• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Apathy

Make every creature work like Piloted Shredder. Bam, predict that, computer!

I actually won an Arena match two nights ago because someone had a near full-board, I had one creature, and I killed Shredder. Doomsayer GG.

Do you want skynet? Because that's how you get skynet. You piss off a computer Ai that it doesn't just get a hissy fit, it starts firing nukes at some asshole kid in Idaho that kept getting lucky drops off shredders and taunting the computer with "well played".

georly

Make every creature work like Piloted Shredder. Bam, predict that, computer!

I actually won an Arena match two nights ago because someone had a near full-board, I had one creature, and I killed Shredder. Doomsayer GG.

If anything *can* predict that, it would be something like deep thought. If it can figure out what the randomness is tied to (server clock, or whatever), it can do what it needs to ensure best possible rolls all the time.

Do you want skynet? Because that's how you get skynet. You piss off a computer Ai that it doesn't just get a hissy fit, it starts firing nukes at some asshole kid in Idaho that kept getting lucky drops off shredders and taunting the computer with "well played".
I want Trump vs. Skynet while worshipping N'zoth.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Google is bringing in the big guns to figure out Hearthstone card clarity: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/03/29/google-deepmind-is-now-analysing-magic-and-hearthstone-cards

ANN cards are fun.

a5fXYW4.png

Zemm

Lifecoach is a player who ropes almost every single turn. Even on turn 1 with no play he will let time run out as he thinking about future plays with cards he doesn't have yet.

And still makes basic mistakes every single game, probably because he has to rush his moves in the last 5 seconds.

Apathy

Why can't priest just get a aoe spell that only affects their opponents minions. Yes I totally want to kill off my shit too, specially vs an opponent that can film it up again with cheap shit .

Why does it have to be all minions?

My northshire cleric cries

georly

Uhhhhh 4 mana, clear like 2-3 minions, tops, possibly even your own. What. I guess it's a 'bundled' double or more shadow word pain, but worse in a lot of ways. Sigh.

hey, at least there's a style way to concede with the new legendary on turn 10. make 2-3 1/1 clones of your guys and immediately kill them w/ SW:F.

Xanathus

Smorc... with Elise Starseeker?

It looks like the deck Forsen was running awhile back. The idea is that it's aggro Paladin with double Divine Favor but Elise allows you to transform your deck into (good?) legendaries if you aren't able to face down your opponent.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Would've been useful 2 expacs ago. A bit narrow now depending on how things shake out.

I would've like to see SW:p rolled into it so it's more flexible.

Destroy a minion with 3 or less attack, then destroy all minions with 2 or less attack.

EDIT: It's meant to handle certain minions like Minibot, though Minibot himself is rotating.

Great targets for this that Consecrate or Lightning Storm might "miss":

Armorsmith (won't trigger its ability)
Brann
Finley
Doomsayer
Keeper
Mana Tide Totem
Acolyte (won't trigger its ability)
Argent Squire
Small targets of Argent Protector
Worgen Infiltrator
Flametongue
Imp Gang Boss (won't trigger its ability)

If rotation didn't happen it'd also hit:
Minibot
Flamewaker
Dreadlord

Among others.

Apathy

Would've been useful 2 expacs ago. A bit narrow now depending on how things shake out.

I would've like to see SW:p rolled into it so it's more flexible.

Destroy a minion with 3 or less attack, then destroy all minions with 2 or less attack.

Or just this card but only affects your opponents minions.

That new Priest spell is really strong against current versions of Paladin. It would wipe out Minibot, Muster, and unbuffed Secret Keepers. It could also be decent against Zoo and Face Shaman. Against control decks, it kills Acolyte and Armorsmith without activating them.

georly

Dude Tentacles for Arms makes this thing look like Dr. Boom by comparison.

I just wish tentacles for arms had 'costs one less' in its deathrattle text. Still unusable, but not 'the worst weapon in hearthstone.' (Ok maybe better than poisoned blade)

ZealousD

BTW are you guys going to wait till the release to do your card reviews?

Very likely. I haven't talked to Dahbomb yet but we usually wait until Blizzard does their final dump. Better to do it this way than review cards in a vacuum imo. Need to see the whole picture. For example, Klaxxi Amberweaver looks busted in a vacuum but if C'Thun Druid blows it won't see play.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Or just this card but only affects your opponents minions.
I dislike asymmetrical sweepers in principle. They're too often feast or famine. You don't want an aggro deck to be able to counter clear aggro deck boards either. It's symmetrical because it's designed as a mid-range/control card. They don't want aggro priest to run it too easily.

Note how it misses minions with 3 attack, which is an attribute shared by two of Priest's early-mid value drops like Twilight Guardian and Dark Cultist. While Dark Cultist is rotating, I think this is evidence "3 attack" is a pattern they want to continue for Priest. My biggest gripe is that this card misses Knife Juggler, and if Knife Juggler isn't changed then it seems like a big oversight. Hence why I suggested rolling SW:p into it so you get an overcosted SW:p in a worst case scenario.

Ridli

I don't know what to think about fear. I mean it's great vs acolyte of pain, armor smith, imp gang boss and doomsayers (both of them). But at 4 mana it feels like it's coming out a turn too late. The other thing is Cabal already exists for mid game minion mind changing.

Too bad priests don't have eadric for that turn 10+coin wombo combo.

Dahbomb

Very likely. I haven't talked to Dahbomb yet but we usually wait until Blizzard does their final dump. Better to do it this way than review cards in a vacuum imo. Need to see the whole picture. For example, Klaxxi Amberweaver looks busted in a vacuum but if C'Thun Druid blows it won't see play.
I wouldn't do the review until the nerf list is out as well. I don't want to be looking at a 8/8 and saying stuff like "maybe it would be good if BGH was nerfed..."

Apathy

I don't know what to think about fear. I mean it's great vs acolyte of pain, armor smith, imp gang boss and doomsayers (both of them). But at 4 mana it feels like it's coming out a turn too late. The other thing is Cabal already exists for mid game minion mind changing.

Or even a humility like card if you needed to take care of something. The two attack line for things like cabal and now this gets annoying after a while

bjaelke

Shadow Word: Pain is just a better answer against those cards - and that helps protect your own minion.

ZealousD

I wouldn't do the review until the nerf list is out as well. I don't want to be looking at a 8/8 and saying stuff like "maybe it would be good if BGH was nerfed..."

That would be preferable but it's possible we might not have the luxury of time to do that, depending on how close Blizzard pushes the nerf announcements to release.

Shadow Word: Pain is just a better answer against those cards - and that helps protect your own minion.

Fear will clear both of them at once, though. I don't know if it will be particularly good, but I can see uses for it. It might be even better if Priests still had Shrinkmeister for a turn 6 combo similar to the already existing Shrinkmeister + Shadow Madness, which isn't great, but can come in handy in certain situations.

I really like that Priest card. I think it could be part of what makes Shadowform Priest viable. Clear the early board as you start the control game.

Aww yiss, smorced my way to Rank 12!

Let's see if I can make Rank 11! or even *gasp* 10!
I hit rank 7 with mine.

I think I would still rather run excavated evil over this.
You could build a deck with no low attack minions and bypass this spell, though. You can't escape Excavated Evil.

That new Priest spell is really strong against current versions of Paladin. It would wipe out Minibot, Muster, and unbuffed Secret Keepers. It could also be decent against Zoo and Face Shaman. Against control decks, it kills Acolyte and Armorsmith without activating them.
Yes. The card is clearly strong.

gutshot

Blizzard desperately trying to make Beast Druid a thing.

This card doesn't seem too bad though. Basically a 2/2 for 2 with charge that can potentially draw a card. Seems reasonable.

Pooya

It's a lot better than demonfire for example. The deck needs some solid minions though. A card that plays the same role goblinblast mage has for mech mage or blackwing has for dragon decks, stupid synergy tempo play. I really like Druid of the Fang, we need something new to make it worth playing beasts. There is not really any notable synergy value here yet.

Top Bottom