• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Sure, same here. But I think we'll need to see the classic/basic card nerfs before really predicting much. So far I am foreseeing a handlock or aggro shaman dominated meta. Perhaps zoolock will remain strong, despite losing a couple strong cards.

This is why I was wondering if they'd nerf Rockbiter Axe to only target minions since it sounds like they're targeting Handlock with the nerfs.

I'm not sure removing Crackle is quite enough to notably harm Aggro Shaman.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm not sure removing Crackle is quite enough to notably harm Aggro Shaman.

Face Shaman was almost singlehandedly spawned because of Tunnel Trogg. You remove both a key burn spell and an overload and I think it is a fairly significant hit to the deck.

Of course, if we don't get a suitable replacement for face deck counters then it's weakening won't mean as much.

Face Shaman was almost singlehandedly spawned because of Tunnel Trogg. You remove both a key burn spell and an overload and I think it is a fairly significant hit to the deck.

Of course, if we don't get a suitable replacement for face deck counters then it's weakening won't mean as much.

I think it was popularized by tunnel trogg. It is a stronger deck for having it, and mrrglton. But there actually was a pro chinese player who was known for running aggro shaman pre-LOE... I don't recall his name though.

Apathy

Blizzard needs to sharpen up the releasing of the cards. They should tell the players it should be up at x time. This waiting around for hours on end is annoying.

Dawg

Aight. Installed the game on my iPad. Went through the tutorial yesterday. Bought a few packs. Still a long way to go etc etc.

But... DAMN I love arena. A lot more fun. Feels like I'm on an equal level, even with experts. I beat a guy using the Legend cardback on there, he must have been good. He'd destroy me if it was a regular mode, probably.

img_20160328_235313hlofs.jpg

Result of my first try. Lost the next match, even tho it was close. I can see myself playing this mode the most.

I should play ranked tho. I heard the season ends soon. I just feel like my deck is too weak and the class I enjoy the most is apparently complex for beginners (rogue). Maybe I should just try mage and get to rank 20 but it's like EVERYONE plays mage

That's a nice first Arena draft. Definitely get to rank 20 before the month is done.

Blizzard needs to sharpen up the releasing of the cards. They should tell the players it should be up at x time. This waiting around for hours on end is annoying.
Do something other than wait around, then.

ViviOggi

Despite its flaws (mainly related to class card rarity distribution) arena is clearly the superior mode. 6-3 is a really good result for your first run, especially playing as one of the weaker classes and with a not too great draft.

How long should rank 20 take me?
Like an hour or two, you can't lose stars below rank 20 so that's where the new and legit terrible players duke it out

Apathy

If you're experienced enough to get six wins in arena your first time, probably like two or three hours.

oh way less than that. 6 arena wins shows he can totally play, from 25-20 you can't lose stars and is so full of misplays from new players. With the win streak stars, he'll get there within the hour

The issue here is that the difference between arena and ranked is me having shitty basic cards ;_;7

Doing the class challenges and beating them on expert got me enough dosh to get an okay deck going with my basic cards.

But then I spent money on BRM / Naxx and my deck is slightly better.

Then I put what little gold I had into classic packs and got a couple legendaries, but it didn't do much for my decks.

You can't lose stars while you get to 20, so you can just brute force it anyways.

The issue here is that the difference between arena and ranked is me having shitty basic cards ;_;7
Up to rank 20 you'll mostly be facing up against people with basic cards or people that can't play so it's fine. Also basic cards aren't necessarily bad, most of them are pretty decent even.

41-16 with my oil rogue this month. Not bad. I'm using a version with van cleef, tomb pillager, and dr. boom. I'd probably grind my way to legend but playing against paladin so much just gets annoying... something you'd probably not expect player using rogue to say.

Guess Tom said he's not revealing the card until his stream tonight, Taiwan time. It's 9 am there now so you're looking at anywhere from like 8-12 hours until he reveals it.

gutshot

Man, I'm really tempted to blow all of my saved up gold on GvG packs. I'm never going to get a 100% complete collection once those go out of the store.

Webspinner.

Not really. While Webspinner is good for card advantage, it's an extremely weak tempo play. That's like calling Loot Hoarder OP. It's solid, but not really anything amazing -- especially since it doesn't fit a Hunter's typical MO of going face as much as possible before running out of gas. It works well enough in hybrid/mid-range Hunter though.

The only other obvious upside it has is to trigger things like Kill Command.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Not really. While Webspinner is good for card advantage, it's an extremely weak tempo play. That's like calling Loot Hoarder OP. It's solid, but not really anything amazing -- especially since it doesn't fit a Hunter's typical MO of going face as much as possible before running out of gas. It works well enough in hybrid/mid-range Hunter though.

The only other obvious upside it has is to trigger things like Kill Command.

Doesn't have to be a strong tempo play to be OP. And the other upside it has is that it's also a very good minion to attack into a Hunter's Marked minion.

Levi

Banned
3 game win streak with a homebrew Reno Druid deck. So far I've beaten a Taunt Druid, a Freeze Mage, and a Grim Patron Warrior. No idea if the deck can go the distance but I had a lot fun building and testing it. Justicar has been excellent -- that extra armor helps. No BGH targets, taunts to slow the game down, and lots of draw to make sure Reno is in hand when you need it, but not so much that you'll be way behind on fatigue against a control warrior, because you can use Lore to heal and Nourish to ramp if you're going against a CW, and Coldlight doesn't put you behind on Fatigue since you also draw for your opponent..

Speaking of savage roar, I hope that card is made into a 5 mana spell. It should be accordingly strengthened too. But if they are intent on nerfing fon+sr combo, I kinda hope they also consider the fact that double SR for 6 mana is ridiculous in itself. We're talking about a 3 mana fireball with 2 minions on board, which is almost okay. Once when you get 3 or more minions though, it's quite ridiculous.

I think savage roar should still be playable and still a good finisher, but it should be harder to pull off. And I think even at 4 mana it is still slightly too good and too easy to pull off. Reynad's suggestion for a 5 mana +3 attack seems spot on to me. The lazy comparison is blood lust, but because shaman actually generates tokens with hero power, it still has something to set it apart from savage roar. Plus shaman often has windfury mechanics in play that druid never touches.

Weren't you 'fine' with the combo every time it was brought up?

I think going forward if they want each expansion to have an impact they necessarily must nerf some cards in classic because classic is legal forever. This means they need to nerf FON+SR, and appropriately, unless they want druid to remain a one trick pony forever.

inky

They can murder combo all they want as long as they leave my other cards alone.

All this AoL OP talk yet aggro and egg Druid don't even use it. You can't nerf all variants of Druid at the same time... it's hard enough to come up with stuff as it is.

They can murder combo all they want as long as they leave my other cards alone.

All this AoL OP talk yet aggro and egg Druid don't even use it. You can't nerf all variants of Druid at the same time... it's hard enough to come up with stuff as it is.

I'm sorta split on ancient of lore. Amaz had a decent argument saying that AOL draws multiple cards on its own and no other card does that. Maybe it should be shrunk a little? I dunno. I just wouldn't be surprised if it is touched up a bit.

inky

There are plenty of arguments for it; I think that even with the current value it is one of those cards that look very good on paper, yet in game situations and statistics would tell a different story, and that's because there are lot of deficiencies in Druid's kit to make up for.

Can't speak for the future of the game, obviously only Blizzard knows where they are going with that, but that's my take. They love printing duds for Druid and one big nerf to so many basic tools (been hearing a lot of Keeper nerf talk) might be too heavy handed an approach.

Top Bottom