• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

danowat

Banned
You swap 1 Polymorph for 1 Arcane Blast

That I am onboard with, I think I'll do that ASAP, thanks.

and probably 2 Twilight Elders for 2 Flamewakers.

That I am not so onboard with, from my (admittedly simplistic) viewpoint, the Twilight elder has a the benefit of buffing my Chtun, and also, from the games I've played, it almost works like a taunt, as much of the time the opponent will focus on getting rid of it as soon as possible (which I understand negates much of the cards Chtun buffing benefit if they clear it quickly)

Tacitus_

That I am not so onboard with, from my (admittedly simplistic) viewpoint, the Twilight elder has a the benefit of buffing my Chtun, and also, from the games I've played, it almost works like a taunt, as much of the time the opponent will focus on getting rid of it as soon as possible (which I understand negates much of the cards Chtun buffing benefit if they clear it quickly)

Flamewaker is nuts. If you want to compare it to the Elder, the Elder will add 1 damage to your Cthuns battlecry each turn it lives. A Flamewaker will immediately do 2 damage when you play a spell. You can play 4+ spells with some setup while dropping Flamewaker from hand, so that's 8 damage right off the bat. The Elder would need to live 8 turns to add that much damage.

ekim

So how the fuck do I win the heoric Medivh vs. Malchezaar match? Before I can even play AoE cards I'm down half my HP.

edit: or I'm out of cards -.-

edit: Finally won... whew

danowat

Banned
Flamewaker is nuts. If you want to compare it to the Elder, the Elder will add 1 damage to your Cthuns battlecry each turn it lives. A Flamewaker will immediately do 2 damage when you play a spell. You can play 4+ spells with some setup while dropping Flamewaker from hand, so that's 8 damage right off the bat. The Elder would need to live 8 turns to add that much damage.

Thanks, I'll give it some thought,I really want to push for rank 15 now!

Pooya

I coined Cloaked Huntress, played my hand of 3 secrets...I won. Seemsgood.

I'm wondering if it's correct to keep the huntress, I think yes. It seems like a very inconsistent game plan but it could be pretty good. I want that new secret right now.

ZeroX03

Banned
Welcome to Magena.

I'm currently 0-2

First opponent innervate/coined into an insane combo on turn 2 then played Dr Boom on 7.

Second opponent played Renolock.

Mage what now

E: 0-3 final opponent, I froze their field, then they played that stupid minion that silences his own field. Then 9 he drops Ysera.

I just passed my season high from last season, playing this stupid deck. I’ll take it I guess. Seems like when I just use stupid stuff it works better than the meta decks I was trying before.

patchday

rsIAZHp.png

I picked this up from some streamer and it's been doing work. I don't think it's optimized yet but it's a pretty dang good Tempo Mage build.

I'm curious what other new cards might make the cut as future wings are released.

Yeah that looks really good. This deck is mine atm but the one you posted looks better optimized

Ladekabel

Kinda want to play some Token Druid for quest. Problem is, I have several cards missing. Especially the legendaries. I'm missing Fandral, Cenarius and Yogg though I saw some versions cutting the latter. Is there a way to replace them?

Should I chose Moroes for my Zoo-Lock? Wonder what I should drop for it. Possibly one Dark Peddler-.

I wouldn't. Zoo already has Imp Gang Boss and Councilman for its 3 drops and Forbidden Ritual is a much better token generator. Dark Peddler is great because it can pull a third Power Overwhelming or Abusive Sargent. Moroes is too slow for Zoo.

Kinda want to play some Token Druid for quest. Problem is, I have several cards missing. Especially the legendaries. I'm missing Fandral, Cenarius and Yogg though I saw some versions cutting the latter. Is there a way to replace them?

I just pulled a golden Fandral yesterday. That's my second ever golden legendary. The first was Cenarius, so I feel like I have to make a Token Druid deck now.

Levi

Banned
Fuck priest.

Thought steals twice. Gets Ivory Knight, Tirion, and two Nzoths.

Plays three Tirions before i even play one.

Nerf Priest.

Levi

Banned

Can't cut Fandral. The latter two are replaceable, Fandral isn't.

patchday

Lol this poor Warrior just now must be so salty! I casted Yogg and it casted 'gang up' giving me 3 additional Yoggs. So I just kept casting Yogg back-to-back til Warrior concedes

Levi

Banned
Please tell me you're playing the Murloc version.

fxZDetb.png

Nope, playing this janky list. Bran + Arcanosmith and/ or Bran + Ivory Knight is super fun and GG against a lot of aggressively-minded decks. Zoo and Midrange Hunter are cry, slower Warrior decks are cry, enough Board clears that Token Druid can't get much going if you draw your clears on time, even made a Midrange Shaman concede when he was top decking and I was at full health with a big board,

I've lost to a Hybrid Hunter because I didn't draw any taunts or healing and he rushed me down, I lost to Control Priest because that deck is OP pls nerf, I lost to C'thun Renolock because he was able to Brann+C'thun and burst me down from 28, and I lost to a secret Paladin because I thought he was playing Control Paladin and I played the match up all wrong.

Overall I'm 9-4, which I think is damn good.

It's probably not a tier one or even a tier two deck, but it has some really good match ups and it's fun to pilot.

patchday

wow Brann+CThun never seen that combo. It's not a bad idea.

Man was having so much fun with Tempo mage I was tempted to stay home from work. Yogg is just extra icing. so glad that card finally dropped last week. Didnt even try Mage in ranked before

Levi

Banned
Since I'm beating all the tempo, midrange and aggro decks of course I'm going to face 4 Greedier control decks in a row and derank. In a meta where no one plays control.

And of course as soon as I switch decks I face midrange shaman.

Since I'm beating all the tempo, midrange and aggro decks of course I'm going to face 4 Greedier control decks in a row and derank. In a meta where no one plays control.

And of course as soon as I switch decks I face midrange shaman.
On the other hand: who are these people that get the lucky matchup against you?

That moment when we all discover every ranked opponent is in fact AI.

Levi

Banned
On the other hand: who are these people that get the lucky matchup against you?

That moment when we all discover every ranked opponent is in fact AI.

They were losing, so they get a freebie. I was winning, so I get punished.

Or its random variance and I'm not noticing the favorable match ups when I get them. One or the other.

I probably shouldn't have dusted Yogg-Saron during launch.

Seems like a lot of control / spell based decks use it as a finisher / YOLO defense attempt.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I got so frustrated with Dragon Warrior, I decided to play it in order to figure out its weaknesses that way.

Went 12-5 for a 71% win rate to rank 5. Lost to two C'thun Warriors, a Control Paladin, a Discard Warlock where I didn't have anything to play until 4 mana, and another Dragon Warrior.

So as far as I can tell, only way to beat it is with a deck that can kinda keep up with tempo before burst healing to stabilize, and good draws to go with it. Most reno decks probably don't have enough removal and tempo to work.

I guess I'll try it some more after work, but that deck seems way too strong.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
When did Reno lock become the most common deck on the ladder?!?

Someone must have been playing it well in a tournament or something. I haven't seen that deck on ladder in a while, but I didn't play much this weekend.

Pooya

yogg saron is a better deathwing for control decks. When it was announced, I tested that simulator and I was convinced it's going to be pretty good more often than not.

honestly I'm not sure why people are upset it wins tournaments and such now, if you're playing a 10 mana 7/5 and build your deck around it kind of, it better do something significant. I was salty at first too but I think it's fine, it's not like it's an auto include in every deck plus rng that Dr. Boom was. It's a TEN mana card, it better win games sometimes.

DSmalls84

I really need to craft Bloodmage at some point. That is pretty much the only card I need for most of the Mage decks I see posted. It's just hard to save the dust for such an unexciting legendary lol.

Mulgrok

Dragon Paladin has been doing OK with the addition of Ivory Knight. Gives a much needed heal with body that helps against face decks.

EDIT: Ivory Knight discovering seal of champions has won me several games.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
yogg saron is a better deathwing for control decks. When it was announced, I tested that simulator and I was convinced it's going to be pretty good more often than not.

honestly I'm not sure why people are upset it wins tournaments and such now, if you're playing a 10 mana 7/5 and build your deck around it kind of, it better do something significant. I was salty at first too but I think it's fine, it's not like it's an auto include in every deck plus rng that Dr. Boom was. It's a TEN mana card, it better win games sometimes.

Exactly. It's like complaining that you lost to someone playing N'Zoth. Well no duh you did. The 10 mana card revived half their deck. Of course you lost. Same deal with Yogg. It just played 15 spells. No doubt you lost. That was the win condition.

I never get mad a Yogg player. They tuned their deck (in theory) to give them Maximum spells and that was a choice. If the win, they 420 NoScope Praised it harder than I did.

Yogg is great.

Tacitus_

Exactly. It's like complaining that you lost to someone playing N'Zoth. Well no duh you did. The 10 mana card revived half their deck. Of course you lost. Same deal with Yogg. It just played 15 spells. No doubt you lost. That was the win condition.

I never get mad a Yogg player. They tuned their deck (in theory) to give them Maximum spells and that was a choice. If the win, they 420 NoScope Praised it harder than I did.

Yogg is great.

But it's raaaaandom. Playing a 10 mana bomb that helps you on average bad, playing a 10 mana bomb that helps you in the same way every time, good.

Bleh.

Also, can someone tell me why I need to have an internet connection to play the Solo Adventures?

Was hoping to bang out the Heroic wings while at work since I work in a field office, but c'mon. Losing a game against the CPU because it lost internet connection is a bit BS.

Also don't tell me it's for security / hacking reasons cause we already have Disguised Toast.

patchday

Yeah Yogg is simply another weapon in my arsenal and opens up more deck options for me. Previously, only decks I played to climb was Zoo , mid range hunter/shaman

Now I can add tempo mage and integrate that into my climbs

I probably shouldn't have dusted Yogg-Saron during launch.

Seems like a lot of control / spell based decks use it as a finisher / YOLO defense attempt.

oh noes Blizz revive Yogg for my good man here ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom