• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
The ones that gets me is when they drop a card that goes completely against their deck design. I once lost to a guy playing zoo who played a twilight Drake as a 4/2. Kept waiting for handlock cards but nope just a zoo deck with a card designed for keeping cards in your hand lol.

It's the 16-20 rank weirdness. People who know how to play but have to use crappy filler cards because they don't have a collection, or people with golden heroes playing random crap because they don't know any better.

Stabilized and got a win streak to get myself out of there. Just throws you when they play something unexpected that would otherwise be bad. It was a Midrange Hunter that obviously didn't have Call of the Wild.

I play priest and paladin nearly exclusively and the state of the priest has actually made me stop playing. With no hope in site, anyone have any good games with a similar class?

Duelyst's Zir'an general (Lyonar faction) is basically Priest + Paladin combined. It's all buffs and healing, plus minions that get attack buffs whenever something is healed.

Unless you play Priest for the stealing aspect - that's Vetruvian faction (which still has buffs, but not a lot of healing).

ETqAXgj.jpg

Done, I don't have to worry for some new degenerate BS that created this month
Have you tried running Dreadsteed in this?

ekim

I just got into the game again after I played it shortly some years ago. What's the deal with golden cards other than looking fancy and giving more dust?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Decks for the EU Summer preliminary has been revealed. INER has made the mistake of not picking Warrior as one of his 4 decks. Thijs not running Yogg in his Druid deck - so he's probably going to win that tournament.

http://www.gosugamers.net/hearthsto...-europe-summer-preliminary-decklists-revealed

After Thjis gets hits by his 5th Pyroblast to the face, we'll see the dangers of not praising Yogg.

I just got into the game again after I played it shortly some years ago. What's the deal with golden cards other than looking fancy and giving more dust?
They're cosmetic.

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't think I've ever seen more than 4-5 golden decks over ~1000 or so matches, even at higher ranks/closing in on legend.

clav

Gold cards are for passive aggressively telling opponents how much money/time you have spent on the game.

Same thing with portraits.
Since the last couple of updates Hearthstone runs like shit on my PC. Anyone having similiar problems?
Recent updates cause the game to stall on the finding opponent screen.

Also still has a bug that pressing end turn when rope appears causes the animation to appear again.

Magnus

patchday

Man got shat on with 2 priest quests yesterday. Tried rerolling them but just got more priest. Was such an uphill climb completing them yesterday I really should just netdeck that class. Although I think I'm just running the normal douchy priest cards like Entomb and those cards that turns yer heals into damage.

Granted, all that said, it helped me understand Priest's blight even better. Need to try circle of healing + a card that turns it into damage that might be a fun nuke to mess with

patchday

hm, just rerolled this easy "Win 3 victories" quest (40g) into the Win 5 Tavern Brawls for 60g. oh well, I dont mind Tavern brawl much since it gives me a chance to use some legendaries that I still lack (like Yogg)

georly

We're getting Christmas Tree Hunter. It's going to be glorious.

still requires you to have all the secrets in hand though. I think average will be 1-2 secrets, but still, free secrets are nice.

I do wanna see some crazy plays where they have 4-5 in hand and also lock and load.

DSmalls84

still requires you to have all the secrets in hand though. I think average will be 1-2 secrets, but still, free secrets are nice.

I do wanna see some crazy plays where they have 4-5 in hand and also lock and load.

Definitely going to try a deck like this when Cat Trick gets released. Still not sure if the deck will be competitive but it should be fun to try out.

georly

Definitely going to try a deck like this when Cat Trick gets released. Still not sure if the deck will be competitive but it should be fun to try out.

It basically requires you to hold on to cards and do next to nothing for a while, so yeah, it won't be competitive at all but it sure will be fun.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'd love Xmas Hunter to be a thing, but the power and synergy of the Hunter secrets don't really lend to a game winning strategy and there's not enough draw power outside of Lock and Load.

I hope I'm wrong. Who doesn't want to win with one of these?
42195.gif

Dart

I don't think I've ever seen more than 4-5 golden decks over ~1000 or so matches, even at higher ranks/closing in on legend.

My priest deck is golden, most of class cards too... except... unfortunately can't get past rank 13 :/

& yeah my encounters with other golden decks is extremely rare, that I remember, I've only seen two and both were bad Mage decks at the beginning ranks

I don't had it :(

I believe you can replace montain giant for it doe lol
I was thinking Abusive Sergeant - I really want to give Hand/Renolock a shot.

I went back and played Zoolock for the first time in ages, and it was SO much stronger than any Hunter deck I've been running. It's like Hunter has no place in the game at all except to be less susceptible to Warrior clears.

We're getting Christmas Tree Hunter. It's going to be glorious.

I wish I could try it in Wild. :(

fertygo

Rather than secret pally I believe Crusher shaman is the secret tier 1 deck IMO

Pros starting to realize it
I was thinking Abusive Sergeant - I really want to give Hand/Renolock a shot.

Abusive is awesome at this renolock, enable BGH, Made bigger shadowflame, or just trade up. much more useful than kodo.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love Xmas Hunter to be a thing, but the power and synergy of the Hunter secrets don't really lend to a game winning strategy and there's not enough draw power outside of Lock and Load.

I hope I'm wrong. Who doesn't want to win with one of these?
42195.gif

The awesomeness of that art is more or less the only thing going for that card. Even the gold version of the Cat Trick card is pretty good.

Portugeezer

Yea. Going to try and run it in yogg and load. Doesn't hurt king's elek joust much either.

Yeah, the difficulty is making space for the new cards. I am thinking because of Cloaked Huntress I might take out Emperor, which gives Medivh a chance in the joust.

Then... then we party in Karazhan!

Kibler - "...and you're playing Control Priest, because I'm always playing Control Priest, 'cause I have a problem."

You and me both, but my problem is Shadow Form.

Also, the real sleeper hit is going to be Medivh into Captain Greenskin for that extra spell summoned minion!

Dahbomb

Giant is gud, its play like normal reno most of time anyway, so turn 4-5 giant not really rare

Well I don't have chillmaw lol, but healbot came early and overstatted while maw is understatted so its better anyway
Chillmaw has taunt and when it comes back from Nzoth which is a huge deal. Plus a lot of players online play around Chillmaw as if you are holding a dragon which means some bad plays. Sometimes that does activate because of Twilight Drake.

rahji

just watched a video on youtube where streamers buy the wrong packs at gvg release. was a good laugh. so stupid, haha.

Yogg Mage is so random.

Servant uses Hex on Imp Gang Boss with Rampage (from Spellslinger)
Spellslinger gives me Lightning Storm and Sacred Trial against Zoolock
Arcane Missiles avoids tokens and hits face 3 times.
Fireball a Sea Giant and Flamewaker procs finishes it off.
Cabalist Tome gives me Frost Nova to prevent lethal.

Yogg Mage is so random.

Servant uses Hex on Imp Gang Boss with Rampage (from Spellslinger)
Spellslinger gives me Lightning Storm and Sacred Trial against Zoolock
Arcane Missiles avoids tokens and hits face 3 times.
Fireball a Sea Giant and Flamewaker procs finishes it off.
Cabalist Tome gives me Frost Nova to prevent lethal.

Yogg mage doesn't run servant though. That card just isn't good enough.

Camjo-Z

Wow, I just started playing Hearthstone again yesterday, and today I'm like "man I wonder when the next adventure is coming out?" I look it up and it's... right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom