• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
So first you use up two durability of the Death's Bite to clip Highmane, then spend a card on it to clear the 6/5 body (execute) and THEN play a board clear to clear (another card, Geddon/Brawl) to clear the 2/2s...

Terrible answer right there.
Think.

I'm not blowing two durability on the Death's Bite to clip Highmane. I'm using it once earlier in the game, and then saving the second hit for Highmane, and I'm almost always taking something else out with that hit. It's a great use of the weapon.

I didn't say to play a board clear to wipe the 2/2s. I said that I use "board to clear" the 2/2s, as in I trade minions in.
Plus, as YOU know, the only Warrior I've ever played is Grim Patron, so 2/2s are wonderful food.

Go to bed Dahbomb, you are tired.

Dahbomb

That still requires you to have Death's Bite set up BEFOREHAND along with minions set up on the board before Highmane drops too (again, that's cards needed to be played before hand).

Two cards set up beforehand plus an Execute to deal with a single Highmane.

Best Warrior answer is Shield Slam own Sylvanas to steal Highmane. Only way you come out ahead.

That still requires you to have Death's Bite set up BEFOREHAND along with minions set up on the board before Highmane drops too (again, that's cards needed to be played before hand).

Two cards set up beforehand plus an Execute to deal with a single Highmane.

Best Warrior answer is Shield Slam own Sylvanas to steal Highmane. Only way you come out ahead.
Except I am Grim Patron, so I don't run Sylvannas.

It's turn 6, so yeah, I can have stuff set up - nothing wrong with that.

I mainly play Yogg for the card draw. Closing in on 500 Yogg games.

Yeah, yogg for card draws is the most consistent thing you can count on. I just had an 11 spell yogg cast cabalist's tome, ball of spiders, and that shaman 2 draw spell. Ball of spiders didn't matter since my hand was full when he aoe'd them. Still pretty good to get after the board was reset from twisting nether.

It's also pretty good for board clears since a lot of damage spells and AOEs always target opponent minions/side. Sometimes you get doom or twisting nether.

Dahbomb

As if the Hunter player is just going to let you set up with minions and weapons without having his own stuff on board for you to also deal with. Hunter in Wild is full on Deathrattle, very hard to remove his stuff. Highmane is just one aspect of it. Hunter is usually the aggressor in the match up.

If you put up 3 cards vs 1 card then you also have to put up 2 additional cards of Hunter on the field to have an actual comparison. What if he has Freezing Trap set up with a Bow? Can't attack your minion into the 2/2. What if there's a Misha on the board or a Belcher from a turn earlier? What if he has deathrattles on the board that become more powerful if you set off the WW effect? You use up Execute to kill the Highmane, then they play Dr Boom next turn (since this is Wild, Hunter definitely will have Dr Boom).

fertygo

I

Highmane is like...the only good Hunter card outside of CotW...

If you're preparing for it, you can make the Hunter take a noteworthy tempo loss, too.

There's reason why these hunter is worst matchup to all those warrior deck you know..

you need perfect situation and hand to handle one highmane with class that not had clean silence removal

69316852.jpg

Sponsored by our lord Yogg-Saron.

NBtoaster

Yeah, yogg for card draws is the most consistent thing you can count on. I just had an 11 spell yogg cast cabalist's tome, ball of spiders, and that shaman 2 draw spell. Ball of spiders didn't matter since my hand was full when he aoe'd them. Still pretty good to get after the board was reset from twisting nether.

It's also pretty good for board clears since a lot of damage spells and AOEs always target opponent minions/side. Sometimes you get doom or twisting nether.

Yeah Yogg is often a Deathwing that fills your hand instead of discarding it.

ZeroX03

Banned
Just lost to a garbage all-spell Hunter deck that Yogg Saron'd an Ice Block. What I'd give for a set with no random effects.

jgminto

Wish it was easier to find wild decks. I want to compare N'Zoth Priest decklists, I had forgotten just how many card options Priest had pre-standard. I also want to try out Forbidden Shaping since I just opened it.

Tacitus_

Got a 2nd Jaraxxus from a pack. Oh well. Dusted it and crafted Harrison instead. Now just Bloodmage left for general legendaries.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
http://www.heartharena.com/overwolf

anyone tried this app? I think it is stupidly useful, makes playing in arena much more convenient. Does anyone know if I get banned for this from blizzard? some players use similar tools on streams, so i guess it is ok.

You won't get banned. As far as I'm aware the only tool that can get you banned in Hearthstone is botting.

Got Princess Huhuran from a pack. Should I keep it or dust it? Haven't seen it used in any decks.

She's not used in any popular decks right this moment but she's not a bad card. Keep her. She might be useful later.

Levi

Banned
5 losses in a row this morning.

My opponent is losing next turn? Top deck Yogg.

I pick Mage, I face a Cthun Warrior who plays Shield block on three which is strictly wrong but draws perfectly so it doesn't matter. I pick Druid, I face a tempo mage who ignores my board, points everything at face and was going to lose in one turn but has good Yogg RNG so they just fucking win. I pick Warrior, hello Ramp druid who plays Ragnaros on turn four.

I broke my mouse. :( and my HS deck tracker keeps crashing which locks up my computer for a minute so I can't use it anymore. Itd be nice to be able to look at the log and see if I misplayed or if I'm just getting fucking high rolled.

Track-o-bot still works, here's how you get so angry you seriously consider calling in to work:

JqEdArD.jpg

rahji

well that amaz stream today is something. just forfeited his arena with warlock after 1-2 and now he lost his first match with mage.

edit: well, 2-2 with his mage. this is so good.

Kornflayx

Opponent got Tirion up. My only chance is a yolo Yogg and what happens? Earth Shock into Assassinate on the Tirion into instant concede from my opponent.

Praise Yogg

Levi

Banned
She's not used in any popular decks right this moment but she's not a bad card. Keep her. She might be useful later.

I see that card a lot in wild N'zoth Hunter decks, but folks in wild are more experimental in general. It won't see a lot of play in standard until some streamer or tournament player has success with the card.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I see that card a lot in wild N'zoth Hunter decks, but folks in wild are more experimental in general. It won't see a lot of play in standard until some streamer or tournament player has success with the card.

She is a very playable card and we have two years worth of expansions to find potential uses for her. She isn't like Boogeymonster or Anomalus where her design is inherently flawed. Dusting her now Is very short-sighted.

Yogg is one of my favorite cards. I only play two minions depending what class I use and everything else is spells & weapons. Yogg Hunter or Yogg Warrior. So fun to play.

Levi

Banned
She is a very playable card and we have two years worth of expansions to find potential uses for her. She isn't like Boogeymonster or Anomalus where her design is inherently flawed. Dusting her now Is very short-sighted.

I was agreeing with you, if that wasn't clear. :p I'm sure that card will end up in a meta deck sooner or later.

Speaking of hunter, I just wanted to get some wins on the board so on my lunch break I made a brokeback hybrid hunter deck and got two quick wins against a renolock (what idiot plays renolock at rank 15) and a c'thun warrior. (Felt good to be on the other side of that hopeless match up for once.)

So yesterday I was 5-6 and today I'm 2-5 so far... I really want to get my standard rank to at least 10 before I slink back to wild but it's not happening.

Mulgrok

Having a lot of fun with my crappy Reno Paladin deck at rank 17:

EDIT: I should probably put n'zoth in there.

EDIT2: I replaced argent squire with n'zoth and it really helps. all of the board clear + equality synergy is working great.

Finalow

putting 2 Lightning Storms in my deck since sometimes drawing one might win me the game.

*6 cards left*, didn't draw a single Lightning Storm and lost because of it.

GG SkiLL

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I love the shame quit.

Fourth zoolock I'm facing in a row, get a 5/3 mana wyrm going, he puts down an imp gang boss, puts down a murloc raider, then puts defender of argus on the far right side. He insta concedes with 16hp left.

Levi

Banned
Patron Warrior stronger than ever in Wild.

I missed you Death's Bite. :-D

Are you playing the Patron N'Zoth list for the alternate win condition? Or the Patron Yogg list for the BrokeBack factor? Or are you just running the old, pre-standard list?

I'm itching for some wild, but at this point it would feel like giving up on my standard ranking which I'm not yet ready to do.

I love when people think they're hot shit in this game. Druid mirror, he's playing C'Thun, I'm playing Yogg. Turn 4 I Violet Teacher and a bunch of spells. He starts BMing me with emotes and uses almost his entire hand to clear my board. Dropped Fandral next turn and he couldn't answer it, into Nourish the following turn. Dude probably didn't feel so great about his board clear at that point. Needless to say he got crushed.

Levi

Banned
Won five in a row after work, had a nice streak going, of course a Druid with 4 health vs my 24 health plays yogg, gains a bunch of armor, thistle teas into 3 swipes and draws 5 cards. I end up taking him to fatigue and he's going to die to fatigue damage turn, manages to discover a 5th swipe off of raven idol and kills me.

At least I gained back the stars I lost this morning. I was titled so I stopped for the night--I'm hoping I can keep up the 5-1 win/loss into tomorrow though.

How long until Yogg rotates out? Two more years of there being a card that negates every other turn in the game and literally turns the outcome into a coinflip? A card that their isn't any counterplay? Sure, it's a fan card, but it's also the death of skill.

I can't wait until the World Champ at Blizzcon is crowned because of Yogg RNG.

jgminto

I feel like people aren't used to 10 mana cards actually providing effects potentially worth their cost when they complain about Yogg. If a 10 mana card can't swing the game, it shouldn't be worth 10 mana.

Levi

Banned
Is there any way possible that Power Overwhelming doesn't get nerfed next year?

I honestly can't think of one.

Let me play Devil's Advocate (as I wouldn't be opposed to making PO 3/3 or a 2 mana card)

Blessing of Might, Rockbiter, and Cold Blood all do similar things and don't have the drawback of killing your minion afterwards. Are all those getting nerfed too?

Abusive Sergeant is 1 mana, adds two attack, and gives you a 2/1 body. That's 4/1 for 1 without the drawback of PO. NERF!

Soulfire is 4 damage for one mana as well. Is that getting nerfed?

Being able to break the limit of two per deck by running double Dark Peddler is pretty broken, though.

Comboing it with charge minions (Leeroy, Doomguard) is also broken.

So why nerf PO? Why not nerf Peddler or charge minions?

Levi

Banned
I feel like people aren't used to 10 mana cards actually providing effects potentially worth their cost when they complain about Yogg. If a 10 mana card can't swing the game, it shouldn't be worth 10 mana.

There's "swinging the game" and then there's "hey, let's flip a bunch of rigged coins and let that decide the game instead of ANY of the decisions made by either player."

N'Zoth and C'Thun are swingy 10 mana cards that are fine. You know why? Because you can play around them! Because you can make a strategy to beat them! What's the strategy to playing against Yogg?

Praying? Fuck that.

Cards like Tuskar Totemic, Knife Juggler, Animal Companion and Flame Juggler do that already.

Don't remind me! (none of them are as bad as Yogg though. You can't be at one health against someone with full health and a full board and drop any of those cards and instantly win the game. Yogg can do that! Yogg DOES do that!)

Dahbomb

Yeah as much as I don't like PO, any nerf on it would make it a pretty mediocre card.

Abusive Sergeant though? 1/1 same Battlecry.

Let me play Devil's Advocate (as I wouldn't be opposed to making PO 3/3 or a 2 mana card)

Blessing of Might, Rockbiter, and Cold Blood all do similar things and don't have the drawback of killing your minion afterwards. Are all those getting nerfed too?

Abusive Sergeant is 1 mana, adds two attack, and gives you a 2/1 body. That's 4/1 for 1 without the drawback of PO. NERF!

Soulfire is 4 damage for one mana as well. Is that getting nerfed?

Being able to break the limit of two per deck by running double Dark Peddler is pretty broken, though.

Comboing it with charge minions (Leeroy, Doomguard) is also broken.

So why nerf PO? Why not nerf Peddler or charge minions?

PO's drawback is pretty much mitigated since you only ever use it for lethal or to trade up. The latter is what I have a problem with. Tokens being able to trade up with a card 4-5x its cost for a 1 mana spell is a bit much. Of course, it wouldn't be so bad if Blizzard would stop giving Zoo so much garbage that they can vomit on the board. And since they won't do that then, PO needs to get hit in my opinion.

PO would pretty much be fine in any other class, evidenced by the other examples you posted. The problem is Zoo and Blizzard's incompetence when it comes to keeping that archetype in line. I just don't see any way that Zoolock doesn't take a hit in some form and Power Overwhelming seems the most likely candidate.

Yeah as much as I don't like PO, any nerf on it would make it a pretty mediocre card.

Abusive Sergeant though? 1/1 same Battlecry.

This should have been done forever ago honestly. Although really, +1 attack for the battlecry makes so much more sense to me when you compare it to something like Dark Iron Dwarf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom