• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

greepoman

Control Paladin with Tirion, Sylvanas and Cairne seems like it could work in theory. Even throw in stuff like Huge Toad because why not.

Wouldn't this be worth it just for a second tirion? I mean pallys would play 2 if they could. For that extra 2 mana you get at least an additional 5/7. I guess you'd still play the others to bait out hex/poly/entomb.

Perhaps they are nerfing it, just not how we expect. Like instead of a flat out destroy it just does flat damage.

I started to think the nerf might be the additional text "If bgh kills a minion then he dies too". So you don't get as much tempo.

KT's minion quality is stupidly high and he can keep spamming them with Duplicate and his hero power. He will eventually run over Rafaam with high value cards in most games. He also has Counterspell and Loatheb to block Rafaam's AOEs.
I agree, but I have gotten Rafaam hands vs. Strong KT starts that let me win. But it basically involves board clears at sub 20 health and dropping a bunch of big stuff. That 5 damage clear for 0 mana is basically essential. The entire deck should have been 0 mana spells instead of the crappy Keepers.

I didn't remember arena being so garbage like these past months.
Half of the machtes lost beacuse of fucking RNG: fucking discover bullshit, fucking mc tech garbage.
Thanks god I stopped spending money for this game since TGT. No way blizzard is getting my money again in the future.
If you ever get hit by MCT in Arena, it is your fault. The card is 100% avoidable, and I you should always play around it. The only time I won't is when my opponent has been top decking or overplaying minions gives me lethal. MCT can't lose you a match on its own, you have to decide to play into it.

Control Paladin with Tirion, Sylvanas and Cairne seems like it could work in theory. Even throw in stuff like Huge Toad because why not.

Also this could be reasonable for Dreadsteed decks. Not quite as good as Baron RIvendare but it's something.
I guess it depends on how the proc works. If each Dreadsteed death adds 1 to the tally, and you can fill the board, it's a maybe. 10 turns is a long time to wait, though, when you used to be able to get copies on turn 5.

These stats are making me worried that they're not planning on nerfing BGH even though it's extremely obvious that it's restricting card design.
Me too. I was trying Patron Warrior variants, and even though I love Obsidan Destroyer as a card, I realized it brought my deck from 0 to 1 BGH target, and I was better off without him.

Why the fuck neutral got superior dark peddler?
No control over what you get makes both cards worth picking in different situations.

Catvoca

Banned
If you ever get hit by MCT in Arena, it is your fault. The card is 100% avoidable, and I you should always play around it. The only time I won't is when my opponent has been top decking or overplaying minions gives me lethal. MCT can't lose you a match on its own, you have to decide to play into it.

Gonna have to disagree with you here. The player that finished the 100 in 10 arena challenge, currently the only player in the world to do so, said he barely ever plays around MC Tech, and that by playing around random cards like that you are more likely to lose then win. Really you should play around MC Tech when you can, like if you're already way ahead on board and you're opponent is top decking, but never playing 4 minions will just flat out lose you games.

Under city Huckster is clearly a Rogue card guys. Look at the Grey banner.

It's actually hard to tell because the banner for golden Neutrals are about the same color for golden Rogue cards.

184px-Sap(385)_Gold.png
184px-Argent_Squire(473)_Gold.png

Granted, I can't look in game to find out for sure. All I will say is that it does pertain to Rogue simply because of Undercity Valiant sets a precedent.

Edit: Just been confirmed that Huckster is a Rogue card.

Why the fuck neutral got superior dark peddler?

I wouldn't compare it to dark pedler, since pedler gets you the card immediately and it is discover and you have a high chance of getting a class card out of it. Huckster might be playable in more flexible decks, but not decks with a narrow focus that won't even afford a slot let alone one that relies on randomness.

edit:
Hearthpwn says it's a rogue card.

Gonna have to disagree with you here. The player that finished the 100 in 10 arena challenge, currently the only player in the world to do so, said he barely ever plays around MC Tech, and that by playing around random cards like that you are more likely to lose then win. Really you should play around MC Tech when you can, like if you're already way ahead on board and you're opponent is top decking, but never playing 4 minions will just flat out lose you games.
In most games, I find that playing for tempo means clearing enough that I don't have the chance for more than 4 anyway.

Is there a link to his 100 in 10 run? I had a few 9-3 runs in the last few days, but I am nowhere near as consistent as him. If he is commentating his decisions, I would love to learn in-depth thoughts from a superior player.

Ketch

If anubarak dies a bunch of times and you cast Nzoth do you get multiple anubaraks?

also, huckster is a pretty good target for raptor too.

death rattle rogue I might be okay?

A lot of times you can't play around it, like you can't always play around a board clear.
When you are losing the value game or you just need to push for damage and only have weak minions. In some situations playing around some cards will lose you the game anyway.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think you'd want to summon at least one Taunt with N'Zoth if you're planning to live through Turn 10, so the Standard options would be:

391.png
22353.png
597.png
635940756926994058.png

If anubarak dies a bunch of times and you cast Nzoth do you get multiple anubaraks?

also, huckster is a pretty good target for raptor too.

death rattle rogue I might be okay?

Maybe deathrattle rogue could work in standard. But I feel certain people are going to try and push it a more aggressive route than it should be. And I kinda feel like control rogue could be a thing, and then I see silly cards like entomb and think... no.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Undercity Huckster is like the only time Rogue has gotten a solid 2 drop. Damn.

Also pretty compelling with Unearthed Raptor but I think this set will need at least one more compelling 2 drop deathrattle for that deck to be a thing. And I kind of hope that compelling 2 drop deathrattle comes at a tempo loss like Nerubian Egg.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Undercity Huckster is like the only time Rogue has gotten a solid 2 drop. Damn.

Also pretty compelling with Unearthed Raptor but I think this set will need at least one more compelling 2 drop deathrattle for that deck to be a thing. And I kind of hope that compelling 2 drop deathrattle comes at a tempo loss like Nerubian Egg.

Loot Hoarder might not be terrible since you want to dig for N'Zoth and then getting another card when you have 10 mana is pretty good.

If you're Paladin you're really hoping to dig out Tirion beforehand as well.

Catvoca

Banned
In most games, I find that playing for tempo means clearing enough that I don't have the chance for more than 4 anyway.

Is there a link to his 100 in 10 run? I had a few 9-3 runs in the last few days, but I am nowhere near as consistent as him. If he is commentating his decisions, I would love to learn in-depth thoughts from a superior player.

Here's a link to his channel, his runs are probably in his past recordings https://www.twitch.tv/twobiers. Not sure how much he talks through his plays, since english isn't his first language. Hafu is probably the most consistent arena player, averaging nearly 8 wins, and she does an ok job of explaining her turns. Guardsman Bob is good at explaining his turns too. Kripp had some pretty good youtube videos explaining different arena concepts too, like how to play tempo and when to switch from defensive play to aggression.

I want to like undercity huckster. They keep introducing somewhat interesting 2 drops for rogue and they never seem to pan out. One that can potentially create a card advantage seems fortuitous. But a 2/2 isn't exactly that good of a statline and it's random nature means it can be a dud.

Main thing about N'Zoth though is you probably want to stay away from playing too many lower end Deathrattles. I'm going to assume it's going to work like Kel'Thuzad and summon them in order. So if you play two Loot Hoarders and two Hucksters, you'll end up with a board of 2/1s and 2/2s.

It'll be interesting to see how things like Explorer's Hat, Soul of the Forest, and Unearthed Raptor play with this as well.

ZealousD

Loot Hoarder might not be terrible since you want to dig for N'Zoth and then getting another card when you have 10 mana is pretty good.

If you're Paladin you're really hoping to dig out Tirion beforehand as well.

Loot Hoarder is definitely worth having in Raptor Rogue but it dies too easily on curve. You want to strengthen your Turn 3 Raptor.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I wonder how it works with the rogue raptor... since it's a battle cry... but also a deathrattle?

The clarifications were as follows: http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/1236-new-legendary-minion-nzoth-the-corruptor-also

So would N'Zoth resummon Deathrattle minions that had been silenced?
N'Zoth will raise silenced Deathrattle minions, but not cards that were buffed with Deathrattle or transformed.

For N'Zoth, if more than 6 deathrattle minions have died, how is it decided which minions come back? Ordering or RNG?
N'Zoth embraces chaos, so the resurrected Deathrattle minions will be random.

So seemingly it wouldn't get resummoned.

Loot Hoarder is definitely worth having in Raptor Rogue but it dies too easily on curve. You want to strengthen your Turn 3 Raptor.
Sorry, for some reason I blended posts together and thought you were looking for a two drop for a N'Zoth deck.

Apathy

I wonder how it works with the rogue raptor... since it's a battle cry... but also a deathrattle?

Should only work on minions that have deathrattle as their text to begin with. Raptor has a battlecry.

Otherwise, hunters will be using explorers hat on things.

ZealousD

I guess it is a good thing that there aren't any deathrattle minions with charge, lol.

Pooya

More joke cards for rogue, no one is surprised anymore. And it's a 2/2 even LOL!

If stronger rogue cards supposedly coming in future after some nerf, it's probably not this set. This set was made a long time ago.

Levi

Banned
Undercity Huckster looks like it'll be a snap pick in Arena, where card advantage matters so much than it does in constructed.

Apathy

How many Deathrattles are you expecting to play before you drop N'Zoth on average?

If your board is empty, that's six cards.

Exactly. Remember anyfin at the start? people just tossed every single murloc into a deck. They realized they can chop it down to the chargers + warleaders was enough. The same thing with this god. If you make a deck with it, you won't run every deathrattle card, you run a cut down deck with the best possible deathrattles maybe 2 or 3 or 4 death rattle cards that you want to come back up and can be extremely powerful together.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Huckster looks really really good. Lets go over the strong points:
  • You get a card when it dies. Doesn't matter what the other class is, any card is better than nothing.
  • Decent 2/2 stats. Compare with Dark Peddler, though Discover seems a bit better, this is still very similar.
  • Finally a 2 drop. Rogue has been hurting for a good turn 2 play for so long. Since Coin defias stopped cutting it in Classic, the 2 slot in rogue has been BARREN.
  • FINALLY A 2 DROP FOR ROGUE. I mean Cutpurse is a card, but that ability requires you to go face which sucks. Undercity Valiant in TGT isn't bad, but with Combo that doesn't really make it a decent 2 drop, but more like a 3-4 mana ping.

I think Huckster has a good shot at being pretty staple in a minion based Tempo/Aggro rogue in Standard.

N'Zoth is cool, but clearly aimed at Wild. There are so few big impact Deathrattles in Standard. This card is a god damn nightmare in Wild though. Belchers, Shredders, Sylvannas, etc. Wild Fatigue/Control Warriors are losing their minds.

Ridli

N'Zoth is nice. I also think Doom! Might have value in N'Zoth decks. You can clear the board, draw into N'Zoth if he isn't already in you hand, and although your opponent gets one turn to prepare, you can potentially put down 20+ mana worth of minions the following turn.

Looking forward to see what other death rattles are available.

ZealousD

More joke cards for rogue, no one is surprised anymore. And it's a 2/2 even LOL!

If stronger rogue cards supposedly coming in future after some nerf, it's probably not this set. This set was made a long time ago.

Undercity Huckster is amazing. Are you high?

Pooya

It won't work in any deck because it's a 2/2 with random outcomes giving you cards that have possibly no synergy whatsoever with what you're trying to do. How much burgle saw play? This is even worse actually. Yeah, that one trolden video with burgle etc etc, it's a joke RNG card.

This is not Dark Peddler for rogue, Dark Peddler gives you specific cards, 1 mana cost cards are generally strong for their cost and you have the increased chance of getting cards from YOUR class.

If this card gave you cards from your own class too then it would be interesting. I don't see why you wouldn't play loot hoarder instead. Cards from your own deck will generally be better for you than say getting a paladin secret or something unplayable by playing a 2/2. Why rogue can't have a discover card too? No one knows because Blizzard clearly doesn't know what to do with the class.

Top Bottom