• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Hallazeal IS strong. Issue is that control Shaman isn't.

Same reason why Varian saw no play until now. Card itself is strong but back then Midrange style Warrior decks weren't used so it didn't see play.

Now Chogall... that card will always be bad.

fertygo

Hellazeal sometime pop-up in weird streamer deck and as individual card he always impresses

definitely not Anomalous or Volasz tier

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Meh, bought 20 classic packs but didn't get a legendary. Did get 2 extra Doomhammers though.

Save'em. Doomhammers guaranteed getting nerfed.

Dahbomb

Cho'gall just doesn't make any sense.
It makes sense if Warlock got amazing high cost spell cards but they didn't...

They got Doom instead...

Warlock needs quite a few more cards like Siphon Soul or Shadowflame for Chogall to see play.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It makes sense if Warlock got amazing high cost spell cards but they didn't...

They got Doom instead...

Warlock needs quite a few more cards like Siphon Soul or Shadowflame for Chogall to see play.

Even then. A battlecry for the effect? Really? For a single spell?

Warlock need sacrificial removal card

so forbiden ritual can be useful for slower lock too

That's basically what Power Overwhelming and Shadowflame are. If they had a third card that straight up removed a minion when you sacrificed a friendly minion, then it would have really strong synergy with Power Overwhelming since you could PO a 1/1, kill a minion, and then sacrifice a minion that is already marked for death anyway.

Dahbomb

Played some Wild with my Renolock...

Man Shredder is such a garbage card. Cleared this Hunter's minions except Shredder which popped Mana Addict... next turn the Hunter OTK'd me with a bunch of spells and Mana Addict.

squidyj

Went of a 5 game win streak playing C'thun druid at low standard.

It was nice to finish that quest so fast.

What do you guys think the next expansion will be assuming it keeps the old god theme of the year?

I think we will be getting a pandaria adventure.
brewmasters everywhere :p

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Just opened an Edwin van Cleef. I have zero wins with rogue. I know it's weak right now, but it still might be fun. I'm low on dust though so i probably still can't build a workable rogue, but might look into it now.

bunbun777

Ozumat is the patron of all krakens, so it'd be nice to see him, maybe as the boss of the next expansion? I'd love to see more pirates and of course treasure.

LOL @ the day9 section. I loved how he tried playing so fast that he didn't even notice it til way after. What a huge fk up. I don't even care if people want to blame blizzard, because ultimately he didn't even take the second to check to ensure the right card being played.

It happened to kibler as well. https://youtu.be/sf8e2jXstOk?t=1124 And you can see it is a bug or some weird interaction there since Kibler is actually dragging swp

Fishlake

I think we will be getting a pandaria adventure.
brewmasters everywhere :p
I hope they give brewmasters some healing effects. Like return a minion to your hand and heal its attack in health or something that does not return cards.

I probably should DE that golden Chogall... but I don't want to.
Chogall has an effect so powerful that they limited him so much that he is useless. I feel like it being the next spell you cast would have been so much more viable.
I have a normal Chogall but I'm holding on to him for the time being because I know these effects become broken extremely fast.

Holy shit, I am so glad people are letting me know that is a bug. That has happened SO many times to me in the last few months. So many goddamn games lost over a bug.

Well, it certainly looks like a bug. Just don't be like day9, acting like this is a game you get extra points for from speed plays.
I watched the Kibler video a good 5 times, and it's definitely a bug. I've been going slower and double-checking myself because I thought I was screwing up anyway. Now I know I have to be slow.

I really want a major Hearthstone tournament to feature this bug in a crushing way.

Mulgrok

That card swapped when played bug must be something new, because I did not experience it until recently.

EDIT: I selected a card and it played the one 2 places over from it... wtf

Has anyone tried that Questing Adventurer Miracle Rogue deck?

I'm at 1200 dust, so my decision on my next legendary is coming up soon. I crafted Bloodmage Thalnos previously because he was the next step in making Miracle Rogue, but he's also the last piece for my Freeze Mage deck (and I am glad I crafted him, because he is wonderful).

But now Miracle Rogue is becoming weaker and weaker in this meta, so I'm not sure if I should finish crafting Edwin. I am thinking about crafting Dr. Boom instead for continuing to play Wild, and then I can work toward either N'Zoth Priest or Secret Paladin for Wild ladder climbing ease.

Thoughts?

Edit: I'm on PC, Mango.

I'm at 1200 dust, so my decision on my next legendary is coming up soon. I crafted Bloodmage Thalnos previously because he was the next step in making Miracle Rogue, but he's also the last piece for my Freeze Mage deck (and I am glad I crafted him, because he is wonderful).

But now Miracle Rogue is becoming weaker and weaker in this meta, so I'm not sure if I should finish crafting Edwin. I am thinking about crafting Dr. Boom instead for continuing to play Wild, and then I can work toward either N'Zoth Priest or Secret Paladin for Wild ladder climbing ease.

Thoughts?

I've seen dog play and it's funny but most likely gets owned by aggro. If you're just gonna play wild then yea get boom

Is there any excuse to stick a gladiator's longbow in a hunter deck? It seems so overcosted.
I think it's really good. You can take out big minions like Highmanes and Sylvannas without taking damage, and at that point in the game Hunters have to be careful of being bursted by other classes.

Also, you can go double face with it for 10 damage. :-D

Thoughts?

Dr Boom continues to be fantastic. It seems even moreso since the expansion came out and the standard and wild separation.

I love Edwin in wild, but I'm struggling with him in standard.

I've wanted to craft Bloodmage Thalnos for so long, maybe it's finally time to do so, but I still want Malygos.

I do have enough for two legendaries though. But damn there's quite a few I want and some epics I still want. Faceless Manipulator being one of them.

Dr Boom continues to be fantastic. It seems even moreso since the expansion came out and the standard and wild separation.

I love Edwin in wild, but I'm struggling with him in standard.

I've wanted to craft Bloodmage Thalnos for so long, maybe it's finally time to do so, but I still want Malygos.

I do have enough for two legendaries though. But damn there's quite a few I want and some epics I still want. Faceless Manipulator being one of them.
Thanks for the info!

In at least 150 packs, I haven't gotten one Preparation or Arcane Blast. :p

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Cho'gall just doesn't make any sense.

I'd love to play Cho'gall in wild for a classic handlock deck where it makes some sense when you double up your best spells and want to get to a lower health quickly.

Too bad they had to nerf it instead of just making all or parts of the classic set rotate out of standard. Also too bad they can't actually balance nerfed cards instead of outright destroying them.

play low ranked w/ priest. now those are ez games. Best is playing control mirrors where the other guy draws like 8 cards throughout the match for no reason
I don't think I could ever play a full-blown Control Priest just for this reason. I love drawing cards. Even when I'm in Warrior mirrors, I think "Okay, I'll just use Battle Rage to draw these 5 cards and overwhelm him". I'm always wrong and die to fatigue, but that doesn't stop me from making the mistake again! :p

Dahbomb

If you are playing Tempo Warrior vs other Warriors then it's fine to draw cards because you will play out your hand fast and overwhelm them/finish the game before fatigue is a factor. If fatigue was a factor when you were playing Tempo Warrior then you got out controlled.

In control match ups that aren't based around Handlock, the person who needs to draw the least wins. When Handlock is in the equation, it just becomes a matter of Jaraxxus.

I say "need" because even in control matches you have to present threats just to see what they have. While it's rare, sometimes in a control match up the other person ends up having a brick hand and your big monsters ends up getting too much value that it gains them incremental advantage in the final stage of the game.

fertygo

I don't think I could ever play a full-blown Control Priest just for this reason. I love drawing cards. Even when I'm in Warrior mirrors, I think "Okay, I'll just use Battle Rage to draw these 5 cards and overwhelm him". I'm always wrong and die to fatigue, but that doesn't stop me from making the mistake again! :p

eh the only win condition vs control warrior as tempo is good battle rage, and use the card for quick brawl and recharge again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom