• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

You see the comparison to Darkscale Healer sooner than you see the comparison to Healbot?

You get one more point of stats for the Cult Apothecary and most of the time you'll get at least 4 health from it, compared to Healbot. Refreshment Vendor is probably better in most decks, but for decks that just give up the board and rely on comeback mechanisms - Murloc paladin, Freeze Mage, most Combo and a few Control decks - this card is much, much better than Darkscale Healer and maybe better than Refreshment Vendor.

I see the comparison to Healbot as well, but Cult Apothecary is going to be a heal for 2-4 most of the time it's played. You're better off wiping the other player's board than dropping a heal and leaving them minions to slap the health back off of you and at 5 mana for Cult Apothecary, it's hard to do both in the same turn. Freeze Mage is probably the only deck that would be able to make consistent use of it.

I think that even if you heal for 14, that means you're probably going to be hit in the face for 14, or more next turn. Healbot was best used to get out of range of death after you stabilize. I expect this will target some decks, perhaps. But maybe not good enough to use in general.

Hearthstone Facebook page updated their cover photo with what I assume to be Y'shaarj.

Guessing the blog post/reveal will be around Wednesday or Thursday of this week, similar to C'thun and N'Zoth.

12472450_1083312675044833_890169132062773995_n.png

It totally is since we know what Yogg-Saron looks like but the mural in Heart of Fear looks different. Then again he has seven heads.

bjaelke

I think that even if you heal for 14, that means you're probably going to be hit in the face for 14, or more next turn. Healbot was best used to get out of range of death after you stabilize. I expect this will target some decks, perhaps. But maybe not good enough to use in general.

Could potentially work with Shadowflame. Probably wont.

Apathy

So there are still cards from last weeks votes that need to be released right

Edit: yeah, it's the future version of deathwing with his wings destroyed on top of wyrmrest temple, before he is impaled

Was gonna vote for my boy Firebat but it's a shitty Murloc, the dragon it is then

And wtf is Apothecary? Dropping an low tempo heal is the exact opposite of what you want to do when facing a big board

I can see it being good if you're opponent filled their board with a bunch of non-threatening crap(1/1s or totems), also you don't have to play it vs a filled board and it's got okay stats.

ViviOggi

Lmao it's literally Deathwing

I can see it being good if you're opponent filled their board with a bunch of non-threatening crap(1/1s or totems), also you don't have to play it vs a filled board and it's got okay stats.
4/4 is really bad for 5 mana, especially when we're assuming Yeti-ish cards will define the turn 4 meta.

This is not a Healbot replacement by any stretch, Funnel Cakes and ERF are much better all-purpose neutral heals. Like Dahbomb said it's a (very niche) tech card and that's fine as long as Blitz doesn't drop the ball on printing good class heals this expansion.

Apathy

Amaz's looks like an ancient shade. Kiblers looks like deathwing in the loading screen for the wow instance of end times

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They noted they were pretty excited that Antique Healbot was leaving due to being able to go with class heals, so I'd be surprised if the vast majority of classes didn't have them. Maybe not Hunter.

Similarly I expect class taunts or taunt-like cards since Sludge Belcher is out.

Ladekabel

After seeing that little Murloc with the staff in the vote and the other card where Murlocs are sucked into a hole, I hope they enable Murloc Priest. Will probably some Warlock cards though.

If I'm playing Patron, I just concede when I see Shieldmaiden. That's how bad the matchup is. One of our win conditions is easily countered by Execute, and the other is easily countered by Brawl. Once that's taken care of it's pretty hopeless.
I've stopped running Berserkers because they're so easy to take down. People talk about destroying slow decks with them, but there's nothing that stops someone from killing a Berserker in a myriad of ways before it becomes a problem, and because Warsong Commander is nerfed, you often don't even get a chance to hit with them, so there's no point in blowing a big combo to buff them up.

Instead, I've been running Shade of Naxx, which has the same purpose of building up over time, but Stealth protects it from every offensive measure in the game aside from Lightbomb if it survives a few turns. As you know, if a Priest wants to blow Lightbomb to take out a Shade, that's great, because Lightbomb is the big Patron counter as well.

The Shade has also makes people panic, since it's like a time bomb they have to deal with. I think it will help me against Reno decks, because the burst potential of my board increases the longer Shade is there, which means Gromm + Inner rage + Shade can start doing 18+ damage in one turn.

Against other decks, the Shade makes a great trading tool that lets you save Executes. Against a Freeze Mage, a Shade killed Antonidas so I could use Execute on a Doomsayer later on. Against a Druid, it killed Dr. Boom. Etc. I'm liking it a lot as a versatile tool.

Also, the best part about Shade is why I added him in: he won't die in most matchups until you want him to, but he still takes some AoE damage from various stuff going on. as a result, you always have 2 draws guaranteed from Battle Rage; one for Shade, one for you. Against aggressive tempo decks, I found it hard to keep minions on the board to Battle Rage, and bad hands screwed me over a lot. (You know those Battle Rage, Battle Rage hands). Shade of Naxx helps that situation out, too.

I also use two Dread Pirates, two Sludge Belchers, and two Unstable Ghouls to help with anti-aggro decks, and I haven't lost a game vs. aggro since I made these changes. I don't feel like I am any worse off in any of my matchups, either.

Yeah, give Murlocs to Priest. Keep them away from Shaman. Please Blizzard.

That 2/5 Shaman Murloc must be one of the worst cards in the game.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Why are we assuming we'll be playing 4/5s on turn 4? Because of that druid c'thun card? I'm not convinced at all that that will be the case.

We haven't seen a clear replacement for Shredder in midrange decks. People might just straight up play Yeti to fill in their curve.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope we get a NotSylvanas too.

Sylvanas, Ranger-General

I've given in to the fact that I suck at Arena and I always will.

Same. The fucking worst.

Hey so question.

Played a crudload of HS this weekend, so much so that I installed WoW because I got so into the "World" but when I booted it up (on my mac) god it looked so shitty. Is there a game or experience where the beautiful art style comes to life or at least represents the world? A sourcebook or something?

Because god that is an ugly game.

Haly

These corrupted cards are more boring than the (already vanilla) cards they're based off of wtf.

Haly

Those decks wouldn't have run this even at their peak.

I get that it gives the advantages of playing Bananas but on a 6 drop that's just too much. You pretty much always have better things to do on that turn if your deck is properly built.

This might replace 1-of Ethereal Conjurer in a deck that's going to die.

I feel like a lot of these cards are schizophrenic. Their effects belong in one kind of deck but their cost/stats belong in another.

Top Bottom