• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Yeah exactly. I just don't understand how they could nerf it that much and think "Hmmm ok, this is acceptable"

5 goddamn mana for a 3/2.....what the fuck were they thinking?

They were thinking that minions that draw multiple cards are too strong. That is why I wouldn't be surprised if ancient of lore is nerfed. The cards in the game that draw multiple cards are largely spells.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, do they make Ancient of Lore 8 mana, or make it draw 1 card?

8 mana is my guess. 5/5 is worth roughly 5 mana, draw 2 cards is worth about 3 mana. Yeah, I think Ancient of Lore will just become an 8 mana card.

It looks like we should get at least 3 cards shown today. ChanmanV is supposed to show something at 1PM EST. Some French website will show a legendary at 9PM CEST. Tom60229 should show his card sometime today too.

gutshot

Sounds like we'll get 3 new cards today. ChanManV is revealing a card at 1 PM EDT, some French stream is revealing a legendary at 3 PM EDT and Tom60225024360345204520450 is supposedly revealing his card at some point today.

EDIT: Holy shit, Drkirby. Get out of my head!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That would ruin the symmetry with Ancient of War.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

8 mana is my guess. 5/5 is worth roughly 5 mana, draw 2 cards is worth about 3 mana. Yeah, I think Ancient of Lore will just become an 8 mana card.

A 5/5 is 4.5 mana. A 5/6 is 5 mana (pit fighter)

Take a stat point off. Make it a 5/4 or a 4/5.

Haly

Oh right, soul of the cards and all. I guess we will have to make them both 8 mana, only viable option.
Overlaps with Ironbark.

I would prefer something like this:

Ancient of Lore
Choose one - Restore 5 health; or draw 2 cards and -3 attack.
5/5

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope there is a Common Paladin Card called Light Rager.

Should be a 3 mana 5/1, with Divine Shield. Totally balanced, I mean its basically an Ice Rager.

georly

I hope there is a Common Paladin Card called Light Rager.

Should be a 3 mana 5/1, with Divine Shield. Totally balanced, I mean its basically an Ice Rager.

why not go all out and make it a 5/2 so it can't die to ping after it breaks the shield? -_-;

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You trying to make a Mech pirate rogue deck?

I did try it. I even queued up for a match, was ready to do the coin mech warper into Ship Cannon Ship Cannon dream, followed by pirates, when only then I realized that the cannon was not a mech after I played the Mechwarper.

I was sad.

For more deck building blunders, I attempted to do the Hobgoblin into Dark Wispers combo. Yeah, Hobgoblin doesn't work on summoned units.

It looks like we should get at least 3 cards shown today. ChanmanV is supposed to show something at 1PM EST. Some French website will show a legendary at 9PM CEST. Tom60229 should show his card sometime today too.

I think they might just make it draw a single card rather than 2. No idea though. But I think it will be nerfed.

Haly

Another way to do it would be to go the Ysera/Xeril route:

Choose one - Restore 5 health; Add 2 Lore cards to your hand.

This would be, by far, the most granular way of balancing Ancient of Lore.

Owzers

i think i got to rank 5 last season with demonlock, i went back to my trusty old friend secret paladin and went from rank 9-5 today. The tempostorm list with one truesilver, two BOKs, and two piloted shredders has been working out in matches better than an owl, consecration, and divine favor.

Ladekabel

Another way to do it would be to go the Ysera/Xeril route:

Choose one - Restore 5 health; Add 2 Lore cards to your hand.

This would be, by far, the most granular way of balancing Ancient of Lore.

Innerlore - 0 Mana Spell: Gain 2 mana crystals this turn only
Savage Lore - 3 Mana Spell: Give your characters +2 attack this turn

New round of card voting is up.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/expansions-adventures/whispers-of-the-old-gods/#vote

week2vote9yasn.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Innerlore - 0 Mana Spell: Gain 2 mana crystals this turn only
Savage Lore - 3 Mana Spell: Give your characters +2 attack this turn

Lore of Nature: Summon 3 2/2 Treants with Charge.

Edit: I gotta stop double posting.

Here is a new card though:
XUYKMea.png

Seems like a good healbot replacement.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Seems like a good healbot replacement.

Ew, not really. This might give you solid healing against zoo but not face decks.

Like your opponent has to have like 3 minions for this to be any good.

Apothecary seems meh to me, even more so if Blizzard succeeds in finally slowing down the meta and there are less flood the board with small crap decks out there.

I guess it's not a terrible option for classes without any sort of life gain though.

Though I am kind of glad that Handlock/Renolock won't be able to just throw down Healbot anymore and with this card you can kind of play around it.

Dahbomb

Cult Apothecary is cool, nice tech against Zoo/Flood decks while not being an over powered heal like Healbot. Can heal up to 14 HP even though on average it is likely to heal only 4 or 6. You won't feel as bad playing it on turn 5.

georly

Cult Apothecary is cool, nice tech against Zoo/Flood decks while not being an over powered heal like Healbot. Can heal up to 14 HP even though on average it is likely to heal only 4 or 6. You won't feel as bad playing it on turn 5.

Yeah, if you could pull it off after a board flood it'll feel really good, but I see it as a suitable replacement to healbot in freeze mage. I'd put it in over refreshment vendor most of the time.

Dahbomb

Freeze Mage is probably not going to be an actual deck after the nerf bats arrive.

Oh man that is going to be a GLORIOUS DAY for salt.

ViviOggi

Was gonna vote for my boy Firebat but it's a shitty Murloc, the dragon it is then

And wtf is Apothecary? Dropping an low tempo heal is the exact opposite of what you want to do when facing a big board

Cult Apothecary seems too much like Darkscale Healer, a card that sees no competitive play.

You see the comparison to Darkscale Healer sooner than you see the comparison to Healbot?

You get one more point of stats for the Cult Apothecary and most of the time you'll get at least 4 health from it, compared to Healbot. Refreshment Vendor is probably better in most decks, but for decks that just give up the board and rely on comeback mechanisms - Murloc paladin, Freeze Mage, most Combo and a few Control decks - this card is much, much better than Darkscale Healer and maybe better than Refreshment Vendor.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
You see the comparison to Darkscale Healer sooner than you see the comparison to Healbot?

You get one more point of stats for the Cult Apothecary and most of the time you'll get at least 4 health from it. Refreshment Vendor is probably better in most decks, but for decks that just give up the board and rely on comeback mechanisms - Murloc paladin, Freeze Mage, most Combo and a few Control decks - this card is much, much better than Darkscale Healer and maybe better than Refreshment Vendor.

Apothecary is actually one stat point weaker than Darkscale Healer, but otherwise I agree the comparison is not really valid.

Acerac

Banned
Cult Apothecary seems too much like Darkscale Healer, a card that sees no competitive play.

It seems far more interesting to me than Darkscale Healer.

Granted, I don't know that it'll be enough, but you'll be healing more than 2 damage to your face in any deck that runs this. I think this'll be our new Anti-Kill Bot, only balanced to be anti-agro.

georly

I do hope Blizzard makes "Purify" a thing. Right now the closest thing is Reincarnate.

Purify is a good word, maybe dispel? I dunno. Not having something that critical in the base set is wonky, though. I think the idea of silence > unsilence is dumb, since it usually forces you to run one or the other, if not both.

Ridli

Hmm. I like Apothecary. It's definitely a tech card, but its not a complete waste of your turn if you have to drop it without getting the battle cry value.

Top Bottom