• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

There's no doubt that Dark Peddler is much better than this new card. I am just saying that I would consider running it in Raptor Rogue along with that other new Legendary card. That deck really needs some help because a lot of the strong Deathrattles are removed from the game.
N'Zoth won't ressurect the Raptors, unfortunately.

Pooya

Would you consider playing raptor rogue in standard? Even with N'Zoth I'm not sure it's worth it yet. All the new deathrattles are too weak so far.

edit: I'm pretty sure they will nerf shadowstep now.

There could have been a good 2 drop for rogue between cutpurse and this, unfortunately they missed the mark both times and did something dumb instead.

There's no doubt that Dark Peddler is much better than this new card. I am just saying that I would consider running it in Raptor Rogue along with that other new Legendary card. That deck really needs some help because a lot of the strong Deathrattles are removed from the game.

This is true, but I don't think Huckster is the card to save it. The deathrattle already has questionable value, so getting 2 of them still isn't that great.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
2 of those are discoveries which are generally more consistent and creeper isn't really comparable because it's basically 3/4 worth of stats. That's the biggest problem with the card, it's extremely inconsistent.

Haunted Creeper is not like a Turn 2 Spider Tank. Get outta here with that crap.

ZealousD

You're valuing that one random card way too much for 2/2 body.

I value a random card at 1 mana. Card draw or discover is valued at 1.5 mana.

What value do you place upon a random card? How much should burgle cost to see play?

Pooya

What value do you place upon a random card? How much should burgle cost to see play?

It has almost no value for laser focused classes like rogue actually. Rogue is all about having a game plan and maneuvering the game toward it every turn by planning ahead. Your cards and hero power are built for that. It's not any different for raptor rogue either.

Maybe this card is good for control style deck that you don't care you can't play the card you get anytime soon or ever even. Rogue is not that class, you don't have the health gain to play that kind of game. If this was a mage card for example, I could see the value but this is not mage or priest or whatever. It's not even good for a mid range rogue, you need stronger stats for a 2 drop. It's awful for tempo rogue.

Inside a bubble that when counting mana cost and value, the card is good. In context of rogue class, it's not any good.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I think Burgle is over costed, and should be 2 mana. I also value totally Random Cards at about 1 mana, since there is a good chance you get junk and you can really afford to give up tempo for RNG. The reason Spell Slinger and Unstable Portal are playable is that Spell Slinger is a 3 drop body still, and Portal has the 3 mana discount. The reason Discover is so much better is that it isn't just a random card, you get 3 random cards and pick 1 of them. I say Discover may even be worth 2 mana its self, and the current discover cards are so good because most of them are undercosted.

Undercity Huckster is worse then both Museum Curator and Dark Peddler IMO, but I still think its a good card.

What could make random cards more valuable is if you ever got a way to "trade them in" besides Golden Monkey.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Huckster's value is average at best. The closest comparison is Loot Hoarder. You're trading one of your own cards for your opponents' class card and +1 health. Is that trade worthwhile?

Not to me. Not without a card that said something silly like "your non-rogue, non-neutral cards cost 2 less." as well as a whole bunch of supporting cards for this theme.

Maybe if everyone runs tentacle and first mate as well. I could see Huckster replacing Hoarder.

Forsen's card.

CeViqzMWQAEYMQj.png

Pooya

NO VALUE? So burgle would not even see play at 1 mana? This is your position?

If you read the rest you would have realized what it means. It takes a card slot, you can have 30 cards in your deck so no, you don't put a card that can be useless in your deck. No matter how much 'value' it can have when it's just not good for your deck. If we were building decks like that there would have a lot of non sense cards in every deck. I think I've explained enough how dubious this card is.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Huckster's value is average at best. The closest comparison is Loot Hoarder. You're trading one of your own cards for your opponents' class card and +1 health. Is that trade worthwhile?

Not to me. Not without a card that said something silly like "your non-rogue, non-neutral cards cost 2 less." as well as a whole bunch of supporting cards for this theme.

Neutral Epic, Battle Cry: "New Fate - Cards from other classes now cost (2) less"

Bamn, now you got a card with both Rogue and Priest Synergy, which Hunters and Mages have a small chance to exploit them selves.

Edit: Ok, now I think that could be a card with this new Warlock Spell. God damn thats a cool card.

Dragner

even with all the randomness it redouces the cost of all your deck by 1. even neutral cards, can make a deck where class card has low weight and its a 2 mana emperor.

Thats insane.

ZealousD

If you read the rest you would have realized what it means. It takes a card slot, you can have 30 cards in your deck so no, you don't put a card that can be useless in your deck. No matter how much 'value' it can have when it's just not good for your deck. If we were building decks like that there would have a lot of non sense cards in every deck. I think I've explained enough how dubious this card is.

Dude you still aren't answering my question. How much would burgle have to cost to see play? Or are you actually going to take the position that it wouldn't even see play at 0 mana?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
even with all the randomness it redouces the cost of all your deck by 1. even neutral cards, can make a deck where class card has low weight and its a 2 mana emperor.

Thats insane.

No, it only replaces your Warlock Cards, the Neutrals stay the same and don't get any discount.

Dude you still aren't answering my question. How much would burgle have to cost to see play? Or are you actually going to take the position that it wouldn't even see play at 0 mana?

-1 mana
troll.gif

Pooya

It changes your entire deck btw! lol

I'm not going to answer dumb questions.

Which hero's cards do you get? Is it a Discover where you get to pick from 3 random heroes, or is it totally random? Either way, it still seems like junk.

Sheroking

That might be the strangest card in Hearthstone history. I'm not sure it will be any good, because you know you're going to pick/get Paladin or something and have all your good Warlock cards turn into Humilities and shit. I suppose there's a chance you get good cards and a decent discounted curve and run over your opponent.

It's a card that probably demands it's own deck be built around it.

sibarraz

Banned
N'zoth seems like a super broken card. Is like anyfin can happen and Kelthuzad without any of their drawbacks (Having minions on the field/only murlocs) PLUS a body

Dahbomb

That card is super YGO esque in design in that it's either beyond broken or it's garbage.

It's sort of like Astral Vision in that regard.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That might be the strangest card in Hearthstone history. I'm not sure it will be any good, because you know you're going to pick/get Paladin or something and have all your good Warlock cards turn into Humilities and shit. I suppose there's a chance you get good cards and a decent discounted curve and run over your opponent.

It's a card that probably demands it's own deck be built around it.

You sort of have to, to get value out of it you need to have a decent number of Class cards to transform. Maybe it would be worth it in a control deck, you put the warlock cards that are good early on but start to really suck the later the game goes, then play this when you don't want to tap anymore.

You could also use this in some really gimpy inspire deck, since this card effectively lets you tap hero power twice. But with no new inspire cards, that isn't likely to be possible.

gutshot

That card seems like it could be pretty good. Class cards in general have good value and getting them all for 1-mana cheaper could be insane. The randomness, of course, keeps it from being totally overpowered. Definitely a card that will be fun to experiment with.

So you don't know.

That's what I'm hearing. You don't know what a random card is worth.

It's pretty hard to put a value on a completely random card. Although you can come up with some sort of average, the variance is going to be so wide that the average doesn't really tell you a whole lot. The lack of dependability makes it worth significantly less than a regular card draw, so it's usually a better choice to play something else entirely. Burgle doesn't see play because Fan of Knives exists. I don't think Huckster will see much play because Loot Hoarder exists.

Top Bottom