• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Pooya

Except the Stealth one, that is straight up the stealth spare part.

I really hope there are other cards that spawn Toxins. I loved spare parts. Maybe they could give them all to rogue though, since I don't know if Blizzard wants to give other classes Shadow Step (Even if it is 1 mana)

Stealth one is actually really good though, it's the best spare part. You can put it on gadgetzan or malygos for example.

Pooya

It's explorer's hat for warrior. With this card you will always have a weapon!! they made this for fatigue wars warrior is always in.

ViviOggi

It's legit baffling how absurdly Blitz overvalues that already questionable text. They budget more than 3 mana for the return to hand which makes it an unbelievably anti-tempo play, you'd feel bad if you got that shit for free from Mad Weaponsmith because you lose the game when you make use of the effect. It's as if Skeleton Knight and Poisoned Blade had a disgusting baby, at least it's epic so it can't haunt arena players

Blizzard wants this mechanic of cards returning to your hand to work but it's not happening. Too slow of a mechanic for this game.
They just overvalue how good it is. +1/+1 for 2 mana is too awful to play, 2/2 weapon for 5 mana is too awful to play, the value of getting it back isn't worth so much.

I wonder if Explorers Hat would be played if it was 1 mana.

Owzers

even though i want to get into warrior eventually i don't think death's bite deserved to be replaced, too good. One weapon that swings twice, kills for 5 damage to something on the second swing along with AoE, enables patrons and Garrosh, enables execute to most anything.

JesseZao

It's legit baffling how absurdly Blitz overvalues that already questionable text. They budget more than 3 mana for the return to hand which makes it an unbelievably anti-tempo play, you'd feel bad if you got that shit for free from Mad Weaponsmith because you lose the game when you make use of the effect. It's as if Skeleton Knight and Poisoned Blade had a disgusting baby, at least it's epic so it can't haunt arena players

Watch there be another warrior card that equips a random weapon from your hand as a deathrattle or something. Like Voidcaller for warriors. No other way I'd want to spend 5 for first equip, let alone any subsequent equip.

Sheroking

This is 100% bs, Death's Bite has played a huge part in keeping Warrior competitive since Naxx. Balanced = bad in constructed HS

OP bullshit card is necessary to fight other OP bullshit cards.

Other OP bullshit cards are leaving the meta. Not more need for a busted weapon like Death's Bite. Return to using your actually well designed weapon.

Based just on stats it's worse than Fiery War Axe, a two drop. So you get to pay three extra mana for a worse weapon than a two drop for the opportunity to do it again? Baffling

Pooya

I really hope there are other cards that spawn Toxins. I loved spare parts. Maybe they could give them all to rogue though, since I don't know if Blizzard wants to give other classes Shadow Step (Even if it is 1 mana)

The toxins are rogue cards actually, if there are other cards that make toxins, they are going to be for rogue too. I think these cards just like emerald dreams are made specifically for this card.

They just overvalue how good it is. +1/+1 for 2 mana is too awful to play, 2/2 weapon for 5 mana is too awful to play, the value of getting it back isn't worth so much.

I wonder if Explorers Hat would be played if it was 1 mana.
I spent a whole day trying to make the hat work because I love value-oriented cards, and I absolutely think it would see play at 1 mana. The main problem was that Hunter can't win the tempo game because his card options are so weak for the long-term, he has no combo game outside of Juggler+UTH, he just has good midrange tempo and Face damage. So you're constantly sacrificing 2 damage to the face to win the game for +1/+1 on a minion, and it just isn't a good idea. You also can't justify spending 4 mana per turn on 2 damage and +1/+1, because then you're playing horribly underpowered minions every turn just to keep the facade up.

The hat could be 1 mana for +1/+0, and I think it would see play.

As for the tentacles card, it would be appropriately costed at 4 mana, but without spiteful smith, the card is straight booty.

I think it sucks even at 4 mana. We already have Arathi Weaponsmith for 4 mana, and it sucks pretty hard. This card doesn't give you the 3/3 body and all you get in return is the opportunity to waste another 4 mana on a junk weapon. At 5 mana? Completely worthless. The only conceivable use it has is in a fatigue deck so that you have an infinite card. It would also act as filler for Elise to turn into a legendary. Probably still not worth it.

Szadek

The new warrior Card is useful for fatigue wars and can also turn into another legendary after a monkey play , but that's about it.

ViviOggi

Other OP bullshit cards are leaving the meta. Not more need for a busted weapon like Death's Bite. Return to using your actually well designed weapon.
There is no returning to Arcanite Reaper as it has never been played outside of low tier face lists due to being trash. 1 HP flood minions aren't leaving the meta and neither is the Warrior's defining mechanic of exploiting the board through hurting their own minions.

Judging from the tone of your posts you clearly hold a grudge against the class and don't realize how massive the gap between DB and Arcanite Reaper actually is.

Zemm

Sorry not sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

Pooya

The new warrior Card is useful for fatigue wars and can also turn into another legendary after a monkey play , but that's about it.

You actually don't want to turn it into legendary, you want to have a way to interact with board after playing monkey, that's the main problem of playing monkey.

If it was 3 attack it would definitely see play. It's that not far from a playable card...

Right now you have gorehowl that will last for a long time, might as well play that. This one is Harrison/Ooze proof though. but 2 attack is just useless at that stage of game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh yeah, that could work. You equip the weapon, then play Monkey.

If it was 4 mana or 3 damage, it would be easier to see it being played. In a vacuum and with what we know now, its sucks. It will take the biggest Miracle of Synergy to ever see play.

I think Xaril will actually see play. He has bad tempo, but at 4 mana, Rogue can likely afford to lose tempo that turn. I feel Blizzard is trying to push a N'zoth Rogue deck.

Sheroking

There is no returning to Arcanite Reaper as it has never been played outside of low tier face lists due to being trash. 1 HP flood minions aren't leaving the meta and neither is the Warrior's defining mechanic of exploiting the board through hurting their own minions.

Judging from the tone of your posts you clearly hold a grudge against the class and don't realize how massive the gap between DB and Arcanite Reaper actually is.

I play Warrior all the time. I don't "hold grudges" against classes, I just refuse to let someone whine about the most broken card in the most consistently competitive class in Hearthstone.

Death's Bite was under-costed power-creep. It has too many synergies and enables far too much. Armor gain, card draw, enablers for Grom, Frothing's, Patron's while working as AOE. It is in every Warrior deck ever conceived, regardless of the deck's design. It might be the most auto-included card in all of Hearthstone. That's not broken?

Zoo decks aren't going anywhere. You know what else isn't going anywhere? Whirlwind. Revenge. Brawl. Use your fair and well designed cards, not your bullshit all-in-one solution.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, Revenge is gone next year, but yeah, Death's Bite is just too good. its such great tempo, because most 4 and 5 drops have 5 HP.

Naxx as a whole is too good. I'm very glad its rotating out, I was worried Blizzard would never do it a few months ago.

How can that video say Indiana Jones isn't a Hearthstone card?

I play Warrior all the time. I don't "hold grudges" against classes, I just refuse to let someone whine about the most broken card in the most consistently competitive class in Hearthstone.

Death's Bite was under-costed power-creep. It has too many synergies and enables far too much. Armor gain, card draw, enablers for Grom, Frothing's, Patron's while working as AOE. It is in every Warrior deck ever conceived, regardless of the deck's design. It might be the most auto-included card in all of Hearthstone. That's not broken?

Zoo decks aren't going anywhere. You know what else isn't going anywhere? Whirlwind. Revenge. Brawl. Use your fair and well designed cards, not your bullshit all-in-one solution.
Death's Bite is a cool card. This game could use more cards like that.

LOL @ calling Brawl fair or well-designed.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It is in every Warrior deck ever conceived, regardless of the deck's design. It might be the most auto-included card in all of Hearthstone. That's not broken?

C2ndorW.png

Apathy

Well so far two weapon cards for warriors have been shown and one will probably find a spot in arena and the other one no one likes. Like how many more cards out of the set will be weapons for warriors. Not many more if any, so I don't have high hopes for a decent weapon for warriors

Zoggy

deaths bite is a good card, but it needs to go because it's an auto-include in every warrior deck and warriors identity is basically based around that weapons deathrattle.

and its replacement shouldn't be similar to DB, it should have a different and interesting design to push more warrior archetype.

this is true for all classes. when was the last time a class got a new archetype in the meta after expansion?

the real answer is secret paladin after MC lol.

deaths bite is a good card, but it needs to go because it's an auto-include in every warrior deck and warriors identity is basically based around that weapons deathrattle.

and its replacement shouldn't be similar to DB, it should have a different and interesting design to push more warrior archetype.

this is true for all classes. when was the last time a class got a new archetype in the meta after expansion?

So you want more archetypes for Warriors by getting rid of one?

Apathy

If auto included cards were a problem, there's a huge load of them that every other class has that need nerfs or gotten rid of

Pooya

If fireball isn't nerfed this round but other lesser evils get nerfed I will be pissed. It's really bs, more so with archmage. Any minion that you can't kill on turn, you just lose from whatever board state or hp is just really bad design.

If fireball isn't nerfed this round but other lesser evils get nerfed I will be pissed. It's really bs, more so with archmage. Any minion that you can't kill on turn, you just lose from whatever board state or hp is just really bad design.
You think Fireball is unfair?

Apathy

Just wish there was a weapon with sweeping strike as the added affect, do half the damage of the weapon to a random minion next to the one you hit (and that one takes full damage)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't think there's going to be a Death's Bite replacement.

Blizzard made a statement not that long ago that they felt it would be bad for the game if Handlock was a deck that was around forever.

I don't think they meant that literally in the sense of "HANDLOCK BAD!!!", but rather that they want the traditional archetypes enabled by the base set to either go away, or change to the point that they're very significantly different decks.

Leaving Death's Bite out makes Patron a pretty impractical deck to use, and getting rid of such a good mid-game removal option moves Control Warrior to having to fight for the board with minions using something like a C'Thun deck instead.

Similarly Mid-Range Druid is losing combo, they've heavily hinted at Giant nerfs for Handlock, and I wouldn't at all be shocked to see Alexstrasza get nerfed with an eye toward Freeze Mage. They're presumably not happy with Rogue using its current archetype either given they're talking about nerfing their cards to boot.

control warrior will be just fine without deaths bite. they still have whirlwind, revenge and inner rage for patron warrior. and
sea reaver lol
As someone who loves Patron Warrior, the deck just wouldn't be possible without Death's Bite right now. You thrive on that turn 5 Inner Rage + Death's Bite deathrattle combo for 4 Patrons. You can't use Revenge because it's not uncommon for your health to get low in this meta, and that means you're going to do 3 damage to all of your Patrons, killing them. So you're really left with Whirlwind, Cruel Taskmaster (2 mana, so it's more of a late-game help than early combo material), and Inner Rage. Of those, only Whirlwind is really going to give you the board you need. We're also losing Unstable Ghoul, so we're really going from 6 whirlwinds to 2. That new 1 mana 1/1 is unproven and needs a turn to become activated, so it's hard to value that yet. If we had Death's Bite in standard, then the 1 mana 1/1 could be really good because you could combo it with Death's Bite on turn 6 as you play a Patron Warrior for 4 Patrons (or 7 if you have Inner Rage).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You think Fireball is unfair?

Fireball is one of the strongest spells in the games. I think Death Bite is actually better then fireball, Deaths Bite does so much more. Deathbite gives you the versatility to act as Swipe, Arcane Reaper, and Whirlwind, depending on how you use it (Hell, it can and often does act as all three for a positive effect)

Portugeezer

Fireball is one of the strongest spells in the games. I think Death Bite is actually better then fireball, Deaths Bite does so much more. Deathbite gives you the versatility to act as Swipe, Arcane Reaper, and Whirlwind, depending on how you use it (Hell, it can and often does act as all three for a positive effect)

But you can see the Deathsbite.

Top Bottom