• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
You have to think there might just be an issue that Priest, if given too much help to get to the late game, is way too powerful and Blizzard testing has shown this. Might not be true but it would explain their reticence.

WOW Priest got absolutely shitted on by Blizzard. Awful cards, and even worse rarities for Arena purposes. That Purify card is about as bad as Bolster!

the thing is what would you even replace those priest cards for in a traditional control priest deck? the new 4 mana for shifting shades but that just makes your nzoth weaker. The 6 mana 3/4 is just a shit card for it's mana and like that is card when you're ahead I doubt majority of the time will you ever resurrect anything good when you're behind w/ that card that'll save you. The 2 mana self silence for the gimmick ancient watcher eerier statue nonsense deck.

Honestly looks like dragon priest might be the most viable deck coming post expansion. Even the neutral cards look better in a priest deck than the priest cards

Pooya

paladin got dr.2? pretty good.

rogue 1 drop seems alright, more playable than huckster. there are some ways not to lose loads of hp too now, there are some things to experiment with. That 3 drop though, talk about SLOW. The weapon cost 3 too, lol.

Looks like an ok set but not too impressive.

I am not surprised by the lack of help for Priest. Odds are a lot of these cards were finalized a while ago and the real uproar about Priest is still fairly recent. I'd expect Priest to get some help in November or whenever the next expansion drops.

Peléo

Man, they could havw made Purify something like: (2) 2/4 Battlecry: Silence a friendly minion. The small drawback (which is sometimes useful) would justify the +1 Health so players wouldnt complain.

paladin got dr.2? pretty good.

rogue 1 drop seems alright, more playable than huckster. there are some ways not to lose loads of hp too now, there are some things to experiment with. That 3 drop though, talk about SLOW. The weapon cost 3 too, lol.

Looks like an ok set but not too impressive.

it's dr 3 but still really good

So my thoughts on the rogue cards.

Maybe Rogue is good enough to play a midrange style?

Lets give this a gander:

It now has 2 one drops. Blade cultist + new guy (swashbuckler?).

2 two drops. The fork and huckster. That fork seems kinda amazing, even with the 3 cost on the weapon you get. In fact, fills your mana curve for what it's worth.

3 of those cards help fuel rogue's later turns, helping with the card velocity rogues could run into if opponent's simply dealt with their minions.

The 3 drop neutral that makes you immune on your turn... helps with rogue's sustain issue. Lets you gain tempo value off your weapons without killing you as a result at least.

I feel like those cards alone really give a reason to run a tempo or midrange rogue. Dark peddler is potentially a really good card, as discussed before, and because of the 1 drop just revealed.

Anyway, splitting headache so I can't continue this post further.

Pooya

I'm going to build a midrange paly and this guy is my quartermaster :p

636060304796624522.png

Hmmm okay, still seems quite good.

I don't know, 3 mana 3/2 to get a 3 cost weapon seemsbad and too slow, just play deadly poison. ok arena card though.

fertygo

Yeah that card is awful

I don't even know who the winner from this adventure

Class that get good card not even supporting the most popular archetype

Druid get mostly good card but its not support Token Druid

Pally get 3-drop but not power up n'zoth pally

Just my basic analysis.

so paladin got some nice cards, hunter made out like a bandit, druid made out like a bandit, mage seemed to get some boosts, rogue seemed to get alright cards for control (?) idk dont play the class, shaman seemed to also get some cards for the control variant (?) again idk, idk about warlock either. Priest gets shafted/worse than before.

Havent really looked at all the neutral cards yet

Pooya

best most reliable combo with warden is probably Tiger, stealth helps you to get value. You can put 3 5/5s on board turn 6, or well earlier for druid :p

so is arcanos smith a better or worse version of senjin? it feels like worse since the 3 dmg from senjin goes to every minion that attacks it while the arcanos will probably only hit 1 mininon w/ the 3 dmg

Raxus

Rogue and Druid made out like bandits.

Priest overbuff coming next set ala shaman. Blizzard can't keep giving them complete shit.

fertygo

Warden seem stupid af

Stealth beast druid into savage roar incoming
Priest overbuff coming next set ala shaman. Blizzard can't keep giving them complete shit.

we get a sign Shaman can be good with TGT and LOE

We not seeing any jack for priest yet

I thought they were delaying showing Priest because they had some good cards to show, I should have known better..

Purify? I mean really?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Paying 3 mana for a 3/2 so you can then pay 3 mana for a 3/2 weapon is BAD

Eh.... I'm not convinced it's that bad. It's kind of like drawing a Deadly Poison that can't stack. A 3 mana 3/2 with deathrattle draw deadly poison seems okay, right?

I don't know, 3 mana 3/2 to get a 3 cost weapon seemsbad and too slow, just play deadly poison. ok arena card though.

Some decks cut deadly poison, plus this one is a deathrattle for n'zoth and deadly poison of course stacks with it. At worst it's still giving you a decent body, and then a 3 mana fireball.

patchday

My midrange was just up against a lock & load hunter in ranked. not bragging I didnt use any exceptional skill. Just using a typical standard mid range deck & didnt even get all the mulligans I wanted. but freaked me out this guy concedes before turn 10. I didnt even get to play Call of the Wild.

And I knew he had Yogg Saron cause when I played King Elek it revealed his yogg card. This made me kinda lol. I grew even more desperate to kill him before turn 10 when I saw that

As a priest main, I really wish I could be excited about the cards but... I just can't. And this is a disheartening trend with priest. Over and over, we get some trick cards that look cool in theory but don't work past rank 15. Confuse, Convert, Resurrect, Shadowfiend, Shadow Word: Horror.. the list goes on and on.There have been some good cards like entomb, but very few compared to the "gimmick fun" cards.

I can't see the situation improving in the next card set, the trend has been too strong and has gone for too long.

inky

They got a common that was 2 mana silence a friendly minion and draw a card, lol

I just watched that Frodan reaction, :lol

Kripp is just starting to review the cards I see. Gonna see what's up, well other than he can't fucking pronounce "menagerie".

Edit: Cloaked Huntress... OK, I'm done. Fuck this game, I'm out. Fucking hate secrets man, but free secrets are a blight on this game.

Razakin

Bishop doesn't say "random" if you could select the minion it could be actually an incredible card.

But I doubt it

If it allows you to choose what dead minion to resurrect, then it will see some play with the few priests that still roam. Though, I wonder how the selection will look like after a long match with tons of dead minions.

Pooya

I think warrior and druid got the best cards and paladin did okish too.

Hunter meh, shaman has some spellpower synergy now, it could have potential, doesn't seem too good, the board clear with spellpower is alright, it's a strictly better arcane explosion, it would have been cool if you got a 2 drop with spell power.

Warlock discard cards remain to be seen how good it is compared with zoo.

Mage... eh, seems like things won't get any better for Jaina. Rogue 1 drop seems ok to me, I don't think other 2 are very good.

Priest LUL.

-----
edit:
damn, why this sucks so much, lol

636060302220885771.png

Some decks cut deadly poison, plus this one is a deathrattle for n'zoth and deadly poison of course stacks with it. At worst it's still giving you a decent body, and then a 3 mana fireball.

If you look it that way for end game damage against control warrior when you run out of sutff it seems better but I'm not sure how relevant that's going to be. If they nerfed flurry to open design space for better rogue weapons, well this is not it :p

cHinzo

Hunter seems like the winner of this adventure. They've gotten some solid cards imo. Nice stats and most of em are playable. Druid also got some nice cards for a potential beast druid deck.

Jesus Christ what a fucking shit show for priest. A self silence card? Oh my god. Who the fuck needs a self silence card? I'm done with this game. Blizzard is shit.

Okay so
Code:
[IMG]https://scontent.fewr1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13906787_1168997823142984_8965827881214454621_n.jpg?oh=0962d1319affcc15aaceb4cf531d1c4c&oe=5823A490[/IMG]

It's kinda like forgotten torch except the front half is a 3/2 body and you don't need to draw the fireball, it goes right towards to your hand and it's a weapon instead of spell. I remember people thought forgotten torch would be bad too. I feel like this is kind of a minion/weapon version of that.

for some reason I thought that rogue minion equipped a 3/2 weapon, didn't realize it was put one in your hand.

See that would have actually made that card really good.

Still don't understand the over nerf of Blade Flurry though, expected a really great weapon back when Old Gods came out and now with Kara still jack shit. Like WTH Blizzard

patchday

As a priest main, I really wish I could be excited about the cards but... I just can't. And this is a disheartening trend with priest. Over and over, we get some trick cards that look cool in theory but don't work past rank 15. Confuse, Convert, Resurrect, Shadowfiend, Shadow Word: Horror.. the list goes on and on.There have been some good cards like entomb, but very few compared to the "gimmick fun" cards.

I can't see the situation improving in the next card set, the trend has been too strong and has gone for too long.

I might try to push past rank 15 this month to see if I go up against any priests. I just dont do ranked that often. I usually just play til my 'win streak' ends.

Ranked appears to get easier every month I feel like my Hunter / Zoo / Shaman have a bright future.

But priest..... They seem kinda lame with all their removals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom