• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Naxx out

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I really want to try out Cat Trick in a normal midrange hunter deck. A strict 2 mana 4/2 stealth would be insane, and people do play a lot of spells. It also really fits into midrange Hunter's whole thing about always having a board presence, since an aoe board clear still leaves you with a 4/2 at least.

It all depends on how easy it is to punish. Only real example we have of something that triggers on all spells is counterspell, but that's a very different thing in a very different class. Counterspell is 3 mana and gets hard countered by the coin, Cat Trick is a 2 mana spell that would most of the time love to see the coin, unless it's seen right before an AoE.

Both get countered by just playing minions instead of spells, but I don't know if most classes can keep up with Hunter's on the minion game if they're not allowed to use spells.

It's also nice that hunter secrets are fairly difficult to play around as is between freezing/explosive/snake/bear. Used to be spells were the only way to be completely safe from triggering anything, but not so much now.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Prologue mission is great, wish that 2/4 that shuffles all spells you have this turn into deck was real, epic card

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Not up in EU yet. -_-

Most of those cards were more exciting than the actual mage cards we've gotten!

Genuinely were, they make the best brawls too where they just give you a load of cool shit to experiment with, i suppose it shows where their minds are going forward, would love to see some of those in the next set.

Malice215

NAXX Out and I'm at work for the next 8 hours. :-(

hm, just rerolled this easy "Win 3 victories" quest (40g) into the Win 5 Tavern Brawls for 60g. oh well, I dont mind Tavern brawl much since it gives me a chance to use some legendaries that I still lack (like Yogg)

I got the opposite this morning. This tavern brawl takes too long for me grind out quests.

ZeroX03

Banned
Prologue is fun. Bought first wing with gold, will buy second with gold and should be able to get the last two with the free Amazon credit if my math is correct.

Owzers

Best pack so far, two legendaries, second King mukla and my first Edwin. Still no golden legendary...but this is a start after more than a year.

Owzers

having trouble getting pass the prologue ;(
It's the 0 cost spells, +5 Magic power, put 5 secrets into play, draw card power, and +5 mana for a turn that really swing things.

If you buy each wing separately this week with gold do you get the card back, or is that only for the $20 purchase?

ZeroX03

Banned
Don't be afraid to take a few hits to build a hand. You can very quickly cast a bunch of spells for free, with huge spell damage and give yourself armor and secrets to stay alive.

Levi

Banned
http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-13/

Last Data Reaper before Kara hopefully shakes up the meta.

I found it interesting that control is 16.23% of the meta (a third of that being C'thun Warrior), and my favorite deck is now Tier 4 (aka Priest tier).

Still, my tier 4 Control Warrior has a 65% win rate this season and my Dragon Warrior is 51%, so there's a lot to be said for playing a low tier well vs. trying to play a Tier One deck that clashes with your play style.

Another tier one deck I tried to play, Midrange Hunter, has a zero percent win rate over 5 games. Lol. Was trying to target Warrior and didn't see a single one.

patchday

Got past prologue right after I posted. Just had to hang in there and not concede. He got me down to 7 health. Then I played two of those guys that dupe your spells. I somehow kept them alive for a crazy long time. Had a plethora of dupes in my deck and wasted that demon.

That was the best quest I've ever seen (keep in mind I only played through BM & LoE)

It's the 0 cost spells, +5 Magic power, put 5 secrets into play, draw card power, and +5 mana for a turn that really swing things.

If you buy each wing separately this week with gold do you get the card back, or is that only for the $20 purchase?

no idea sorry. I purchased all the wings straight up. I'm that 10% of paying populace that makes it free for the rest I guess :)

Pooya

If you play as Medivh, Moroes comments on your "costume", you're not the real deal it seems.

I'm just looking at these cards and I'm like eh, I don't even want to play them.

Priest challenge deck has Barnes in it and his intro is so cool.

Levi

Banned
Everyone wants to know WTF Blizzard is thinking when they created Purify.

Blizzard literally builds the deck and lets you play it in the Class Challenge in Kara.

Cue community whining that they have to play with the card.

So predictable.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So for this 10$ hayday promo do i need an android device/emulator?

to use it on hearthstone, yes

you have to get the credit, then download hearthstone THROUGH THE AMAZON APP STORE so your in-game purchases go through them. Once the credit is in your account (it can take a while, so make sure it's there before you purchase), it is automatically applied to the purchase you make through that amazon app version of the hearthstone store.

Man, doing Malchezaar on heroic. Thought I was screwed until I top decked one of the copy spell minions with like 5 cards left. Was somehow able to ride it out to victory. 16 damage Fireballs sure help.

Type2

to use it on hearthstone, yes

you have to get the credit, then download hearthstone THROUGH THE AMAZON APP STORE so your in-game purchases go through them. Once the credit is in your account (it can take a while, so make sure it's there before you purchase), it is automatically applied to the purchase you make through that amazon app version of the hearthstone store.
Thanks, time to jump through some hoops and maybe wait 48 hours! Prologue was fun and an easy heroic.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Everyone wants to know WTF Blizzard is thinking when they created Purify.

Blizzard literally builds the deck and lets you play it in the Class Challenge in Kara.

Cue community whining that they have to play with the card.

So predictable.
it's a good way to show how awful the deck is

i'm playing right now, and I've got three minions on the board that need silencing (thanks to barnes also pulling one out, thanks bro), and it has gotten to turn 10 and none of them have done SHIT all game, because they're useless if you don't also pull out one of your silence cards. I can FINALLY get SOME use out of them because I just pulled defender of argus, but if I was playing a person or AI with real minions instead of this plate bullshit, I would have been dead already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom