• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
It is rather incredible that priest gets that card

Dahbomb

Kripp's reaction to Purify is gold

calling the card embarrassment lmao
It IS an embarrassment.

Unless there's a typo somewhere in the card.

How about using purify to make barnes summon huge minions. I feel like this card is better than people think.
No just no... Priest ALREADY has a 0 mana Silence that can ALSO be used to silence your opponent's minion.

There's no defending this card or playing devil's advocate with it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So does anybody know what the hell you can do with Runic Egg?

Because I'm having trouble figuring that one out.

How about using purify to make barnes summon huge minions. I feel like this card is better than people think.

Priest already has silence, and that card is more flexible. Would you pay 2 extra mana just to draw the card and not let yourself silence enemy stuff?

Let's take a moment of silence to examine this Priest card:

636060310969182373.png
Wow....

Asbel

I just watched that Frodan reaction, :lol

Kripp is just starting to review the cards I see. Gonna see what's up, well other than he can't fucking pronounce "menagerie".

Edit: Cloaked Huntress... OK, I'm done. Fuck this game, I'm out. Fucking hate secrets man, but free secrets are a blight on this game.

Huntress held back by Hunter not being a good control class and can't draw well to abuse this power.

I mean, Silence sees absolutely no play. I'm not sure why paying 2 mana more to draw a card and only be able to target your own minions is somehow any better.

Well, it thins your deck for 2 mana. That is something better than silence. I'm not saying it's good enough to be playable, but that is something it does better than silence.

I think it might be good enough for a niche pick. But imagine if you could silence anything, it'd be auto-include. I think they were smart to avoid making a silence an auto-include. Even earthshock isn't auto-include in shaman any longer.

Dahbomb

Well, it thins your deck for 2 mana. That is something better than silence. I'm not saying it's good enough to be playable, but that is something it does better than silence.

I think it might be good enough for a niche pick. But imagine if you could silence anything, it'd be auto-include. I think they were smart to avoid making a silence an auto-include. Even earthshock isn't auto-include in shaman any longer.
You have to be working on the Blizzard's team to be the PR spokesperson for this card.

inky

Are you drinking? Silence is a 0 mana card and has much more utility yet sees zero play

Yup, Silence is 0 mana and barely f ever sees play, and can target enemy minions. They already have draw for 1 mana and let's you trade up right away.

It's a bit hilarious.

To do what? Sit on the board and do nothing until you draw flametongue totem?

It's not like Shaman has any shortage of activators. Flametongue, Rockbiter, potentially Tuskarr.

In a class that has historically struggled with card draw I think it will at least be worth experimentation.

The card is shit. I'm visibly shaking. Anyone who thinks otherwise or tries to defend this shit is a liar from the pit of hell. Design team my ass. Just a fucking hunter shaman Mage circle jerk. They can fuck off if they think they're getting my money for this shit.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It's not like Shaman has any shortage of activators. Flametongue, Rockbiter, potentially Tuskarr.

In a class that has historically struggled with card draw I think it will at least be worth experimentation.

You're only drawing one card, though. Why would you pick this over Loot Hoarder?

inky

Huntress held back by Hunter not being a good control class and can't draw well to abuse this power.

Like, fair enough, I don't think it's the new MC or anything (It's a bit better than Kirin Tor Mage who no one but me plays :p), but I just hate secrets so much and 0 mana secrets for some forms of Hunters who already run a good variety is just ugh.

greepoman

The hell were they thinking with this garbage?

Maybe it's part of the unicorn priest deck! If only we were worthy enough to wield it.

And is the rogue 1 drop the exact same text as huckster? Just seems so boring. And probably doesn't help in this meta.

Rogue's problem at this point is Alex. Champion...you just take too much dmg from it (and lose tempo) unless you have backstab, SI, and the coin. Pretty similar against other meta decks...you just take too much dmg by the time you stabilize you're dead. Hard to see that changing.

I guess rogue and priest will just have to hope other decks push dragon warrior out of the meta.

Razakin

Pity that Purify doesn't do what you would think from a card named like that do; purify the minion so it would be on original stats, for example, someone silences or even polymorphes/hexes your Sylvanas.

That way it might see some play, but not like this, at least for now, who knows if next set will have tons of priest cards that need to be silenced that they get buffed or something like that.

So does anybody know what the hell you can do with Runic Egg?

Could it work with token druid? Or any other fast deck that can buff their own minions and thus get some card draw.

V-Faction

My thougts:

This gives Shaman a third board clear (or 4th if you really care about Forked Lightning). It is a strict upgrade to Arcane Explosion. With the ever increasing amount of 1/1's, I'd say it is a decent tool to combat the waves of zoo. Especially with no Overload to hinder you. And, to top it off, 1-mana minions are becoming much stronger as time goes on. You saw on the stream it summoned an Imp, but it could also snag Void Walker, Tunnel Trogg, or Mana Wyrm. It may seem weak, but there's nothing to say you couldn't bump it up with some Spell Damage. And it may be advantageous to play Spell Damage with the following card.

I didn't think they'd give Shaman yet another weapon, but they did. This time, it seems we get a Light's Justice-tier equivalent, though a cooler version. The mana cost is what really makes this weapon a prime control card, and pairs nicely with Maelstrom Portal to mop up small threats. Now, I believe the buff is static, meaning having extra instances of Spell Damage is meaningless for further buffing, but if you consider the Shaman class already plays heavily into the likes of Azure Drake and Bloodmage, you don't need to go hog-wild to keep that +2 active more often than not. It still can't outclass Doomhammer for pure damage.

The biggie! Yet another 4-mana minion... apparently the Hearthstone team wants to avoid giving the Shaman class that really good 3-mana cost one to avoid Discover shenannigans. Good move, as I believe a minion like this at 3-mana would be broken.

One of the main barriers to Shaman Totem has been the ability to which you were able to summon Totems on the board. Hero Power cannot sustain it, Totem Golem Overloads, and Tuskarr only summons 1. This is perhaps the final straw that would allow Shamans to populate the board reliably (without resorting to a 'Muster for Totems' card [though every class seems to get something to that effect...]). The fact that the trigger is spells makes it even better, as it synergizes with many. Shaman has 2 0-cost spells that also happen to work well with totems (Ancestral Healing and Totemic Might). They have many 1-cost spells, which can then be further discounted by Thaurrisan or a Far Sight. And of course, Primal Fusion.

The stipulation that you can only summon 'basic' totem is perfectly fine. It means you can still cross the 1-element limit that applies to your Hero Power, and potentially get duplicates on Spell Power or Taunt. And as Totem Golem rotates out of standard next year, it doesn't matter much anyway. The point is, you want to fill up your board. For Bloodlust, for Thunderbluff Valiant, for Everyfin is Awesome --- for anything, much in the same way a Token Druid would operate. And... let us not forget the #1 combo: THING FROM BELOW.

And this doesn't even factor some of the other new cards just revealed, like the Arcane minion that grow +1 health each time to cast a spell. Or the Arcane Giant.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
With Moat Lurker if you destroy a 5/10 lore it comes back as 5/5 right?

Dahbomb

Anyone notice how there's a disproportionate amount of commons in this adventure?

Yeah they don't want you to get too much dust from DEing some of these clearly awful cards.

You're only drawing one card, though. Why would you pick this over Loot Hoarder?

Eh, I suppose you're right. In a perfect world you drop this on the board and get to trade up with it while generating card advantage but I guess there are too many other options in the early game for Shaman now.

gutshot

Spirit Claws is great for Arena. I can already tell I'm going to be triggered when a Shaman plays Spirit Claws on 1 and rolls a spell power totem on 2 and then gets a 1-mana Fiery War Axe with an extra swing.

Razakin

Anyone notice how there's a disproportionate amount of commons in this adventure?

Yeah they don't want you to get too much dust from DEing some of these clearly awful cards.

Only two more commons more than LoE, which had one rare and epic more. Otherwise, both total of 45 cards, comparing to Naxx and BRM is something I can't do at these morning hours, can't be arsed to calculate.

G.ZZZ

Everything was bad except cat trick. That's going in my control hunter easily.

Also violet mage for immunity to fatigue and self damage from weapons is like best mill rogue card ever

inky

Who knows how it will turn out, but this is the least excited I've been for an adventure

I'm excited for a couple of cards. The giant seems alright.

Most of the rest will refresh arena a bit I guess. Well, except if you like Priest, Mage and Rogue will still be top.

Dahbomb

We need an official explanation on Purify from Blizzard.
"Not every card we make is for the competitive players. Some cards we print for players who want a challenge deck build around like Blood of the Ancient One."

They don't need to give an explanation because they have hundreds of ready made excuses printed for them from MTG.

inky

We need an official explanation on Purify from Blizzard.

I mean, they don't really need to explain shit cards, there's infinite room for shit cards in the game.

They should explain why classes that need help are getting stuff like that tho.

biaxident

Pretty bummed out overall, really wanted to see priest shine. Purify must cost 2 mana because of the secret ben brode deck lol. The fact that it's not usable on all minions seems odd, are they really just trying to push ancient watcher/statue deck?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So is the Priest Supposed to play Moat Lurker into Purify? Why the fuck did Blizard think Purify was a good idea? Is it supposed to be played in Herald Volazj deck?

If it was 1 mana, or could target an enemy minion, it would at least be subpar. It's just garbage in its current form.

Onyx Bishop is sort of neat I guess. 3 Drop Body + Resurrect into a single, 5 mana card. Priest of the Feast is very underwhelming, but may actually be decent.

Now Hunter, they got some really nice cards that look exciting. Pantry Spider makes me wonder if Hunter could go for a deck that has massive card draw with Buzzard. Or maybe something that can refill their hand with a turn 9 Gadgetzan Auctioneer + Cloaked Huntress (To follow up the turn 8 Call of the Wild)

The set overall is sort of weak. It does push a few new/weak archetypes, which could pan out. Discard Warlock, Random Class Card Rogue, Taunt Warrior, Dragon Paladin, Secret Hunter, Beast Druid, Beast/Dragon/Murloc deck thing, spell damage Shaman.

I wonder if the 3/2 weapon from Deadly Fork costs mana. If its a 0 mana card, Deadly Fork is basically OP for Rogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom