• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I'm expecting their Blizzcon announcement to be details of the Arena rebalancing they've been talking about.

I do think they need more modes and features, but I suspect they won't roll those out until they feel they're happy with how the existing content works.

They've addressed the regular mode with rotating sets and ranked rewards, and they've addressed Adventures by giving out 45 cards, much more unique content, and a more accessible price. That leaves Arena as the prime target for polishing up.

I would love a shakeup of the Arena format. I don't know what form that would take, but there are lots of cool ideas out there. I have played sealed draft formats for other card games, L5R, Magic. Arena is similar to how those work, but I'm sure there are ways to do interesting things with it.

Generally the sealed formats I've played only ever involve 1 set at a time which very frequently leads to interesting meta choices. Cards that kind of suck get to shine because there simply is no other choice. I wonder if they will attempt to make a more limited Arena format. Either pulling out the Wild choices or do something more drastic like re-assigning rarities to a lot of the more powerful arena cards.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I would love a shakeup of the Arena format. I don't know what form that would take, but there are lots of cool ideas out there. I have played sealed draft formats for other card games, L5R, Magic. Arena is similar to how those work, but I'm sure there are ways to do interesting things with it.

Generally the sealed formats I've played only ever involve 1 set at a time which very frequently leads to interesting meta choices. Cards that kind of suck get to shine because there simply is no other choice. I wonder if they will attempt to make a more limited Arena format. Either pulling out the Wild choices or do something more drastic like re-assigning rarities to a lot of the more powerful arena cards.

They've basically stated their plan is to implement a system where they can change the appearance rate of cards on a per-card basis, so they can lower how frequently very powerful common cards appear.

I don't expect it to be especially drastic.

Realistically speaking they will just felate themselves over how amazing Old Gods is and how they were geniuses for bringing Standard (there's your whole new game mode!!!), and also you should buy their upcoming expansion Karazhan (coming August 16!!!) and you'll get a NEW CARDBACK if you buy all wings on week one (with real money)!
We're talking about Blizzcon, not Gamescom.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
They've basically stated their plan is to implement a system where they can change the appearance rate of cards on a per-card basis, so they can lower how frequently very powerful common cards appear.

I don't expect it to be especially drastic.

Betting on boring and safe is usually the way with regard to Blizzard's moves. /sigh

I would imagine that by the time Blizzcon rolls around (early Nov), it would be just about time to announce a new Expansion for Hearhtstone as well. So if they do that and then put it out in December they will have technically met their 3 pieces of content per year, if only just.

Levi

Banned
The brawl is literally just the unoptimized deck recipes that came along with Old Gods.

So weird.

I've been saving a Pally quest for Brawl but the Shields up Deck Recipe is pretty crap.

The Warlock recipe is literally just Zoo....

Fuck off Blizzard.

Edit: Yup, literally just lot to a cookie cutter zoo deck. What the hell is the point of this brawl? Why would Blizzard think anyone would enjoy this?

wiibomb

Fuck off Blizzard.

Edit: Yup, literally just lot to a cookie cutter zoo deck. What the hell is the point of this brawl? Why would Blizzard think anyone would enjoy this?

more salt? more salt.

You'd think they would want to advertise the new adventure and do a card preview.

Okay I think this brawl makes sense,new adventure means new players pretty soon, even more when you make the prologue free with 2 copies of 2 new cards (both usable too), then why not convince those new players to try out the (not so) new cards expansion! new cards to try and make others buy packs.

Druid is better because it's actually a decently constructed Cthun Druid.

I lost twice before winning with druid, it isn't that easy, mage wrecked me

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Fuck off Blizzard.

It's for newer players without many cards who want to try a fleshed out deck.

Xanathus

I lost twice before winning with druid, it isn't that easy, mage wrecked me

My win was with Druid against Mage, and the Mage deck is just a worse version of the current Yogg Mage deck on ladder so in general it feels Druid would be favored in that matchup.

Levi

Banned
I guess it does let new players try out deck archetypes and see if they want to spend their dust crafting those cards.

Might save some players from wasting dust on bad decks like the Paladin one.

Mulgrok

My scumbag priest deck is working wonderfully and climbed to rank 14 with 66% win rate.

Just had someone add me as friend just to say, "play a minion you dirty cunt"

I'm lovin' it!

EDIT: my winrate would be higher, but I am not great at the game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Blizzard generally has a large spike in new users leading up to an expansion pack.

As for why it didn't happen back in April, I'm guessing they wanted people to not play with all the cards right away.

Wasnt there a brawl that didnt work and had to be replaced? Maybe this is that brawl?

sibarraz

Banned
I'm playing rogue in the deck and it amazes me how when I drop n'zoth nobody tries to kill him.

I played him twice in both matches, one against a golden portrait rogue

Picked Shaman, went against Mage.

Almost died until I used Hallazeal+Elemental Destruction to get back to full health. Also got a Healing Wave from Jeweled Scarab to save myself. Opponent finally played Yogg but I actually came out ahead (Naturalized Yogg and cleared his board). Still lost when my Evolve gave me Baron Geddon and put me in lethal range (along with clearing out my board).

Two games against Druid. Both start the same way:
Turn 1: Coin plus Darnassus
Turn 2: Innervate plus Crazed Worshipper

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The decks seem to be exactly the available deck recipies for each class. Some were pretty good (Druid, Mage) some were a dumpster fire (Paladin, Priest).

Something is up with their hint screens. I'm a Shaman, playing a Warrior, and I the Warrior's tip about amassing armor.

Guess they're working on trying to get more information to newer players through constructed brawls.

Edit: Same thing happened as a Warrior facing a Rogue. It gave me their starting tip, so things are a little wacky.

Schnauzer

I play priest and paladin nearly exclusively and the state of the priest has actually made me stop playing. With no hope in site, anyone have any good games with a similar class?

Levi

Banned
I play priest and paladin nearly exclusively and the state of the priest has actually made me stop playing. With no hope in site, anyone have any good games with a similar class?

Yeah, there's this game called Hearthstone, and it has a mode called Wild, and Priest is tier one there.

But it casts you Astral Communion for free. 10 mana value in 5 mana card!

My opponent was dead on board and played 2 of them back to back, 1 of them killed itself the other dealt 1 damage to him and drew him a card.
Spellslinger has been pretty good to me though straight up won me a game by giving me the 5 damage 5 heal spell.

Fishlake

This brawl is alright but it would have been better a few months ago.

Are they really not changing the recipes?

Best Druid, Mage
also good Warrior, Warlock.

Finished 5B win quest quickly.

Mulgrok

Link deck please!

once I hit rank 13 I evened out to 55% win rate.

y3Watfb.png
zJdi0wU.png

it probably needs adjustment for the meta in that bracket.

EDIT: I get plenty of ESPORTS! moments with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom