• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Let's see if hunter/druid get some more beast synergy cards, might be good if those archetypes become viable.

Still doesn't seem particularly appealing. Hunter has Highmane and I think both Hunter and Druid would rather play Stranglethorn Tiger for one less mana or Captured Jormungar for one more mana and better stats.

Corrupted Mukla and the Boogeymonster are such boring cards, I guess they gave all the interesting designs to the class legendaries and Old Gods.

ViviOggi

That is a straight up trash card and boring to boot

Corrupted Mukla and the Boogeymonster are such boring cards, I guess they gave all the interesting designs to the class legendaries and Old Gods.
I mean N'Zoth isn't that interesting either... C'Thun is by far the most exciting card so far and Reno, Elise and to a lesser extent Brann shit on him tbqh. Those are legit game changers that not only enable new archetypes but also encourage highly creative deckbuilding, which C'Thun limits by requiring his entourage of buff minions.

I got an answer to my transparency issue with hearthstone deck tracker. Apparently there is an advanced options button you have to click at the bottom left of the options menu... seems silly but yeah. An opacity slider shows up on the general option tab.

Zemm

These "corrupted" cards are so lazy, I did think they'd have to go this route eventually, but not this soon.

Owzers

i'm souring on the expansion already....it's still another month away and trickling out one card at a time when some of them have been pretty disappointing just draws attention to how Blizzard is dragging this out.

Could that see use as a Rogue card? The combo potential seems decent. I'm not sure it'd fit in any current Rogue deck, though, so we'd need more options to pop out of the shit-tier that is current TOG.

Apathy

i'm souring on the expansion already....it's still another month away and trickling out one card at a time when some of them have been pretty disappointing just draws attention to how Blizzard is dragging this out.

But remember, they totally learned from the past and aren't making the mistake of announcing it too early

Could that see use as a Rogue card? The combo potential seems decent. I'm not sure it'd fit in any current Rogue deck, though, so we'd need more options to pop out of the shit-tier that is current TOG.

I feel like Emperor and Tomb Pillager both fit that kind of role better than new Mukla. Emperor has the same cost and stats with an arguably better ability for that strategy. Tomb Pillager has 1 less stat for 2 less mana and gives you a coin which is probably better for combos and Gadgetzan activation. It just doesn't seem good enough.

Somebody found art on Blizzard's site for unreleased cards.

http://m.imgur.com/a/KRAMI

Looks like Kibler is getting a dragon to reveal.
Straight up a new Deathwing.

Following up on this, looks like there was one that was missed and since found.

L8Gd7gL.jpg

You guys ready for Unleash the Companions?

Apathy

just played vs some weird half dragon warrior half charge warrior game. It was a weird mix of cards my opponent had, even so far as he finley'd into the paladin power and then justicar truehearted it. it was weird. my elise priest beat it on just control.

I'm going to miss dark cultist :( goodbye 3 drop

They really just need to move a few key cards over to Classic from Naxx/GvG. No one wants to see a deck archetype disappear.

I actually really like that Mukla card, and I bet it will see use.

Eddie Bax

They really just need to move a few key cards over to Classic from Naxx/GvG. No one wants to see a deck archetype disappear.

No, some deck archetypes can absolutely disappear, as far as I'm concerned. Secret pally can fuck right off, and to a lesser extent, so can freeze mage and any other 'fun and interactive' deck like that.

No, some deck archetypes can absolutely disappear, as far as I'm concerned. Secret pally can fuck right off, and to a lesser extent, so can freeze mage and any other 'fun and interactive' deck like that.
There's nothing wrong with Secret Paladin in the Standard format. Avenge is leaving, which was the only problematic secret IMO.

I'm like 9-2 for Freeze Mage matches, so it can stick around all it wants. Especially since we're getting more anti-Secret cards.

Its a pretty solid card. If you got an extra 6 slot and have good spell synergy, he could slot in nicely.

I don't get the rejection for this card. Perhaps people just react better towards cards that can just be plugged into decks easily and less about decks that could take a new direction.

I think it has a unique effect. Draws 2 spells from a single card. Decent sized body works for 6 mana and as long as you can leverage the bananas well, the value of this card works imo.

We've seen grand crusader used in tempo decks. I think this could definitely work there. And it probably works with violet teacher, for instance.

Acerac

Banned
Are we sure this Mukla isn't able to spawn the odd bananas from brawls? If he's able to do so he might be surprisingly strong.

ViviOggi

Are we sure this Mukla isn't able to spawn the odd bananas from brawls? If he's able to do so he might be surprisingly strong.
They'd have to change og Mukla as well as they share the same text. Sure HS got its share of inconsistencies but that'd be one of the more baffling ones.

Apathy

I am so sick of OTK from 30, this is some bullshit that should not be in the game.

It would all be solved if Emp didn't lower the cost of spells. Boom, solved every single OTK that anyone could ever come up with

I am so sick of OTK from 30, this is some bullshit that should not be in the game.

It would all be solved if Emp didn't lower the cost of spells. Boom, solved every single OTK that anyone could ever come up with

Anyfin Can Happen.

What OTK are you even talking about? Is it really an OTK if you have to cast Thaurissan? :p

Acerac

Banned
They'd have to change og Mukla as well as they share the same text. Sure HS got its share of inconsistencies but that'd be one of the more baffling ones.

The only reason I ask is because the brawl bananas spawned from the same text. Granted, it was a brawl, but I figure it can't hurt to speculate.

I'm curious to see what cards out of TGT come into the meta now that Naxx and GvG are gone on that note.

Sure, same here. But I think we'll need to see the classic/basic card nerfs before really predicting much. So far I am foreseeing a handlock or aggro shaman dominated meta. Perhaps zoolock will remain strong, despite losing a couple strong cards.

Apathy

Anyfin Can Happen.

What OTK are you even talking about? Is it really an OTK if you have to cast Thaurissan? :p

Malygos shaman, theres no way to stop emp, he will get off his reduction, even mage OTK are done because of emp so I don't see how you think it's not a OTK if emp is involved.

_DrMario_

I don't get the rejection for this card. Perhaps people just react better towards cards that can just be plugged into decks easily and less about decks that could take a new direction.

I think it has a unique effect. Draws 2 spells from a single card. Decent sized body works for 6 mana and as long as you can leverage the bananas well, the value of this card works imo.

We've seen grand crusader used in tempo decks. I think this could definitely work there. And it probably works with violet teacher, for instance.

In the last year I've probably seen Toshley played 5 times in constructed. And it's a better card then the "new" Mukla. This guy won't see play in constructed.

In the last year I've probably seen Toshley played 5 times in constructed. And it's a better card then the "new" Mukla. This guy won't see play in constructed.

Hmm, maybe. I think bananas are just much better than spare parts. And you get 2 bananas immediately. I guess the stealth spare part is better than +1/+1 but that is just a single spare part being better. I think on average bananas are both better than spare parts and not random, so the stat discrepancy is justified. I think mukla is more along the lines of grand crusader strength.

Top Bottom