• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Brawl gave me Mountain Giant tho I guess this card is insta-dust? Cant imagine how it could be useful

I run one in my hand/renoLock. Usually cast it for 4-5mana. I could actually see throwing it into my control priest or rogue actually, since they always seem to have full hands too. Hmmm...

clav

Yeah I thought that would be too absurdly powerful. Hence the edits.

The "Can't Target" mechanic always seemed interesting in Arena.

clav

True since you probably want to heal it. Only can use battlecry minions or circle of healing.

Hm.

I always like how these minions can dodge spells.

I suppose stealth is something that is in between, but that is a Rogue feature.

Well, why not? Rogue is getting Priest things with card stealing.

patchday

did reddit datamine which cards will be in the 1st wing? Man feels like tomorrow is like Christmas and I'm a kid all over again (almost). I want that new warlock imp card

KuroNeeko

I play priest and paladin nearly exclusively and the state of the priest has actually made me stop playing. With no hope in site, anyone have any good games with a similar class?

Shadowverse is a game similar to Hearthstone, but made by a Japanese dev.

Game is getting an Arena mode next Monday.

The Bishop class is pretty close to Anduin but with less stealing.

Asbel

So I evolved into a Garrison Commander and Palestress.. that was a pleasant surprise since I got to activate her right away.

Used Brawl to test out all the decks and lost as three classes. Guess which!
Priest, Shaman and Rogue

clav

Bought some classic packs with the $10 Amazon credit. Was thinking about a portrait but Khadgar isn't available.

kvXBjOK.png

Too bad CotW is a better card these days.

gutshot

did reddit datamine which cards will be in the 1st wing? Man feels like tomorrow is like Christmas and I'm a kid all over again (almost). I want that new warlock imp card

You don't even need to data mine that. Viewing the card in the Collection Manager tells you what wing it comes from. I went through them all and compiled this list yesterday. Unfortunately you gotta wait until the last wing for the Imp. 😕

So here are the cards and when they are releasing:

Week 1
Prologue: Enchanted Raven, Firelands Portal
The Parlor: Cloaked Huntress, Ivory Knight, Priest of the Feast, Deadly Fork, Maelstrom Portal, Silverware Golem, Protect the King!, Arcane Anomaly, Moroes, Pantry Spider, Arcanosmith

Week 2
The Opera: Kindly Grandmother, Silvermoon Portal, Onyx Bishop, Swashburglar, Wicked Witchdoctor, Kara Kazham!, Pompous Thespian, Barnes, Moat Lurker, Arcane Giant

Week 3
The Menagerie: Menagerie Warden, Cat Trick, Babbling Book, Nightbane Templar, Purify, Fool's Bane, Runic Egg, Zoobot, Avian Watcher, Menagerie Magician, The Curator

Week 4
The Spire: Moonglade Portal, Medivh's Valet, Ethereal Peddler, Spirit Claws, Malchezaar's Imp, Ironforge Portal, Netherspite Historian, Violet Illusionist, Prince Malchezaar, Book Wyrm, Medivh, the Guardian

patchday

You don't even need to data mine that. Viewing the card in the Collection Manager tells you what wing it comes from. I went through them all and compiled this list yesterday. Unfortunately you gotta wait until the last wing for the Imp. 😕

oh noes they saving the best for last! Thanks

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Week one cards are so boring. Guess they can't let F2P players get away with only buying the first wing like in BRM.

gonna mess with priest, knight, and maybe arcane anomaly. Sad that the real dragon cards aren't till week 4, but thankfully I have enough gold saved for the whole adventure

fertygo

I lose 2 Game against C'thun Warrior, 1 against Control Warrior, and 1 against Aggro Shaman in a row and due I'm playing like shit :(

I shouldn't lose to against any variant of slow warrior with my renolock, I lose to shaman despite reno'd to 30 and stabilizing with opponent run out of card, he reach lethal because I keep tapping after that reno turn :(

feel bad when you had streak of shit play

Dahbomb

I lose 2 Game against C'thun Warrior, 1 against Control Warrior, and 1 against Aggro Shaman in a row and due I'm playing like shit :(

I shouldn't lose to against any variant of slow warrior with my renolock, I lose to shaman despite reno'd to 30 and stabilizing with opponent run out of card, he reach lethal because I keep tapping after that reno turn :(

feel bad when you had streak of shit play
Get punished for playing Renolock son.

fertygo

I feel my Renolock list is pretty good tho, I cut expensive card like Rag and Kodo to lower the curve, its not like I lacking late game with N'zoth and Jaraxxus

its doing well against Dragon Warrior and Midrange Hunter in my climb, and if I'm not shitting the bed this deck shouldn't lose to control deck.

but I guess.. below rank 5 player bois.. once I reach rank 5 the winrate gonna sub 40%, always like that.

the feels when you lose to like the worst reno shaman list b/c priest cant do shit if they dont draw right. Honestly im going to be glad when I remove that PoS card shifting shade for priest of the feast. god damn is that 4 drop just ass right now

jgminto

I feel my Renolock list is pretty good tho, I cut expensive card like Rag and Kodo to lower the curve, its not like I lacking late game with N'zoth and Jaraxxus

its doing well against Dragon Warrior and Midrange Hunter in my climb, and if I'm not shitting the bed this deck shouldn't lose to control deck.

but I guess.. below rank 5 player bois.. once I reach rank 5 the winrate gonna sub 40%, always like that.
What's your Renolock list? Been quite a while since I've played non-Zoo Warlock.

fertygo

Nice MIdrange Nzoth Warlock.

Why even have Mountain Giant in there?

Real talk though I would swap out Corrupted Healbot for Chillmaw.

Giant is gud, its play like normal reno most of time anyway, so turn 4-5 giant not really rare

Well I don't have chillmaw lol, but healbot came early and overstatted while maw is understatted so its better anyway

Sheroking

I dropped Mountain Giant out of my Renolock in favor of Bog Creeper.

There are just games where you get the Giant in your opening hand and CAN'T tap into a turn 4 giant because chargers are dinging you in the face, you haven't found Reno yet and you need to play proactively to not die. It's the same reason I'll often mulligan Twilight Drake against Warriors and Shamans, because I think you have to assume they're playing aggro and you might die doing nothing until turn 5.

If they aren't playing aggro, I'll have time to tap into those cards. If they are, I need answers like Shadow Bolt or Hellfire. Not to mention Reno.

CoolOff

Man, Reynad on Value Town yesterday really hyped me on Arcane Giant + Blood Warrior. A really grindy deck that just keeps dropping 8/8s on you.

Also, Christmas Tree Hunter is totally gonna be a thing.

greepoman

Lost to a deck running Fossilized Devilsaur

Damn I'm trash

The ones that gets me is when they drop a card that goes completely against their deck design. I once lost to a guy playing zoo who played a twilight Drake as a 4/2. Kept waiting for handlock cards but nope just a zoo deck with a card designed for keeping cards in your hand lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom