• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Doom sucks.

And I am clearly not talking about this guy right here:

Dr._Doom_Dialogue.png

They should have made the card Silence the entire board first, to make it more like WC3/Dota DOOM! spell.

fertygo

doom-actual-1.png

From http://www.gosugamers.net/hearthstone/news/34852-gosugamers-exclusive-old-gods-card-reveal-doom

Maybe some sort of Control Lock deck? I don't know if Handlock would run something like this. Super anti-Control deck card though, would really mess people up I think if they over-invest in a Control match-up. I guess Renolock might enjoy it.

Oh, and hey, that's the second 10-mana spell right? Pyroblast being the only other one (not counting Rafaam's summonable spells)?

This not synergize well with Jarrax I rather run 2nd Nether

but I can see another warlock deck prefer this over nether

Dahbomb

Twisting Nether barely sees any play because not only does it wipe your own board but it's also really late into the game.

When you are that late in the game as a Control Lock deck, you aren't struggling because of card draws... you are struggling because of HP issues.

This card would've been much more effective if you gained X amount of HP for every minion killed, probably 2 HP.

This card will only be playable if there are some new Warlock cards that play off of draw/discard mechanics and even then I am uncertain if it will see much play.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Twisting Nether barely sees any play because not only does it wipe your own board but it's also really late into the game.

When you are that late in the game as a Control Lock deck, you aren't struggling because of card draws... you are struggling because of HP issues.

This card would've been much more effective if you gained X amount of HP for every minion killed, probably 2 HP.

This card will only be playable if there are some new Warlock cards that play off of draw/discard mechanics and even then I am uncertain if it will see much play.

This card will be playable if the a new corrupted Millhouse gives it to you.

Dahbomb

Worst of all is that this card isn't even a replacement for a Naxx/GvG card.... there's already a similar and quite frankly better card that exists in classic.

georly

God, could you imagine a card that grows or does something for each card discarded/burned that game?

Also, this would be amazing if soulfire still cost 0 mana.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
God, could you imagine a card that grows or does something for each card discarded/burned that game?

Over the last couple sets it seems like that's what they want Warlock to develop into, but it doesn't have the real tools yet.

Dahbomb

I made some concept ideas for it way earlier.

It's a Legendary that on Battlecry deals 4 random damage (one hit each) for each card discarded this game. Basically as if it uses Fist of Jaraxxus for every card that was discarded earlier in the game.

That's very similar to how Cthun works actually.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I guess Doom could be played in a Zoo Deck. A last hurrah if you are losing.

I still think the only way this is playable is if a corrupted Millhouse gives you the card. Then in theory a zoo deck could play corrupted millhouse, and still get their doom spell.

Levi

Banned
Doom has good synergy with Sir Finley--tap tap tap, then change hero powers. If you fall behind, Doom saves your butt.

There'll be a Trollden video where someone taps into this with a Fizzlebang on the board. Clears the whole board for free and then has eight mana to play everything they drew.

Edit: 8 mana left after tapping into Doom, not ten.

Tarazet

Tiny Knight of Evil + Fel Reaver. I'm sure someone else must have thought of that at some point.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Tiny Knight of Evil + Fel Reaver. I'm sure someone else must have thought of that at some point.

Does that actually work or does TKoE need you to discard from your hand?

I feel like it needs to be from your hand, in which case TKoE returns to being a worthless card.

Dahbomb

Doom has good synergy with Sir Finley--tap tap tap, then change hero powers. If you fall behind, Doom saves your butt.

There'll be a Trollden video where someone taps into this with a Fizzlebang on the board. Clears the whole board for free and then has ten mana to play everything they drew.
Fizzlebang doesn't work with non hero power draws.

Even if it did it wouldn't work because this card kills Fizzlebang first.

Dahbomb

Oh nevermind, misread that.

Still, I doubt it's worth using Fizzlebang just for the dream of drawing this card with Fizzlebang (meaning using two sub par cards).

Tarazet

Does that actually work or does TKoE need you to discard from your hand?

I feel like it needs to be from your hand, in which case TKoE returns to being a worthless card.

I think you're right, but it would be amazing. Fel Reaver removes cards from your deck, it doesn't discard them.

Levi

Banned
Fizzlebang doesn't work with non hero power draws.

Even if it did it wouldn't work because this card kills Fizzlebang first.

You'll tap into Doom, and be able to play it for free, and then draw a bunch of cards that you can immediately play.

I really want Fizzlebang to be viable, since I opened a golden one in my first 50 TGT packs.

Oh nevermind, misread that.

Still, I doubt it's worth using Fizzlebang just for the dream of drawing this card with Fizzlebang (meaning using two sub par cards).

No doubt, which is why I said it'll be a Trollden video and not a combo to build a deck around. :D

doom-actual-1.png

From http://www.gosugamers.net/hearthstone/news/34852-gosugamers-exclusive-old-gods-card-reveal-doom

Maybe some sort of Control Lock deck? I don't know if Handlock would run something like this. Super anti-Control deck card though, would really mess people up I think if they over-invest in a Control match-up. I guess Renolock might enjoy it.

Oh, and hey, that's the second 10-mana spell right? Pyroblast being the only other one (not counting Rafaam's summonable spells)?

This would be an amazing spell for arena....

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Doom seems good if you frequently get to turn 10 and want to win through significant card advantage.

It's true your hero power affords that to an extent, but when you're spending mana tapping, you're not using it to play cards.

Removing 2-3 threats at the end game is significant.

The main question is if you can just keep the board clear easier through cheaper means, even against control decks, at which point you'll have time to tap later on.

In general I think the design of the cards is a lot more interesting this go around (in tandem with the general power decrease) because you have way more unclear answers as to what's actually going to work and for what type of decks.

ViviOggi

You don't need more cards in a game that goes to turn 10, that's just not how Hearthstone works. At that point fatigue becomes an issue.

Dahbomb

You don't need more cards in a game that goes to turn 10, that's just not how Hearthstone works. At that point fatigue becomes an issue.
Same mistake Blizzard made with Varian only that card at least puts some cards into play. This doesn't do that so you have no tempo with a 10 mana play.

DOOM! seems kind of like Deathwing to me. Reset the board and you get some kind of favorable condition.

Maybe the idea is to give Warlocks a way to play tempo decks without Lifetap?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
My statement basically works off the idea that they're trying to slow down aggro/mid-range vs. control match-ups to the point they don't end before turn 10 with all the nerfs, combo removals, and card retirements.

If not, then yes, a hard control versus hard control match up will usually go the rest of the way to fatigue.

Dahbomb

DOOM! seems kind of like Deathwing to me. Reset the board and you get some kind of favorable condition.

Maybe the idea is to give Warlocks a way to play tempo decks without Lifetap?
Except that you have 0 tempo when you play this card unlike Deathwing which develops a 12/12 on the board.

If you wipe someone's board and play nothing afterwards, they can just repopulate the board and putting you back into the reactionary role.

And LOL @ the idea of playing a 10 mana symmetrical board clear card in a tempo deck.

This card might've been better served in another class. As it is, it's a highly redundant tool in the Warlock arsenal.

Tacitus_

Doom looks cool, but I dunno if I'd run it in a controlly-warlock. You're going to have a large hand size most of the time and you go through your deck fast because of tapping, so this'll bring you even faster to fatigue and will probably burn some cards.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Thinking about it, Doom would make the most sense as a 9 mana card in a C'Thun deck where you're trying to clear the board and draw C'Thun next turn.

The goal would be that there's not much on the board for the battlecry to hit except face. You could even dump a lot of your own cultists on the board on turn 8, and then on turn 9, attack face and use them to draw even more cards to get to C'Thun.

In Arena, this guy gets Oil from my Spellbringer, so he plays Doomhammer + Rockbiter + Oil and hits me for 16 face damage one turn, and 10 face damage the next.

Such skill.

Loss 1 was because my Shredder popped Cho while I had a hand of nothing but spells.

Both games I was 1 turn away from lethal.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Why would you let Forsen do a card reveal? That sounds like a bad idea. Give them to people who actually care about the game. D=

In Arena, this guy gets Oil from my Spellbringer, so he plays Doomhammer + Rockbiter + Oil and hits me for 16 face damage one turn, and 10 face damage the next.

Such skill.

Sometimes you get wrecked with an unlucky spellbringer. I gave a dude bloodlust and got thrashed the other day

Top Bottom