• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

squidyj

Weren't you just complaining about losing with Aggro Druid?

Also you free for the card review?

not tonight and I don't know when I would be coming up :(
I ran aggro druid cuz I had a druid quest and it was already in my deck list.
Mostly I'm playing control rogue.

All this talk about Drs makes me wonder what the highest value turns 1-10 tempo would look like with the following rules:

You cast one card per turn
You use all mana each turn
You can have the dream draw of any card from any class.

Xanathus

All this talk about Drs makes me wonder what the highest value turns 1-10 tempo would look like with the following rules:

It's been already seen in that Tavern Brawl 3? weeks ago. Zombie Chow, Shielded Minibot, Muster for Battle, Shredder/Truesilver Champion, Loatheb/Belcher, Mysterious Challenger, Dr. Boom, Tyrion Fordring, Onyxia, game is already over before turn 9.

Assuming you want the best possible thing to drop -

Chow
Minibot
Muster
Shredder
Loatheb/Belcher
MC/Thaurissan
Boom
Rag/Tirion
Ysera
Varian

jgminto

Trump is making pretty bold claims for this expansion, will be funny to see if he thinks the same in a month or so.

e.g. Entomb won't be run, Keeper of Uldaman is the best card in the set, Forgotten Torch won't be run in Freeze.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It's been already seen in that Tavern Brawl 3? weeks ago. Zombie Chow, Shielded Minibot, Muster for Battle, Shredder/Truesilver Champion, Loatheb/Belcher, Mysterious Challenger, Dr. Boom, Tyrion Fordring, Onyxia, game is already over before turn 9.

Don't forget that this tavern brawl had so many open slots you could run 2x Wisp and 2x Target Dummy

ZealousD

Trump is making pretty bold claims for this expansion, will be funny to see if he thinks the same in a month or so.

He thought Fencing Coach was insane.

He thought Kvaldir Raider should have been a 5/5 and said it would be bad in arena.

He said Mukla's Champion could have been a 5/5 and he still would have called it bad.

When evaluating Living Roots, he did nothing but compare it to Zombie Chow.

e.g. Entomb won't be run, Keeper of Uldaman is the best card in the set, Forgotten Torch won't be run in Freeze.

His thoughts on Entomb and Forgotten Torch are not bold. I agree on both.

Keeper of Uldaman definitely has potential. I would not underestimate that card. I think Unearthed Raptor is probably the best card in the set (and by best I mean overpowered as fuck) but Keeper of Uldaman might be in my Top 5.

Dahbomb

When evaluating Living Roots, he did nothing but compare it to Zombie Chow.
I don't remember that part but comparing Living Roots to another staple 1 drop is a good thing. Unless he was saying stuff like "why would you ever run Living Roots over Zombie Chow?"

jgminto

His thoughts on Entomb and Forgotten Torch are not bold. I agree on both.

Keeper of Uldaman definitely has potential. I would not underestimate that card. I think Unearthed Raptor is probably the best card in the set (and by best I mean overpowered as fuck) but Keeper of Uldaman might be in my Top 5.

I think Entomb will find some use in Control Priest, as it will be a useful tool against Control Warrior which is one of the harder match ups for the deck. The Keeper seems like it has potential but it also seems really awkward to fit in a deck.

Dahbomb

They should make a 30 card Raven Idol Brawl.

LMAO chat spamming Dr 3 while Trump is reviewing Mounted Raptor.

LOL even Trump said it.

caesar

Banned
Dr 1 secret keeper coin avenge
Dr 2 minibot
Dr 3 muster
Dr 4 shredder
Dr 5 loatheb
Dr 6 whoami?
Dr 7
Dr 8 Tirion
Dr 9 well met

Typical scummadin curve

ZealousD

I don't remember that part but comparing Living Roots to another staple 1 drop is a good thing. Unless he was saying stuff like "why would you ever run Living Roots over Zombie Chow?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K79g9zPWrc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtYs3dsX7i0#t=49m57s

Basically, whenever he mentions the saplings he spends the vast majority of his time discussing the card in some kind of anti-aggressive context. He gives minor lip service to its power with savage roar but ultimate he goes back to zombie chow. This is despite the fact that its ultimate use was on the complete other side of the world and could not be more different than zombie chow.

I think Entomb will find some use in Control Priest, as it will be a useful tool against Control Warrior which is one of the harder match ups for the deck. The Keeper seems like it has potential but it also seems really awkward to fit in a deck.

Entomb is in a bizarre middle ground between SW:D and Mind Control. If you want a faster and lower curve response you should stick with SW:D. If you want something to counter other control decks then MC is going to get you much better value. High cost removal is difficult to justify in this current meta, so it's not like you have to option to run any combination of these either, you have to make a choice.

Uldaman Keeper could replace Blessing of Kings. I don't think its inclusion is necessarily that awkward.

ZealousD

Trump trying to explain to chat with math why that Golden Monkey card is ass.

I started watching it just to see the train wreck of some of his predictions. Dude getting hung up on specifics. Point being that you're probably only going to have a few cards in your deck once you finally draw the golden monkey.

I missed the earlier part of his explanation, though. Did he even mention how awful it is just to draw the map on your turn? That you have to pay 2 mana just to get the card you were going to draw anyway?

Dahbomb

Really? He was saying that it might get played in control decks... Did he change his mind already?
He was basically saying that on average you would get the full combo when you have 4-5 cards left in your deck. So in most cases it's not even worth it if you get it off and most of the time you won't even get the combo off.

He also said that for you to get maximum value out of the card you would have to hard mulligan for the Starseeker and keep it in your opening hand to play it on turn 4. The later you play it the worse off it will be of course. But then he was saying how saving a 4 drop like that in your opening hand is really weak and it's also weak to play a 3/5 on turn 4.

Summed up:

*Need to mulligan for the 4 mana minion and play it on turn 4 to have any form of consistency. Neither options are desirable as it is.

*On average, you would've gone through most of the deck before you actually complete the combo. Most games would've been decided by that time already. He spent a good amount of time trying to get into the mathematics of it.

*The 2 mana card basically does nothing on the board and is a huge tempo loss.

*For most decks you don't even want a hand full of Legendaries, sometimes you need an efficient removal and you can't really do that with a hand full of expensive legendaries.

jgminto

The Monkey effect seems bad even if it was easier to get, there are a lot of bad Legendaries so potentially replacing cards you want in your deck with stuff like Lorewalker Cho, Nat Pagle and Majordomo is not something you'd want. Maybe if it also heavily discounted the mana cost of all the Legendaries it would be closer to worth it.

It is just a combo that gives new players a chance to play with legendary cards.

It shouldn't be taken seriously, but is a fun addition.

Something like "change your hero power to "discover a legendary minion" would be a good payoff.

jgminto

It is just a combo that gives new players a chance to play with legendary cards.

It shouldn't be taken seriously, but is a fun addition.

Something like "change your hero power to "discover a legendary minion" would be a good payoff.

That might be worth it.

That's insane.

Well when the requirement for a card is approaching YuGiOh level of card draw skill, it should probably swing the game quite a bit.

That's insane.

Yes, and appropriately so.

Seeing somebody try to pull off that combo, as unlikely as it is, should be an "oh shit, got to win quick" moment not a "lol". Even then it is balanced by having to spend 2 mana to get a legendary, so you could only play something 8 or below (assuming you got 3 good ones to pick from!)

I think it'd work.

zoukka

Rogue dailies are funny in this paladin meta. I have to spend so many cards, make so many decisions just to clear one fucking dr 6 and take a million damage while doing it...

Unearthed Raptor (aka the real dr.3) can't come soon enough.

Pooya

man, people don't seem to understand Reno Jackson. Strifecro was asked about it on the stream and it was just making decks around singles and all that....

If you're drawing almost your whole deck almost every game, it doesn't matter, like in freeze mage. The chances of you having two copies of a card in like your last 7-8 cards are pretty low.

Top Bottom