• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

zoukka

man, people don't seem to understand Reno Jackson. Strifecro was asked about it on the stream and it was just making decks around singles and all that....

If you're drawing almost your whole deck almost every game, it doesn't matter, like in freeze mage. The chances of you having two copies of a card in like your last 7-8 cards are pretty low.

Yet if you do have dupes in the bottom of your deck, you are dead with Reno in your hand. Think of Joust, even a small chance of failing, makes the card unplayable in the long run.

Pooya

Joust failing chance isn't small.... you can't control your opponent's deck but you can control yours for this one to work.

The card is still way better than a healbot in freezemage, sure you will lose some games by it when a healbot would be better if it's winning more games it's worth it. It's pretty much how people don't like Fel Reaver when it wins a lot of games, but man that one game I lost because it burned the house it somehow sticks, so card must suck right.

I will predict this card will be very good and crushing for the opponents in any stall fatigue style deck which are actually popular right now between freezemage and warrior.

so w/ my dragon warrior deck I have a 100% win rate w/ coin and a 35% win rate w/o coin. The discrepancy and terrible playing when first is real

jgminto

Reno will probably be really nice in Mill Druid. You can use your regular heals to get you to fatigue and then use Reno to lock down the win.
Joust failing chance isn't small....

The card is still way better than a healbot in freezemage, sure you will lose some games by it when a healbot would be better if it's winning more games it's worth it. It's pretty much how people don't like Fel Reaver when it wins a lot of games, but man that one game I lost because it burned the house it somehow sticks, so card must suck right.

I will predict this card will be very good and crushing for the opponents in any stall fatigue style deck which are actually popular right now between freezemage and warrior.
It doesn't count the cards in hand, does it? It probably wouldn't work for Freeze Mage if it does since you'd be holding doubles of your spells.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
That might be worth it.

Well when the requirement for a card is approaching YuGiOh level of card draw skill, it should probably swing the game quite a bit.

Yes, and appropriately so.

Seeing somebody try to pull off that combo, as unlikely as it is, should be an "oh shit, got to win quick" moment not a "lol". Even then it is balanced by having to spend 2 mana to get a legendary, so you could only play something 8 or below (assuming you got 3 good ones to pick from!)

I think it'd work.

The reason I don't like it is that it gives you infinite cards in your deck, basically. Suddenly a card like that would be extremely valuable in some kind of fatigue deck (barf). Who cares if you run out of cards in your deck? You could just generate more from your hero power.

And really, I don't want fatigue decks to be viable or powerful, ever.

Pooya

Reno will probably be really nice in Mill Druid. You can use your regular heals to get you to fatigue and then use Reno to lock down the win.
It doesn't count the cards in hand, does it? It probably wouldn't work for Freeze Mage if it does since you'd be holding doubles of your spells.

It says in your deck, what you drew won't count.

jgminto

The reason I don't like it is that it gives you infinite cards in your deck, basically. Suddenly a card like that would be extremely valuable in some kind of fatigue deck (barf). Who cares if you run out of cards in your deck? You could just generate more from your hero power.

I don't think you'd focus on fatigue with that kind of ability, it would be better suited to burning through your own deck as quickly as possible and then discovering the strongest cards you can each turn, much like Patron used to search for combo pieces.

If you had a reliable way to burn through your whole deck, why would you even need this card?

You'd just run some bullshit combo and win anyway.

If anything, it would stop long cw mirrors/fatigue games because you would still have stuff to keep playing. That is why I run saraad in my cw.

So here's something interesting I want to know about Reno Jackson. Does Beneath the Grounds stop him from working? Maybe an Iron Juggernaut bounce deck will stop him too, lol.

Yet to be seen. Also, will Reno Jackson glow when his condition is met? Otherwise I dunno how you play him without actively keeping track or using deck tracker

squidyj

Yet if you do have dupes in the bottom of your deck, you are dead with Reno in your hand. Think of Joust, even a small chance of failing, makes the card unplayable in the long run.

what I like about reno is you have to know. you have to know what's left in your deck, every card you've drawn. You can't be wrong. sure in normal ladder play people will be running with a deck tracker and bullshit but if he winds up in a tournament deck?

god I hope he doesn't glow. that would ruin everything.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I hope he doesn't glow just for that one game that will happen, where someone actually pulls off a Golden Monkey and would swing the game in their favor with a newly aquired Reno, just to later discover there are duplicates of Millhouse at the bottom of the deck.

Dragner

Im excited about Brann Bronzebeard. It seems awesome for dragon priest, the deck is ALL Battlecries and has high butt to go with the priest hero power.

Pooya

Brann is alright, but how you can use him more than once? it's bound to die on turn. Maybe in rogue with conceal and things like that but I'm not sure rogue has a use for it, I guess raptor gains 2 deathrattles of same kind so you get two neurbians when it dies so evne one use of it like that is really good. For everyone else I feel it's too hard to use for more than a card and enough value for it to be worthwhile. Healbot combo will always be nice though.

I'm sticking with Reno to be the legendary from this set, successor to Loatheb and Emperor! (Obviously no where as good as either but better than the rest in the set.)

Maybe healbot combo with Brann makes Reno worthless, I kinda doubt it or at least not for every purpose.

Dre

I'm on #teambrann, I think he will be the Loatheb/Emperor Thaurissan from this adventure and see the most play.

I even expect to see a turn 10 Dr. Boom with 4 Boombots every once in a while. Or even the Shrinkmeister/Cabal Shadowpriest combo on Tirion if Brann got a discount from Emperor Thaurissan.

ZealousD

I'm not sure about Brann. I wouldn't say he's as playable or general purpose as Loatheb or Thaurissan. He could be more like Baron Rivendare instead. Though obviously he has a better stat distribution than Rivendare.

zoukka

Brann is cheap enough so you don't have to try and establish him on curve. With enough powerful battlecries he could be viable. He has insane potential with cards like Healbot, Quartermaster, BGH and big ass legendaries. I think 3 mana is the sweetspot, 4 would be too expensive to combo with your other cards. His biggest downside is that in topdick mode he is a dead draw which is a big issue for any deck and why cards like Rivendare never saw any play.

G.ZZZ

Brann is cheap enough so you don't have to try and establish him on curve. With enough powerful battlecries he could be viable. He has insane potential with cards like Healbot, Quartermaster, BGH and big ass legendaries. I think 3 mana is the sweetspot, 4 would be too expensive to combo with your other cards. His biggest downside is that in topdick mode he is a dead draw which is a big issue for any deck and why cards like Rivendare never saw any play.

Malylock maybe?

He's a body on T3 which could be extremely useful to curb early aggression. Brann into 4/13 Drakes ain't bad, or 4/6 guardian taunt or even 8 life funnel cakes. At 5 healbots heal you for 16 or ur corruptors hit for 6 damage. Those are all cards that you already play anyway.

what I like about reno is you have to know. you have to know what's left in your deck, every card you've drawn. You can't be wrong. sure in normal ladder play people will be running with a deck tracker and bullshit but if he winds up in a tournament deck?

god I hope he doesn't glow. that would ruin everything.

Whats the difference between ending up in a ladder deck or normal ladder with tracker? Every tournament lets you bring notes. Any pro player running this card is going to know what cards are left in their deck.

Parshias7

Malylock maybe?

He's a body on T3 which could be extremely useful to curb early aggression. Brann into 4/13 Drakes ain't bad, or 4/6 guardian taunt or even 8 life funnel cakes. At 5 healbots heal you for 16 or ur corruptors hit for 6 damage. Those are all cards that you already play anyway.

Yeah, I don't think Brann is the type of card you try to build a deck around, but rather find a deck with a bunch of battlecries in it and fit him in. Dragon Priest might be able to make good use of him, they have a ton of battlecries. Maybe cut one Dark Cultist for Brann.

Pooya

It probably lights up anyway.

edit: Thijs is reviewing his match with Ostkaka, this is the most educational high level hearthstone video ever.

Hearthstone needs to rip battle of wits from MTG and let us dictate deck size.

Oh how I wish it so.

Was my all time favorite deck back in the day. Almost made top 8 at states with it.

Of course the game doesn't have the cards to allow such a deck, but it would be awesome at some point.

Pooya

Maybe if redemption is up and you BGH Dr. Boom for example, it kills the 7/1 boom too. Secrets trigger in battlecry phase, so redemption should trigger after first BGH hits, now if the second BGH battlecry actually sees this 7/1 or not you gotta experiment to find out.

Lol... this paladin got an ancient watcher off his shredder. The shredder got redemption and died and then he got a second ancient watcher.

edit:
Just played and beat twobiers on his stream lol, my control paladin vs his patron

I confirmed afterwards, didn't even know he streamed.

Just lost a game vs mage due to 2 boom bots hitting me with a board of 5-6 targets... wtf

Yeah, I don't think Brann is the type of card you try to build a deck around, but rather find a deck with a bunch of battlecries in it and fit him in. Dragon Priest might be able to make good use of him, they have a ton of battlecries. Maybe cut one Dark Cultist for Brann.

yea im going to be testing him out in the dragon decks

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
An Actual Activision Blizzard Press Release said:
Activision Blizzard (Nasdaq: ATVI) today announced the launch of Activision Blizzard Studios, a new film and television studio devoted to creating original content based on the company's extensive library of iconic and globally-recognized intellectual properties. Activision Blizzard's owned content includes some of the most popular entertainment franchises in the world, including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, Diablo®, Hearthstone® and StarCraft®.

http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=941323
Blizzard to soon rename WoW to World of Hearthstone.

inky

Well, isn't Warcraft its own movie now? Probably just letting investors know what else they can will make a terrible movie/tv show out of.

Makes a lot of sense tbh. Their CG cutscenes are pretty damn awesome and they stated they want to tell overwatch's story outside of the game itself.

edit:
If anyone is looking for a paladin list that is not standard midrange or secret paladin, I have been having some success with this one (17-8)

Taxi Paladin

Hearthstone_Screenshot_11_10_15_10_59_38.png

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, isn't Warcraft its own movie now? Probably just letting investors know what else they can will make a terrible movie/tv show out of.

This is about their internal initiatives. Their actual presentation slides make distinct references to Warcraft, but I'm just amused that Hearthstone is increasingly used in place of Warcraft in Blizzard references.

This happened when WoW was taking off as well (referring to everything as World of Warcraft characters, etc), but at least that still had Warcraft in the name when being used.

ZealousD

If anyone is looking for a paladin list that is not standard midrange or secret paladin, I have been having some success with this one (17-8)

Taxi Paladin

That looks like standard midrange but with refreshment vendor instead of Shredder. =X

Edit: oh, and Eadric and KT instead of jugglers.

Sweet revenge. I played a dreadsteed warlock over an hour ago and happened to queue into him again. This time I won. Feelsgoodman.

That looks like standard midrange but with refreshment vendor instead of Shredder. =X

Edit: oh, and Eadric and KT instead of jugglers.

It is really just slightly tuned version of my midrangish-control paladin that I made and played in gvg (and iterated in brm + tgt). But yeah it has similarities to midrange paladin although I am not 100% positive with every card it runs.

edit:
Yeah I looked at midrange paladin and they're running a couple different cards than I am. Coghammer, for example, then you got shredders, knife jugglers... I am running double 6 drops, double 7 drops, and double 8 drops. Pretty big differences :)

I started running this deck to get a break from rogue a couple days ago. And it is holding up pretty well, currently 19-8 (70.4%).

Szadek

Obviously you play Brann in warlock.Just think of the possibilities.
Flame Imp,Succubus,Felguard, Pit Lord, Doomguard...
Of course you would also play Ancient Shade.

greepoman

Im excited about Brann Bronzebeard. It seems awesome for dragon priest, the deck is ALL Battlecries and has high butt to go with the priest hero power.

Is it though? Like other people mention if it's a good card people will kill it so you'll get one activation at most. Which battlecry is worth that and what would you replace with brann? Currently you usually run velens and shadow word death at the 3 spot and I'd argue a velens is better than a double battlecry of something else. Corruptor for 6 dmg sounds nice but a lot of times you'll need to use it before turn 8 for 3 dmg anyway.

If anything I think brann might be more useful in a face deck where you runs lance carriers, abusive sgts, etc and just play him on curve and make your opponent deal with him.

There's decent variety on ladder at the moment because people are bored and try-hards aren't playin but as soon as the adventure comes out and the dust settles it's gonna be full on aggro again.

inky

4.0 patch is up.

Went 9-3 with my Dragon Warrior today, but I'm seeing a lot of weird decks, including more Warriors too.

Top Bottom