• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Cloaked Huntress is on paper an excellent card. Issue is that Hunter has gotten excellent cards in the past but they don't use them in the common decks because it runs opposite to what their most popular deck wants to do which is play beasts on curve. If you have a deck of secrets then that means some turns you will be giving up tempo and that's a big no no.

That said week 1 is really week minus Firelands Portal.

bjaelke

Week 4 - https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/4wy7yo/with_the_new_patch_the_order_of_card_releases/
It's solid. Whether a hunter deck with secrets can still reliably work is another thing, but that card is mad tempo.
Problem as I see it is that you need Huntress and secrets in your hand at the same time to gain said tempo. Miss out on either in your mulligan and you got some "dead" cards in your hand. Maybe a new archtype will arise but right now bow/animal companion looks to be the better options to occupy the 3 mana slot in hunter decks.

Szadek

Cloaked Huntress is way worse than Challenger and Mad Scientist, because they "draw" the secrets and put the, into play for free, while Huntress only does the later.
It's also very similar to Kirin Tor Mage, a card that was never worth playing..
On top of that, hunter have a very crowded 3 mana slot.
I'm just not sure which card you would take out for it.

As a result, I don't think huntress is going to change all that much about the current hunter decks.
It might get played since it's a 3/4 with an upside and maybe hunter start playing another freezing trap, but that's about it.
I'm fairly sure hunters are going to play Barnes, which could be another factor in this cards favor.

jgminto

I think the benefit of Cloaked Huntress is that Hunter secrets are the most "fair" when played at full mana cost. It's the reason you still see a secret or two in Hunter while Mage only ever runs Ice Block, dropping an Explosive, Bear or Snake Trap on Turn 2 isn't necessarily a horrible loss of tempo. I don't know if Huntress will see play in regular midrange Hunter but I think she'll do a lot for spell-focused Hunter decks. Playing Huntress with Lock and Load or maybe Auctioneer could make for a massive swing turn.

fertygo

Aggro shaman player made me win game that I shouldn't win because letting onyxia and the whelp live, he had 7 minion at other side lmao

zoukka

Yeah you don't need to play huntress on turn 3 to get value out of her. Just wait for a secret and play your companions/bows on curve.

CoolOff

Not a bad point.
Huntress could certainly be helpful during lock and load turns, so maybe yogg hunter will player her.

I'm planning on running just that. This - Kindly + Yogg or something.

ZHqxXoK.png

Yeah you don't need to play huntress on turn 3 to get value out of her. Just wait for a secret and play your companions/bows on curve.

Yep people are thinking about it a bit wrong.

It isn't a "you play 6 secrets MC style" and win card. It is a you play a 3/4 plus a secret at the same time for 3 mana, control the board while doing even more damage and then win with call of the wild card.

Hunter is already strong, this just makes it even less likely that you can stabilise.

greepoman

It isn't a "you play 6 secrets MC style" and win card. It is a you play a 3/4 plus a secret at the same time for 3 mana, control the board while doing even more damage and then win with call of the wild card.

Hunter is already strong, this just makes it even less likely that you can stabilise.

The problem is there is a 3rd condition besides having the huntress and a secret...you have to want to play the secret as well. You don't want to play a huntress into a bunch of 1 mana minions with freezing trap. So you say play your other drops instead...well you are less likely to have to other drops if you're putting 6 secrets in your deck.

If huntress is going to work I think you need to run it with like bear and cat trick since those are less conditional.

I dunno, the meta hasn't been nice to conditional 2 card combos...curve is king. It might be viable but I'm guessing the standard hunter without huntress will be better.

rickyson1

So here are the cards and when they are releasing:

Week 1
Prologue: Enchanted Raven, Firelands Portal
The Parlor: Cloaked Huntress, Ivory Knight, Priest of the Feast, Deadly Fork, Maelstrom Portal, Silverware Golem, Protect the King!, Arcane Anomaly, Moroes, Pantry Spider, Arcanosmith

Week 2
The Opera: Kindly Grandmother, Silvermoon Portal, Onyx Bishop, Swashburglar, Wicked Witchdoctor, Kara Kazham!, Pompous Thespian, Barnes, Moat Lurker, Arcane Giant

Week 3
The Menagerie: Menagerie Warden, Cat Trick, Babbling Book, Nightbane Templar, Purify, Fool's Bane, Runic Egg, Zoobot, Avian Watcher, Menagerie Magician, The Curator

Week 4
The Spire: Moonglade Portal, Medivh's Valet, Ethereal Peddler, Spirit Claws, Malchezaar's Imp, Ironforge Portal, Netherspite Historian, Violet Illusionist, Prince Malchezaar, Book Wyrm, Medivh, the Guardian

I like how they put more cards in the first week and put mostly class cards in it to get a card for all the classes out there right away

hope that becomes a thing for future adventures as well

zoukka

There's a short term for the card type: tempo. Something that hunter used to have :b

Should be all four wings, since Book Wyrm is in wing 4. I'm dieing to put more dragon cards in my Dragon Paladin deck.
Really dislike this way of a rollout just put all of it put there. Now the meta is gonna be in flux for 4 weeks all the while some decks teasing you with almost being there.

I wanted Medivh first...

bjaelke

I like how they put more cards in the first week and put mostly class cards in it to get a card for all the classes out there right away

hope that becomes a thing for future adventures as well

First week is the first wing and the prologue put together. That's why it has more cards.

rickyson1

First week is the first wing and the prologue put together. That's why it has more cards.

yeah I thought it was more than the others not even counting the prologue too but on second glance that isn't true

regardless i'm still glad they got a card for every class out there right away

Had an amazing game yesterday. It was a testament to the power of not giving up. I was trying out a new mage deck and I had run through all of my cards. I was at 1 HP and my next turn would hit me for fatigue.I was playing a priest so I was already in disbelief that I might lose. He had thrown out a card that switched healing to damage and he had his C'thune in play. I had a mage apprentice out and nothing else. I had spent all my spells taking him down to 8 health. I refuse to consed and end my turn. He tosses out the C'thune 'If C'thune has more than 10 attack then heal for 10 health' card and was shocked to see him take 10 damage to the face! Of all the things he could have done, including just ending his turn, he did the one move that killed himself.

I've never been so surprised by a play in my entire Hearthstone career. I'm taking it as a win.

Portugeezer

Secret Hunter with Lock and Load = Turn 5, Cloaked Huntress + Lock and Load + 2 or 3 secrets which could generate some more cards, possibly more free secrets...

... then everyone plays Secret Eater and Cloaked Huntress will die off. First couple weeks are going to see a lot of hard counters to the new cards, speaking of which, it is time to craft Harisson Jones.

bjaelke

Blizzard have announced their plans for gamescom next week.
Mark your calendar for 18:30 CEST on Tuesday, August 16, when we release a special preview video of what we’ll be showcasing at gamescom 2016, including some new game content.
We’ll also have some epic entertainment on the Blizzard stage, and a few surprises in store.
The Hearthstone tab only has one item at the moment:
Professional card-slingers and community personalities will battle it out in exciting Hearthstone showmatches on the Blizzard stage
But Thijs said that that we should be excited, so I expect something new (tournament mode, achievements, ui overhaul, profile update, saved replays
cardbacks
).
http://eu.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20216483/

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Mind sharing your deck list? I have been playing a lot of Yogg Hunter this week but not consistently winning in ranked.

2x Hunters mark
2x On the hunt
1x Tracking
1x Bear trap
2x explosive trap
1x frozen trap
1x Kings elekk
2x lock and load
2x quick shot
2x animal companion
2x deadly shot
2x eaglehorn bow
2x kill command
1x power shot
2x unleash the hounds
1x explosive shot
1x emperor
2x cotw
1x Yogg

Levi

Banned
Remember when you could target with Tink :3

Usually after your opponent plays C'thun that's the only minion on the board, so in that sense there's no bad outcome with Tinkmaster. Turning a 20/20 into a 5/5 and preventing Doomcaller from proccing is still a win/win.

Also, no, I don't remember that because I started in Jan 2015 long after Tink was nerfed.

wiibomb

Blizzard have announced their plans for gamescom next week.

The Hearthstone tab only has one item at the moment:

But Thijs said that that we should be excited, so I expect something new (tournament mode, achievements, ui overhaul, profile update, saved replays
cardbacks
).
http://eu.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20216483/

ok I'm not expecting anything at all, specially after the expansion is just releasing, but, realistically speaking, disregarding gamescom, is it too crazy to expect some kind of new game mode announced this year? play mode and tavern brawl are hardly enough.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
ok I'm not expecting anything at all, specially after the expansion is just releasing, but, realistically speaking, disregarding gamescom, is it too crazy to expect some kind of new game mode announced this year? play mode and tavern brawl are hardly enough.

I'm expecting their Blizzcon announcement to be details of the Arena rebalancing they've been talking about.

I do think they need more modes and features, but I suspect they won't roll those out until they feel they're happy with how the existing content works.

They've addressed the regular mode with rotating sets and ranked rewards, and they've addressed Adventures by giving out 45 cards, much more unique content, and a more accessible price. That leaves Arena as the prime target for polishing up.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
People play so nuts to try to avoid a freezing trap. Like not attacking with a totem golem for five turns while i kill all the other minions he plays.

Pooya

I think that amazon credit thing is a little busted, I have like 30 bucks across 3 dummy accounts. The thing is you can log in with any of them into hearthstone and buy stuff on your one battle net account. You obviously can't stack them but still, lol. I'm wondering if they will block this?

Levi

Banned
I don't want new modes; I want the existing ladder to be reworked.

Of course, if they add a compelling alternative to ladder with awards that are as least as good as chests + golden heroes, I'd be happy.

A tournament mode where I can queue up BO5s all day would be fun, as long as the rewards are there.

Xanathus

I'm expecting their Blizzcon announcement to be details of the Arena rebalancing they've been talking about.

I do think they need more modes and features, but I suspect they won't roll those out until they feel they're happy with how the existing content works.

They've addressed the regular mode with rotating sets and ranked rewards, and they've addressed Adventures by giving out 45 cards, much more unique content, and a more accessible price. That leaves Arena as the prime target for polishing up.

Realistically speaking they will just felate themselves over how amazing Old Gods is and how they were geniuses for bringing Standard (there's your whole new game mode!!!), and also you should buy their upcoming expansion Karazhan (coming August 16!!!) and you'll get a NEW CARDBACK if you buy all wings on week one (with real money)!

gutshot

I like that the new Brawl is an introduction to the Old Gods. Because that expansion definitely hasn't been out for 3 months already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom