• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kettch

Purify should pretty clearly be 1 mana. 0 is too strong with card draw involved, but at 2 mana you're paying even more than 2 mana for a card draw, since Priest has 0 mana silence anything which is a stronger effect than silence only your own minion.

Nobody pays 2 mana for a card draw. Here are the draw values for mostly non-conditional cards. Obviously stuff like Battle Rage, Divine Favor, Northshire and Gadgetzan can blow these cards away.

Gnomish Inventor - 1.5
Arcane Intellect - 1.5 in a draw everything to win deck, 1-1.5 with added effect in tempo.
Fan of Knives - 1
Mortal Coil - 1
Slam - 1
Loot Hoarder - 1+
Azure Drake - 0.5-1, depending on how you value spell power
Power Word Shield - 0

Purify - 2+

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think reddit did some kind of poll and it came out to be 66/100. I'm just looking at trump's review of his review. Possessed villager was 51. Bog creeper 51. Call of the wild was only a 67.

If you're looking at Trumps review, that was Hearthpwn. They had a lot of very strange picks.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is there something wrong with the game right now?

My opponent has an endless turn where they're stalled, but I can reach people on the in game chat and see them dragging things that don't exist.

Edit

And then even conceding wouldn't work.

Dahbomb

I think reddit did some kind of poll and it came out to be 66/100. I'm just looking at trump's review of his review. Possessed villager was 51. Bog creeper 51. Call of the wild was only a 67.
I might be wrong but 75-100 on that scale is meta defining and 50 to 75 is very good 25-50 is bad, 0-25 is dust tier). Those other cards aren't too off but Shatter is definitely way off.

My opponent has an endless turn where they're stalled, but I can reach people on the in game chat and see them dragging things that don't exist.

Edit

Sounds like you desync'd. This is a bug that has existed for a really long time. Essentially the game has a connection for battlenet and then one for the game server. So you might have disconnected from the game server but still able to chat because thats on a different server.

I've never seen it where you see them dragging things that don't exist. So it could be something rare/different. I haven't hung like that in a really long time, so I assume they've fixed most of the causes.

edit:
Oh, the fix is to exit hearthstone and try to reconnect asap. You have about a minute before it makes you auto-lose.

edit2:
The game is supposed to do this automatically, reconnect you. Sometimes it doesn't still I guess.

Levi

Banned

Edit

Youre disconnected. Alt F4.

squidyj

i dunno, I don't think beast druid is going to be as strong as token. You've got a few really solid plays but I'm not sure the potential is there on every turn.

zoukka

i dunno, I don't think beast druid is going to be as strong as token. You've got a few really solid plays but I'm not sure the potential is there on every turn.

We'll just need to wait and see if one OP card can raise the deck to playable realms. Token druid is extremely strong right now.

Pooya

beast druid seems quite similar to dragon warrior in what it tries to do except that druid doesn't have execute and win axe instead they have innervate, it's worse but still should be competitive.

Dahbomb

Turn 1 Enchanted Raven
Turn 2 Druid of Saber/Huge Toad/Mark of Yshaarj
Turn 3 Mounted Raptor/Jungle Panther/Druid of the Flame
Turn 4 Savage Combatant/Wild Waker/Fandral
Turn 5 Druid of the Claw/Stranglethorn Tiger
Turn 6 Warden

Beast Druid has something decent to very good on every mana curve up until their win condition of Warden. It might not be as good as Dragon Warrior because of no weapon, Execute or Ravaging Ghoul (they got Swipe and Innervate though) but it has potential. And it's squarely in line with the type of decks that get played.

People are going to cringe when Druid steals games with turn 1 coin Innervated Savage Combatant.

squidyj

beast druid seems quite similar to dragon warrior in what it tries to do except that druid doesn't have execute and win axe instead they have innervate, it's worse but still should be competitive.

turn 1 raven or roots
turn 2 what am I running? wild growth? mark of yshaarj which hinges on a raven surviving? druid of the saber? saber aint getting shit done
turn 3 druid of the flame?
turn 4 wildwalker onto what? if you made your druid of the flame a 5/2 it's probably dead now and who the fuck cares about a 2/8? savage combatant just for the 5/4 beast? you're going into turn 5 and 6 which are where you hope to play very strong cards so it's likely you won't be able to hero power for a while.
turn 5 druid of the claw or stranglethorn tiger
turn 6 menagerie warden! yay!

Turn 1 Enchanted Raven
Turn 2 Druid of Saber/Huge Toad/Mark of Yshaarj
Turn 3 Mounted Raptor/Jungle Panther/Druid of the Flame
Turn 4 Savage Combatant/Wild Waker/Fandral
Turn 5 Druid of the Claw/Stranglethorn Tiger
Turn 6 Warden

Beast Druid has something decent to very good on every mana curve up until their win condition of Warden. It might not be as good as Dragon Warrior because of no weapon, Execute or Ravaging Ghoul (they got Swipe and Innervate though) but it has potential. And it's squarely in line with the type of decks that get played.

People are going to cringe when Druid steals games with turn 1 coin Innervated Savage Combatant.

I mostly agree with your assessment of what will be played but to my mind it stumbles over itself and suffers from an exaggeration of the problem that midrange hunter has had.

Dahbomb

Druid of the Saber is an excellent card. Have people already forgotten that Aggro Druid used to be a top deck at one point in the game? It used to run double Druid of Sabers, double Mounted Raptors and double Savage Combatant. And those cards did a lot of work.

The weakness of Beast Druid was always that they didn't have a 1 mana beast to play Marks on and they didn't have anything past turn 5. They got both of those weaknesses filled in.

I do think that it will be around as good as Midrange Hunter right now which is like a tier 2 deck almost tier 1 deck. But I think Midrange Hunter will be better after the adventure so maybe Beast Druid ends up being a lesser Midrange Hunter. And that's fine to be honest.

Lul... double brawl not enough?

.eJwNzEsOgyAQANC7sBdmRD56Avc9ACE4ARMFA9NV07u37wDvI979EpsozM_YlDrOkVo_5ODWYyaZW8sXxeccMrVbReaYyk2Vh0KLaNwCAAaNh3X2aka0YJxbZm28hXXVaqfYufy7SuGVOlEdpXEAP4Gd0Ab0ErREK5-axfcHNQ8snw.6d5dsufhV7RLuwjN4RMqzvZySjM.png

Also, shadowcaster to copy n'zoth for round 2 if necessary. Complete overkill of course, but I've pulled it off before. Usually shadowcaster copies something of smaller value though.

greepoman

Reactions to LoE (widely considered best Adventure ever) were also negative.

Second most upvoted top level comment in this Reddit thread is that Blizzard doesn't care about Shaman. (this is a the adventure that introduced Tunnel Trogg)

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston...hy_dont_i_feel_more_excited_pc_gamer_reports/

I dunno if we should use upvoted comments on reddit as a reference lol.

I wouldn't say the pros were "negative" to LOE...just not jumping out of their seats (not to mention we didn't know about the discover "class-cheat" which made it much better). And LOE only really became great once standard was introduced. If I recall before standard/nerfs the tier 1 decks were zoolock, combo druid, and secret pally (and maybe control warr?)...all of which used maybe 1 LOE card.

And while shaman was ok after LOE, it wasn't til WOTOG until they really became t1.

ZealousD

If dragon paladins take over the meta, purify could be great against all the keeper/eadric/humility bs.

Silence as a card is way more flexible. There's no real reason to run Purify instead.

Dahbomb

Watching the Trump rereview is entertaining. He got way more cards wrong than I thought.

Also WOW @ Amgam Rager having 76 CP... that HAS to be a troll. That's like on the cusp of meta defining.

.eJwNzLsNwyAQANBd6A0cP2NPkD4DIIRPYMkGBJcqyu5x-4r3ZZ9xsZ0Voj53IY5zpjYOPqmNmJHn1vKFsZ-Tp3aLSBRTubHSFOAA7GqklBasl5vyQsGDymuvnXOr2YwRL4yDytNVDO80EOssjYL0i3QLuACea8WN4r1m9vsDNcYsow.gEpEgCwXI12wD4h-yABq0qHaXIg.png

This warlock was stunned after I shadowcasted my sylvanas. Later I used sylvanas and si7 agent to steal his ragnaros. I never got around to playing n'zoth but I'm certain I would have top decked it in a few turns (maybe had 6-7 cards left).

He was running c'thun/reno. His c'thun was a puny 11/11 stats. I probably should have saved shadowstrike to steal his c'thun with sylvanas but I forgot he was playing c'thun.

ZealousD

Watching the Trump rereview is entertaining. He got way more cards wrong than I thought.

I mean he would mark himself wrong for something he called good that was just okay, or say that something had potential and it turned out bad. We only put people on blast when they were CLEARLY wrong.

Also WOW @ Amgam Rager having 76 CP... that HAS to be a troll. That's like on the cusp of meta defining.

Even for HearthPwn, that was a pretty obvious troll to me. They rated Darkshire Councilman much lower, lol

Mulgrok

Murloc Paladin is way more fun than expected. I might change up my deck a bit. Might use Rallying Blade instead of Truesilver for more possibility of synergy.

EDIT: Anyfin Can Happen has been instrumental in battles against control. By the time I use it they have exhausted all of their CC.

EDIT: muligan away double anyfin, immediately draw both... wtf

Zemm

I haven't played the game for a few months so I've come back at like rank 22 and once I got to rank 19 I've only ever faced decks that are good enough to reach legendary and top 100 in that. Everyone at this rank has every card they need to netdeck a tier 1 deck, it's hilarious. I'd never ever suggest to anyone that hasn't played the game before to start playing because it would just be miserable.

Levi

Banned
Playing the same deck, at the same rank, on both EU and NA.

On NA I'm facing meta decks and getting rolled.

On EU I'm 6-0, and I'm facing trash like C'thun Mage.

I had a game where my hand was literally coin-power overwhelming - power overwhelming - power overwhelming - soulfire and my opponent was at 16.(I'll do the math, I had 16 from hand if I have any board).

I took a stealth minion off my second discover to try and stick a minion, but it wasn't actually necessary.

On NA I went three consecutive games where I didn't have a turn one. WITH ZOO. AFTER HARD MULLIGANING FOR ONE DROPS.

Ya know, maybe priest isn't in such bad shape. I am optimistic about medivh working in priest, with yogg perhaps. Medivh turns your entomb into such a good spell, or even excavated evil as it summons after the spell.

I think I might try to whip something together after the expansion is all out.

squidyj

Ya know, maybe priest isn't in such bad shape. I am optimistic about medivh working in priest, with yogg perhaps. Medivh turns your entomb into such a good spell, or even excavated evil as it summons after the spell.

i want to play forbidden shaping and get 2 rags

Dahbomb

Well Blizzard thinks Medivh is amazing in Priest.

fertygo

They said Mage and Priest is the best for Medivh, when what actually gonna happen is some random Hunter will made trolden material summoning Tirion while cast Call of the Wild LMAO

btw I wish mobius can tone down his shill job for a bit

jgminto

Thinking about Purify some more, would it see play at one mana? At zero it would be run in most decks as it allows you to essentially run 28 cards instead of 30 for a slight cost of potentially weakening a minion (though if you tailored your deck for it that might not be so bad). Obviously at 2 mana you'd just run the Loot Hoarder or Novice Engineer if you wanted to spend that much for draw and not have a downside, but would a 1 Mana Purify see play, at least in decks where you're looking to draw quickly?

In all likelihood Medivh will be really strong for Priest. Problem is it just makes them strongwe in situations where they're already at their strongest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom