• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

If Blizzard were to return to Classic, I'd want to see them take a look at rebalancing the entire set. That would be more interesting than adding and removing a handful of cards.

FeD.nL

kibler told them to do it but they didn't listen. He was right as always.

Yup, he is.

I'm opposed to rebalancing (read: Make them unplayable Blizz style) because, like Kibler, that stuff should just go to Wild.

When you look at the basic + classic set you're looking at 378 cards (that is without cards that get summoned by effects like Ashbringer for example, if those are included it would be 453 cards). They changed 12 cards this year from those 2 sets, and still these sets make up a big portion of the top decks while there are 2 other sets and soon to be 3 adventures in standard rotation.

Just dump the classic set in Wild next year. Revisit the basic set and remove/add cards there for standard rotation. Like instead of frostbolt next year bring back flamecannon in the basic set, and the year following that could change back to frostbolt. But always have it at 133 collectable cards.

patchday

Nothing like having an easy "kill 40 enemies" type of quest but out of greed- you reroll hoping for a 100g quest but instead get punished with a "Win 2 victories as Priest or Paladin" instead (another 40g). oh well I got a weird Scaling Dragon deck I made for priest that has done well

embalm

Here is what I'm looking forward to with the expansion.

Resurrect Priest: Having 4 cards to trigger a Resurrect is enough to try and pull off the gimmick and win games. I don't think it will be good, but I think it will be fun. Injured Blade master will probably be the central theme, along with running no 1 or 2 drops.

Beast Druid should have more than enough cards to be a real deck. Menagerie Warden is legit and enables crazy tempo swings. It isn't hard to play with another card when you're behind, and isn't too terrible when you get no benefit.

Dragon Pally, Warrior, and Priest are going to see some more play. I think Dragon Pally is the big winner with the new cards, because of the 2 drop. I'll have to play and compare before really deciding what works best, but it should be good times.

Discard Warlock looks legit. You can pull off some absolutely insane combos with all of the new discard mechanics. You will get screwed hard by the randomness, but it should be a fun deck to try out.

Those are the 4 decks that I am excited to play. I think Druid will be good enough to become one of my staple decks. I think Discard Warlock will be good, but the random discard will drive me crazy and I won't play it after a few bad discards.

wiibomb

guys, do you think there could be a substitute for the twilight dragon in a warrior dragon deck?

I'm trying to make this deck but I don't have those..

I also don't have gromm, but I know that can be replaced, so I'll try to get it.

EDIT: gromm CAN'T be replaced

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
guys, do you think there could be a substitute for the twilight dragon in a warrior dragon deck?

I also don't have gromm, but I know that can be replaced, so I'll try to get it.

Twilight guardian is a fairly straight forward card with straight forward functions in that deck.

It's a dragon activator for your conditional dragon cards. It's an overstatted taunt when activated. And it fills your curve which is what makes dragon warrior so nasty/annoying.

So the important parts are taunt, dragon, and 4 mana.

The two options to me would be bloodhoof brave, which is 4 mana and taunt, but no dragon tribe which hurts consistency.

Or twilight Drake, which usually has good stats (assuming you have cards in hand) and has the dragon tribe.

Twilight guardian is important to the deck, but if you can't craft it, I'd go with bloodhoof brave. It hurts activation consistency but it serves there other roles pretty well.

embalm

Twilight Guardian is the card you don't have I think.

You are looking for 2 dragon cards to trigger the synergy in a mid-range slot. So without knowing exactly what you have, the best thing to do would be to search your collection for Dragon and put the best Dragon cards you have for the mana cost of 3, 4, or 5 into your deck.

I would suggest you use Twilight Drake above the others if you have it.

Edit: What Yaboosh said. :)

wiibomb

Twilight guardian is a fairly straight forward card with straight forward functions in that deck.

It's a dragon activator for your conditional dragon cards. It's an overstatted taunt when activated. And it fills your curve which is what makes dragon warrior so nasty/annoying.

So the important parts are taunt, dragon, and 4 mana.

The two options to me would be bloodhoof brave, which is 4 mana and taunt, but no dragon tribe which hurts consistency.

Or twilight Drake, which usually has good stats (assuming you have cards in hand) and has the dragon tribe.

Twilight guardian is important to the deck, but if you can't craft it, I'd go with bloodhoof brave. It hurts activation consistency but it serves there other roles pretty well.

I don't have the twilight drake, but I have a midnight drake I got yesteday... could that work? that and a bloodhoof brave?

Levi

Banned
I don't have the twilight drake, but I have a midnight drake I got yesteday... could that work? that and a bloodhoof brave?

I really don't like Twilight Drake or Midnight Drake.. your hand size is going to be really small.

Bloodhoof or Fierce Monkey seem like better options to me. Just make sure you're running a list with double Fairie Dragons and you should do okay.

Jawmuncher

So i just played wow to level 20 to get Liandra. I had a quick prompt when I logged into Hearthstone saying I had her but I don't see her anywhere. When I click the paladia there's no option to change. I tried logging out and logging back in, is there any reason she isn't showing?

bjaelke

So i just played wow to level 20 to get Liandra. I had a quick prompt when I logged into Hearthstone saying I had her but I don't see her anywhere. When I click the paladia there's no option to change. I tried logging out and logging back in, is there any reason she isn't showing?

You can select her in your collection manager. Top right corner has a cardback and hero portrait tab.

@youtube clip, lmao that was funny

Midnight drake is pretty bad as it's probably a 5/4 most of the time. Even 6/4 is not near 3/6 imo.

Frodan's kara review.
CpUjXa3UkAA9J5_.jpg:large

Levi

Banned
I think Moroes is about as bad as Purify; why aren't there petitions about that one?

Priest got a couple cards that are going to be used in decks. That's more than some classes got.

Seems like people are asking for Blizz to turn Priest into just another Curve deck with over powered early game minions.

If Priest players want that style of game play, pick up literally any other class.

wiibomb

I really don't like Twilight Drake or Midnight Drake.. your hand size is going to be really small.

Bloodhoof or Fierce Monkey seem like better options to me. Just make sure you're running a list with double Fairie Dragons and you should do okay.

this is true, I saw it being played and it had at most 4 cards, both would had about 4/4, not really worth, the taunt minons could work better, even better with bloodhoof brave.

so, 2 bloodhoof braves or 2 monkeys or 1 and 1?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Offtopic but has anyone tried Lothar's Giant Shaman deck?
I played a couple of games and it's pretty fun.

Deck list

bjaelke

I think Moroes is about as bad as Purify; why aren't there petitions about that one?

Priest got a couple cards that are going to be used in decks. That's more than some classes got.

Seems like people are asking for Blizz to turn Priest into just another Curve deck with over powered early game minions.

If Priest players want that style of game play, pick up literally any other class.

Class cards are supposed to be stronger than neutral cards.

clav

A neutral legendary. Also has a really small playbook as a power 6 play in Paladin.

Legendary means it won't show up a lot in arena.

You gave up on arena, so it makes sense why you said that.

greepoman

It's not about being another curve deck... it's about being able to be more than trash tier. They just want a card that allow them to survive against the popular meta decks to just have a chance whether it's a minion or spell. A minion like death lord or a spell like lightbomb.

Moroes is a neutral legendary. Yeah, he sucks, but it doesn't really affect anything. Priest getting a garbage common fucks them in Arena even harder than they're already fucked and denies them what every other class gets for constructed: an overpowered tool that only they can use. This is on top of giving them only mediocre cards that either come out too late or already have significant competition for those slots.

I think it's always been explained as that they can be, but not necessarily. Plus moroes is a legendary, which I think is capable of being stronger than even class cards (to make them worth running over class cards potentially).

I actually think moroes would be playable if ravaging ghoul wasn't so common. It's like paladin hitting hero power at the end of every turn for free. But it'll never survive long and requires you to keep the 1/1 stealth for that to have any chance of happening. If it were 2 mana it would probably be at least pretty decent. Same if it were a 1/2. It's a borderline playable card.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

The even sadder part is that Purify has a conditional friendly-only silence effect. If it was 2 mana silence anything and cycle a card, I don't think anyone would look twice at it. It would be a good choice for card cycling and if you want more consistency in a combo deck, or you really need to stop that 4atk taunt or whatever. But a self-only silence is just bad. Unless they print a bunch of overstatted priest minions that can't attack or have other drawbacks (Eerie Statue, etc), the card has too few pieces to work with.

My guess is that Purify was silence anything draw a card at one point late in play test, but someone decided that was too good and they changed it to something they could safely print without breaking anything and would require no additional testing as there was no time.

The earlier poster who said that Entomb is the card that is so anti-fun that priest can never get good cards until it rotates out could be right, but that would mean they actually listen to the people getting mad about Entomb on the internet, which would also mean they listen to the internet at all, which so far appears to be false.

bjaelke

I think it's always been explained as that they can be, but not necessarily. Plus moroes is a legendary, which I think is capable of being stronger than even class cards (to make them worth running over class cards potentially).
It was a general comment about his post. The fact that people are considering running several of the neutrals and none of the class cards is worrying. We can live with terrible neutral legendaries.

Haven't played much Hearthstone recently, only logging in to do some quests. With Karazhan coming I thought I might get back into it. That is, until I see Purify... Is this a sick joke?

If it was 2 mana silence anything and cycle a card, I don't think anyone would look twice at it.

If it were 2 mana silence anything and draw a card, it'd be 100% staple imo. I think blizzard learned their lesson about providing this kind of card, hence they nerfed hoot hoot owl. That purify card would be better than 2 mana owl by a large margin in priest.

I don't think it would be broken, but part of me is happy they aren't making silence so widely available still. Lack of strong silence in the game has been better for the game, I think, than I originally thought it would be.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Haven't played much Hearthstone recently, only logging in to do some quests. With Karazhan coming I thought I might get back into it. That is, until I see Purify... Is this a sick joke?

It is by far the weirdest card printed so far, the strong reaction is because it's a priest class card which is the weakest class in the game at the moment. (At least that's the general consensus, dunno about real numbers)

If it were 2 mana silence anything and draw a card, it'd be 100% staple imo. I think blizzard learned their lesson about providing this kind of card, hence they nerfed hoot hoot owl. That purify card would be better than 2 mana owl by a large margin in priest.

I don't think it would be broken, but part of me is happy they aren't making silence so widely available still. Lack of strong silence in the game has been better for the game, I think, than I originally thought it would be.
100% agred

patchday

Honestly I think some people look at LOE with rose colored glasses and I get where you were originally coming from.

Here's why...top decks before WoToG/standard were basically
combo druid (no loe cards)
aggro shaman (tunnel trogg)
secret pally (1 loe card)
zoo (2 loe card)
Control warr (1 loe card)

With most of these decks being tier1 before LoE

Karsticles is right that there was a lot of viable tier2 stuff (and maybe edging t1), but if LOE was so game changing we wouldn't have been dying for standard and believe me we all were. So you might look back and say that WoToG had more affect on your decks...but that was actually because of standard (naxx and gvg left the meta) moreso than wotog cards.

LoE brought Discover to the game.

That's game changing.

good info thanks. Yeah it is good to better understand the expectations of the veteran populace and where they're coming from. And I think you guys understand my perspective (as a newer player) why I like the way things are.

inky

How many times does Moroes has to hit to be acceptable? At least 3 but in reality more than 4 I'd say. That's a bit insane. It'd be fun to see it if we had cards that could accelerate the effect.

I've played about 2 hours of Elder Scrolls now and it's not terrible I think. First impressions: I like that coin lasts 3 turns, the aura effects -especially the negative auras-, the damage pips vs prophecy cards mechanics ar interesting at least. Don't know about the balance. Don't like the powering up cards, but I haven't played enough yet to see how it affects progression if at all. It's OK.

It'd be fun to see more aura effects in Hearthstone, especially debuffs that could double as removal for all the tokens the game is filled with lately.

inky

How many times does Moroes has to hit to be acceptable? At least 3 but in reality 4 or more than 4 I'd say. That's a bit insane. It'd be fun to see it if we had cards that could accelerate the effect.

I've played about 2 hours of Elder Scrolls now and it's not terrible I think. First impressions: I like that coin lasts 3 turns, the aura effects -especially the negative auras-, the damage pips vs prophecy cards mechanics. Don't like the powering up cards, but I haven't played enough yet. It's OK.

It'd be fun to see more aura effects in Hearthstone, especially debuffs that could double as removal for all the tokens the game is filled with lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom