer then I expect right now. I didn't account for 100 other people doing it at the same time (the last time I saw starting zones so packed was Burning Crusade) and people killing quest givers

at least you didnt have gankers wanting your cookies for like a hour.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My last match had the new hero. Was also an Anyfin paly. He was actually losing pretty badly, but having his Muk Eye bounce back to hand when he played his very weak turn 10 Anyfin was amusing.

Think I'll give it another 20 or 30 matches tomorrow, then try reworking it. Right now its just a gimmick, it needs ether more aggression or better control. Pure value only takes you so far.

It completely destroys freeze mage though, which is nice.

jgminto

RANK 5 GET!!! I decided to craft Jaraxxus with my adventure dust and he was a real MVP. I won every game that reached that point.

Got a second Doomsayer in a pack. It's like Blizzard wants me to play Freeze Mage...

RANK 5 GET!!! I decided to craft Jaraxxus with my adventure dust and he was a real MVP. I won every game that reached that point.
Grats! Is it your first time?

I remember that Burning Crusade launch date, and the desperate attempts to find minions as they spawned.

Then I remember when I went back through with a second character, and no one was there, but the minions still had rapid spawn and were densely packed because Blizzard never reconfigured the settings past launch. Painful.

Took me 3.5 hours with heirlooms and not doing anything terrible efficiently to get to 20. So I am sure you could really focus down to 2-3 hours if you wanted.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ancient of Lore and Keeper of the Grove were the two Druid cards Blizzard was thinking of nerfing before their player panel insisted on combo, so I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of those still gets the hammer.

jgminto

I hope they don't kill Ancient of Lore. It's a really cool card when it isn't purely drawing into combo.

Grats! Is it your first time?
Nah but I think this might be the earliest I have so far. I usually get it around the last week when the overall skill level is a bit lower.

Top Bottom