• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Moonlight

Banned
Aggro Shaman puts me on tilt so fucking bad. All the annoying shit you need to deal with against regular face decks combined with just feeling like you can't do anything in the late-game while they cycle through burn spells like Freeze Mage. Ugh.

Mirimar

3 game win streak with a homebrew Reno Druid deck. So far I've beaten a Taunt Druid, a Freeze Mage, and a Grim Patron Warrior. No idea if the deck can go the distance but I had a lot fun building and testing it. Justicar has been excellent -- that extra armor helps. No BGH targets, taunts to slow the game down, and lots of draw to make sure Reno is in hand when you need it, but not so much that you'll be way behind on fatigue against a control warrior, because you can use Lore to heal and Nourish to ramp if you're going against a CW, and Coldlight doesn't put you behind on Fatigue since you also draw for your opponent..
p9yPzMV.png

Fun deck, this. I swapped out Anodized Bear for an Ooze and I don't have Centurious, so I subbed in Kel Thusad. Won 3 in a row too, haha. Felt really good beating a combo druid and fatigue control warrior. Very close game with zoo though. Oh man, I didn't even realize I'm playing the deck without Coldlight Oracle....what am I using instead, haha. Whoops, I put in 2 Druid of the Sabre lol...

Feel bad for Tom, apparently people have just been harassing him all day on his Facebook. He made a post about it.

https://www.facebook.com/tom60229/posts/489755081216209

Hello everyone
When I woke up this morning, i saw everyone is complaining about the newly released cards, and I feel sorry about that.
Due to my personal schedule, it would happen later than others does.
it's 1:00pm (GMT+8) in Taiwan now. BZ emailed me at about 2:30am, and their request is very simple:
1. Release new cards after receiving this mail.
2. Do it in 24 hours.
I would like to do it while me streaming, and since there is a Hearthstone Event in Taiwan this afternoon, I would only have time later tonight. Thanks guys for your patience!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I tried to figure out how to pronounce the names of all the old gods.

5 hours later and I swear I've visited 5 wikis and watched 15 videos of warcraft lore.

Blech.

Szadek

5 hours later and I swear I've visited 5 wikis and watched 15 videos of warcraft lore.

Blech.
They are based on lovecraftian horrors, many of them have names that are meant to be unpronounceable by humans.
So yeah, you just wasted 5 hours of your life.

ZenaxPure

Blech.

Cuh-thune, Yah-sha-raj, nuh-zah-th are the pronunciations blizz has used for those 3 when talking about them at Blizzcon over the years. I can't remember them saying Yogg off the top of my head but his name is pretty straight forward anyway.

Pooya

Did they give Amaz a shade to reveal because he's...shady? lol

Lifecoach's card looks like a warrior spell, one that hopefully give a minion grim patron effect!

Feel bad for Tom, apparently people have just been harassing him all day on his Facebook. He made a post about it.

https://www.facebook.com/tom60229/posts/489755081216209

The card police on reddit have the pitchforks out. It's just a (probably bad) card, it's not like you're going to miss the news when it's revealed eventually, some people have nothing better to do :p

manhack

Holy crap it is so easy to rank up at the last few days of the season. I wish the seasons were a little longer so I could feel compelled to push legend at this point. As it is I don't want to try hard and be Legend for a day or two.

Tomcat

Kripp got sniped, still win because currently have insane deck lol
Just tuned to Kripp's stream and what a surprise. He is complaining he is getting sniped. Whatever the opponents does it's always sniping for him. It's getting boring.

rickyson1

is it just me or are they putting a much heavier focus on legendaries for card reveals this time around?

seems weird that they've already announced 9 legendaries in 34 cards when there's probably gonna be 20 in 134 for the set as a whole(both GVG and TGT had exactly 20 legendaries)

pretty light on the class card reveals so far on the other hand,there's only been a total of 2 class commons revealed so far and 4 class rares(2 of which were c'thun ones) with that and the comments about wanting to move more power into class cards seems like they're showing off the flashier stuff early on and the powerful stuff as it gets closer to release?

Alrus

Just tuned to Kripp's stream and what a surprise. He is complaining he is getting sniped. Whatever the opponents does it's always sniping for him. It's getting boring.

"Oh no, the opponent made a play I wouldn't have made in that situation, he's obviously sniping".

Kripp is all about complaining though, I guess that's his schtick?

Zoggy

finally got 5k gold screw spending 50 bucks

I'M FINALLY F2P

has actually spend hundreds on this game

Levi

Banned
Fun deck, this. I swapped out Anodized Bear for an Ooze and I don't have Centurious, so I subbed in Kel Thusad. Won 3 in a row too, haha. Felt really good beating a combo druid and fatigue control warrior

Ooze is a good call, I might try that. I probably should run combo as an alternative win condition but I wanted to see if I could make a druid deck that could win without it.

Going by how other cards are working here, that's obviously 'Newfound Shade!'

4 Mana: 4 / 7
Battlecry: Shuffle a Renewing Curse into your Opponet's Deck.

Renewing Curse:
Heal for 7 and draw a card.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
They are based on lovecraftian horrors, many of them have names that are meant to be unpronounceable by humans.
So yeah, you just wasted 5 hours of your life.

Cuh-thune, Yah-sha-raj, nuh-zah-th are the pronunciations blizz has used for those 3 when talking about them at Blizzcon over the years. I can't remember them saying Yogg off the top of my head but his name is pretty straight forward anyway.

Yeah I figured out the pronunciations. I didn't waste 5 hours of my life trying to figure out how to pronounce them. I probably spent only 30 minutes trying to do that, the rest of the time I just spent way too much time looking at other pointless shit, lol

Apathy

Yeah I figured out the pronunciations. I didn't waste 5 hours of my life trying to figure out how to pronounce them. I probably spent only 30 minutes trying to do that, the rest of the time I just spent way too much time looking at other pointless shit, lol

The way wiki's work

Did they give Amaz a shade to reveal because he's...shady? lol

Lifecoach's card looks like a warrior spell, one that hopefully give a minion grim patron effect!

The card police on reddit have the pitchforks out. It's just a (probably bad) card, it's not like you're going to miss the news when it's revealed eventually, some people have nothing better to do :p

The blizzard cm clarified yesterday that Tom has until 10am PDT to reveal the card before they step in and just show it themselves. Tom updated saying he would show it on his stream around 11pm his time, not sure what that is NA or Europe time

Danj

Is it just me or do speech bubbles not show up for your own chat messages any more? Is that a bug, or is it supposed to be like that? It's super annoying as it means I don't know if my message went through unless I go and check the chat log.

Is it just me or do speech bubbles not show up for your own chat messages any more? Is that a bug, or is it supposed to be like that? It's super annoying as it means I don't know if my message went through unless I go and check the chat log.

it's a change in the last patch I believe, don't know if it's a bug or not though

whenever I get mad at the game I make shitty RNG decks and they always go 5-0 on the first time I try them LOL
I am absolutely convinced that the game gives you weaker opponents when you make a new deck. When I first made Patron Warrior, every opponent was a joke. Weak, cheap aggro decks I hadn't seen in weeks playing Hybrid Hunter.

Going by how other cards are working here, that's obviously 'Newfound Shade!'

4 Mana: 4 / 7
Battlecry: Shuffle a Renewing Curse into your Opponet's Deck.

Renewing Curse:
Heal for 7 and draw a card.
Everyone in the world would play that card.

BUT WHAT IF I HAD A SOULPRIEST OUT!!!! Seriously though, that card would be broken as all hell

That was why it goes into your opponent's deck and not yours. So Priests couldn't 'abuse' it, so to speak.

But yeah, wasn't really a serious idea, just making fun with the, 'do the opposite thing,' stuff we have going on here.

Man, I feel bad for this tom guy. It really doesn't matter at all when he reveals his card but people are upset anyway. Just let the guy reveal it when it's best for him, jeez.

georly

Google is bringing in the big guns to figure out Hearthstone card clarity: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/03/29/google-deepmind-is-now-analysing-magic-and-hearthstone-cards

I was thinking about this the other day, once it won at Go.

What's to stop people in the future from just creating accounts and having a budget version of deepmind just play the game for you? We are potentially entering an era where a decent chunk of your opponents may just be supercomputers who are almost unbeatable (unless randomness rolls in your favor). Maybe not in the next 5 years, but after that, It's almost certainly going to happen. Chinese gold farming and trolling will all be done by supercomputers to the point where it's just no fun to play any competitive online game anymore. Queuing for ranked will no longer be sacred in any competitive online game unless the devs can figure out a sure-fired way to prevent supercomputers from playing, which I sincerely doubt.

Apathy

I was thinking about this the other day, once it won at Go.

What's to stop people in the future from just creating accounts and having a budget version of deepmind just play the game for you? We are potentially entering an era where a decent chunk of your opponents may just be supercomputers who are almost unbeatable (unless randomness rolls in your favor). Maybe not in the next 5 years, but after that, It's almost certainly going to happen. Chinese gold farming and trolling will all be done by supercomputers to the point where it's just no fun to play any competitive online game anymore. Queuing for ranked will no longer be sacred in any competitive online game unless the devs can figure out a sure-fired way to prevent supercomputers from playing, which I sincerely doubt.

Well we already have bots now that can do 50%+ win rates with secret paladin. In the future it could just be worse

Man, I feel bad for this tom guy. It really doesn't matter at all when he reveals his card but people are upset anyway. Just let the guy reveal it when it's best for him, jeez.

I partially blame blizzard. Instead of this 24h window from 10 PST the day you win, they should have given out 2 (maybe 3) possible time periods that the card could be released at to cover NA/EU/Asia times. You don't need to release it when you stream, look at Kripp, 4 pm release, still talked about it on his stream that night. Your fans are still going to show up at your stream time and will still talk to you about it.

Not that nerds should be upset, but it would stop these idiots from going "this just gives me a bad impression of x steamer" or "I'm not going to care about x streamer in the future"

georly

Well we already have bots now that can do 50%+ win rates with secret paladin. In the future it could just be worse

Yeah, I mean expanding out from just games with a simple interface. Or even in hearthstone, ones that can calculate win rate of decks based on the meta and play the best possible deck at any possible time. Able to react to the meta before humans can react to the meta. It's just a digital nightmare that could potentially kill off the idea of queuing against random players. The primary counter to AI I can think of would be adding an element of randomness that the AI can do nothing about - but anyone who doesn't want to play a game where randomness > skill will be out of luck.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
More randomness so perfect play becomes impossible.

Blizzard ahead of the game by decades. Already laying the groundwork for stymieing the AI gamer future.

Make every creature work like Piloted Shredder. Bam, predict that, computer!

I actually won an Arena match two nights ago because someone had a near full-board, I had one creature, and I killed Shredder. Doomsayer GG.

Top Bottom