• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

Fucking lol @ Brodes "some players actually like winning with bad cards".

why is that funny its true. granted this is obviously an exception since most players (like me) just stick to meta mostly

Right at this moment I'm playing Priest with Scaling Nightmare

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
why is that funny its true. granted this is obviously an exception since most players (like me) just stick to meta mostly

Yeah, and you have stuff like Blood of the Ancient One which is basically the definition of winning with a bad card.

Keasar

Fuck Sylvanas.
Fuck Ragnaros.
Fuck these mandatory legendaries I don't have and EVERYONE seem to have! I just wanna win ONE round with my shitty Hunter deck is that too much to ask!?

patchday

Fuck Sylvanas.
Fuck Ragnaros.
Fuck these mandatory legendaries I don't have and EVERYONE seem to have! I just wanna win ONE round with my shitty Hunter deck is that too much to ask!?

Yeah my Hunter lost 2 ranked standard matches this morning and lost her winning streak. No biggie I am just gonna wait til later today and will probably get much easier matchups

Goofing off with my Priest right now. Game kept giving me Priest quests

Fuck Sylvanas.
Fuck Ragnaros.

You'll get there someday I dusted everything from 6 of 9 classes to craft most of the legendaries I have. Cairne is the only Legendary I use I haven't crafted.

FeD.nL

Yeah, and you have stuff like Blood of the Ancient One which is basically the definition of winning with a bad card.

Well for me personally it's that Brode used this argument to defend Purify.

Like I completely understand people enjoy getting a win with Blood of the Ancient One. It's a unique card that allows for a unique win condition when you pull it off.

Purify on the other hand does none of those things. It doesn't create a unique win condition, because you already have silence and silencing an Eerie statue or Ancient Watcher for the win is already possible. It doesn't add anything to the arsenal priest already has.

Like it would have been better if this card would change a friendly minion to a purified egg that you have to heal up to 30 to summon a Unicorn and win the game.

This on the other hand is just a complete waste of a slot.

patchday

You'll get there someday I dusted everything from 6 of 9 classes to craft most of the legendaries I have. Cairne is the only Legendary I use I haven't crafted.

I finally got enough dust to craft my own legendary. Kinda thinking Sylvannas since she's all the hotness. Idk cant make up my mind so I just been sitting on my dust. I kinda feel like I already got great collection at this point since so many decks don't need fancy legendaries

CoolOff

But those are based around winning with a unique card. You don't play it because it's bad. I took Warlock to Golden with 100+ games of Renounce Darkness. I would buy the argument if you were currently trying to win with Magma Rager or something. Purify is that bad, and if you want to win with self-silence, just play Silence.

I really like Runic Egg in Arena. Thinking about it it gets close to auto-pick for me.

wiibomb

Fuck Sylvanas.
Fuck Ragnaros.

I got ragnaros on last sunday and I'm ecstatic because of it (One less to have!).

yet I don't have sylvanna and most decks who use rag seem to use sylvanna.

and in my case I need grommash for.. well, everything made for warrior

V-Faction

Thinking s'more about Moat Lurker. The Deathrattle is attached to Battlecry, so I assume it has to land the Battlecry otherwise the Deathrattle is 'void' or vacant in a sense. If you summon it via a portal for instance, it wouldn't be able to bring anything back. But also, the wording is 'Resummon', not a copy necessarily, which is why an enemy minion will be summoned for your opponent and not you. I wonder... if that wording applies to that specific Moat Lurker. Could you Moat Lurker a Moat Lurker which ate your own minion and get a double minion when the Moat Lurker dies a 2nd time or does it simply detach itself once dead. Likewise, would Faceless Manipulating your Moat Lurker bring a minion back twice? Faceless copies all damage and buffs, so the question is does the Battlecry/Deathrattle act like a text buff...

N'Zoth and Resurrect simply say summon, which is why when you get your minion back it is at full health. Maybe I'm drilling too much into the wording and Moat Lurker is simply piggybacking on those existing effects, but I'd be WAY more interested if it indeed had unique mechanics attached.

Fake Edit: And now that I think about it, the spell Ancestral Spirit does indeed say 'resummon' and works exactly the same. So you probably can't daisy chain them with buffs.

Pooya

I probably try Moat Lurker in my N'Zoth rogue deck. I really like Blade of C'thun, it's so fun and even for 9 mana it's too strong. I have one shadowstep in my deck already, so I can possibly mitigate the downside of Moat Lurker, it's a fun card to play with and you can do some stupid combos with it.

Levi

Banned
So how much do I have to lose before the hidden MMR kicks in and I start getting favorable match ups in ranked?

Because I am getting so screwed this season. I started at 16, played for at least 8 hours, and I'm rank 17. And I'm still getting fucked by match making.

zoukka

So how much do I have to lose before the hidden MMR kicks in and I start getting favorable match ups in ranked?

Because I am getting so screwed this season. I started at 16, played for at least 8 hours, and I'm rank 17. And I'm still getting fucked by match making.

Why do you feel it's the matchmaking?

Thinking s'more about Moat Lurker. The Deathrattle is attached to Battlecry, so I assume it has to land the Battlecry otherwise the Deathrattle is 'void' or vacant in a sense. If you summon it via a portal for instance, it wouldn't be able to bring anything back. But also, the wording is 'Resummon', not a copy necessarily, which is why an enemy minion will be summoned for your opponent and not you. I wonder... if that wording applies to that specific Moat Lurker. Could you Moat Lurker a Moat Lurker which ate your own minion and get a double minion when the Moat Lurker dies a 2nd time or does it simply detach itself once dead. Likewise, would Faceless Manipulating your Moat Lurker bring a minion back twice? Faceless copies all damage and buffs, so the question is does the Battlecry/Deathrattle act like a text buff...

I would think that if you Moat Lurkered your own Sylvanas, if you then Moat Lurkered that Moat Lurker, you would get Sylvanas and the new Moat Lurker would just summon a plain old 3/3 Moat Lurker when it dies. Faceless Manipulator should copy the exact deathrattle. So back to the Moat Lurker that you used to kill your own Sylvanas. If you Facelessed that Moat Lurker, you would have 2 Moat Lurkers that would each summon a Sylvanas when they die. That's how Unearthed Raptor works, anyway. I'm not convinced that using Moat Lurker to kill your own minions is a particularly good strategy, though. I'd much rather use Moat Lurker with either a Silence or a return to hand effect. Even then, it's probably a bit too costly for what it does and kind of clunky to play.

Xanathus

Turn off your webcam because your forehead is too big and the game is recognizing you as Reynad.

patchday

Why do you feel it's the matchmaking?

ouch

meh you're just tilt. wasnt you like rank 5 last season...

Just have to power through early ranks, if you get bad matchups reaching 15 can feel, it isn't, tougher than 5. Since once you get to 10 everyone is running meta decks you can tech against.

gutshot

Looking at the Druid lists being theorycrafted in here and I'm starting to think that Menagerie Warden may be getting overhyped a bit. It requires you to have a Beast on board and even then it's just a pile of stats, there's no tempo swing or initiative inherent in the card. The dream scenario with Stranglethorn is good, but might just be too slow in this meta.

Overall, I'm not sure Beast Druid will be good enough. It feels like it will be too slow to beat the more aggressive tempo decks and not fast enough to overwhelm the slower control decks. Hopefully I'm wrong. I've always wanted Beast Druid to work.

Levi

Banned
He only gets matched up to decks that hard counter him and that is the only reason he loses. It's a known fact that hearthstone has matchup bugs that screw specifically with Levi.

Nah, that's not the only reason I lose. But I hit rank 6 last season so I feel that I should be able to get to at least 15 this season. I also feel that it's odd that I see so many hunters until I queue as zoo and only then do I see warriors, ya know?

And it's not a bug. There's clearly MMR. I face absolute trash tier decks at rank 17 on EU and on NA it's all meta decks, frequently against golden heroes with the legend cardback. I'm just wondering when it'll kick in in my favor.

patapuf

Nah, that's not the only reason I lose. But I hit rank 6 last season so I feel that I should be able to get to at least 15 this season. I also feel that it's odd that I see so many hunters until I queue as zoo and only then do I see warriors, ya know?

And it's not a bug. There's clearly MMR. I face absolute trade tier decks at rank 17 on EU and on NA it's all meta decks, frequently against golden heroes with the legend cardback. I'm just wondering when it'll kick in in my favor.

The beginning of the month is always harder because the good guys haven't ranked up yet.

I always get my highest ranks on the last few days and the rest of the month is basically a wash.

Finalow

do you play blindfolded? Might explain why you can't win any game at rank 17 after *at least* 8 hours of playing and during a season which started almost 2 weeks ago.

V-Faction

Looking at the Druid lists being theorycrafted in here and I'm starting to think that Menagerie Warden may be getting overhyped a bit. It requires you to have a Beast on board and even then it's just a pile of stats, there's no tempo swing or initiative inherent in the card. The dream scenario with Stranglethorn is good, but might just be too slow in this meta.

Overall, I'm not sure Beast Druid will be good enough. It feels like it will be too slow to beat the more aggressive tempo decks and not fast enough to overwhelm the slower control decks. Hopefully I'm wrong. I've always wanted Beast Druid to work.

What the Beast archetype was looking for (in my opinion) was a good, solid combo with good, solid cards to cement at least a viable strategy. By itself, you're right, Menagerie Warden isn't going to give you the win. It's the specific combination of:

Menagerie Warden + Stranglethorn Tiger/DotC
Mark of Y'Sharrj + Enchanted Raven

that will give Beast Druid a strong foundation. Before, the Beast synergy was so clunky because you had Activators and Benefitors all over the place. Druid of the Fang rotated out of Standard before it could even really shine.

On top of that, Zoobot, Curator, and all the other neutrals are very flexible and will allow gaps to be filled with the existing Druid minions/spells.

Levi

Banned
do you play blindfolded? Might explain why you can't win any game at rank 17 after *at least* 8 hours of playing and during a season which started almost 2 weeks ago.

Nope, not playing blindfolded. Just sub-50% win rate so far this season on NA.

I have 60%+ on both Asia and EU with FTP decks and I can't string 3 wins together in a row on NA with tier one meta decks. Pretty frustrating.

Someday it's going to be proven that Ranked match-making is not random and I hope that everyone who has been making fun of me feels bad for at least a half a second before moving on with their day.

Parshias7

Trump's review of Prince Malchezaar is hilarious.

You could put this in Renolock, only sometimes it'll give you a duplicate Legendary and you won't be able to play Reno.

*cut*

I've just been informed this card doesn't put duplicate Legendaries into your deck. But you can still get your Tirion in Warlock!

*cut*

I've just been informed this card can't put Legendaries from other classes into your deck. This card sucks!

Apathy

Wonder if they'll forget by the time the next expansion comes out or if they'll go full crazy and give priest some broken shit.

Levi

Banned
Wonder if they'll forget by the time the next expansion comes out or if they'll go full crazy and give priest some broken shit.

I think Priest is gonna get some solid, midrange minions and turn into yet another curve/tempo deck. They might even be tier one after all is said and done.

I really doubt they're going to print a bunch of cards to buff Control Priest.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I think Priest is gonna get some solid, midrange minions and turn into yet another curve/tempo deck. They might even be tier one after all is said and done.

To turn Priest into a class that can play a curve/tempo deck they would need to add A LOT of minions at 1, 2 and 3 mana levels. Priest has extremely limited options below 4 mana that are effective (at least in Standard, RIP Dark Cultist)

So even if Priest gets a Totem Golem 2 drop, they would need something strong at 3 mana as well to be as degenerate as the current Shaman decks are.

Apathy

But priest need early game more than ant other class.

Deck goes unchecked for 3 year, its played even from the first few tourney.. blizz never weaken the deck despite the amount of whining to it.

its insane longevity for archetype, just finally not in meta because its can't win against warrior and deck with doomhammer.

There were plenty of ways to counter or reduce the effectiveness of freeze mage. It would be a problem if it was great this expansion since we lost loatheb and healbot, plus the anti-secret card is pretty mediocre.

It can't really deal with aggressive decks as well as it used to since mad scientist can't fetch their secrets for free.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
You definitely cut one copy of Savage Roar.

I would also cut one copy of Living Roots. You kinda want 1/2/3 Beast drops.

I am not convinced that you don't run double living roots in Beast Druid. That slows you down enough that you might get rolled against certain decks. I feel like Beast Druid wants to establish that early board and keep it because it doesn't necessarily have a strong closer.

Cutting Mulch and Savage Roar seems like the better idea.

Levi

Banned
To turn Priest into a class that can play a curve/tempo deck they would need to add A LOT of minions at 1, 2 and 3 mana levels. Priest has extremely limited options below 4 mana that are effective (at least in Standard, RIP Dark Cultist)

So even if Priest gets a Totem Golem 2 drop, they would need something strong at 3 mana as well to be as degenerate as the current Shaman decks are.

You don't think it's possible that the next expansion can have two or three early game Priest minions?

Dragon Priest is already almost there. Welp into Curator into Blackwing Tech into Twilight into Corruptor into Cairne into Chillmaw into whatever into N'zoth. Upgrade a couple of minions on that curve and bam, tier 3. Upgrade them enough, tier 2, easy.

Dahbomb

I find it interesting that in Duelyst, Vetruvian has a 0-mana silence and it's a 2-3x card staple in every Vetruvian deck, but I've never seen a Priest run Silence in Hearthstone. It's obvious why that's the case, but it's still interesting.
Different meta games and class archetypes.

Right now there aren't many targets you even want to silence. Very few good taunts in the game and the early/mid game taunts the tempo decks can beat those taunts with their own minions. These aggressive decks don't care about Sylvanas and are generally winning the game before Tirion drops down. There's no Belcher that aggressive decks need to silence. No Void Caller that cheats out a Malganis.

In Handlock's peak Shamans used to run double Earthshock for the one mana free kill on Twilight Drakes. Duelyst has those Obelisks and summoned units that get wrecked by silence which is why silence is strong in the game right now.

If there were more powerful effects in the game that got wrecked by silence and Priest was a strong aggressive class... the 0 mana Silence would get played a lot. It's an excellent tempo play when you need to get past a taunt or something.

bjaelke

Karazhan patch just hit

ABn48t5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom