• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Both.

Paladin was my most hated class in WoW when I played, and now it's my most hated class in HearthStone.

I just have the worst draw luck. I also had a game in the bag when my dog had to go out and I lost momentum since I gave the other guy a free turn.

I just want to get all the class cards so I can start building decks!
Find one class and build a basic aggro deck. If you look a few pages back, you can see my path to rank 5 starting from 2 months ago. If you go for everything at once, you will end up with nothing.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's only really worth farming if you have the spell quest or a mage dominance since they're busted in it.

jgminto

So I recently just started ranked games after building 3 warrior decks and more back up decks.

So far, I haven't lost a game except against priest.

Running a Dragon Patron Warrior and at 23 right now. Pretty sure skillcap will increase soon and I might start transitioning to my Control Warrior if that happens.

So my friend recently challenged me to a battle. He was a priest with deathlords, cabal priests, acolytes and etc. He also had Auschenai was it? Any tips for me If I ran like mainly warrior decks?

he keeps controlling my acolytes and armorsmith. and he overwhelms the board. I'm guessing I'm better off running Control Warrior instead of Dragon Patron Warrior?
Control does perform better against Priest than Patron usually. It's very easy for them to clear a board of patrons. You could try to last until fatigue and kill them with Grommash but I don't know if you'd have enough removal for that.

Zf2H5Ba.jpg
Good deck

With my last 100g, hoping for Justicar or any legendary really.
Hearthstone decided to be a champ and gave me a golden one! I was just talking to my bro about getting a Justicar one day and whad'ya know. It happened.

Control does perform better against Priest than Patron usually. It's very easy for them to clear a board of patrons. You could try to last until fatigue and kill them with Grommash but I don't know if you'd have enough removal for that.
Got it .... Hmmm i'm kinda tempted to switch my deathlords with a belcher since cabal can't control any of that and priest will just focus on destroying them with some

Also face hunters

Cheapeast BS deck i've ever fought lol

i swear to god, it's like forcing me to play warlock or a mage now just because

12-1 with Zoo so far in the Tavern Brawl. The loss was against a Druid who I faced twice, so I can say I've defeated everyone I met. There's no point in running any spells when you're just going to get them from minions. So why not play the best cheapie minion deck? Oh, and run extra 4's because free Fireballs are always a great thing. I also had fun with a game where I pulled Astral Communion from a Shredder.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/453316-tol-barad-zoo
I'm just going with very little offense, a warlock with tons of taunt and defense and Reno. You get so much offense from free spells I don't see the point in not running belcher tazdingo annoyo etc. I did add one spell, twisting nether, in case my opponent gets a good summoning stone turn.

I run two summoning stones though bc you'd have to be an idiot not to. Most of the games I've played are basically a race to drop summoning stone. Tbh I find it pretty fun so far since Reno lets you build something slightly unique , I've really liked the last couple brawls, doesn't hurt that ladder is dead to me until standard hits

Tarazet

Priest is a tough match-up for Warrior, in general. The only counter to them is more aggression, which is why I like running cards like Kor'kron Elite and Axe Flinger instead of taunters. In doing so, I weaken my game against some aggro decks, though, because with all the weapons life is a precious resource. Against a Hunter or Shaman, I won't drop Finley because the chances that I get Lesser Heal aren't good enough.

Looking forward for the new archetypes to come with standard and the new expansion,really hard to find a reason to play ladder right now running always into the same decks.

jgminto

Priest is a tough match-up for Warrior, in general. The only counter to them is more aggression, which is why I like running cards like Kor'kron Elite and Axe Flinger instead of taunters. In doing so, I weaken my game against some aggro decks, though, because with all the weapons life is a precious resource. Against a Hunter or Shaman, I won't drop Finley because the chances that I get Lesser Heal aren't good enough.
My main Warrior deck is Monkey Reno so the game is usually decided by picking the right time to Monkey, getting good legendaries and outlasting them in fatigue.

georly

Predictions on how far I go with this priest draft? =)

PUIocl5.jpg

Solid. Really solid. Depending on how you play, and how lucky you get, I'd say at least 6 wins, but it could go further.

If you can turn 1 chow and turn 7 boom every game, you're gonna be good. If you can get SW:death off scarab when you need it, then you'll also be able to remove big minions. Right now you only have mind control at turn 10, but hopefully you can kill your opponents before they get too many big minions out.

ViviOggi

3 Cultists are pretty clutch but you'll have a hard time getting on the board without PW:S and Velen's, and holding it without Shadow Word swing turns. Even Boom isn't gonna do much when you're behind as Priest. Maybe 7 wins due to minion quality and Shadow Madness swing potential.

Man Priest is so bad nowadays

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
4-3.

In all seven games I only got to play Dr. Boom once. I only drew him in two. Thought I had a much better draft then that. =/

Find one class and build a basic aggro deck. If you look a few pages back, you can see my path to rank 5 starting from 2 months ago. If you go for everything at once, you will end up with nothing.

Yeah I know I'm not getting very far by playing the field to get all the starting class cards, but it's giving me a good feel for the game and the classes.

Eventually once I've got them all at LVL 10 (I have Paladin, Shaman, Hunter, and Rogue left), I'll start deciding on a deck (I seem to like Druid / Mage the most right now) or two and then work on Naxx / Blackrock to get those cards.

Yeah I know I'm not getting very far by playing the field to get all the starting class cards, but it's giving me a good feel for the game and the classes.

Eventually once I've got them all at LVL 10 (I have Paladin, Shaman, Hunter, and Rogue left), I'll start deciding on a deck (I seem to like Druid / Mage the most right now) or two and then work on Naxx / Blackrock to get those cards.
IMO, go with Mage. Who knows what's going to happen to Druid once the combo is nerfed....

Fireblend

Banned
This is what happens when you pull off the Rafaam -> Tree of Life -> Double Summoning Stone -> Rafaam's Artifact combo in brawl.

*_* it's full of stars

Pff, and you guys were talking about dusting MVP Rafaam.

Tarazet

My main Warrior deck is Monkey Reno so the game is usually decided by picking the right time to Monkey, getting good legendaries and outlasting them in fatigue.

Personally, if that's what it takes, I'd prefer to always lose against Priest and win everything else in half the time, rather than take one match to fatigue.

Owzers

i don't like playing any class right now, i'm tired of all these match ups with current decks on the ladder. I'm starting to think standard won't fix my complaints either, i'll pick a midrangey deck and run into shaman aggro/whatever new aggro decks there are and absolute control warriors.

Catvoca

Banned
I've been playing Wow for a little over 3 hours now as an undead Hunter and i'm only level 9, nearly lvl 10. It's definitely taking me longer then some people were saying it should take. It's also boring me to tears! Pretty sure this hero portrait won't be worth it (I don't even like Paladin much outside of arena ), but I might as well keep playing now. I'm at least catching up on some podcasts while going through it.

Don't know if I like the randomness of that priest card but I love the idea of both cards. Don't know if either will ever be useful in constructed but what do I know.

greepoman

I'm assuming that means remaining mana as well? If so that's crazy good...allows you to fill your turn how you want.

It'll be somewhat like discover ...you can strategically play those cards depending on the what deck your facing and the current board state.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm assuming that means remaining mana as well? If so that's crazy good...allows you to fill your turn how you want.

Oh that's a good point.

I think the Mage card is potentially quite good if that's remaining mana.

The Priest card is an interesting gamble for a class that doesn't always have a great way to fill out its curve, but distinctly riskier.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Really solid cards. I like them a lot.

I wonder if this implies every class will get one of these. If so I look forward to seeing the rest of the cycle.

Forbidden Flame works well with Flamewaker since you can always use it the same turn you play Flamewaker to get at least 2 random damage, but seems pretty weak other than that. Mage already has enough damage spells and they generally have a better damage per mana spent ratio. The ones that don't (Pyroblast and Forgotten Torch) have other benefits like being a strong finisher or putting more cards in your deck.

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it, Forbidden Flame works with Antonidas, so you can always trade it for a Fireball even if you don't do any damage and with Gadgetzan as a 0 mana draw a card.

IF the priest card activates the battlecry of the summoned minion it could be so op, but I don't think it will.

It absolutely won't.

It'll be somewhat like discover ...you can strategically play those cards depending on the what deck your facing and the current board state.
I'm assuming it's just the usual bad wording from Blizzard. Otherwise it would be too good probably.

Without destroying everything and discarding your hand, most probably.
It could also summon a 6/6 C'Thun without a Battlecry, which is not the worst but definitely not worth 10 mana, I think I'd rather take my chances with an 8/9 mana minion.

The mage card would've been godlike if it could go face but it can't, on the other hand both cards are always useful since their mana cost is just your remaining mana.

Mixed2k

Guys please, the mage card is absolutely garbage tier, terribly overpriced and can't go face. It's 100 dust that's what it is.
The priest one is decent though. You can play it turn 2-3 versus aggro if you don't have anything else, and versus control play it at turn 8/9 for some nice value.

greepoman

I'm surprised people on reddit are trying to say forbidden flame is bad. The card is amazing.

Is it amazing though? It's actually not great damage for the mana mostly considering frost bolt, fireball, flame Lance, flame cannon, etc are all better so the question is the versatility good enough to overcome that? I'm guessing sometimes yes but probably not as much as you initially think.

Top Bottom